90 Short Christmas Quotes, Sayings, Messages & Greetings
Looking for short quotes about Christmas to celebrate the festive season? We have rounded up the best collection of short Christmas quotes, sayings, captions, wishes, messages, and captions (with images and pictures).
You can use these wonderful wishes on your cards and greetings to wish Merry Christmas to your family and friends get them into the holiday spirit.
Also Check: Christmas Quotes and Cards
Christmas holidays are the most awaited time of the year. Time for hanging out with family and friends, decorating the house, making delicious food, exchanging gifts, and celebrating Christmas eve with Christmas carols and lights.
As Christmas is fast approaching it’s time to ramp up your holiday festivities. From making your Christmas party plans to shopping for presents for your loved ones, these quotes, messages, and wishes will get you in the spirit of the season.
Also Check: Christmas Light Captions
Let these best Christmas quotes, from funny to religious, be a source of inspiration during the most wonderful time of the year.
Explore these different types of quotes and captions that you can use on your as text on your Christmas card this year.
If you are enjoying these inspiring short Christmas quotes then check out our collection of religious Christmas quotes and positive Christmas quotes for this Christmas to spread positivity this holiday season.
Top 10 Short Christmas Quotes
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Marjorie Holmes
- “Christmas is a together-y sort of holiday.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up. ”- Jenny Han
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
- “Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Elf
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.” – Irving Berlin
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
Famous Short Christmas Quotes For Friends
In the middle of the holiday hustle and bustle, it becomes difficult to connect with all the people who are important to you.
There are times when we are not with our family during Christmas and we miss them, but we can surely celebrate it with our friends who are no less than family.
Also Check: Christmas Captions For Friends
You can celebrate Christmas with your friends in many fun ways, like hosting a gingerbread house challenge, cookies and pajama party, and more to share the joy of the season and make some merry memories that you can cherish forever.
These short Christmas quotes for friends will help you understand that connecting with friends is not complicated, sometimes spending a cozy night chatting is the perfect way to catch up and celebrate.
- “Baby it’s cold outside.” – Dean Martin
- “Believe in the magic of Christmas.” – Unknown
- “Love the giver more than the gift.” – Brigham Young
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.” – White Christmas
- “Walking in a winter wonderland.” – “Winter Wonderland”
- “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given…” – Isaiah 9:6-7
- “You can’t fool me—there ain’t no Sanity Clause!” – Chico Marx
- “When they saw the star they rejoiced with great joy!” – Matthew 2:10
- “I believe… I believe… It’s silly, but I believe.” – Miracle on 34th Street
- “Christmas to me is as many people as possible happy.” – Tupac Shakur
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” – Edward Pola & George Wyle
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Unknown
- “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” – Freya Stark
- “May your present be many and your troubles be few. Merry Christmas.” – Unknown
- “Remembrance, like a candle, burns brightest at Christmastime.” – Charles Dickens
- “Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright with the light of God’s love.” – Unknown
- “I wish you a cheerful holiday with lots of fun and happiness. Merry Christmas!” – Unknown
- “Christmas day is the children’s, but the holidays are youth’s dancing-time.” – Booth Tarkington
- “What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.” – Phyllis Diller
- “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.” – Johnny Carson
Inspirational Short Christmas Quotes For Family
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. And so it is important to celebrate it with our family, friends, and dear ones.
Even if we are far away from home for work or studies, we try to be home for the holidays to enjoy Christmas and New Year’s time with our loved ones.
Also Check: Merry Christmas Family Quotes
As you’re wrapping gifts for family members and friends, try out one of these quotes to write on the tag, it’s a little something extra that will make them feel loved.
- “May your days be merry and bright.” – White Christmas
- “The true spirit of Christmas is love.” – Unknown
- “Warm and cozy holiday wishes.” – Unknown
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger.” – Robert Paul
- “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” – Ann Garnett Schultz
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
- “The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” – W.C. Jones
- “My husband’s idea of getting the Christmas spirit is to become Scrooge.” – Melanie White
- “Christmas can’t be bought from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more.” – Dr. Seuss
- “There’s something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh.” – Kristen Wiig
- “At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.” – Thomas Tusser
- “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story.” – Fred Rogers
- “A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn’t get into a single argument all day.” – Melanie White
- “Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive.” – Stephen Fry
- “Thank you, Stockings, for being a long flammable piece of fabric people like to hang over a roaring fireplace.” – Jimmy Fallon
Funny Short Christmas Quotes To Make You Laugh
Christmas is the most awaited time of the year when we spend time with friends, family and loved ones. We greet them with gifts, wishes, and all the good vibes.
Also Check: Funny Merry Christmas Memes
So if you are looking to have a good fun time and a little laughter to lighten your spirits, we are sharing some funny short Christmas wishes to tickle your funny bone.
- “Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.” – Gary Allan
- “And so this is Christmas… what have you done?” – John Lennon
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.” – Andy Borowitz
- “Christmas sweaters are only acceptable as a cry for help.” – Andy Borowitz
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.” – Victor Borge
- “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.” – Rosie Thomas
- “Even as an adult, I still find it hard to sleep on Christmas Eve.” – Carrie Latet
- “‘White Christmas’ is the ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ of Christmas songs.” – Stewart Stafford
- “Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas.” – Kin Hubbard
- “Christmas is a box of tree ornaments that have become part of the family.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “I haven’t taken my Christmas lights down. They look so nice on the pumpkin.” – Winston Spear
- “The main reason Santa is so jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.” – George Carlin
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” – Elf
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.” – Bart Simpson
- “I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can’t wait to exchange.” – Henny Youngman
Short Christmas Messages For Cards
These wonderful Christmas greeting card messages are short and perfect to send to friends and neighbors. Keep your words simple and greet a wonderful Christmas holiday to your friends and family.
Whether it’s cute, sweet or heartfelt, these short Christmas messages for cards and greetings will spread cheer to all of your loved ones.
- “’Tis the season to be jolly!” – “Deck the Halls”
- “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity.” – Phillips Brooks
- “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Christmas isn’t just a day—it’s a frame of mind.” – Miracle on 34th Street
- “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” – Jesse Jackson
- “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
- “What I like about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with the present.” – Don Marquis
- “I don’t know what to say, but it’s Christmas, and we’re all in misery.” – National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- “Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.” – Frank McKinney Hubbard
- “There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus.” – Bob Phillips
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “I don’t want Christmas season to end, because it’s the only time I can legitimately indulge in on particular addiction: glitter.” – Eloisa James
- “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “My brother, little sister and I decorate the tree together, and every year we fight over who gets to hang our handmade childhood decorations.” – Carly Rae Jepsen
Short Christmas Sayings To Cheer Up Holidays
- “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” –“’Let it Snow”
- “A joy that is shared is a joy made double.” – John Roy
- “Nothing says holidays like a cheese log.” – Ellen Degeneres
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Christmas is a time when you get homesick, even if you’re home.” – Carol Nelson
- “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” – Washington Irving
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing, but of reflection.” – Winston Churchill
- “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Theresa
- “As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.” – Eric Sevareid
- “The world has grown weary through the years, but at Christmas, it is young.” – Phillips Brooks
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Pindar
- “Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.” – Stephen Jones
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” – Dale Evans Rogers
- “There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid
- “Christmas and the holidays is the season of giving. It’s a time when people are more kind and open-hearted.” – Gisele Bundchen
Short Christmas Captions For Instagram
To create that whole festive aura, we all need good pictures and captions that make a perfect post to cherish funny paparazzi moments throughout!
Stop stressing over on what to use on the captions for your loving pictures. So we have gathered some of the top-rated captions to suit all your post requirements. #ChristmasInstagramCaptions
Friends, family, food, festive, Christmas trees, lights, your dog, you name it and we will find your search for that perfect line below!
Its time to enjoy your festive season with your loved ones to enrich your memories with these beautiful tag lines to go perfectly well with your photos.
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- Keep Calm and jingle all the way.
- The reason for the season: Cookies.
- I hope Santa is good to you this year!
- Life is short. Eat the Christmas cookies.
- I’m only a morning person on December 25th.
- You’re my favorite Christmas present this year.
- Another Christmas already? Seriously, what the Elf?
- Every Christmas is merrier because you’re a part of it.
- Home is where the Christmas cookies and presents are!
- You are the greatest gift I could wish for this Christmas.
- Baby it’s cold outside, but you fill my heart with warmth.
- It’s your Christmas! March to the beat of your own little drummer boy.
- I might not believe in Santa, but I still believe in a good Christmas card!
- Greetings! May peace, love and joy be yours this holiday season and all year long!
Best 10 Short Christmas Quotes From The Bible
We have collected some religious short Christmas quotes from the Bible, Christian leaders, authors, and artist that focus on the beautiful gift of Jesus coming to earth as a baby.
Also Check: Religious Christmas Quotes
He is the greatest gift of Christmas! Let’s enjoy these sayings and stay motivated to spread love, compassion, and gratitude to all this Christmas!
- “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” – 2 Corinthians 9:15 (NKJV)
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
“There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.” – Isaiah 11:1
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.” – Matthew 1:21
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.” – Isaiah 7:14
“The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him…” – John 1:9-10
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” – John 1:14 (NKJV)
“But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.” – Galatians 4:4-5
Which of these short Christmas messages and quotations do you relate the most to? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
Feel free to share these quotes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, WhatsApp with friends and family and spread the festive vibes.