25 John Rocker Quotes And Sayings
Looking for famous quotes by John Rocker? We have rounded up the best collection of John Rocker quotes, sayings, captions, (with images and pictures) about sports, life, media, racism, and more.
John Loy Rocker is a former American relief pitcher who played six seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB), primarily with the Atlanta Braves. In December 2011, Rocker released his autobiography, Scars and Strikes.
Also See: Inspirational Coach Quotes
Rocker received notoriety during his career for making controversial statements, which began with a 1999 Sports Illustrated interview and continued after his retirement.
John Rocker Quotes
- “Totally unprofessional and out of line.”
- “I’ll admit I said something I shouldn’t have said.”
- “The last thing I want to do… is offend people and ostracize myself.”
- “I have hurt people. It was unintentional, but nevertheless, there was damage done.”
- “I am extremely sorry for the stress and confusion I have brought on the Braves organization.”
- “Like me or don’t like me, I’m not going to adjust my behavior, just to gain a few more positive fans.”
- “I’m merely a baseball player, guys. In the great scheme of things, my thoughts, opinions and attitudes are of little importance.”
- “My comments concerning persons afflicted with AIDS as well as various minority groups have left people wondering if I am a racist.”
- “Even though it might appear otherwise from what I’ve said, I am not a racist. I should not have said what I did because it is not what I believe in my heart.”
- “as a forum to retaliate at all the wrong injustices that had been done towards me and towards a lot of my teammates — and I just went a little too far.”
- “The media loves nothing more than when there is a racial scandal or something. Racism, bigotry, these are just such hot button issues, and the media loves it.”
- “I ain’t watching you do this crap. If you want to use some common sense here and try to upgrade your pitching, then we’re going to stay. But if not, forget it.”
- “I have a group of close personal friends that are all my world. My family is my world. And as long as those people are happy with me, then I’m happy with myself.”
- “About my presumed hatred of the people of New York, the comments I made over six months ago offended many people. I’m fully aware of this and I sincerely apologize,”
- “I want everybody to understand that my emotions fuel my competitive desire. They are a source of energy for me. However, I have let my emotions get the best of my judgment.”
- “That guy should’ve been arrested, and instead he’s playing basketball. Why do you think that is? Do you think if he was Keith Van Horn, if he was white, they’d let him back? No way.”
- “I also am fully aware that the overwhelming majority of people in this city are extremely charismatic, full of personality — though a bit spirited at times — but nevertheless that doesn’t make them bad people,”
- “You know, to go and get something to eat and sit down at a table with him for 10 minutes after a game and you grew up idolizing him and he won’t even look at you, that’s rude. Maybe that’s just his personality and he’s a quiet guy, but to me it was rude.”
- “I’ve taken a lot of crap from a lot of people. Probably more than anybody in the history of this sport. I know Hank (Aaron) and Jackie (Robinson) took a good deal of crap, but I guarantee it wasn’t for six years. I just keep thinking: How much am I supposed to take?”
- “The biggest thing I don’t like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?”
- “Nowhere else in the country do people spit at you, throw bottles at you, throw quarters at you, throw batteries at you and say, ‘Hey, I did your mother last night…she’s a whore.’ I talked about what degenerates they were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms.”
- “I would retire first. It’s the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you’re [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing.”
More Sports Quotes To Motivate You
Inspirational Basketball Quotes
We have tried to come up with quotes and topics relating to willpower, discipline, success, dedication, determination and hard work which you need for your goals.
Which of these John Rocker quotes and posters resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share these John Rocker sayings and posters with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more to motivate them when they feel beaten down.