Weightlifting quotes by famous coaches, athletes, and trainers have always motivated people to keep hustling for their fitness goals.
Weightlifting refers to physical exercises and sports in which people lift weights, often in the form of dumbbells or barbells.
Lifting heavy weights to build muscles or to maintain a fit body is never an easy journey, but it is worth all the dedication and pain.
And since lifting weights seems hard, and leaves your muscles sore and painful it is tough to find the motivation to keep pushing through the workout challenge.
Weightlifters push themselves through their limits and work hard consistently with the commitment to their fitness goals.
Since training is hard and can be very strenuous, we often want to quit or skip the workout days.
But with discipline, perseverance, and a laser-like focus you can build those strong muscles and an amazing body.
There are immense benefits of weight training including burning calories, weight loss, stronger muscles, improves heart health, and also lower sugar levels.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned weight lifter these power-lifting quotes are motivating reminders to keep to pump up those muscles and get in the gym.
Top 10 Weightlifting Quotes
- “The body achieves what the mind believes.” – Unknown
- “Some are born strong, and others are made strong.” – J.R. Rim
- “Bodybuilding isn’t 90 minutes in the gym. It’s a lifestyle.” – Lee Priest
- “If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.” – Bret Contreras
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- “Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a desire, a dream, a vision.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.” – Jillian Michaels
Best Quotes About Weight Lifting
Strength training will help you lower your risk of chronic disease, have better self-esteem, and have a reduced risk of injury and falls with stronger bones.
As we see from Arnold Schwarzenegger to Ronnie Coleman, many of the greatest lifters of all time have left behind a legacy of inspirational words that have stood the test of time.
You can use these inspirational weightlifting quotes as posters, wallpapers, or DP on your walls, or phone to keep encouraging you to hustle for that strong muscle.
- “No pain, no gain.” – Unknown
- “There is no strength without struggle.” – Unknown
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
- “To be a champion, you must act like a champion.” – Lou Ferrigno
- “The pain you feel today is the strength you’ll feel tomorrow.” – Unknown
- “Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “I’m going to lift heavy things until I can lift even heavier things.” – Unknown
- “The moment when you want to quit is the moment when you need to keep pushing.” – Unknown
- “In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up.” – Rich Froning Jr.
- “There is no shortcut it takes time to build a better & stronger version of yourself.” – Odeta Stuikys Rose
- “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Arthur L. Williams, Jr.
- “It’s not about being better than someone else, it’s about being better than you were the day before.” – Unknown
- “You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go.” – Drew Brees
- “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Weightlifting Quotes To Motivate Bodybuilding
Toned and lean bodies and fitness have become a rage these days. With movie stars and celebrities, all pumped up with great physiques, people have started taking their bodies more seriously.
Be it gym, yoga, or a workout at home, everyone wants a good and fit body.
Working out for a healthy and fitter body will be worth all the time and effort you put into your training.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
- “You may not be there yet. But you’re closer than yesterday.” – Unknown
- “Being strong doesn’t start in the gym. It starts in your head.” – Lisbeth Darsh
- “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” – Unknown
- “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” – Marvin Phillips
- “Promise yourself that no matter how hard it gets you won’t give up.” – Unknown
- “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “You shall gain, but you shall pay with sweat, blood, and vomit.” – Pavel Tsatsouline
- “Discipline is the bridge between your bodybuilding goals and bodybuilding success.” – Felicity Luckey
- “Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears, and effort in the gym every day.” – Gabby Douglas
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet, and mental approach.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “You’re going to have to let it hurt. Let it suck. The harder you work, the better you will look. Your appearance isn’t parallel to how heavy you lift, it’s parallel to how hard you work.” – Joe Manganiello
Famous Weightlifting Quotes For Strong Living
- “You are much stronger than you think.” – Unknown
- “You don’t find will power, you create it.” – Unknown
- “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.” – Jillian Michaels
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment.” – Justin Langer
- “Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give last one you earn.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.” – Sugar Ray Robinson
- “If you want to be the best, you have to do things other people aren’t willing to do.” – Michael Phelps
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Your best isn’t easy… It requires everything you got and nothing less than that. Buy you can do that.” – Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.” – Jack LaLanne
Inspirational Weightlifting Quotes
- “Passion trumps everything.” – Dave Tate
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.” – Unknown
- “If you aren’t begging for rest, then you aren’t training your best.” – Unknown
- “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” – Sean Patrick Flanery
- “If you have discipline, drive, determination, nothing is impossible.” – Dana Linn Bailey
- “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” – Jim Rohn
- “There’s no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.” – Ronnie Coleman
- “What makes a weightlifting program successful? Your hard work and dedication.” – Greg Everett
- “There are two types of pains, one that hurts you and the other that changes you.” – Jetti Woodruff
- “Some people are born to lift heavy weights; some are born to juggle golden balls.” – Max Beerbohm
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you ever lack the motivation to train then think what happens to your mind & body when you don’t.” – Shifu Yan Lei
- “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
- “Get off the treadmill of consumption, replication, and mediocrity. Begin lifting the weights of creativity, originality, and success.” – Ryan Lilly
- “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- “I really like the learning process and getting better at Olympic lifts. It’s great I can take part in the sport just the same as everyone else. And one day I want to be able to compete at a weightlifting meet just as everybody else.” ― Stu Young
- “The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back. The Iron never lies to you.” – Henry Rollins
More Inspirational Quotes
Regular workouts have great advantages, they keep your heart rate up but take some of the impact stress off your body.
And it helps to build endurance, muscle strength, and cardiovascular fitness. So overcome your workout challenges today!
Let us know which of these powerful quotes about weightlifting inspired you the most.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate and uplift their mood every morning.