Read the best collection of excuses quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to break the cycle of excuses and start making real progress in life.
We all make excuses. Whether it’s to get out of a task, avoid taking responsibility for our actions or simply procrastinate, we use excuses as a way to justify our actions.
But making excuses can be detrimental to our success and progress in life. It can lead to feelings of incompetence and low self-esteem, and it can even stop us from achieving the results we want.
Making excuses is a way of avoiding responsibility and accountability. It’s an easy way out of having to face the truth and take responsibility for our actions or lack thereof.
When we make excuses, it keeps us from reaching our full potential and achieving our goals.
It’s time to stop making excuses and start taking action toward reaching your goals. There are no shortcuts, but you can make progress if you take the time to plan, set realistic expectations, and stay focused on your objectives.
These inspirational quotes about excuses will help you to stay motivated in confronting obstacles and reaching success.
Top 10 Excuses Quotes
- “A lie is an excuse guarded.” – Jonathan Swift
- “It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” – George Washington
- “Don’t use the past as an excuse to miss out on your future.” – Alan Cohen
- “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
- “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “It is easier to move from failure to success than from excuses to success.” – John C. Maxwell
- “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanation, no regrets.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.” – John Wooden
- “People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.” – Laura Schlessinger
- “And oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.” – William Shakespeare
Best Quotes About Excuses
Giving up on excuses may seem scary, but it is the only way to force yourself to step out of your comfort zone and grow.
Once you get rid of all excuses, you are free to try things, make mistakes, and find your path. A successful person is committed to his goals and does not seek comfort in excuses.
So stop making excuses and start getting things done today!
- “No one ever excused his way to success.” – Dave Del Dotto
- “Excuses are the rocks where our dreams are crushed.” – Tim Fargo
- “I’m happy because I’ve run out of excuses not to be.” – Marty Rubin
- “A difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.” – Edward R. Murrowc
- “If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.” – Bruce Nauman
- “You can have excuses or you can have success; you can’t have both.” – Jen Sincero
- “I attribute my success to this:—I never gave or took an excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
- “Excuses are a powerful thing. One excuse can negate 100 opportunities.” – Bobby Darnell
- “What we need to understand is that once we rely on using excuses as a way out, they take a life of their own.” – Peter Lopez Jr.
- “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
- “Successful people don’t use the obstacles of time, education, and money as excuses…they use them as leverage to get help.” – Richie Norton
- “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.” – O. J. Simpson
- “We have more ability than willpower, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
- “When you are willing to replace mundane excuses with hard work and your laziness with determination, nothing can prevent you from succeeding.” – Prem Jagyasi
- “Stop standing in your own way. Stop making excuses. Stop talking about why you can’t. Stop sabotaging yourself. Decide which direction you are going in and take action one decision at a time, one moment at a time.” – Akiroq Brost
Famous Quotes About Making Excuses
Everyone has made excuses before, whether it’s for not doing something or for doing something wrong. It’s human nature to want to avoid blame and responsibility, but excuses can lead us down a dangerous path.
When we make excuses, we shift the blame away from ourselves and onto someone else or some other factor.
- “Never make excuses.” – Unknown
- “Excuses don’t burn calories.” – Unknown
- “No fear, no limits, no excuses.” – Unknown
- “Excuses destroy success every time.” – Jon Taffer
- “Be stronger than your strongest excuse.” – Unknown
- “Make yourself stronger than your excuses.” – Unknown
- “Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.” – Unknown
- “Several excuses are always less convincing than one.” – Aldous Huxley
- “When I Lost all of my EXCUSES, I Found all of my RESULTS.” – Unknown
- “Success & Excuses do not talk together. If you want Excuses, forget about Success. If you want Success, do not give excuses!!” – Unknown
- “The only person who is truly holding you back is you. No more excuses. It’s time to change. It’s time to live life at a new level.” – Tony Robbins
- “Essentially there are two actions in life: Performance and excuses. Make a decision as to which he will accept from yourself.” – Steven Brown
- “The trouble with excuses, however, is that they become inevitably difficult to believe after they’ve been used a couple of times.” – Scott Spencer
- “Not managing your time and making excuses are two bad habits. Don’t put them both together by claiming you ‘don’t have the time.’” – Bo Bennett
- “Stop making excuses. Stop being a victim. Take personal responsibility. Hold yourself accountable. Get comfortable with the uncomfortable. And finally, make your dreams come true.” – David Goggins
Excuses Quotes For Relationships
We have all been guilty of making excuses in relationships. Whether it is to avoid an uncomfortable conversation or to dodge an argument, excuses can be a short-term fix.
However, in the long run, they can cause more damage than good. Excuses can lead to trust issues, and communication breakdowns, and may even end up costing you the relationship you’ve worked so hard to build.
It’s important to understand why excuses are made and how to avoid them in order to maintain a healthy relationship.
- “A man of excuses is already displaying failure.” – Unknown
- “There is a lie in between a promise and many excuses.” – Toba Beta
- “One excuse could destroy a multitude of chances.” – Anthony Liccione
- “The heart has its reasons but the mind makes the excuses.” – Amit Abraham
- “A real failure does not need an excuse. It is an end in itself.” – Gertrude Stein
- “If you tell me before, it’s a reason. If you tell me after, it’s an excuse.” – Carlos Wallace
- “Excuses are used to justify leaving the scene of truth without changing.” – Orrin Woodward
- “When you actually matter to a person, they’ll make time for you. No lies, no excuses.” – Unknown
- “Don’t use your past as an excuse, excuse your excuses and take action now!!!” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “The worse enemy you can fight is the one that you are hiding behind your excuses.” – Manuel Corazzari
- “Save the excuses. It’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time. If it matters, you will make time.” – Unknown
- “When you really matter to someone, that person will always make time for you. No excuses, no lies, and no broken promises.” – Unknown
- “Taking on too much of other people’s drama is just a poor excuse for not taking ownership and control over your own life.” – José N. Harris
- “Two things that have been around before us and will be after us, and while we are here you will always choose one… EXCUSES or HUSTLE.” – Sotero M Lopez II
Stop Making Excuses Quotes
We all make excuses. Whether it’s for missing a deadline, not going to the gym, or not saying “no” to something we don’t want to do, we use excuses as a way to justify ourselves and our actions.
But it’s important to remember that excuses can get us nowhere. It’s time to stop making excuses and start taking responsibility for our actions.
- “Excuses don’t get results.” – Unknown
- “Winners don’t make excuses!” – Unknown
- “Make time, not excuses.” – Grant Cardone
- “Be stronger than your excuses.” – Unknown
- “Make an effort, not an excuse….” – Unknown
- “RESULTS or EXCUSES. You choose.” – Unknown
- “Bad excuses are worse than none.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Find the reasons. Lose the excuses. Gain the results.” – Unknown
- “Do not make excuses, whether it’s your fault or not.” – George Patton
- “Life’s rewards go to those who let their actions rise above their excuses.” – Unknown
- “It takes guts to realize you screwed up and to then come clean without any excuses.” – Brandon Webb
- “Excuses are the loser’s way out. They will mar your credibility and stunt your personal growth.” – Alexander Pope
- “The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “We ought to relentlessly ignore excuses, especially those we are told by ourselves.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “We may place blame, give reasons, and even have excuses; but in the end, it is an act of cowardice to not follow your dreams.” – Steve Maraboli
No Excuses Quotes To Inspire You
- “Create a way, not an excuse.” – Unknown
- “No excuses. Play like a champion.” – Kelley O’Hara
- “For every excuse there is a solution.” – Matt Kepnes
- “If you look for an excuse, you’ll always find one.” – Anthony Liccione
- “You could always make an excuse not to make a change.” – Siobhan Curham
- “Excuses and complaints are signs of a dreamless life.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Maturity comes when you stop making excuses and start making changes.” – Unknown
- “Once an excuse has been deployed, brutal honesty is no longer an option.” – Linda Berdoll
- “However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
- “I don’t like to give in to injuries. I don’t like to use them as excuses. Everybody has them.” – John Stockton
- “I do not believe in excuses. I believe in hard work as the prime solvent of life’s problems.” – James Cash Penney
- “Let’s not use obstacles as excuses for not achieving our dreams, use them as signs that the dream is worth it.” – Steven Aitchison
- “Most people don’t have that willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like victims.” – Carlos Santana
- “The only thing standing between us and our goals are the excuses we fall back on that keep us in chains, little do we know that we hold the key in our grasp.” – Mark W Boyer
- “If you have passion, there is no need for excuses because your enthusiasm will trump any negative reasoning you might come up with. Enthusiasm makes excuses a nonissue.” – Wayne Dyer
One of the biggest impediments to success is making excuses. We all do it, even though we know that excuses are nothing more than a way to justify our own laziness and lack of discipline.
If you’re serious about achieving your goals, then it’s time to stop making excuses and start getting things done.
How can we stop making excuses?
Making excuses is a natural behavior that can be difficult to change. However, if we want to make progress and get things done, then we need to stop making excuses and take responsibility for our actions.
The best way to do this is to have an accountability partner or coach; someone who can push you when you need it and hold you accountable for your goals.
Furthermore, setting simple and achievable goals can help to motivate you to take action. Time management is also key to avoiding procrastination and developing stronger self-discipline.
If you like these powerful quotes on excuses, you can also read our posts on keep pushing quotes and motivational determination quotes for students to face all challenges and obstacles in life with a lot of strength and courage.
Feel free to share these insightful quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom.