Looking for quotes about the cactus plant? We have rounded up the best collection of cactus quotes, sayings, ideas, phrases, captions, status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to thrive through in tough situations and your struggle days.
The Cactus plant is one of the hardest plants which even thrives in desert and extreme hot weather conditions. It can withstand the harshest conditions and still grow, and keep flourishing.
Also See: Palm Tree Quotes And Captions
These inspirational cactus quotes are used literally and also metaphorically to encourage you to grow, bloom, and adjust in all situations life puts you in and utilize your power to the best of your abilities to survive and succeed in life.
We have divided the post in the following sections to make it easier for you;
- Cactus Quotes
- Cute Cactus Captions
Let the cactus’ strength and perseverance be an inspirational advice to you. Trust yourself and your abilities have the power to overcome any adversity and challenge that life presents to you.
Cactus Quotes And Sayings
- “Adolescence is like cactus.” – Anais Nin
- “Don’t forget to drink, you’re not a cactus.”
- “A cactus is a desert’s rose.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “The thorns are worth bearing for a flower.” – Kalinin
- “I hate cactuses. They are such a prick.” – Punny Leone
- “Deserts never believe in cactus. seeds so.” – Deepak Gupta
- “In a world full of flowers, be a cactus.” – Kul Bhushan Negi
- “My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough.” – Gary Anarchic
- “Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.” – Leigh Bard Ugo
- “Play with a cactus and you will get pricked!” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “The world is full of cactus, but we don’t have to sit on it.”- Will Foley
- “Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul.” – Linda Solegato
- “If holding cactus can cure my pain, I would love to have it for whole life.”
- “People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.” – James Joyce
- “Focusing on the negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult.”- TobyMac
- “Be sharp like a cactus, people are afraid to touch and not a sort of rubbish.” – Sophia
- “Don’t jack off a cactus, you’ll only hurt your hand and the cactus’ feelings.”- Tre Cool
- “If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere.” – Mashona Dhimaya
- “It was the act of a gentleman, and Damian was as gentle as a cactus.” – Isabella Sheikh
- “Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration.” – Lou Erickson
- “What a surprise. That boy doesn’t have the sense God gave a cactus.” – Kathleen Peacock
- “The Big Cactus… because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.”- Shaquille O’Neal
- “During your struggle society is not a bunch of flowers, it is a bunch of cacti.” – Amit Kalanithi
- “Hope is not a resting place but a starting point – a cactus, not a cushion.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Thanks a heap coyote ugly. This cactus-gram stings worse than your abandonment.”- Diablo Cody
- “A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest.” – Mashona Dhimaya
- “I want my body to help fertilize the growth of a cactus or cliff rose or sagebrush or tree.”- Edward Abbey
- “If seeds waited for perfect conditions to grow, there would be no plants in the desert.” – Mashona Dhimaya
- “If you get struck by a cactus, consider it a cactus kiss. Because we all know Love hurts.” – Jessica Anna Jones
- Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it’s going to hurt.
- “People are not cactuses, they need plenty of water and, when talking about friendship, the water is our time.” – Birute Sol
- “I read books so dry even a cactus couldn’t grow on them. But who cares? I’m not a farmer, I’m a thinker.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Deserts are very dry places, but plants can still grow there. Desert plants collect and use water in special ways.” – Julie Penn
- “A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.” – Hope Jahren
- “I hope that while so many people are out smelling the flowers, someone is taking the time to plant some.” – Herbert Rappaport
- “Anger was simple, self-sustaining as a cactus. You couldn’t look too closely at it, lest the spines get you in the eye.” – Rebecca Scherm
- “Cactus classification is similar to fashion on women skirts: they first shorten improperly and then lengthen excessively.”- R. Foster
- “Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.” – Joyce Meyer
- “I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.” – Demetri Martin
- “What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.”- John Diefenbaker
- “If one can see beauty in the strength of how a cactus blooms in the desert. They would see beauty in the thorns it displays.” – Reena Sharma
- “The cardones cactus is very similar to saguaro cactus in Arizona. These cacti only grow in very specific, particular places.” – James Turrell
- “The cactus thrives in the desert while the fern thrives in the wetland. The fool will try to plant them in the same flower box.” – Vera Nazarian
- “A cactus could’ve loved any other cactus, but love is such a crazy stuff that it only fell for a balloon, where their togetherness is impracticable.” – Fathima Shamla
- “I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for a while until I get thirsty again.” – Nancy Horan
- “So, they drove again, Vivien sitting up and looking now, but as navigator only, letting the desert scratch its own thorny poetry on the enormous moon.” – Douglas Woolf
- “Even from far away, I could see people being chased by hellhounds, burned at the stake, forced to run naked through cactus patches or listen to opera music.” – Rick Riordan
- “I’m an observer of life. I like to watch people, and I like to watch cactus. I like to talk to mountains and communicate with my friends in the other spheres and dimensions.”- Frederick Lenz
- “Cactus plants are blooming’, sagebrush everywhere / Granite spires are standing’ all around / I tell you folks it’s Heaven, to be riding’ down the trail / When the desert sun goes down.” – Gene Autry
- “A whale is as unique as a cactus. But don’t ask a whale to survive Death Valley. We all have special gifts. Where we use them and how determines whether we actually complete something.”- Max De Pree
- “Nothing’s all bad. There are very beautiful flowers in the desert amidst the spikes and thorns. Just don’t let them take over. In the garden of love there is little room for prickly things.” – Kate McGaha
- “I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “I consider it the highest compliment when my employees go out and start their own companies in competition with me. I always send them a plant to wish them well. Of course, it’s a cactus.” – Norman Brodsky
- “Very often, people are obsessed with what others think of them. It’s like if a flower wants to be a cactus or a palm but it’s not. A flower is a flower, and that’s enough. That’s all you have to do is be a flower.” – Stephan Hauser
- “A creative person has to create. It doesn’t really matter what you create. If such a dancer wanted to go out and build the cactus gardens where he could, in Mexico, let him do that, but something that is creative has to go on.” – Katherine Dunham
- “The cactus thrives in the desert while the fern thrives in the wetland…. The florist will sigh and add a wall divider and proper soil to both sides…The child will turn it around properly so that the fern is in the shade, and not the cactus….” – Vera Nazarian
- “She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.”- Jerry Spinelli
- “Take the rose—most people think it very beautiful: I don’t care for It at all. I prefer the cactus, for the simple reason that it has a more interesting personality. It has wonderfully adapted itself to its surroundings! It is the best illustration of the theory of evolution in plant life.”- Charles Proteus Steinmetz
- “Loving you is like loving a cactus. It’s leaves are so beautiful and amazing…that I can’t resist it’s beauty… Yet as soon as I touch it…I get pricked by it’s thorns… I get reminded of the fact that… Loving you is like loving a cactus… You hurt me every time… Whenever I come close to you… but.. still I can’t stop myself from loving you…” – Esa
- “The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love. While I was conducting experiments to make spineless cacti, I often talked to the plants. . . . “You have nothing to fear,” I would tell them. “You don’t need your defensive thorns. I will protect you.” Gradually the useful plant of the desert emerged in a thornless variety.”- Luther Burbank
Cute Cactus Captions For Instagram
- Nobody likes a prick.
- You’re looking sharp!
- Keep going. Keep growing.
- Life is better with a cactus.
- Not at all days have thorns.
- We grow when things are hard.
- Always be sharp but never too prickly.
- Life is like a cactus…thorny but beautiful.
- A cactus is just a really aggressive cucumber.
- Be a cactus in a world full of delicate flowers.
- Don’t let the prickly things in life get you down.
- I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.
- Life is like a cactus, full of pricks, but also very beautiful.
- Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.
- You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.
- If you were a cactus, I’d endure all the pain just to hug you.
- The desert works constantly to forbid it, and still the cactus blooms.
- We reap what we sow. We cannot expect apples when we have sown the seed of a cactus.
- The trees were in leaf and every plant was blooming, except for the cacti which were being stubbornly prickly.
- Advice from a cactus: Emphasize your strong points, be patient during the dry spells, you will bloom when it is your time, always stay sharp.
What Does The Cactus Plant Symbolize?
Native American cultures believe that the cactus represents warmth, protection, and motherly love. Because cacti plants can survive in harsh conditions, they’ve become a symbol of unconditional, maternal love.
What Does the Cactus Plant Mean Spiritually?
The spiritual meaning behind the cactus is symbolized in its hard protective exterior, its endurance and strength to survive in new environments and situations.
Keeping a cactus in your home or at work will remind you to stay strong, endure and remember that the essence of both your truth and your beauty from within.
We hope you enjoyed our collection of quotes about cactus plant. Please share these quotes with friends and family on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more forums.