90 Contentment Quotes For Peace Of Mind & Happy Life
I’ve rounded up the best collection of contentment quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire inner peace, satisfaction and fulfilment in life.
Contentment is a state of being satisfied and at peace with one’s current situation and surroundings.
It is often sought after by individuals as a way to achieve happiness and a sense of fulfillment. Many people believe that contentment is key to living a happy and meaningful life.
Some insightful quotes on being content emphasize the importance of appreciating what you already have, while others focus on the need to let go of desires and attachments.
Still, others suggest that contentment is found in living a simple and meaningful life, free from the pressures of materialism and societal expectations.
One of the most famous quotes about contentment is from the ancient Greek philosopher, Epicurus, who said,
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
This quote highlights the importance of gratitude and the need to appreciate what you already have rather than constantly seeking more.
These uplifting quotations provide wisdom and inspiration on how to achieve contentment in one’s life with simplicity.
Top 10 Contentment Quotes For Well Being In Life
- “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
- “Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty.” – Socrates
- “A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment.” – Proverb
- “Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.” – Joseph Addison
- “Contentment consists not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Hope combined with action is the only thing that will bring you contentment.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “True contentment is not having everything, but in being satisfied with everything you have.” – Oscar Wilde
- “To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.” – Tony Gaskins
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
Best Content Quotes To Be Happy In Life
- “True contentment comes with empathy.” – Tim Finn
- “Contentment is the only real wealth.” – Alfred Nobel
- “True humility is contentment.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “I don’t look for bliss, just contentment.” – Alison Krauss
- “Find contentment and happiness will find you.” – Unknown
- “Contentment does not come from achievement.” – Paul Henderson
- “A man may be happy anywhere that knows how to be contented.” – Wellins Calcott
- “Contentment is, after all, simply refined indolence.” – Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- “Contentment is work so engrossing that you do not know that you are working.” – Donald Hall
- “Contentment is not possessing everything but giving thanks for everything you possess.” – Unknown
- “Self-esteem is crucial to how much or how little contentment you feel at the end of your life.” – Mark Goulston
- “Achievement is the source of temporary happiness; CONTENTMENT is the source of lasting happiness.” – Unknown
- “Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.” – Unknown
- “It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.” – Unknown
- “Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.” – Lao Tzu
- “There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment.” – Swami Sivananda
- “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside.” – Unknown
- “The most valuable asset is one’s health. The greatest treasure is contentment. The best ally is confidence. The greatest pleasure comes from not being.” – Unknown
- “There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness, and no virtue like mercy.” – Chanakya
- “Satisfaction in life life arises from knowing you are exactly where you belong. Discontented people strive to be somewhere else or someone else. Contentment comes from many great and small acceptances in life.” – Unknown
Inspirational Quotes On Contentment
- “There’s satisfaction and contentment in direction.” – Manivannan
- “One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment.” – Merle Shain
- “Contentment is an attitude that says, I will be satisfied with what God has given me.” – Unknown
- “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The world is full of people looking for spectacular happiness while they snub contentment.” – Doug Larson
- “Be happy with the little that you have. There are people with nothing that still manage to smile.” – Unknown
- “From labor health, from health contentment spring; contentment opes the source of every joy.” – James Beattie
- “He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.” – Socrates
- “A little help without expectation in return does not make you poor, but it gives you a self-contentment in life.” – Unknown
- “Disappointment is a sticky one, because no one can steal contentment, joy, gratitude, or peace – we have to give it away.” – Kristin Armstrong
- “If there is any one thing that will bring peace and contentment into the human heart, and into the family, it is to live within our means.” – Heber J. Grant
- “We should purify our innate well of contentment – what a wonderful expression – and then external things will be in harmony with us.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Education was not about consumption, but about contentment with less and less. This is what Buddha taught and this is what the Vedas say.” – Sonam Wangchuk
- “It’s up to us to choose contentment and thankfulness now—and to stop imagining that we have to have everything perfect before we’ll be happy.” – Joanna Gaines
- “True contentment is a thing as active as agriculture. It is the power of getting out of any situation all that there is in it. It is arduous and it is rare.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “A youthful mind is seldom totally free from ambition; to curb that, is the first step to contentment, since to diminish expectation is to increase enjoyment.” – Frances Burney
- “If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be content to take their own and depart.” – Socrates
- “I think instead [of happiness] we should be working for contentment… an inner sense of fulfillment that’s relatively independent of external circumstances.” – Andrew Weil
- “You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man’s happiness really lies in contentment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Being Content Quotes In Relationship
Also, check our collection of simple life quotes and keep it simple quotes to inspire you to simplify life and eliminate unnecessary mess.
- “Contentment with our lot is an element of happiness.” – Aesop
- “If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Search for contentment in each person you meet.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Contentment lives only in the hearts of those who are grateful.” – Unknown
- “Fortify yourself with contentment, for this is an impregnable fortress.” – Epictetus
- “Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “Contentment, as it is a short road and pleasant, has great delight and little trouble.” – Epictetus
- “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.” – Todd Stocker
- “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Ultimately, contentment is more a shift in attitude than a change in circumstances.” – Linda Dillow
- “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” – Buddha
- “The rarest feeling that ever lights the human face is the contentment of a loving soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.” – John Stuart Mill
- “Contentment does not come from achievement. It comes from a relationship with the Lord.” – Paul Henderson
- “Contentment does not mean that I desire nothing But rather, it’s the simple decision to be happy with what I have.” – Paula Rollo
- “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” – William E. Gladstone
- “The seat of perfect contentment is in the head; for every individual is thoroughly satisfied with his own proportion of brains.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “My main job is to live with deep contentment, joy, and confidence in my everyday experience of life with God. Everything else is job number two.” – John Ortberg
Famous Content In Life Quotes
There are many quotes on being content that offer insights into how to achieve this state of being well-being and embracing true contentment.
Don’t forget to read our collection of thankful quotes and attitude of gratitude quotes to inspire you to appreciate your loved ones and life.
- “I am rich with contentment.” – Peter Baskerville
- “Contentment is the soil in which true joy grows.” – Socrates
- “The noblest mind the best contentment has.” – Edmund Spenser
- “Contentment is the realization of how much I already have.” – Dave Grant
- “Contentment is the continuing act of accepting the process of your own life.” – David Gerrold
- “Desire upon desire causes the greatest sorrow; contentment, the greatest happiness.” – Sanskrit
- “Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.” – Bilal Zahoor
- “It is necessary to the contentment of man that he be mentally faithful to himself.” – Thomas Paine
- “There is greatness in the fear of God, contentment in faith of God, and honor in humility.” – Abu Bakr
- “Content is wealth, the riches of the mind; / And happy he who can that treasure find.” – John Dryden
- “I don’t have everything I want but I have everything I need. That’s contentment.” – James MacDonald
- “Content is the true riches, for without it there is no satisfying.” — Martin Tupper
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
- “I am content; that is a blessing greater than riches; and he to whom that is given need ask no more.” – Henry Fielding
- “Contentment doesn’t come from doing what we like to do, but from liking what we must do.” – Wilfred Peterson
- “By taking the time to live life in the slow lane, we quickly experience a deeper, more profound experience of contentment.” – Michael Neill
- “Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
- “Contentment is just the realization that God has already provided for me today all that I need for my present peace and happiness.” – Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
- “Contentment with life is not a feeling, but it is a decision we must make. Contentment does not mean that we never want to see change or improvement, but it does mean we can be happy where we are and will do the best we can with what we have. It also means we will maintain an attitude that allows us to enjoy the gift of life.” – Joyce Meyer
Happiness Vs Contentment
Happiness and contentment are two concepts that are often used interchangeably, but they have distinct differences.
Happiness is a state of feeling positive emotions, such as joy, pleasure, and satisfaction, and it is often associated with external circumstances, such as achieving a goal or receiving recognition.
Contentment, on the other hand, is a state of being at peace with oneself and one’s circumstances, regardless of external factors.
While happiness can be a result of achieving a goal or acquiring material possessions, contentment is a state that is achieved by being present at the moment, accepting one’s circumstances, and appreciating what one has.
Happiness is often seen as something to be pursued and achieved, while contentment is a way of being that is cultivated through ongoing practice and mindset shifts.
Ultimately, both happiness and contentment are important aspects of a fulfilling life. While happiness can bring joy and excitement, contentment provides a sense of peace and stability that can sustain us through life’s ups and downs.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to motivate them.