Looking for inspirational quotes about modesty? We have rounded up the best collection of modesty quotes, sayings, captions, and status, (including images, and pictures) to embrace humility, gratitude, and genuinely appreciate both our strengths and the worth of others.
Modesty is an attribute that can be difficult to find in today’s world. With people giving so much importance to money, fame, and success, it can be very difficult to stay humble and modest.
Also Check: Best Kindness Quotes
Modesty is the quality of not being too proud or confident about yourself or your abilities. It is the genuine understanding of one’s strengths and weaknesses, without feeling superior or inferior to anyone.
A man with modesty does not talk about himself or boast of his achievements and merits. He respects himself and shows respect to others as well.
Similar to the value of politeness, lies modesty. It is one of the greatest qualities one can possess.
A modest individual listens to everyone with equal attention and tries to learn from others as well. A modest person does not command respect but he earns it.
Also Check: Being Grateful Quotes
Modesty is an important attribute that can help us achieve greater success in life. It encourages us to focus on our good qualities and treat others with kindness and compassion.
These insightful and thought-provoking modesty quotes will make you realize that modesty if practiced can get positive changes in our lives and relationships with others.
Top 10 Modesty Quotes
- “Modesty is the highest elegance.” — Coco Chanel
- “Everything that is exquisite hides itself.” — Joseph Roux
- “Be modest. It’s an admirable quality that not many possess.” — Unknown
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” — C.S. Lewis
- “Modesty is the quality that keeps us grounded while we reach for the stars.” — Unknown
- “He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.” — Confucius
- “Modesty is the gentle art of sharing your accomplishments without bragging.” — Unknown
- “You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are.” — Juan Manuel Fangio
- “Modesty is the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.” — Oliver Herford
- “Modesty is a shining light; it prepares the mind to receive knowledge, and the heart for truth.” — Madam Guizot
Quotes About Modesty
- “Modesty is the color of virtue.” — Diogenes
- “Modesty is the key to success.” — Paul The Apostle
- “Modesty is humility expressed in dress.” — C. J. Mahaney
- “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” — Thomas Merton
- “The awareness of our own strength makes us modest.” — Paul Cezanne
- “I believe that the first test of a truly great man is in his humility.” — John Ruskin
- “I come from a background where you don’t show off the good things you do. It’s modesty.” — Mesut Ozil
- “I always believe that greatness comes with kindness, humility brings compassion, and modesty brings balance.” — Rashmi Bhola
- “True modesty shines like a lamp afar Among the vices of this dusky world, And is the very pattern of true worth.” — Charles Waddie
- “Real modesty flows from the inside out, and in proportion to how much a person understands her own greatness and uniqueness.” — Wendy Shalit
- “Nothing is more amiable than true MODESTY, and nothing is more contemptible than the false: The one guards Virtue, the other betrays it.” — Joseph Addison
- “Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.” — William J. H. Boetcker
Quotes On Modesty
- “True beauty lies in modesty.” — Unknown
- “Modesty is the shield against arrogance.” — Unknown
- “False modesty can be worse than arrogance.” — David Mitchell
- “Modesty is the jewel that adorns a noble character.” — Unknown
- “Modesty is the power to stay grounded even in the face of success.” — Unknown
- “Modesty is not only an ornament but also a guard to virtue.” — Joseph Addison
- “Modesty isn’t how you hide your beauty, it’s how you handle it.” — The Full Time Girl
- “A person who is extremely modest can successfully cross big rivers.” — Chinese Proverb
- “Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!” — Coco Chanel
- “When virtue and modesty enlighten her charms, the lustre of a beautiful woman is brighter than the stars of heaven, and the influence of her power it is in vain to resist.” — Akhenaton
Being Modest Quotes
- “Modesty is the citadel of beauty.” — Democritus
- “Modesty is the conscience of the body.” — Honore de Balzac
- “Be modest in speech, but excel in action.” — Horace
- “Modesty is the virtue that shines through selflessness.” — Unknown
- “Some are made modest by great praise, others insolent.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The most beautiful ornament of a person is modesty.” — Prophet Muhammad
- “Genuine wisdom is usually conspicuous through modesty and silence.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Modesty is the way you deal with beauty, not the way you avoid it.” — Dr. Tariq Ramadan
- “My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.” — Emma Watson
- “True modesty does not consist in an ignorance of our merits, but in a due estimate of them.” — A.W. Hare
- “True modesty is an attitude of humility and gratitude that expresses itself through actions, not just words.” — Unknown
- “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes.” — 1 Timothy 2:9, NIV (Bible Verses)
More Inspirational Quotes
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.