Looking for quotes about being ungrateful? We have rounded up the best collection of ungrateful people quotes, sayings, captions, status messages (with images and pictures) for people who are not thankful enough.
Related: Attitude Of Gratitude Quotes
There are a lot of people who do not appreciate, praise, and acknowledge others for their good deeds done for them.
Ungrateful people are those who fail to appreciate the things that they have been given or the efforts of those around them.
They often take their blessings for granted, and may even feel entitled to more than they already have.
This type of behavior can be frustrating and hurtful, both to the people around them and to the ungrateful person themselves.
There can be nothing worse than doing things with all heart for a person who is not grateful enough.
Ungratefulness stems from greed, selfishness, and self-centeredness.
Also See: Selfish People Quotes
You feel sad and cheated and emotionally drained with such an unappreciative attitude. But this should not disappoint you. Learn to forgive others and keep doing your good Karma and be happy.
Ungrateful People Quotes
- “Never be ungrateful.” ― Lil Peep
- “There is no vice greater than that of ingratitude.”
- “Hell is full of the ungrateful.” ― Spanish Proverb
- “Ungrateful person and complainer will not be blessed.”
- “You’ll never see a happy ungrateful person.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “A grateful dog is better than an ungrateful man.” ― Saadi
- “Ingratitude is the essence of vileness.” ― Immanuel Kant
- “An ungrateful man is a tub full of holes.” ― Latin Proverb
- “You can be anything in this world, just don’t be ungrateful.”
- “Only ungrateful people complain about the smallest issues.”
Best Quotes On Ungratefulness
- “The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.” ― Aesop
- “The wicked are always ungrateful.” ― Miguel de Cervantes
- “Every greed is the root of ungratefulness.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The saddest of all hearts is one without gratitude.” ― Tom Krause
- “The problem people are are ungrateful and I cannot stop being nice.”
- “Ingratitude to man is ingratitude to God.” ― Samuel ibn Naghrela
- “People don’t remember the million times you’ve helped them, only the one time you don’t.”
- “Ungratefulness is the very poison of manhood.” ― Sir Philip Sidney
- “Why are you doing the most for people who are doing the least for you?”
- “Learn to give your absence to those who don’t appreciate your presence.”
- “Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for.” ― Ana Monnar
- “A man may be ungrateful, but the human race is not so.” ― John Milton
- “Most people forget everything except being ungrateful.” ― Arab Proverb
- “If you don’t start appreciating what’s right in front of you, you might lose it.”
- “Men may be ungrateful, but the human race is not so.” ― Jean De Boufflers
Disappointed Quotes For Ungrateful Person
- “One ungrateful person does an injury to all needy people.” ― Publilius Syrus
- “What you do for an ungrateful man is thrown away.” ― Seneca The Younger
- “A complaining tongue reveals an ungrateful heart.” ― William Arthur Ward
- “Sometimes, people don’t notice the things we do for them, until we stop doing it.”
- “To do good to the ungrateful is to throw rose-water into the sea.” ― Latin Proverb
- “How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child.” ― Shakespeare
- “It is impossible to lose everything and still be alive.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “I believe the best definition of man is the ungrateful biped.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “In every class of society, gratitude is the rarest of all human virtues.” ― Wilkie Collins
- “Never help an ungrateful person get on the feet. It’s like telling a wolf that you’re a sheep.”
Ungrateful Quotes & Sayings
- “Ungrateful people can push you to your limits/ But when you react, you are the mean one!”
- “Earth produces nothing worse than an ungrateful man.” ― Decimius Magnus Ausonius
- “I hate ungrateful people. You can try your best to make someone happy and it still ain’t enough.”
- “Oh, my bad. I am sorry for bothering you. I forgot I only exist when you need me for something.”
- “If you heal the leg of a person, do not be surprise if they use it to run away.” ― African Proverb
- “Ingratitude is always a kind of weakness. I have never seen clever men be ungrateful.” ― Goethe
- “If we do not feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we’d be happy with more.”
- “I have too many flaws to be perfect. But I have too many blessings to be ungrateful.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “He that calls a man ungrateful sums up all the veil that a man can be guilty of.” ― Jonathan Swift
- “The worst person to be around is someone who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.”
- “If you cannot be grateful for what you have received, then be thankful for what you have been spared.”
- “Have you ever gone out of your way to help someone and then find out how ungrateful they really are.”
- “There is no greater difference between men than between grateful and ungrateful people.” ― R.H. Blyth
- “Gratitude tends to attract the things for which we are grateful in advance.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “The man who is ungrateful is often less to blame than his benefactor.” ― Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- “He that’s ungrateful has no guilt but one; All other crimes may pass for virtues in him.” ― Edward Young
- “Do not be angry with an ungrateful person; probably they are confused or inexperienced.” ― Chico Xavier
- “Does not the gratitude of the dog put to shame any man who is ungrateful to his benefactors?” ― Saint Basil
- “Making the ungrateful grateful will bring tears to your eyes, tears of blood bleeding from the heart.” ― Ana Monnar
- “We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Unhappiness is a contagious disease caused by a chronic deficiency of gratitude.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “You cannot, at the very same time, be grateful and unhappy, or ungrateful and happy.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “He that forgets his friend is ungrateful to him; but he that forgets his Saviour is unmerciful to himself.” ― John Bunyan
- “We seldom find people ungrateful as long as we are in a condition to render them services.” ― Rochefoucauld
- “Ingratitude is monstrous; and for the multitude to be ungrateful, were to make a monster of the multitude.” ― Shakespeare
- “When we become negative and ungrateful, it is important to remember… We have met the enemy; and he is us.” ― Walt Kelly
- “Let a man be never so ungrateful or inhuman, he shall never destroy the satisfaction of my having done a good office.” ― Seneca
- “If you help the same person too many times. They’ll start believing that you are obliged to help them and become ungrateful.”
- “The children of the revolution are always ungrateful, and the revolution must be grateful that it is so.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin
- “I’ve been very blessed in my personal life and in my career and I have never been ungrateful for what I have.” ― Mandy Patinkin
- “You will end up really disappointed if you think people will do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.”
- “People are so ungrateful and inconsiderate. It just irritates me cause I don’t mind doing favors but I hate being taken for granted.”
- “Ingratitude is always a kind of weakness. I have never known men of ability to be ungrateful.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The belly is an ungrateful wretch, it never remembers past favors, it always wants more tomorrow.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “An ungrateful man is like a hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from.” ― Timothy Dexter
- “Sometimes the situation is only a problem because it is looked at in a certain subjective, negative, ungrateful way.” ― Edward de Bono
- “Ingratitude! thou marble-hearted friend, more hideous when thou showest thee in a child, than the sea monster.” ― Shakespeare
- “Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your kindness and who’s just taking advantage.”
- “It is no tragedy to do ungrateful people favors, but it is unbearable to be indebted to a scoundrel.” ― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment.” ― David A. Bednar
- “Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them.”
- “Lord, grant me the serenity to accept selfish ungrateful people who they are, and the courage to maintain self-control, and the wisdom not to let it happen again.”
- “There neither is, or ever was, any person remarkably ungrateful, who was not also insufferably proud; nor any one proud, who was not equally ungrateful.” ― South
- “It is another’s fault if he be ungrateful, but it is mine if I do not give. To find one thankful man, I will oblige a great many that are not so.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.” ― Khalil Gibran
- “If you’ve got a billion dollars and you’re ungrateful, you’re a poor man. If you have very little but you’re grateful for what you have, you’re truly rich.” ― Tony Robbins
- “Don’t hang out with people who are: Ungrateful, Unhelpful, Unruly, Unkindly, Unloving, Unambitious, Unmotivated, or make you feel… Uncomfortable.” ― Germany Kent
- “God doesn’t create imitations, so He designed you naturally. It’s ungratefulness to dream of putting on unnatural self. You have no right to fake God’s design!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “They could never make me hate you. Even though what you was doing wasn’t tasteful.. Even though you out here looking so ungrateful.. I’m a keep it moving, be classy and graceful.” ― Nicki Minaj
- “Ungrateful people breed negativity. No one gets any pleasure from giving to an ungrateful person. When you show appreciation, the object of your attention blossoms and flourishes.” ― Paul McCabe
- “It’s normal for us to become unhappy for a while due to how circumstances in life treat us, but it is ungodly for us to be ungrateful for these circumstances that make us unhappy!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “When you meet an ungrateful person, be great. The moment you become great, you will become fulfilled. There is no other secret. Nothing else will give you fulfillment.” ― Harbhajan Singh Yogi
- “Protect your peace. Remove yourself from the space of ungrateful people. Sometimes people don’t learn to respect you until you’re no longer around for them to disrespect you.” ― Tony A. Gaskins, Jr.
- “We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.” ― Mother Teresa
- “Thanks to all the thankless and ungrateful people in my life, you made me realize wasting my words on you is just a futile move and made me discern I was foolish to let you take me for granted.” ― Neha Fazal
- “Someone who pretends not to have received it is ungrateful. Someone who fails to repay it is ungrateful. But the most ungrateful of all is the person who forgets that he received it.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “I’m going to be meeting with people today who talk too much – people who are selfish, egotistical, ungrateful. But I won’t be surprised or disturbed, for I can’t imagine a world without such people.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Ungrateful are they who wish their life away. Ungrateful are they who turn their backs on others. Ungrateful are they who waste and horde. Ungrateful are they who take advantage of the weak.” ― Karalayne Maglinte
- “All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it’s truer to say that complaining leads to people becoming unhappy.” ― Dennis Prager
- “Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them. Don’t invest your time into people who think it’s your obligation to cure their ills.”
- LUKE 6:35 – In the BibleVerse Meaning 35 – But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.- Bible Verse
- “Why should I cumber myself with regrets that the receiver is not capacious? It never troubles the sun that some of his rays fall wide and vain into ungrateful space, and only a small part on the reflecting planet. Let your greatness educate the crude and cold companion.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Even though many people prove to be ungrateful, do not let that stop you from benefiting others-for not only is beneficence in itself a noble and almost divine quality, it may also happen that while you practice it, you will encounter someone so grateful that he will make up for all the others’ ingratitude.” ― Francesco Guicciardini
- “But that is how men are! Ungrateful and never satisfied. When you don’t have them they hate you because you won’t; and when you do have them they hate you again, for some other reason. Or for no reason at all, except that they are discontented children, and can’t be satisfied whatever they get, let a woman do what she may.” ― D. H. Lawrence
- “Gratitude is the key to happiness. When gratitude is practiced regularly and from the heart, it leads to a richer, fuller and more complete life… It is impossible to bring more abundance into your life if you are feeling ungrateful about what you already have. Why? Because the thoughts and feelings you emit as you feel ungrateful are negative emotions and they will attract more of those feelings and events into your life.” ― Vishen Lakhiani
More Inspirational Quotes
Ungrateful people come in many forms, from the entitled child who takes their parents for granted to the colleague who fails to recognize the efforts of their coworkers.
This type of behavior can have a negative impact on relationships, and can even lead to feelings of resentment and anger.
Do you have any favorite ungrateful quotes? Lack of gratitude is the most unpleasant trait any person can have.
To deal with ungrateful people, many people turn to ungrateful people quotes for inspiration and guidance.
These quotes about ungrateful people can offer insight into the mindset of ungrateful people, and provide strategies for dealing with them in a positive and constructive way.
Whether you are struggling to deal with an ungrateful family member, friend, or coworker, these quotes can help you to maintain your own sense of perspective and gratitude, while also encouraging the ungrateful person to see the value in the things and people around them.
With the help of these quotes, you can turn an ungrateful situation into an opportunity for growth and positivity.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you think you can relate to these quotations and wallpapers, feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.