Starting your own business venture? Get inspired to pursue your dreams and start your own business with these motivational entrepreneur quotes and sayings.
Not everyone wants to work in a 9-5 job, some people are passionate and feel a strong pull towards entrepreneurship to create something of their own.
The idea of being your own boss and having control over work is very motivating.
Some of the most famous entrepreneur quotes are by business leaders like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, and Mark Zuckerberg.
These individuals have got massive success in their respective businesses and their words of wisdom give valuable insight to budding entrepreneurs.
The below mentioned-quotes emphasize the importance of hard work, taking risks, learning from mistakes, and creativity.
Pursuing your dreams and doing business can seem challenging in the beginning, but with persistence, effort, and determination the rewards will surely be worth it all.
Top 10 Entrepreneur Quotes To Think Big
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page
- “You have to believe it before you see it.” – Jeremiah Say
- “Remain self-funded as long as possible.” – Garrett Camp
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Speak less than you know; have more than you show.” – William Shakespeare
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “A real entrepreneur is somebody who has no safety net underneath them.” – Henry Kravis
- “The difference between a boss and a leader: a boss says ‘Go!’ – a leader says, ‘Let’s go!’” – E.M Kelly
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.” – Steve Jobs
Best Entrepreneur Quotes To Inspire You
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” ― John C. Maxwell
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
- “Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose!” – The Backroads Bosslady
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston
- “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
- “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” ― Justin Cook
- “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
- “Everyone can tell you the risk. An entrepreneur can see the reward.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who never gave up.” – Unknown
- “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” – Vince Lombardi
- “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” – Jason Cohen
- “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” – Noah Everett
- “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.” – Roy Ash
- “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” – Anthony Volodkin
- “If you’re starting something on your own, you better have a passion for it, because this is hard work.” – Sallie Krawcheck
- “Your reputation is more important than your paycheck, and your integrity is worth more than your career.” – Ryan Freitas
- “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Motivational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
With the advent of new-age technology and the rise of online shopping and Instagram influencers, the whole model of business has changed.
About 60% of teenagers are more interested in someday starting their own business instead of working a traditional job, according to a March 1 survey from Junior Achievement USA.
- “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Confucius
- “How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.” – Yvon Chouinard
- “Choose a job that you like, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “If we are going to be part of the solution, we have to engage the problems.” – Majora Carter
- “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” – Seth Godin
- “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James
- “As a founder, lay all the possible scenarios – from best to worst – in front of you, so you don’t get surprised when something happens.” – Brian Wong
- “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – Madam C.J. Walker
- “Whatever you do, be different—that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.” – Anita Roddick
Famous Entrepreneurship Quotes
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “As an entrepreneur, you work out solutions.” – Les Wexner
- “The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Don’t let others convince you that the idea is good when your gut tells you it’s bad.” – Kevin Rose
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
- “You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.” – Jessica Herrin
- “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” – Peter Drucker
- “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Virginia Rometty
- “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.” – Warren Buffett
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the very purpose of life, and not something you do in your spare time.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so you can spend the rest of your life like most people cant.” – Warren G. Tracy’s Student
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.” – Richard Branson
Entrepreneurial Quotes For Business Mindset
An example of an entrepreneur solving a widespread problem with their startup idea, Uber was created by StumbleUpon founders Garrett Camp and Travis Kalanick to address San Francisco’s taxi problem.
Similarly, Facebook was originally developed as a platform for college students to connect, It rapidly grew to become the most popular social media platform for users of all ages and walks of life.
Read these uplifting entrepreneurship quotes and get inspired to pursue your dreams.
You can hang these sayings on your workplace wall, use them as DP’s, wallpaper, and more to remind you every day to stay committed to your goals
- “Remember why you started.” – Unknown
- “Direction is more important than speed.” – Unknown
- “Knowledge without action is meaningless.” – Abu Bakr
- “Life’s too short to learn from your own mistakes. So learn from others.” – Unknown
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working for someone that does.” – Unknown
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Collin Powell
- “Some men see things as they are and say why – I dream things that never were and say why not.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “In carrying out e-commerce, the most important thing is to keep doing what you are doing right now with passion, to keep it up.” – Jack Ma
- “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.” – Richard Branson
- “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had – everyday I’m learning something new.” – Richard Branson
- “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
Inspirational Quotes for Entrepreneurs
Though some people may think that traditional jobs provide security and stability, while others may feel unfulfilled and crave more creative freedom and independence.
These words of encouragement are amazing for aspiring entrepreneurs to navigate their way through all the challenges and make the most of the opportunities in their way.
- “Every noble work is at first impossible.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Success is not what you have, but who you are.” – Bo Bennet
- “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.” – Corneille
- “Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
- “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” – Chris Dixon
- “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” – Mae Jemison
- “I will win. Maybe not immediately but absolutely and definitely.” – Unknown
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.” – Naval Ravikant
- “You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
- “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Cosby
- “Great companies start because the founders want to change the world, not make a fast buck.” – Guy Kawasaki
- “We are really competing against ourselves, we have no control over how other people perform.” – Pete Cashmore
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
- “Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.” – Mark Cuban
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
- “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
Let us know which of the above powerful quotes entrepreneurs resonate the most with. If you have a quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.