Thomas Alva Edison popularly known for the invention of the electric light bulb, is an iconic figure in the world of invention. Here are the best Thomas Edison quotes about success, hard work, innovation, and entrepreneurship that will remind you that failures are a part of your road to success.
His groundbreaking inventions including the phonograph, motion picture camera, gramophone, and the practical electric light bulb had a tremendous influence on modern life.
Having more than 1,000 US patents in his name, he is considered one of America’s greatest inventors.
Edison is known to be a man who has never allowed failure to come in the way of his success. A true genius who believed that perseverance, hard work, and the will to pursue your passion cannot stop you from achieving what you want.
These thought-provoking and inspirational Thomas Edison quotes will fuel your creativity and progress.
Top 10 Thomas Edison Quotes
- “What you are will show in what you do.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Vision without execution is hallucination.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “There is a better way for everything. Find it.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Fools call wise men fools. A wise man never calls any man a fool.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas A. Edison
Thomas A. Edison’s Quotes On Failure
- “There’s a way to do it better – find it.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Discontent is the first necessity of progress.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Each time you fail, you have eliminated another wrong option.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “It’s obvious that we don’t know one-millionth of one per cent about anything.” — Thomas Edison
- “The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I never view mistakes as failures. They are simply opportunities to find out what doesn’t work.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start a new.” — Thomas A. Edison
Famous Quotes By Thomas Edison
- “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “What a man’s mind can create, man’s character should control.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I don’t live with the past; I am living for to-day and to-morrow.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “You can’t realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” — Thomas Edison
- “Not everything of value in life comes from books- experience the world.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The world owes nothing to any man, but every man owes something to the world.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I readily absorb ideas from every source, frequently starting where the last person left off.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Hard work, nothing to divert my thought, clear air and simple food made my life very pleasant.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.” — Thomas A. Edison
Quotes By Thomas Edison On Success
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The secret of success is focus of purpose.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Success is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration!” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “A genius is a talented person who does his homework.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Accomplishing something provides the only real satisfaction in life.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.” — Thomas A. Edison
Greatest Quotes By Edison
- “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” — Thomas Edison
- “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.” — Thomas Edison
- “We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.” — Thomas Edison
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
- “My success is due more to my ability to work continuously on one thing without stopping than to any other single quality.” — Thomas Edison
- “Failure is the most effective technique to optimize strategic planning, implementation and processes.” — Thomas Edison
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
- “I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.” — Thomas Edison
- “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” — Edison
- “Waste is worse than loss. The time is coming when every person who lays claim to ability will keep the question of waste before him constantly. The scope of thrift is limitless.” — Edison
Best Thomas A. Edison Quotes
- “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “There is far more opportunity than there is ability.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.” —Thomas A. Edison
- “Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists – proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.” — Thomas A. Edison
Thomas Edison Facts
Born on February 11, 1847, in Milan, Ohio, Edison is the man behind many cool things you might use every day.
His important contributions in fields like electrical power generation, motion pictures, sound recording, and telecommunications had a widespread impact on modern technology. He also played a key role in establishing General Electric (GE).
From starting his career as a telegraph operator to becoming one of the greatest inventors of all time, Tomas Edison paved his way to greatness through his intelligence, hard work, and positive outlook.
In 1876, he established his first laboratory facility in Menlo Park, New Jersey, where many of his early inventions were developed.
Moreover, there are a lot of lessons you can learn from his life. Hopefully, you get inspired and motivated by the wise words from the “Wizard of Menlo Park”.
Edison died in 1931, at the age of 84 due to complications from diabetes.
What are your favorite Thomas Edison sayings listed above? If there is a quote that we’ve missed then let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.
So, feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes.