140 Words Of Encouragement For A Friend To Support Them
Looking for encouraging messages to uplift your friend’s mood? We have rounded up the best collection of words of encouragement for a friend, encouraging quotes, and sayings for best friends (with images and pictures) to motivate a friend who is feeling down and lost.
We all go through tough times in life with some being more difficult than others. From breakups to losing the dear ones we love, shattered dreams and more of these events can often cause your life to come to a halt. We can become stuck and feel like we can’t move forward.
Also See: Uplifting Quotes
If your friend or best friend is going through a tough phase in life then some words of motivation can surely uplift your buddy and give him a little boost and support him through hard times.
Also See: Encouraging Words For Men
Your friend may be low or sad due to constant sickness, depressed due to heartbreak, or may be grieving the loss of his/her dear ones.
There may be a lot of reasons why your friend has lost confidence and needs emotional support.
Words of encouragement and encouraging sayings not only help in self-motivation but also inspire others to give not to give up.
Also See: I Got Your Back Quotes
It gives them hope and strength in hard times that things will be fine again and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
When you show your support and express your faith in your friends in tough times, it greatly helps them to bounce back from their sad state.
Best Words Of Encouragement For A Friend In Need
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.” – Lewis Cass
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” –Maya Angelou
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “You are bold and courageous. You are important. No one can tell you otherwise.” – Unknown
- “Don’t get discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens up the lock.” – John Wooden
- “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Whatever you do and whatever you choose, I will always be proud of you. Don’t put yourself down.” – Unknown
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.’” – Susan Gale
- “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You might not believe in yourself, but know and remember that I believe in you. I always have and I always will.” – Unknown
- “Do you know how valuable you are? You are a gift not just to me and the people around you, but to the whole world.” – Unknown
- “If you fall, I’ll pick you up. If I can’t pick you up, then I’ll just lie down and rest with you. Let’s get back to the top together.” – Unknown
- “I won’t ask you to act now if you don’t feel like it. I’ll stay by your side and wait until you are ready and choose to fight again.” – Unknown
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “Cheer up, my friend. God gave you those problems because He knows you are strong enough to handle and overcome them.” – Unknown
- “Do you know where I get my strength? From you. Your dedication is what encourages me to be the best version of myself.” – Unknown
- “I realize that I am indeed a very lucky person. I’ve been blessed with the most wonderful people in my life, and that includes you.” – Unknown
- “Your mistakes and failures don’t define who you are. Believe you can, and you’ll eventually get there. I’ll be there to hold you up.” – Unknown
- “Here’s what you need to remember: You are enough and you are wonderful, even on those days you feel broken and shattered.” – Unknown
- “You are the writer of your story, and you decide your own destiny. No matter what happens, I believe you will always have the power to endure.” – Unknown
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Encouraging Words For A Friend
Some meaningful words can uplift their mood and spirits and can change their day for good.
Below are some words of encouragement, inspiring quotes, and positive affirmations for your best friend to reinstill his lost confidence.
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
- “You have more strength than you could ever possibly know.” – Unknown
- “Remember, where you are now is not where you’ll be forever.” – Unknown
- “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” – Richard Bach
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
- “Let me know if you can’t see the light anymore. I will buy a whole bunch of bulbs for you.” – Unknown
- “Words can’t describe how proud of you I am. I am happiest whenever someone praises you, my friend.” – Unknown
- “The best is yet to come, so sit up straight and stop the tears. Whatever is happening right now is not the end.” – Unknown
- “My friend, there are so many beautiful reasons to fight for life and happiness. Keep going. Let’s fight together.” – Unknown
- “Think of this as just another lesson that you need to learn. Life is tough, but so are you. You can’t let it defeat you.” – Unknown
- “You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality in the mind next to honour.” – Aristotle
- “Don’t doubt your accomplishments. You succeeded because you worked hard for it. You are here because you deserve to be.” – Unknown
- “Don’t thinking that there’s nothing to live for. Our friends, your family, and you—your existence alone—are all worth living for.” – Unknown
- “I always knew that you could do anything. After all, you are smart and ambitious. Cheer up, buddy! Nothing can stop us now.” – Unknown
- “We’ve been friends for a long time, and I know that no one can stop you from winning. So don’t back down. I’ve got your back.” – Unknown
- “It’s okay to feel down today, and perhaps even tomorrow. But always remember that you are a champion. You are amazing—never forget that.” – Unknown
- “Good things come to those who wait. This is just a chapter in your life and not the whole story. Hang on a little—I’ll be with you through everything.” – Unknown
- “Let go of what is hurting you. Don’t hang on to something that just keeps on dragging you down. You have me, your other friends, and your family. Hold on to us.” – Unknown
- “Don’t lose faith. It can be really hard to keep going at times, especially when you don’t have enough motivation. But despite that, we should still keep our heads up.” – Unknown
- “We all experience bad days; we all have to deal with our inner demons. When you feel like there’s nothing you can do about it, know that you can always depend on me for support.” – Unknown
Encouraging Quotes For Friends Feeling Down
When everything in life seems to go against you, the support of some friends can be a life-changer.
Some encouragement messages or texts early morning to a friend who is going through a hard time can be a great reminder that everything will be okay.
Also See: Never Give Up Quotes
True friends always support and stand like a pillar with their friends when they need it the most. They always have their friend’s back and give strength, hope, and comfort to their besties when they need it the most.
- “Don’t let the muggles get you down.” – J.K. Rowling
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “Take a deep breath. It’s a bad day, not a bad life.” – Unknown
- “When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Now and always, I’m your biggest fan! Stay positive.” – Unknown
- “Know that anything is possible. Live your dream life!” – Unknown
- “Remember, greatness never comes from comfort zones.” – Unknown
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring!” – Unknown
- “Your potential is near limitless. It’s time to do something with it.” – Unknown
- “Everybody fails. Not everybody keeps on trying. Be the anomaly!” – Unknown
- “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
- “Stick your chin up, chest out, and shoulders back. You can do this.” – Unknown
- “Don’t quit. Don’t quit. Don’t QUIT! Think of how far you’ve come.” – Unknown
- “Every day may not be good…but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Earle
- “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “Hold firm. Hold fast. Be unmovable. All of your efforts will not be in vain.” – Unknown
- “Whatever you need, you know where to find it. I’ll always be there to support you.” – Unknown
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
- “Remember, what seems bad doesn’t have to stay that way. You can reframe everything negative into a positive!” – Unknown
Strength Words of Comfort For A Friend
Having a supportive friend can make all the difference during challenging times.
When a friend is going through a difficult period, it’s important to offer words of encouragement to help them stay positive and motivated.
Here are some words of encouragement for a friend that can uplift a friend and help them overcome their challenges.
- “I am so very proud to call you my friend.” – Unknown
- “I’ll be there with you every step of the way.” – Unknown
- “Draw strength from the fact things always get better.” – Unknown
- “I know it has been tough, but I’m still cheering for you.” – Unknown
- “I hope you find a way to love yourself as much as we do.” – Unknown
- “In good times and bad, you can count on me for support.” – Unknown
- “No one is perfect. That’s why pencils have erasers!” – Wolfgang Riebe
- “It’s okay. You’re okay. We’re here for you now and always.” – Unknown
- “You can be anything you want to be, start thinking positively, and aim the goal.” – Anonymous
- “I respect and admire your strength, wisdom, and grace. Never stop being yourself.” – Unknown
- “Refuse failure. No matter how difficult the obstacles, find a way to around them.” – JJ Goldwag
- “When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.” – Anonymous
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Just because something isn’t happening for you right now, it doesn’t mean it never will.” – Anonymous
- “Remember, the world is your home and the sky is the limit. With good approach, nothing is impossible.” – Unknown
- “Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.” –Anonymous
- “You are such an amazing person; no one in the world is like you. continue doing the good word and May God bless you abundantly.” – Anonymous
- “There is no better time than to start today. If you have an idea, put it into practice today. A step at a time takes you closer to your dream.” – Anonymous
- “Everything has its price. And you’ll never know true happiness if you give up without even making an effort. Keep going and you’ll see that it wasn’t all for nothing.” – Unknown
Words Of Encouragement For A Friend Who Lost His Mother
Comforting a friend who is grieving the loss of his/her mother, father, or dear ones is very important to help them sail through the tough times.
Also See: Pick Yourself Up Quotes
Being there for a friend and giving moral support can inspire them to believe in themself and see the bright side in life.
- “I hope you know that I am here for you during this hard time.” – Unknown
- “A mother is with us always, first in her lifetime, then forever in our memory.” – Unknown
- “Your mother’s kindness was contagious and her memory will live on forever.” – Unknown
- “Please know that I’m here for you, to listen, comfort and lean on during this difficult time.” – Unknown
- “There is no one in this world like your mother. She was a special woman and she will be with you always.” – Unknown
- “I will miss your beautiful mother along with you. I am wishing you peace and comfort during this difficult time.” – Unknown
- “Hard times hit us all, but we survive by being strong. I don’t worry about you—you’re a strong and amazing person.” – Unknown
- “Losing someone so special can feel incredibly overwhelming. I am sending love to you and your family during this trying time.” – Unknown
- “Once the funeral is over and the prayers have all been said, know that we are still keeping you in our hearts as you mourn your loss.” – Unknown
- “My deepest condolences to you and your family during this time. Your mother was an amazing woman and she will truly be missed.” – Unknown
- “I always admired your mother’s caring and selfless nature. She was a true friend and someone who was always a pleasure to have around.” – Unknown
- “I was so sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. I hope you can take comfort in the presence of close friends and family in this tough time.” – Unknown
- “I will always remember the special times your mother and I spent together. She was one of my closest and dearest friends. She will be missed.” – Unknown
- “My deepest condolences on the unexpected passing of your mother. You and your family are in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything that I can do.” – Unknown
- “My prayers and thoughts are with you during your time of loss. May God’s mercy give you comfort knowing that your mother’s long-suffering has ended, and she is at peace.” – Unknown
Words Of Encouragement For A Friend With Cancer
Another message of encouragement is to remind your friend that they are not alone. Let them know that you are there for them and that you care about them.
You might say, “I’m here for you, no matter what. You don’t have to go through this alone.”
Overall, the most important thing is to be there for your friend and offer your support and encouragement in any way you can.
Let them know that you believe in them and that you will be by their side every step of the way.
- “Cancer didn’t know what it was in for when it decided to hassle you!” – Unknown
- “Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live.” – Marcia Smith
- “You are one of the strongest people I know. Cancer doesn’t stand a chance against you.” – Unknown
- “You and I have been through so much together. Nothing will change that, not even cancer.” – Unknown
- “I’m here for you, my friend. Whatever you need, know that I’m going to be right here for you.” – Unknown
- “Whatever support you need, I am here for you. Whatever I can do, whatever you need, all you need to do is ask.” – Unknown
- “Can I come with you to some of your medical appointments? I’d like to drive you if you’ll let me. Would that be helpful?” – Unknown
- “Bravery and courage are two of your greatest assets. I have no doubt that you will beat cancer and come out stronger on the other side.” – Unknown
- “I’ve known you my whole life. Any time you’ve set out to accomplish something, you’ve done it. Beating cancer is your focus now, and I know you can do it.” – Unknown
- “Do you want to look up holistic doctors or specialists? I’ll roll up my sleeves and help you do the research any time you want. We’ll find the best of the best.” – Unknown
- “Let’s plan a trip. A weekend getaway to anywhere in the world. We’ll plan it right in the midst of all this to show cancer you’re still the boss of your own life.” – Unknown
- “After all that you’ve survived, do you really think some cancer cells are going to get the best of you? No way. Don’t you ever lose hope in your ability to overcome.” – Unknown
- “Lean on me; that’s what friends are for. Whether you need a shoulder to cry on, a rock to support you or someone to listen to you yell, I am here. Always and a day.” – Unknown
- “Give me a chore list. Tell me what your ordinary weekly tasks are and walk me through the basics. Then don’t think about them again. I’ve got them so that you can get well.” – Unknown
- “I’ll help you sort through all your medications and appointments. I’ll micromanage and over-organize everything for you so that keeping up with the schedule will be a breeze.” – Unknown
Words Of Encouragement For A Friend In Depression
If your friend or bestie is dealing with depression, then reach out to them and be with them. Words are powerful and some encouraging words may help your friend believe in themself.
Related: Believe In Yourself Quotes
Positive words of encouragement can help you uplift and boost your friend’s mood. Appreciating them and showing them your support is important for your buddy to bounce back from the obstacles in life.
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” – George Patton
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” – Katherine Hepburn
- “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.” – Jacques Prevert
- “Did you know that you are like magic? Good things come whenever you’re around.” – Unknown
- “Rest if you must; we’re not in a hurry. You can’t always function the way people expect you to.” – Unknown
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert Tew
- “My friend, always remember that you are important and worthy of everything good in this world.” – Unknown
- “Who cares about the storm? Don’t worry. I can’t make it stop, but I can always hold your umbrella.” – Unknown
- “Whatever you do, remember that you are not alone. No matter what happens, I’ve always got your back.” – Unknown
- “It’s tough now, but I believe that there is a brighter future waiting for us. You’ll get through this. Trust me.” – Unknown
- “It may seem that things are hopeless right now, but I know that there’s so much more in store for your future.” – Unknown
- “You’ve always been a fighter, so I know that you’ll get through this. Don’t lose that strength; don’t let go of that bravery.” – Unknown
Brief Words of Encouragement for a Friend
- “Never change.” – Unknown
- “You are enough.” – Unknown
- “I appreciate you.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being you.” – Unknown
- “You’ve got this. I believe in you.” – Unknown
- “You deserve to celebrate yourself.” – Unknown
- “Bad decisions make good stories.” – Ellis Vidler
- “There’s greatness in your future, I know it.” – Unknown
- “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” – Henry Thoreau
Don’t forget to also check out these never give up quotes to motivate you during adverse times when you feel defeated in life.
Also, check our collection of powerful setback quotes to give you the adrenaline rush you need to work again on your dreams.
Encourage your family and friends to keep on going through life’s challenges by sharing these inspiring quotes for hard times on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, and Twitter to motivate others and sail through the testing times.