90 Lizzo Quotes About Self-Love To Empower You
Looking for inspirational quotes by popular singer Lizzo? We have rounded up the best collection of Lizzo quotes, sayings, lyrics from songs, captions for Instagram, and status messages, (with images and pictures) to inspire you.
These empowering quotes about self-love, body positivity, and self-care will empower you and will encourage you to love yourself more.
Melissa Viviane Jefferson professionally as Lizzo, is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and flutist. She is a dynamic performer known for her inspirational chart-topping tracks and is a symbol of inspiration and confidence for her fearless way to deal with life.
Lizzo started her career in hip-hop music with the release of two studio albums – Lizzobangers (2013) and Big Grrrl Small World (2015).
She attained mainstream success and rose to fame with the release of her third studio album, Cuz I Love You (2019), which achieved the number four position on the US Billboard 200. The album included the singles “Juice” and “Tempo”.
Also Check: Nipsey Hussle Quotes
Lizzo has gained a significant name for herself in the music industry for her mesmerizing work. She is bold enough to talk about topics like emotional well-being, self-acceptance, and self-perception.
Lizzo is now encouraging and inspiring her fans around the world to accept themselves for who they are.
These positive quotes from Lizzo will give you the extra needed motivation to be fearless, bold, and most importantly be yourself and love yourself.
Lizzo Quotes About Self-Love
- “I am my inspiration.” – Lizzo, Song: “Water Me”
“Thick thighs save lives.” – Lizzo, Song: “Tempo”
“Be the partner to yourself that you want.” – Lizzo
“Take a deep breath, time to focus on you.” – Lizzo
“I’m just as thick as my skin is.” – Lizzo, Song: “Let ‘Em Say”
“I’m like chardonnay, get better over time.” – Lizzo, Song: “Juice”
“I know I’m a queen but I don’t need no crown.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
“Never ever let somebody stop you or shame you from being yourself.” – Lizzo
“I finally realised that owning up to your vulnerabilities is a form of strength.” – Lizzo
“No, I’m not a snack at all. Look, baby, I’m the whole damn meal.” – Lizzo, Song: “Juice”
“If I’m shinin’, everybody gonna shine. I was born like this, don’t even gotta try.” – Lizzo, Song: “Juice”
“I don’t think that loving yourself is a choice. I think that it’s a decision that has to be made for survival. “ – Lizzo
“I work on myself daily to be a better person. When I react in a negative way to somebody, I sit back and think about why I did it, so I’m always working on myself, and my music is the same.” – Lizzo
“I’m doing this for myself. I love creating shapes with my body, and I love normalizing the dimples in my butt or the lumps in my thighs or my back fat or my stretch marks. I love normalizing my black-ass elbows. I think it’s beautiful.” – Lizzo
“Self-care is in the little moments — bathing, sweating, washing your hair.. it’s in laughing so hard you can barely catch a breath, your lungs expanding on a morning jog… now more than ever we need to enjoy the quiet within ourselves.” – Lizzo
Best Lizzo Quotes On Body Positivity
Lizzo topped the charts in 2019 with her 2017 single “Truth Hurts”. It peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 List and became the longest-leading solo song by a female rapper.
She has received eight nominations at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards, including nominations for each of the “Big Four” categories, the most for any artist that year.
Eventually winning the awards for Best Pop Solo Performance for “Truth Hurts”, Best Urban Contemporary Album, and Best Traditional R&B Performance for the song “Jerome”.
- “I know how to love me.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
“Look up in the mirror like, ‘Damn she the one.’” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
“You deserve to feel good as hell. We all deserve to feel good as hell.” – Lizzo
“Love Yourself. Eat like you love yourself. Drink water like you love yourself.” – Lizzo
“He better know my worth. There’s so much that I deserve.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good as Hell”
“Made a decision to enjoy life. No more uncontrollable anxiety. No more fruitless competition.” – Lizzo
“I’ve never been ‘sample size.’ I’ll never be ‘sample size’ … And I ain’t ‘plus-sized’ I’m MY SIZE.” – Lizzo
“I do my hair toss, check my nails, baby how you feeling? Feeling good as hell.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good as Hell”
“Mirror, mirror on the wall, tell me what you see / It’s that, oh my God, it’s lookin’ heavenly” – Lizzo, Song: “Scuse Me”
“You know what I want, above all things? I want people who are aware of my music right now, to believe in change.” – Lizzo
“Everyone looks to an artist for something more than just the music, and that message of being comfortable in my own skin is number one for me.” – Lizzo
“I’m really proud of you – because life comes at you fast, and sometimes it can be so hard, but if I can make it, I know you can make it. We can make it together.” – Lizzo
“It’s like, you’re not gonna wake up and be bigger or smaller or lighter or darker; your hair’s not gonna suddenly grow down past your knees. You’re going to look this way for the rest of your life. And you have to be OK with that.” – Lizzo
“Dress for your body type. Some people are blessed enough to be able to throw on something that Beyonce wears and it looks amazing. If I try to go against the grain and wear something that my body doesn’t like, it’s going to show.” – Lizzo
“Even when body positivity is over, it’s not like I’m going to be a thin white woman. I’m going to be black and fat. That’s just hopping on a trend and expecting people to blindly love themselves. That’s fake love. I’m trying to figure out how to actually live it.” – Lizzo
Lizzo Inspirational Quotes To Love Yourself
- “Feeling good as hell.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good As Hell”
- “I put the sing in single.” – Lizzo, Song: “Truth Hurts”
- “That’s the goddess in me” – Lizzo, Song: “Truth Hurts”
- “Ain’t I so amazing?” – Lizzo, Song: “Exactly How I Feel”
- “‘Cause I’m my own soulmate.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
- “I’ma do my thing, no apologies” – Lizzo, Song: “Scuse Me”
- “Growing up is acting less childish and being more child-like.” – Lizzo
- “Boss up and change your life. You can have it all, no sacrifice.” – Lizzo
- “Put me on a pedestal / Bet on me, bet I will” – Lizzo, Song: “Like A Girl”
- “Why’re men great, ’til they gotta be great?” – Lizzo, Song: “Truth Hurts”
- “That bi*** in the mirror like yeah, I’m in love.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
- “I like that I’m not typical. I like that I’m called ‘no-genre hip-hop.’” – Lizzo
- “Got me, it’s the only thing I’ll ever need.” – Lizzo, Song: “Heaven Help Me”
- “You know you a star, you can touch the sky.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good As Hell”
- “True love finally happens when you by yourself.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
- “I get flowers every Sunday. I’ma marry me one day.” – Lizzo, Song: “Soulmate”
- “I don’t see nobody else / ‘Scuse me while I feel myself.” – Lizzo, Song: “Scuse Me”
- “Give your growth time ― it took me 10 years and I’m still not 100% there.” – Lizzo
- “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that b**ch.” – Lizzo, Song: “Truth Hurts”
- “Don’t hide no emotions / Wear ‘em on my sleeve.” – Lizzo, Song: “Exactly How I Feel”
- “Mirror, mirror on the wall / Don’t say it, ’cause I know I’m cute” – Lizzo, Song: “Juice”
- “I’m a firm believer that happiness makes people prettier. It’s a noticeable grow.” – Lizzo
- “If he don’t love you anymore, just walk your fine a** out the door.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good as Hell”
- “I’m done with the struggle. I just wanna enjoy my life now and maybe appreciate my skin.” – Lizzo
“Got nothing to prove. But I’ma show you how I do.” – Lizzo, Song: “Like A Girl”, Album: “Cuz I Love You”
Lizzo Song Quotes
- “Love me or hate me / Ooh I ain’t changing / And I don’t give a fu**, no.” – Lizzo, Song: “Exactly How I Feel”
- “Ooh, work my body like / Ooh, I know you want it like / Ooh, but I don’t do this for you” – Lizzo, Song: “Fitness”
- “Can’t hold back my tears / That would be a crime / Cause I look pretty cryin’” – Lizzo, Song: “Exactly How I Feel”
- “Woo girl, need to kick off your shoes / Got to take a deep breath, time to focus on you.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good As Hell”
- “I like big boys, itty bitty boys, Mississippi boys, inner city boys. I like the pretty boys with the bow tie.” – Lizzo, Song: “Boys”
“I swore you’d never see this side, but it’s so hard to say goodbye. I don’t need to apologize. Us big girls gotta cry.” – Lizzo, Song: “Crybaby”
- “Woo child, tired of the bullsh. Go on dust your shoulders off, keep it moving.” – Lizzo, Song: “Good As Hell”, Album: “Barbershop: The Next Cut”
- “Who told you that you stood a chance with this royalty? / You’re so sweet, bless your heart / Can’t let a pretty face distract me from business.” – Lizzo, Song: “Jerome”
- “Woke up feelin’ like I just might run for president. Even if there ain’t no precedent, switchin’ up the messaging. I’m about to add a little estrogen.” – Lizzo, Song: “Like A Girl”
“You coulda had a bad Bit**, non-committal, help you with your career just a little. You’re ‘posed to hold me down, but you are holding me back and that’s the sound of me, not calling you back.” – Lizzo, Song: “Truth Hurts”
Famous Quotes From Lizzo
- “I enjoy female rappers, not because they’re female but because I can connect to them more.” – Lizzo
“I spent a lot of time star-gazing, writing, and learning languages when the other kids were doing cooler things in Detroit.” – Lizzo
“I’m glad I’m a woman: I’m glad I’m a rapper because I get to speak to these people who did not get spoken for in this genre.” – Lizzo
“I can look cute and I can sing and dance on stage all day, but if it’s not making a positive impact on the world, I don’t want it.” – Lizzo
“I knew a lot of girls who just wanted to be famous, and if that’s your goal, that’s awesome; that just wasn’t enough for me.” – Lizzo
“Just about anybody is a big girl in a small world but you gotta believe it on the inside, that you can be bigger than the rest of it.” – Lizzo
“I say I love myself, and they’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, she’s so brave. She’s so political.’ For what? All I said is ‘I love myself, b**ch!’” – Lizzo
“I’m not a girl who started getting into music and using my femininity to get attention. When I was getting into it, it was all pure skill.” – Lizzo
“I want you to see somebody in yourself who can achieve the achievable, and dream up the impossible, and make the impossible possible.” – Lizzo
“No one said, ‘This is the best female rapper.’ It’s more like, ‘Lizzo can really rap.’ I think it’s because I’m not that se** girl. I’m that beast girl.” – Lizzo
“Mass media tells people that having a double chin, stretch marks, or dark areas on their skin is unsavory. But I’m here to change the narrative.” – Lizzo
“When I was born, my father named me Melissa, and I am still Melissa, but I got the nickname Lizzo around the time I was in the Cornrow Clique.” – Lizzo
“It’s not about being poppin’. It’s not about being famous or fashion. It’s about being better and making sure that this world can hear us and respect us.” – Lizzo
“Being vulnerable with someone I din’t know. The learning how to be vulnerable with people that I do know, gave me the courage to be vulnerable as a vocalist.” – Lizzo
“I was so moved by music that I wanted to create it as well, but once you decide that’s what you want to do with your life, to be successful, you have to be business-minded, too.” – Lizzo
“When I was 19, I joined a rock band, and that’s when I began to say, ‘Okay, this is something that I could take seriously.’ When I came to Minneapolis, it just refined everything.” – Lizzo
“I just want everyone to remember if you can love me. You can love yourself. Every single day. If you can love my big black a** at this tiny, tiny little desk, you can love yourself.” – Lizzo
“I’m tired of the bullsh. And I don’t have to know your story to know that you’re tired of the bullsh too. It’s so hard trying to love yourself in a world that doesn’t love you back, am I right?” – Lizzo
“I made the decision that I just wanted to be happy with my body nd happy with who I am. You have to find that love for yourself deep down inside, underneath all of the questioning and ickiness.” – Lizzo
“Every time I rap being a big girl in a small world, it’s doing a couple things: it’s empowering my self-awareness, my body image, and it’s also making the statement that we are all bigger than this.” – Lizzo
“When I first saw Destiny’s Child, I was in the fifth grade, and it made me want to sing and make music, and there would be these freestyles on the radio for what seemed like hours; it was just so cool to me.” – Lizzo
“I started writing these love songs to myself, and so my music is about love but it’s self-love…Dudes come and go, they’ll break your heart, unbreak your heart, and I think that I could never break my own heart.” – Lizzo
“When we’re on stage doing a song about positive body image or another about female empowerment, everyone out there is super into it and right there with us. It’s been awesome. I feel like we fit right in.” – Lizzo
“I’ve done so many tours, but nobody knows who I am until this year. But would I have been able to maintain this type of mainstream success 10 years ago? Hell to the nah! I needed this 10 years. I feel like a master.” – Lizzo
“Seeing people catch a feeling in their spirit and sprint the aisles of the church while my cousins played driving, uplifting gospel stuck with me. I let that same feeling wash over me when I experience and perform music.” – Lizzo
“If you are confident in yourself and however you want yourself to be presented, and you’re doing well and doing it because you want to do it and not because someone is pressuring you, then more power to you.” – Lizzo
“My movement is for everybody. My movement celebrates diversity. It’s all about inclusion. It’s all about getting our flowers and giving each person their own space to be an individual and speak up for that individuality.” – Lizzo
- “The internet isn’t reality. The things people are typing are words in an app you can choose to ignore. Put your phone down, close your eyes, count to 10. Think about how you can make the world a better place in the real world. We need you out here.” – Lizzo
- “Eight years of touring, giving out free tickets to my undersold shows, sleepless nights in my car, losing my dad and giving up on music, playing shows for free beer and food w/ -32$ in my bank account, constantly writing songs, hearing ‘no’ but always saying ‘yes’.” – Lizzo
- “My mother and father taught me about black excellence and dynasty. They experienced racism personally, and when something like that happens to you and not around you, you develop a different perception than someone who has never experienced racism a day in their lives.” – Lizzo
- “I feel like I’ve started to create my own culture of being a voice for something, and that’s what people want to know about. I love that because I am a woman and because I a rap, and I look the way I look, I can connect with the demographic of people who feel like they have a voice in me.” – Lizzo
- “Minneapolis just embraced me. There are a lot of weirdos here. It’s awesome, because I’m a weirdo. Thankfully, the city embraced me with open arms. A lot about Minneapolis helped carve my musicality and open my eyes. The whole town is so open-minded compared to like, you know, Texas.” – Lizzo
- “My formative years were in Houston. I was in middle school, and everyone was dropping the last half of their names and adding an ‘o’ to the end. My little crew that I had, we were an all-female rap group, and everyone had an ‘o’ at the end of their name. I was Lisso. Then this dude started getting lazy with it, saying Lizzo.” – Lizzo
- “So when it comes to being a role model to women, I think it’s because of the way that I feel about myself, and the way that I treat myself. I am a woman. I treat myself with respect and I love myself, and I think that if I’m holding myself to a certain esteem and keeping it real with myself, then that’s going to translate to people like me.” – Lizzo
- “I don’t think loving yourself is a choice. I think it’s a decision that has to be made for survival; It was in my case. Loving myself was the result of answering two things: Do what you want to live? ‘Cause this is who you’re gonna be for the rest of your life. Or are you just gonna have a life of emptiness, self-hatred, and self-loathing? And I chose to live, so I had to accept myself.” – Lizzo
More Inspirational Rapper and Music Quotes
More About Lizzo’s Life, Career And Music
Lizzo released the single “Rumors” featuring Cardi B in 2021, which debuted in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100. In 2022, she released her fourth studio album Special which peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Apart from singing and rapping, Lizzo has also worked as an actor. She appeared in the comedy-drama film Hustlers (2019) and has been a part of the animated film UglyDolls (2019) as a voice actor.
She is also the host of Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, a reality television series in Amazon Prime Video for which she received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Competition Program.
Lizzo has received three Grammy Awards, two Soul Train Music Awards, a Billboard Music Award, and a BET Award. In 2019, Time named her as “Entertainer of the Year” for her contributions to music.
She is loved by her fans around the globe not only from her music but also because she is not afraid to be 100% herself.
Lizzo has a reported net worth of around $12 million dollars, due to her work as a singer and other business ventures that she has taken on.
Her voicing out nature about her long journey to self-acceptance has won million of hearts.
She constantly encourages her fans that there is a light at the end of that tunnel and how important self-care is.
What’s your favorite Lizzo song? Is there a quote or lyric that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.
Also, check out our collection of Keanu Reeves quotes and Young Thug quotes will encourage you to hustle to achieve your dreams.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp to spread words from your favorite rapper.