Looking for famous quotes from popular actor Keanu Reeves? We have rounded up the best collection of Keanu Reeves quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) about life, relationship, success, death, kindness, and more to inspire you big time.
Keanu Charles Reeves born on September 2, 1964, is a famous Canadian actor, businessman, and philanthropist. Being an avid motorcyclist, he co-founded Arch Motorcycle Company, a custom motorcycle company.
Born in Beirut and raised in Toronto, Reeves started his career by acting in television films and theatre productions before making his debut on the silver screen with the movie ‘Youngblood’ in 1986.
Also See: Denzel Washington Quotes
He got his much-needed breakthrough from the movie Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (1989). He also starred in the film Parenthood, a comedy-drama. Reeves managed to establish himself as an action king by playing the lead roles in movies like Point Break (1991) and Speed (1994).
Apart from his acting the legendary actor is well known for his down-to-earth personality, kindness, and humility.
These cool and powerful Keanu Reeve quotes will give you an insight into the life of this charming and crowd-pleasing actor.
Top 10 Keanu Reeves Quotes
- “Honestly, I try not to do anything I don’t want to do.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.” – Keanu Reeve
- “Multi-culture is the real culture of the world — a pure race doesn’t exist.” – Keanu Reeves
- “When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want I just react. I go against it.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Luxury is the opportunity to experience quality, be it a place, a person or an object.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Art is about trying to find the good in people, and making the world a more compassionate place.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I was raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.” – Keanu Reeves
- “We are humans on a rock floating through space with a finite amount of time. So take that into account—how we treat ourselves, how we treat others and we are all in this together. Be excellent to each other!” – Keanu Reeves
Famous Quotes From Keanu Reeves
Apart from acting Reeves has also played the guitar for the ‘Dogstar’ band and has directed the film ‘Man Of Tai Chi’. He even pursued ventures such as philanthropy and writing.
Here is a list
- “We’re all stardust, baby!” – Keanu Reeves
- “’Are we in The Matrix?’ No!” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m always looking for catharsis.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m absolutely a very happy person.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m Hawaiian, everyone’s got a cousin.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I definitely have a bit of the gypsy in me.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I like Sundays. Sunday is the day of rest.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Riding a motorcycle is like being a puppy.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Have faith in the rainbow after the storm.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t know how much intelligence I have.” – Keanu Reeves
- “My name can’t be THAT tough to pronounce!” – Keanu Reeves
- “Toronto’s become like a shopping center now.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m not the biggest film star in the world [laughs] at all.” – Keanu Reeves
- “The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I have no martial arts background… I only know movie Kung Fu.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t want to be a part of a world where being kind is a weakness.” – Keanu Reeves
- “All of these characters have some DNA of mine, I share it with the character.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I do look back. I still sometimes wake up and go, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that!’” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t really do junk food anymore? But I hope hamburgers don’t count as junk food.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I think that a picture can tell a thousand words, and none of them can be right. Or true.” – Keanu Reeves
- “You know, I’m not an air guitar aficionado. But once in a while, the air guitar comes out.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I am very grateful for the printing press and everything that has followed. Electricity is pretty great too.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I was an affable little lad. I had a lot of energy. I liked to run around, liked to laugh, I was pretty sweet.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t have kids or anything like that, so I get to be less responsible! The day is kind of like, ‘What, creatively, can I do?’” – Keanu Reeves
- “I thought the one of the ultimate expressions of ‘whoa’ was in the first Matrix…The ‘whoa’ was wonderful in TheMatrix.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I was always hoping, even when I was young, that I could do different things. I’m really grateful for that. I’m very fortunate. I’m glad to be here.” – Keanu Reeves
Best Keanu Reeves Quotes On Life
Reeves is also loved by people as he supports several charities and causes. From setting up a private cancer foundation, to giving a portion of his movie earnings to his crew members, his acts show how amazing a person he is.
- “Sometimes life imitates art.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Grief changes shape, but it never ends.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Life is good when you have a good sandwich.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I guess it’s just to my tastes to keep life as simple as I can.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m Mickey Mouse. They don’t know who’s inside the suit.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’ve been very fortunate in my life. Which I am grateful for.” – Keanu Reeves
- “You know, I’m the lonely guy. I don’t have anyone in my life.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Grief and loss, those are things that don’t ever go away. They stay with you.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Nothing ever truly dies. The universe wastes nothing, everything is simply transformed.” – Keanu Reeves
- “How do I confront aging? With a wonder and a terror. Yeah, I’ll say that. Wonder and terror.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I cried over beauty, I cried over pain, and the other time I cried because I felt nothing. I can’t help it. I’m just a cliché of myself.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Fame is drag. The paparazzi culture is more pervasive than it used to be. On the positive side, it’s nice not to have to worry about bills.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I dream of a day where I walk down the street & hear people talk about morality, sustainability & philosophy instead of the Kardashians.” – Keanu Reeves
“It’s the journey of self, I guess. You start with this kind of loner, outside guy, which a lot of people can relate to, and he goes out into the world.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’ve been really fortunate to be able to do different kinds of films in different scales, different genres, different kinds of roles, and that is important to me.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I has always been my hope to be a part of works of art that entertain and that people can come away with something more or positive as they walked out of the dark into the world.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I think if I had taken the blue pill, it says I would go back to sleep and I would have never known what was happening. Which sounds very depressing. So I’m glad I took the right pill.” – Keanu Reeves
- “So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Try and respect others. Try and continue to get the most out of life, and find ways to get that in this situation, but also to respect it. Find ways to connect. If you can. I mean, just …. survive.” – Keanu Reeves
“Trust me nobody is as successful as Instagram makes them look and nobody is as pretty as filters make them seem. The inly healthy comparison is you yesterday vs you today. Focus on that.” – Keanu Reeves
- “None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after-thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.” – Keanu Reeves
Keanu Reeves Quotes On Love, Friends & Relationships
- “I will always be in love with love.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I know that the ones who love us will miss us.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I am not handsome or sexy. Of course, it’s not like I am hopeless.” – Keanu Reeves
- “If something is hurting you, why and how and how can it be changed?” – Keanu Reeves
- “The impact of falling in love for the first time has a special place in our architecture.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.” – Keanu Reeves
- “You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I guess living without love, without experiencing it or being able to give it is pretty strong punishment.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Kissing someone is pretty intimate, actually very intimate, and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I’m at the stage in my life where I keep myself out of arguments. Even if you tell me 1+1=5. You’re absolutely correct, enjoy.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, Someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.” – Keanu Reeves
- “The serialization through the Internet or through digital portals, means of ways of communicating, and I think that’s great.” – Keanu Reeves
- “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It’s always wonderful to get to know women, with the mystery and the joy and the depth. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing .” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t understand why people get mad when they get rejected by somebody or something. They have done you a favor by not wasting your time and playing with you.” – Keanu Reeves
- “So many people have that relationship. The companionship. The connection. To our – to other beings, our pets. I hate to call them pets. But you know, to other creatures that we share our lives with.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I wear my heart on my sleeve and that can hurt. To be vulnerable is an enriching way to live, but when it goes wrong it can be agonizing. But if you don’t open your heart to people, you end up being excluded from the rest of the world.” – Keanu Reeves
- “A relationship is an imaginative act, it’s an act of creation. Someone said to me the other day that a relationship between a person and a kid is unconditional; but the relationship between adults, to each other, is conditional, in a sense. But that condition can be the best kind.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It’s believing in love. It’s believing that there’s someone for you. That there’s the ultimate person, the ideal who will be your soul mate and your perfect match and that all your pain and suffering will go away and you’ll live happily ever after and you’ll be together in a blissful union.” – Keanu Reeves
Powerful Keanu Reeves Quotes On Success
- “I hate giving advice.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I like pretending. I’m an actor.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It’s called show business for a reason.” – Keanu Reeves
- “I don’t really have a hobby. Is reading a hobby?” – Keanu Reeves
- “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, they say.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Walk a mile to avoid a fight but when one starts, don’t back down an inch.” – Keanu Reeves
- “So, if you’re too tired to speak, sit next to me, because I too, am fluent in silence.” – Keanu Reeves
- “It’s easy to stay grounded. The ground is very close. And we walk on it every day.” – Keanu Reeves
- “The best way to change is to make mistakes. You can learn from your mistakes and then keep moving on.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Here comes 40. I’m feeling my age, and I’ve ordered the Ferrari. I’m going to get the whole midlife crisis package.” – Keanu Reeves
- “[About grief] People have a misconception that you can deal with it and say, ‘It’s gone, and I’m better.’ They’re wrong.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Once in a while, I have the moments, where you drink the whiskey and you get the records out and you start doing the DJ thing until four in the morning.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Working on Bill & Ted was certainly an excellent adventure. I love those characters. I love the spirit of the film. I like the eternal goodness of these characters. I always thought of them as beautiful fools.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.” – Keanu Reeves
Keanu Reeves Movie Quotes
Reeves is also well known for his famous movie roles such as Sweet November, Constantine, The Lake House, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and The Street Kings.
Reeves is also known for some of the dialogues from his movies such as “Woah!” and ” My name is Neo”. Here is a list of Keanu Reeves’s quotes on friends and Keanu Reeves quotes on success from his movies.
- “You ever have that feeling where you’re not sure if you’re awake or still dreaming?” – Keanu Reeves as Neo, ‘The Matrix’, 1999
“This is it. Life will never be better and sweeter than this. I’m happy. I’m in love. Marry me.” – Keanu Reeves as Nelson Moss, Sweet November, 2001
“People keep asking if I’m back and I haven’t really had an answer. But now, yeah, I’m thinking I’m back!” – Keanu Reeves as John Wick, ‘John Wick’, 2014
“If We’re gonna waste the dude, we oughta get paid for it. I mean, that’s the American way, right?” – Keanu Reeves as Marlon James, ‘I Love You To Death’, 1990
“What does a scanner see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does it see into me? Into us? Clearly or darkly?” – Keanu Reeves as Bob Arctor, ‘A Scanner Darkly’, 2006
“When something happens to you that hasn’t happened before, don’t you at least have to find out what it is?” – Keanu Reeves as Julian Mercer, ‘Something’s Gotta Give’, 2003
“I would love nothing more, sport, but if daddy doesn’t work this weekend we’ll have to live in a box. Do you guys want to live in a box?” – Keanu Reeves as Evan Webber, ‘Knock Knock’, 2015
“Heaven and Hell are right here, behind every wall, every window, the World behind the World. And we’re smack in the middle.” – Keanu Reeves as John Constantine, ‘Constantine’, 2005
“You came so close to me that night. I remember clearly what I felt when I heard your footsteps falling behind me. Pride. I thought it would keep us together forever. For me it was our finest moment. I can still see the flames.” – Keanu Reeves as David Griffin, ‘The Watcher’, 2000
Reeves suffered a lot since childhood. From his father abandoning him and his family when he was just three years old, to having a stillborn daughter, or his sister being diagnosed with cancer, but the actor never gave up on life.
Reeves faced several box office failures but made a powerful comeback with his performance in The Devil’s Advocate, a horror film. Greater stardom followed after he played the role of ‘Neo’ in ‘The Matrix’, a science fiction series.
Following the success of Matrix, he gave another blockbuster movie The Replacements. After facing another low period in his acting career, Reeves made a stellar comeback by playing the role of a legendary assassin in the movie ‘John Wick’ (2014).
Reeves has inspired many with his thoughtful remarks and his wise words of wisdom. His interviews and thoughts show how deep and reflective the man is.
When asked about his views on death on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Reeves replied, “I know that the ones who love us will miss us”. This shows how humble this guy is.
Which of these quotes by Keanu Reeves resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.