I’ve rounded up the best collection of influence quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to lead by example and make a positive difference.
Influence is the ability to impact or sway others to think, feel, or act in a certain way. It is a powerful tool that can be used for good or bad and is often the key to success in life.
Whether you are a leader, a parent, or simply a friend, the ability to influence others can help you achieve your goals and make a positive impact on the world.
Related: Make A Difference Quotes
The power of influence can bring about positive change and shape societies, but it can also be misused to manipulate and exploit others.
Nowadays social media has had a significant impact on modern society, influencing how individuals communicate, receive and share information, and engage with each other and brands.
May these inspirational quotes about leaving an impact encourage you to make a meaningful and good impact to influence and affect the world in a positive way.
Top 10 Influence Quotes
- “Influence does not require position.” – Richie Norton
- “Attitude is greatly shaped by influence and association.” – Jim Rohn
- “Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.” – George Eliot
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” – Ken Blanchard
- “The people who influence you are the people who believe in you.” – Henry Drummond
- “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Real control is influencing someone to the point that he believes his choices are his own.” – G.R. Morris
- “The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The humblest individual exerts some influence, either for good or evil, upon others.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Whether you flounder or flourish is always in your hands ― you are the single biggest influence in your life. Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.” – Oprah Winfrey
Best Quotes About Influence Quotes
These insightful quotations remind us of the importance of using our influence for good and the power that comes with making a positive impact on others.
- “Influence is about being genuine.” – Johnny Hunt
- “To influence a person is to give one’s own soul.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You will never influence the world by trying to be like it.” – Unknown
- “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Unknown
- “People exercise an unconscious selection in being influenced.” – T. S. Eliot
- “We never know which lives we influence, or when, or why.” – Stephen King
- “If you try to influence everyone, you won’t influence anyone.” – Josh Steimle
- “It is more important to influence people than to impress them.” – Adrian Rogers
- “The secret of my influence has always been that it remained secret.” – Salvador Dali
- “Don’t adapt to the energy in the room, influence the energy in the room.” – Unknown
- “Example, whether it be good or bad, has a powerful influence.” – George Washington
- “Children are more influenced by sermons you act than by sermons you preach.” – David McKay
- “Religion is such a belief of the Bible as maintains a living influence on the heart.” – Richard Cecil
- “I hold that a strongly marked personality can influence descendants for generations.” – Beatrix Potter
- “To listen well is as powerful a means of communication and influence as to talk well.” – John Marshall
- “Evil influence is like a nicotine patch; you cannot help but absorb what sticks to you.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
- “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” – Deepak Chopra
- “He is greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “In order to be a positive influence in the world. Simply impact one human being at a time.” – Abram Anderson
- “Nothing has a greater influence over your life than your thoughts rather they are negative or positive.” – Tasha Hoggatt
- “We are more likely to influence people if we are willing to minster with kindness and patience to their needs.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “If you want to help others and become a person of influence, keep smiling, sharing, giving, and turning the other cheek.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Those sweet souls who speak kind words when they could rightly criticize are the most influential beings in all the world.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
- “Music has a very powerful and wonderful influence in establishing feelings and moods that can lift and elevate your thoughts and your actions.” – Ardeth Kapp
- “Don’t be a pepper on the eyes of people; Rather be the salt on their tongue and make a difference that influences their sense of belonging to the earth.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “If you were born with the ability to change someone’s perspective or emotions, never waste that gift. It is one of the most powerful gifts God can give – the ability to influence.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Your minds influence the key activity of the brain, which then influences everything; perception, cognition, thoughts and feelings, personal relationships; they’re all a projection of you.” – Deepak Chopra
- “The only way in which one human being can properly attempt to influence another is by encouraging him to think for himself, instead of endeavoring to instill ready―made opinions into his head.” – Leslie Stephen
Powerful Influence Quotes That’ll Motivate You
- “Your expectation influences your disposition.” – Ekere Marshal
- “A life without influence is a life without meaning.” – Josh Steimle
- “The past influences everything and dictates nothing.” – Adam Phillips
- “A life isn’t significant except for its impact on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Your influence on others is your net worth, treat it as such.” – Peprah Boasiako
- “The future influences the present just as much as the past.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Smiling, unknowingly influences how other people will respond to you.” – Liam Jackson
- “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain
- “The best effort of a fine person is felt after we have left their presence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Circumstances and environments have influence over us, but we are responsible for ourselves.” – Owen D Hill
- “It would be difficult to exaggerate the degree to which we are influenced by those we influence.” – Eric Hoffer
- “It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people’s lives.” – Clint Eastwood
- “As a person on planet Earth you are capable of influencing another with your journey.” – Rachel D. Greenwell
- “Without love, influence is merely transactional and lasts only as long as there is a clear, mutual benefit.” – Josh Steimle
- “A woman of wisdom has so much influence. The wise learn from her, and they do not ignore her wisdom at all.” – Gift Gugu Mona
- “Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.” – Billy Graham
- “Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent.” – Carl Jung
- “Be selective about your external influences. Your multi-dimensional brain is influenced by everything you see, hear, read, smell, touch, feel or say.” – Brian Tracy
- “One of the best ways to influence people is to make them feel important. Most people enjoy those rare moments when others make them feel important. It is one of the deepest human desires.” – Roy T. Bennett
Famous Influence Quotes About Influencers
- “Leadership is influence.” – John C. Maxwell
- “The influence of a good principal can never be erased.” – Unknown
- “To have a positive influence on someone’s life is a blessing.” – Unknown
- “Influencers are not leaders, but leaders are influencers.” – Richie Norton
- “Never underestimate the influence you have on others.” – Laurie Buchanan
- “Influence is our inner ability to lift people up to our perspective.” – Joseph Wong
- “If you wish to win a man over to your ideas, first make him your friend.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The greater the impact you want to make, the greater your influence needs to be.” – Lolly Daskal
- “As an educator, I’ve seen the positive influence that fathers have on their children.” – Nicoline Ambe
- “The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions.” – John Hancock
- “Leaders are influential because they live and inspire other people’s future.” – Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
- “As much as people refuse to believe it, the company you keep does have an impact and influence on your choices.” – Unknown
- “Each of us should be aware of the energy we are putting out into the world. Are we a positive influence or a negative one.” – Laurence Overmire
- “Because everything we say and do is the length and shadow of our own souls, our influence is determined by the quality of our being.” – Dale Turner
- “No matter how much you love the person, you cannot change them. You may influence them; but at the end of the day, they must decide for themselves.” – Robert E. Baines Jr.
- “You don’t have to be a person of influence to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they’ve taught me.” – Scott Adams
- “A parent gives life, but as parent, gives no more. A murderer takes life, but his deed stops there. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: the potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “You don’t need to be a saint to benefit from Mother Teresa’s example. Her influence has led us to a higher standard of leadership, and we hope it will raise your own bar too.” – Ruma Bose
- “We have a responsibility to influence the people in our lives to be the best possible people they can be: “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.” – Henry Cloud John Townsend
- “Influence is no respecter of education or experience; it goes only with the one who will set aside his status ― be it high and mighty or low and lowly ― and put himself in the place of another.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.” – Tiger Woods
- “Some of the most important decisions I have made might well have never been made or might have been very different if it hadn’t been for the influence of the people in my life. We all need mentors.” – Tony Clark
- “The real beginning of influence comes as others sense you are being influenced by them ― when they feel understood by you ― that you have listened deeply and sincerely, and that you are open.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “A young child is a leader to an elderly person once his purpose has a faithful, sincere and trustworthy influence on people. Leadership is not restricted to position and age; it is self―made and influential. Everyone has this self-leadership quality.” – Israelmore Ayivor
Influence can come from many sources, such as charisma, knowledge, and experience. Motivational quotes about influence are a great way to inspire and motivate yourself to become a more effective influencer.
They can also help you to reflect on the importance of influence and the impact it can have on others.
Whether you are looking to become a better leader, a more persuasive communicator, or simply a more influential person, these quotes can provide valuable insights and inspiration.
So, take a moment to reflect on these powerful words and consider how you can use your own influence to make a difference in the world.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.