Top 80 Self Love Quotes To Help You Love Yourself
Looking for quotes on self love and loving yourself first? We have rounded up the best collection of self-love quotes, love yourself quotes, sayings, phrases, status, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to value yourself on a priority basis.
What Is Self Love?
Self-love is a crucial aspect of overall well-being and happiness, and is the foundation of a positive and fulfilling life. Self-love refers to the process of accepting, appreciating and caring for oneself, and recognizing one’s own worth and value.
It means that you accept yourself fully, and treat yourself with kindness and respect, and having appreciation for oneself.
Self-love quotes are statements that provide inspiration and motivation for individuals to prioritize and cultivate self-love in their lives.
These quotes can range from uplifting affirmations to practical advice, reminding us of the importance of treating ourselves with kindness, compassion, and respect.
Also Read: Be Yourself Quotes
Self-love means taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others. It means knowing your self worth not settling for less than you deserve. When you value yourself, then others start to value you.
Also See: You Are Worthy Quotes
In these tough times when everything is so stressful, self-love is the best form of love. When you love yourself then you can spread love to others.
For more inspiration, also check out self preservation quotes and pamper yourself quotes on self-love to enjoy a day off from work!
Best Self Love Quotes To Love Yourself
- “Love yourself and dream bigger.”
- “Be your own version to smile.”
- “Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.”
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
- “Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all time.”
- “F.L.Y. First Love Yourself. Others will come next.”
- “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Andre Gide
- “Fall in love with yourself, with life and then with whoever you want.” – Frida Kahlo
- “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise Hay
- “I’m learning to love myself. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”
- “If you don’t love yourself, nobody else is going to love you.”
- “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.”
- “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.”
- “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.”
- “The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate.”
- “What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?”
- “Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough.”
- “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.” – Teresa Collins
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
- “If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” – RuPaul
- “You yourself, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” —Les Brown
- “Have unshakable faith in yourself to become everything you want to be.”
- “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.” —Haruki Murakami
- “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” —Dan Pearce
Inspirational Quotes About Self Love
Self-love is also another way to say self-care. To practice self-care you need to take a break from your routine and take out some “me time“. This is the best time to be with your own self and thoughts and rejuvenate.
When you take of yourself and your needs and you prioritize yourself. You can only spread love and happiness when you are happy with your own self.
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
- Dear Self, You are a queen, so even when they push you, don’t take off your crown.
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
- “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very very hard on you.”
- “Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with.”
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.”
- “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.”
- “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” ― Stephanie Lahart
- “Love only yourself a little bit longer, until you can’t stand not to love someone else.”
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm Forbes
- If you think I’m still holding on to something, You should go and love yourself. – Justin Bieber (Song Love Yourself Lyrics)
- “You are a true success if you can trust yourself, love yourself, and be yourself.”
- “The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself.”
- “We must fall in love with yourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.” – Mae West
- “You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations.”
- “You, yourself, as much as anybody else in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
- “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish – it makes you indestructible.”
- “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.”
- “Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is till standing.”
- “I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now.”
- “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
- “You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.”
- “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” – Zoe Kravitz
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
Aesthetic Love Yourself Quotes
In a world that often promotes self-criticism and comparison, self-love can be a difficult thing to achieve. However, it is a vital step towards living a happy and fulfilling life.
By loving and accepting ourselves, we build a foundation of confidence and self-worth that helps us navigate the challenges of life with ease and grace.
Self-love quotes can provide a reminder of the importance of self-love and can encourage individuals to focus on their own well-being.
For example, a quote like “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” reminds us that we are worthy of love and that we should treat ourselves with kindness and compassion.
- “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
- “People who want the most approval get the least and the people who need approval the least get the most.” – Wayne Dyer
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
- “Spend time understanding who you are, after all the only person your ever going to truly live with; is yourself.”
- “Self-care is never a selfish act — it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
- Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.”
- “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore”
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”
- “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.”
- “Demonstrate love by giving it, unconditionally, to yourself. And as you do, you will attract others into your life who will love you without conditions.”
- “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
- “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” – Denis Waitley
- “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.”
- “Laugh and dare to try to love somebody, starting with yourself. You must love yourself first, of course, and you must protect yourself so that nobody overrides you, overrules you, or steps on you. Just say, ‘Just a minute. I’m worth everything, dear.” – Maya Angelou
- “No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Others can’t always define your true identity. They see what they ‘want’ to see but beyond your mess, God sees the beauty He created and still thinks it’s good.”
- “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude.”
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
- “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all, is the one you have with yourself, and if you find someone to love the you, you love, well that’s just fabulous!” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
- Psalm 139:14 I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. ( Bible Verse)
- “You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Because it’s only when we love ourselves that we feel worthy of someone else’s love.”
- “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” — Barbara De Angelis
- “Don’t ever allow yourself to forget how incredibly special you are, even for a single second. Without you, the world would not be as magnificent. Let yourself remember to love again, starting with you loving you.”
Love Myself Quotes To Increase Your Self-Esteem
Putting yourself as a priority is a must at times. These are times when you need to take care of your physical, mental and inner health.
You take a break from the usual routine and rest and relax to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
- “The same light you see in others is shining within you, too.” —MHN
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
- “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.”—Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” —Beau Taplin
- “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.” – Dan Coppersmith
- “Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself, first! You’re just as important as anybody else.” – Stephanie Lahart
- “There are women who struggle to GAIN weight who are beautiful. There are women who struggle to LOSE weight who are beautiful. You know who is the most beautiful? Those who learn to love themselves the way they are. You don’t need to change for ANYONE.”
- “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.”
- “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” – Andrew Matthews
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Washington Thurman
- “I found in my research that the biggest reason people aren’t more self-compassionate is that they are afraid they’ll become self-indulgent. They believe self-criticism is what keeps them in line. Most people have gotten it wrong because our culture says being hard on yourself is the way to be.” – Kristen Neff
Ultimately, self-love quotes are a way of reminding us that taking care of ourselves is a form of self-care, and an essential aspect of overall well-being.
So take some time to read some self-love quotes and be reminded of the importance of prioritizing and cultivating self-love in your life.
Hope these inspirational words about self love will encourage you to balance work, love, and life. Let us know which of these motivational quotes about self love captions and quotes inspired you the most.
If you like these quotes aesthetic self love quotes then also check out self positive quotes and aesthetic love quotes to inspire you.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share in the comments section below and we will love to add it to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter and more to motivate them every morning.