Looking for insightful quotes about stop bullying? We have rounded up the best collection of bullying quotes, sayings, slogans, phrases, stop bullying quotes, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be courageous and stand against bullies.
Bullying is an act to seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce someone who is weaker. The behavior of a person who hurts or frightens someone smaller or less powerful often forces that person to do something they do not want to do. The person who is bullying others is called a bully.
We see bullying of children at school, bullying at the workplace, and nowadays bullying in cyberspace is also on a rise. Online bullying is a serious concern.
Also See: Stand Up For Yourself
Bullies might make fun of people who they think don’t fit in, can harass them with their intimidating behavior and in some cases, bullying can get violent too. A person who is being bullied feels weak to respond back out of fear or hesitation.
Dealing With Bullying, especially for teens and children is very important. Teens who are bullied in schools and colleges can lose self-confidence and have low self-esteem.
The effects of bullying also include mental health issues, increased stress and anxiety, depression, acting out violently, and even suicidal tendencies.
Also See: Speak Up Quotes
Preventing bullying at schools, colleges, cyberspace, and offices, is important for a healthy environment in the workplace, and schools. Bullies are often sadists, they find pleasure in putting others down and embarrassing them.
These impactful stop bullying quotes and posters are divided into these sections;
- Bullying Quotes
- Stop Bullying Quotes
- Anti Bullying Quotes
Bullying Quotes To Prevent It At Schools
- “Bullying is never ok.”
- “Bullying is for losers.”
- “Meanness is a sign of weakness.”
- “Not all forms of abuse leave bruises.”
- “A healthy mind does not speak ill of others.” – Unknown
- “Bullying is not okay. Period.” – Jim C. Hines
- “Bullies thrive wherever authority is weak.” – Tim Field
- “Pulling someone down will not help you reach the top.”
- “Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “No one heals himself by wounding another.” – St. Ambrose
- “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.” – Unknown
- “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend – or keep one.” – Robert E. Lee
- “Bullies cause depression, depression causes suicide. Are you a murderer?”
- “Succumbing to BULLIES, only gives them more POWER.. – T.J
- “A bully is playing a game, one that he or she enjoys and needs.” – Seth Godin
- “Bullies are always to be found where there are cowards.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “You never feel better if the only thing you know is how to make others suffer.”
- “Don’t you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine.”
- “Rumors are carried by haters, accepted by fools, and spread by bullies.”
- “Cyber bullying is bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it any less hateful.”
- “We have got to dispel this myth that bullying is just a normal rite of passage.” – Barack Obama
- “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”
- “I realized that bullying never has to do with you. It is the bully who’s insecure.” – Shay Mitchell
- “Ignore the people who’s always talking behind your back, that’s where they belong, behind you.”
- “They’re not bullying you because of you, they’re bullying you because of how they are.” – Jessie J
- “If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.”
- “Bullies are found not just in schools, they grow up and work in offices, businesses and organizations.”
- “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.” – Heather Brewer
- “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.”
- “Bullying happens because weak people need to prop up their ego by beating up or humiliating others.” – Bruce Dickinson
- “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” – Lynette Mather
- “I think all the funny people were bullied. When they talk about outlawing bullying, it’s like, what? You want no Comedy Central?” – Chris Rock
- “Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this.” – Katherine Jenkins
- “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will then become saviors to the bullied.”
- “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.”
- “Leadership is not bullying and leadership is not aggression. Leadership is the expectation that you can use your voice for good. That you can make the world a better place.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: ‘The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair.’ In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.”
- “Usually people don’t see beyond the surface of things and cannot understand more other than the obvious; they are used to judging a book by its cover, and that is why they don’t hesitate to bully.” – Maria Karvouni
- “Bystanders who do nothing give bullies permission inadvertently to go one being bullies. Most are afraid they’ll lose friends or be bullied themselves if they help victims or report bullies, and some feel guilty for years afterward.”
- “The people who are bullying you, they’re insecure about who they are, and that’s why they’re bullying you. It never has to do with the person they’re bullying. They desperately want to be loved and be accepted, and they go out of their way to make people feel unaccepted so that they’re not alone.” – Madelaine Petsch
Stop Bullying Quotes For Kids & Students
Bullying refers to physical or verbal aggression that is repeated over a period of time and, in contrast to meanness, involves an imbalance of power.
Preventing and stopping bullying involves a commitment to creating a safe environment where children can thrive, socially and academically, without being intimidated.
Stop bullying programs with parents, teachers, and the government takes initiative to support children, teens, and adults who are bullied.
The stop bullying slogans, captions, and sayings are powerful to send the message to people who harass people with their bullying nature.
- “Unite to end bullying.”
- “Bullying is a national epidemic.” – Macklemore
- “Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.”
- “Bullying happens at all ages and levels.” – Ralph Macchio
- “I think bullying in general is for cowards.” – Eddie Alvarez
- “Adult bullies don’t simply target insecure people – they create them.”
- “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” – Jacob Tremblay
- “Blowing out someone else’s candle does not make yours shine any brighter.”
- “I would rather be a little nobody than to be an evil somebody.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Standing up for someone who’s being bullied shows care and courage in your heart.”
- “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
- “The one-word story about why I have a chip on my shoulder is ‘bullying.’” – Chris Gethard
- “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.” – Franklin Roosevelt
- “When you hold people up for ridicule, you have to take responsibility when other people act on it.”
- “If you see someone being bullied, make it stop. Why is that so hard for us to do?” – Susane Colasanti
- “You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves.” – Phil Lester
- “Instead of teaching kids how to deal with bullies how about we teach them how not to be the bullies.”
- “Adult bullies almost always bully others continuously, and when one target leaves, they pick another.”
- “I survived bullying. Let’s work together so no one else has to ever declare this again. Unite to end bullying.”
- “While many people think bullying only happen amongst children, it can also happen in the workplace or with relatives.”
- “When you’re nice, you’re not bullying people. But when you’re kind, you stand up against the bully.” – Daniel Lubetzky
- “You think suicide is cowardly? I’ll tell you what’s cowardly. Hurting someone so much that they want to end their lives.”
- “When people see you’re happy doing what you’re doing, it sort of takes the power away from them to tease you about it.” – Wendy Mass
- “It’s okay to dislike someone, or even dislike someone for no reason. But it’s not okay to disrespect, degrade, and humiliate that person.”
- “If we are to stop bullying in schools, we have to start with teachers and administrators. If we want to stop it, we have to stop it.” – Chris Crutcher
- “Putting people down does not make you a powerful and a strong person. It makes you a bully, a coward and eventually alone in life.” – Tess Calomino
- “The solution to putting an end to bullying is to stop it at the source but also to find out what is causing the person to behave the way that they do.” – Hunter King
- “By the time a child reaches out to an adult, the vast majority of kids have been dealing with the bullying and trying to ignore it for a long time.” – Rosalind Wiseman
- “The meanest people are the weakest people, for they do not even have the strength to believe in goodness. Do not let this be your life’s curse.” – Sean Patrick Brennan
- “It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you!” – Normani Kordei
- “We need to get rid of bullying. We need to get rid of abuse. We need to get rid of harassment. We need to get rid of the casting couch. Instead, we need to build the bench.” – Nancy Dubuc
- “People talk about bullying, but you can be your own bully in some ways. You can be the person who is standing in the way of your success, and that was the case for me.” – Katy Perry
- “If you’ve witnessed bullying or if you’re being bullied, tell somebody you trust. Tell mom and dad. Tell your counselors or your coaches. Tell your teachers. Tell an adult who you trust.” – Stephanie McMahon
- “Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain.” – Cat Cora
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
- “I think the sooner that all of us in society stop accepting any type of bullying or harassment from other people – in spite of people’s social standing or net worth or whatever it is – the sooner it will stop.” – Jason Priestley
- “Bullies are predators. They will go after the weakest prey. Trying to stop a bully by teaching a child to stand up to him is like teaching the weakest gazelle to be stronger. The predator will not stop going after the weakest prey, he will ONLY stop going after THAT target.”
- “Usually the bullies are the most insecure. I was bullied and it’s hard, you feel like high schools never going to be over. Its four years of your life and you just have to remember the person picking on you has their own problems and their own issues. And you’re going to be ok.” – Megan Fox
- “School administrators can’t say it’s up to the parents. Parents can’t say it’s up to the teachers. Teachers can’t say it’s not their job. And kids can’t say, “I was too afraid to tell.” Every single one of us has to play our role if we’re serious about putting an end to the madness. We are all responsible. We must be.” – Megan Kelley Hall
- “Bullying isn’t just throwing punches or calling names. They exclude you, put you down, belittle you, make you look and feel stupid. They’ll make snide comments, criticize your every move, slowly eat away at you until they’ve sucked away your soul. There are plenty of ways to be a bully but only one way to be a victim: because we let them. Give bullies the boot. Stand up for someone who is too afraid to stand up for themselves.”
Anti Bullying Quotes And Slogans
Anti-Bullying Day (or Pink Shirt Day) is an annual event, held in Canada and other parts of the world, where people wear a pink-colored shirts to stand against bullying.
Also See: Evil People Quotes
The initiative was started in Canada, where it is held on the last Wednesday of February each year. In New Zealand, Anti-Bullying Day is celebrated in May.
Also See: Negative People Quotes
These meaningful social bullying quotes and quotes about anti-bullying will help us all to stand up against bullying.
- “No one deserves to feel worthless.”
- “Don’t listen if someone says you are not good enough.”
- “If there are no heroes to save you, then you be the hero.”
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- “Bullying will eventually end if we all decide to stop it.” – Choi Si-won
- “If people throw stones at you then pick them up and build something.”
- “Your perfect the way you are, you got to believe in yourself.” – RedWolf
- “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” – Taylor Swift
- “Strong people stand up for themselves. But strongest people stand up for others.”
- “With ignorance comes fear – from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.”
- “You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it.” – Randi Weingarten
- “It is against the principles of human rights to bully another human being.” – Shenita Etwaroo
- “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
- “A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.” – Nathaniel Branden
- “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.”
- “If you’re horrible to me, I’m going to write a song about it, and you won’t like it. That’s how I operate.” – Taylor Swift
- “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.”
- “The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.”
- “Confident and proficient people are virtually impossible for a bully to intimidate in any environment.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”
- “Each of us deserves the freedom to pursue our own version of happiness. No one deserves to be bullied.” – Barack Obama
- “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.”
- “Love always wins. You might feel afraid sometimes, or angry, or hurt—but if you respond with love, the bullies can’t win.” – Josh Roberts
- “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having backbone.”
- “I bought one of those anti-bullying wristbands when they first came out. I say ‘bought’, I actually stole it off a short, fat ginger kid.” – Jack Whitehall
- “We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high.” – Michelle Obama
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey S. Firestone
- “Bullies don’t like to fight, son. They like to win. Being afraid is normal. The only fight you really have to win is the one against the fear.” – Kwame Alexander
- “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” – Zack W. Van
- “If you’re having a downtime at school and people are bullying you, they don’t know you. They don’t have the right to have an opinion on you.” – Maisie Williams
- “Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever.” – Raini Rodriguez
- “Bullying is the manifestation of an infantile and primitive need to become the leader of the pack. The modern-day bully believes he is a human being, but he is an animal.” – Bona
- “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper; They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” – Chris Colfer
- “Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that.” – Bill Goldberg
- “Getting bullied in school taught me how to be strong, getting judged taught me to be better, failure taught me to be resilient and being made fun of taught me humility.” – Mehak Bhalla
- “My self-worth is not linked to your cruel words and action. My self-esteem is not affected by your deliberate attempts to destroy my character. You have no power over me. You will not silence me.”
- “People say sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you, but that’s not true. Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven’t forgotten.” – Demi Lovato
- “I woke up one day and thought, ‘Enough is enough with bullying myself.’ The war is within you, and that’s also where it’s won. You just have to tackle your insecurities and then let them go.” – Keala Settle
- “Some people won’t be happy until they’ve pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.” – Donna Schoenrock
- “The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person.” – Mary Elizabeth William
Quotes About Cyberbullying
Cyberbullying is the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature. Online bullying also involves cyberstalking, social media trolling, and shaming on platforms.
Cyberbullying is the use of cell phones, instant messaging, e-mail, chat rooms, or social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to harass, threaten or intimidate someone.
Also See: When Someone Puts You Down
The increased exposure of teens and children to technology should be monitored and comes with great responsibility. Hiding behind a screen name or number gives the anonymous bullies the courage to harass and bully people online.
Cyberbullying suicidal deaths are increasing every day. Statistics reveal 59% of U.S. teens have been bullied or harassed online, and over 90% believe it’s a major problem for people their age
But with strong cyber laws and online governance, anti-bullying laws should be taken up strictly to stop bullying.
- “Technology should not be used as a tool to hurt and create conflict.” – Unknown
- “If you’re insulting people on the Internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” – Phil Lester
- “The web should be used to inspire others, not spread hate or to hurt others.” – Justin Bieber
- “Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them.” – Germany Kent
- “Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.”
- “Cyberbullying is Bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen, doesn’t make it less hateful, written words have power.” – Anon
- “Cyberbullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting up to 35% of all children.” – Dr. Martyn Wild
- “Any sort of bullying is a terrible thing, but I think online bullying is so much worse because it’s psychological bullying.” – Dean Cain
- “Problem with cyberbullying is everything. If you have something mean to say, look in the mirror & say it to yourself. Maybe you’ll think twice.” – Unknown
- “Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.” – Anna Maria Chavez
- “With cyberbullying, one press of a finger on an electronic device can shatter someone’s reputation and what they think is their entire life. It’s scary.” – Justin Prentice
- “We all have a responsibility with the words we post on the internet. If you wouldn’t want your mother, daughter, sister or friend to read it, don’t post it.” – Germany Kent
- “Cyberbullying is not a spectator sport. When and if you see it happening resist, stay informed and aware of how you can help and take some steps to champion against it.” – Germany Kent
- “Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world—or you can make it something that takes away.” – Zoe Sugg
- “People don’t realize how badly verbal harassment and cyberbullying affects you. I wish they had hit me in the face and gotten it over with, because what they said to me, sticks to me to this day. It affected me into the person that I am today.” – Demi Lovato
Stop Bullying Slogans And Captions
These inspriational stop bullying at school, workplace and family quotes will help to prevent people from becoming bullies by educating them of the dangers inherent in this behavior we can eradicate bullying altogether.
Also See: Quotes About Haters
These anti-bullying slogans are specifically designed to help individuals understand the impact these actions have on other people and stand against bullying to take power from the bullies and stop being a victim to their atrocities.
- EOB (End of Bullying).
- Bullying stops here!
- Be a buddy not a bully.
- Just Say NO to BULLYING.
- Have a Heart. Don’t take Part.
- Be a true buddy, not a false bully.
- End bullying before it ends a life.
- Be a hero, take a stand against bullying.
- Keep calm and stamp out bullies.
- Make some noise about bullying.
- Keep smiling, bullies can’t stand it.
- Stop bullying and let the world smile.
- Stop bullying before it is too late!!
- Let’s cheer, bulling is not accepted here!
- Record it, report it, and don’t support it.
- Use Your Brain, Being A Bully Won’t Gain.
- Some bruises are on the inside, stop bullying.
- Don’t be a zero, be a hero and refrain from being a bully.
- Help stop bullying – Stand up and speak out.
- Bullies are not accepted here, bullies are the one who should fear.
How To Prevent Bullying?
Most bullying prevention programs focus on raising awareness of the problem and administering consequences. Schools and individual classrooms that tend to be supportive of all children tend to prevent bullying.
The most important program components that were associated with a decrease in bullying were parent training, improved playground supervision, disciplinary methods, school conferences, videos, information for parents, work with peers, classroom rules, and classroom management. This is the best way to deal with people who are mean and have a toxic mindset.
People can be intimidated for many reasons, such as reputation, body and verbal language, unpredictability, reputation, or uncertainty about the value they have to the other person.
Bullying or harassment in any form is a very negative trait and you should always stand tall against it. Learn how to deal with intimidating people and tackle them head-on.
I hope these inspiring bullying quotations and stop bullying quotes gave you the courage to stand against bullies. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, and more to raise more awareness.