Looking for quotes about people putting you down? We have rounded up the best collection of when someone puts you down quotes, sayings, captions, status message (with images and pictures) that you might relate to.
Putting someone down is to make someone feel stupid or unimportant by criticizing them. To belittle someone is not a great thing to do. But some people get sadistic pleasure by putting others down.
Also See: Being Let Down Quotes
When you are put down by your friends or loved ones then you really feel disappointed, let down and sad.
If the person is one of those who put you down every opportunity they get, then its better to convey your feelings and make it clear to them that you don’t appreciate it. All you need to do is to maintain your composure and be confident and believe in yourself and set boundaries with them.
We have divided these inspirational putting you down quotes in these sections;
- When Someone Puts You Down Quotes
- Stop Putting People Down Quotes
When Someone Puts You Down Quotes
- “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
- “So sick of being let down over and over again!”
- “They tried bury us. They didn’t realize we were seeds.”
- “When people put you down, God will always pick you up.”
- “You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.”
- “Depend on yourself; you won’t be let down.” – Madhuri Dixit
- “Don’t dwell on who let you down, cherish those who hold you up.”
- “How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.”
- “Be happy with who you are, stop letting other people put you down.”
- “I’ve been let down so many times that being hurt doesn’t faze me anymore.”
- “Strong people don’t put others down… they lift them up.” – Michael P. Watson
- “The best defense is to keep off the radar of negative people.”― Steven Redhead
- “Your happiness is the greatest revenge against those who wish to bring you down.”
- “No matter some people will put you down, stand up and knows that God is with you.”
- “I’ve been let down, and knocked down, but God has never failed to help me up again.”
- “Always trust strangers, it’s the people you know that let you down.” – Andrew O’Hagan
- “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.”― Moosa Rahat
- “I can’t help but let you down. If you’re expecting perfection…. – love your imperfect friend.”
- “Beware of those around you who subtly sow the seeds of doubt.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Remember…Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Don’t let anyone knock you down, but if they did, don’t be afraid to pick yourself up and dust yourself off.”
- “Sometimes you have to let people down in order to get on, particularly in showbusiness.” – Dusty Springfield
- “Do not let people put you down. Believe in yourself and stand for yourself and trust yourself.” – Jacob Neusner
- “No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. Despite our failings, we still deserve respect. Don’t let anyone put you down.”
- “Things will get worse before they get better. But when they do, remember who put you down and who helped you up.”
- “It’s time to distance yourself from the people who let you down, the inconsistent one. It’s time to start loving yourself.”
- “We all experienced people putting us down and people saying we couldn’t do it. We overcame it.”- Leigh-Anne Pinnock
- “If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.”- Bobby J. Mattingly
- “Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun. Fall in love. Regret nothing and don’t let people bring you down.”
- “Don’t get upset when someone starts putting you down. they’re only doing it because they’re unhappy with themselves.”
- “I’d rather have an enemy who admits that they hate me, than a friend who secretly puts me down.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “When people criticize me, instead of putting my head down, it gives me energy to do even more.”- Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- “Accept the fact that some people didn’t intend to let you down. Their best is just less than you expected.” – Thema Davis
- “Don’t let people put you down… work hard in silence and be the one… they never thought you would be.” – Mukul Sharma
- “No matter how hard you work to bring yourself up, there’s someone out there working just as hard, to put you down…..” – Dr. Dre
- “You eventually learn to trust no one. Being alone sucks but at least you don’t have to worry about being let down or hurt again….”
- “I’m never shocked when people let me down nowadays. I just hate the fact that I put myself in a position to be let down in the first place.”
- “I tell kids that people will let them down and people will hurt them. But Jesus Christ will never let them down and never hurt them.” – Willie Aames
- “Instead of putting people down all your life, inspire someone, change someone’s life for the better, make someone happy, make someone smile.”
- “When people feel bad about themselves, they will try to point out something in you to try to make you feel bad. Normal people don’t put others down.”
- “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “People will let you down – welcome to life….people will also lift you up, save you, love you, embrace, teach you, and guide you. Welcome to life!” – Elle Febbo
- “Never trust a person that has let you down more than 2 times. Once was a warning, twice was a lesson and anything more than that is simply taking advantage.”
- “You will be let down by people you trusted – forgiveness is very good but in the process don’t lose your self respect and never let anyone take you for granted!” – Irwin Rego
- “Ships don’t sink because of the water around them. Ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.”
- “When someone is mean, don’t listen. When someone is rude, walk away. When someone tries to put you down, stay firm. Don’t let someone’s bad behavior destroy your inner peace.”
- “I have in the past overly trusted people and was, in turn, let down by some. Since then, I have learned the difference between putting faith into people and blindly trusting them.” – Do Won Chang
- “There are people in your life who’ve come and gone, they let you down and hurt your pride. Better put it all behind you, life goes on, you keep carrying that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.” – Don Henley
- “Don’t worry when people put you down or talk behind your back. Those people have a need to find fault in your life, because they can’t fix the faults in their own. Use that energy to propel you forward.”
- “When someone puts you down and treats you badly, just remember there is something wrong with them, not you. Decent people will not go around destroying other human beings because they will respect others feelings.”
- “Negative and toxic people will drag you down with their insults, criticisms, and put downs. Try not to stoop to their level. It is their own insecurities that drive their behavior and it has nothing to do with you. Move on and away from that negativity…”
- “Walk away from people who put you down. Walk away from fights that will never be resolved. Walk away from trying to please people who will never see your worth. The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the healthier you will be.”
- “There are some people who put you down in life, mock your dreams, and challenge your personality; they look like winners. But in actual fact, they are only voicing out their insecurities and jealousy. Do not let them pull you down. Believe and accept yourself and hold onto what you believe in.”
- “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah LaBelle
- “Other people’s dissatisfaction with you is not your issue to take on. Don’t absorb their negative, petty criticisms or allow their issues with you to get into your head. If they dislike you for no good reason, that is their problem to deal with. Be yourself, instead of allowing them to mold you into someone you are not, or living your life just to please them.”
Stop Putting People Down Quotes
Bringing down others to feel better is what insecure people do. This might upset you, but the best reaction to such toxic behavior is to walk away and distant yourself from such fake friends and people.
Since dealing with people who constantly feel the need to put you down is both hurtful and exhausting. Be it at the workplace, or out with friends, during your gym class… you are going to encounter these people in various walks of life who take a dig at you without any reason.
These inspirational quotes will encourage you to have faith in yourself and don’t let people make you feel small.
- “People will let you down, but God never will.”
- “You Can’t Climb Up A Mountain With Downhill Thoughts.”
- “Do not put others down in order to build up your own image.”
- “All the people who knock me down, only inspire me to do better.”
- “Patience puts up with those you’d like to put down.” – Rick Warren
- “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” – Habeeb Akande
- “If people are trying to let you down, it only means that you are above them.”
- “Make a habit of shutting down conversations that aim to tear others down.”
- “Spend your life lifting people up, not putting them down.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “A lot of people let me down…a lot of people I thought were my friends turned on me.” – Lil Kim
- “People enjoy making fun of people who are famous; they love putting people down.”- Lee Daniels
- “All of us would be wiser if we would resolve never to put people down, except on our prayer lists.” – D. A. Carson
- “Don’t expect too much from people, the less you expect, the less disappointed you will be when they let you down.”
- “I can’t tell you the amounts of times I’ve been let down, but I still try to see the best in people.” – Daphne Guinness
- “People will let you down in this life, promises will be broken. You should expect less of others and trust more in yourself.”
- “Putting people down does not make you a powerful and a strong person. It makes you a bully, a coward and eventually alone in life.” – Tess Calomino
- “I want to apologize to all of the people I have let down because of my behavior which has reflected badly on my family, friends, co-workers, business associates and others.” – Kate Moss
- “Every day I see lot of things cluttered in my surroundings. But that neither stresses me nor does it puts me down. Instead, it tells me that things will give you trouble if you see it as trouble.” – Ashish Patel
- “It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves, you know, to put other people down, or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work and that doesn’t make me feel good at all.” – Lady Gaga
- “Have confidence in yourself and don’t let people put you down or make you feel weak or worthless, because the more they put you down, the more you need to get back up and prove how wrong they are.” – Layne Beachley
It always feels insulting to handle a situation where someone is putting you down or trying to make you feel small, especially when it is in front of others.
It can cause you to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable or awkward and can lead to self esteem issues.
Jealousy, insecurities, and low self-esteem are main reasons for this type of behavior by those bullies. But it is very important to stand up to bullies and remember your own importance.
Don’t be affected by such jokes, sarcasm or remarks and maintain your calm. No one can make you feel inferior if you don’t want to feel it. Ignore them or confront them but do believe that you are above them all.
So if you love sipping hot coffee on a cold winter morning, then you should love these quotes and enjoy the snowfall.
Share it with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter and more and share the vibe for the perfect cold morning!!!!