Looking for quotes for manipulative friends and people? We have rounded up some of the best and most famous manipulative people quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) which you can relate to.
Also See: Two-Faced People Quotes
The word “manipulation” brings up negative vibes in most people’s minds. When you think of manipulation, you probably think of a dishonest person trying to control others for their own purposes.
Manipulation is often the characteristic of toxic people who portray jealousy, lies, and a craving for power.
Also See: Manipulation Quotes
People may manipulate you under the facade of friends or family. They may try to manipulate you emotionally, psychologically, or in other ways.
Manipulative people can be difficult to recognize, as they often disguise their intentions and actions as being in the best interest of others.
However, their behavior can be harmful and damaging, both to individuals and to society as a whole.
It’s important to be vigilant to manipulation, so you can always look out for your own best interests. These quotes highlight the importance of recognizing manipulative behavior and taking steps to protect oneself from its effects.
Manipulative People Quotes and Sayings
- “Allergic to manipulative people.”
- “Life is too short to let stupid people manipulate you.”
- “The only way to win with a toxic person, is not to play.”
- “The hard thing is, you try to help them but still you’re the bad one.”
- “If you don’t give education to people, it is easy to manipulate them.” ― Pele
- “Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.”
- “I’m manipulating the audience. I’m making sure people sympathize.” ― Melinda Clarke
- “True love is built on free will and free choice, not control and manipulation.” – Ken Poirot
- “The best way to manipulate a man is to make him think he is manipulating you.” – John Smith
- “I have no interest in trying to manipulate people’s emotions or opinions.” ― Sarah Kane
- “Everybody has the ability to be manipulative, to be hateful and deceitful.” ― Neil Labute
- “You give them taste of their own medicine, then they will tell everyone that you poisoned them.”
- “I hate manipulative people. Just cause i don’t say anything doesn’t mean i don’t see it for what it is”.
- “Any good actor has to have a good sense of humour, too; they have to be able to manipulate people.” ― Chevy Chase
- “I’m not trying to be coy or manipulative or Machiavellian, I want to spark people’s imaginations.” ― J. J. Abrams
- People say I manipulate the media. Well, duh. We live in a media culture, so why on earth wouldn’t I?” ― Paul Watson
- “What I found personally to be true was that it’s easier to manipulate people rather than technology.” ― Kevin Mitnick
- The showbiz world has to be manipulated to make it more interesting because most people’s lives are boring.” ― James Blunt
- “Don’t be fooled, people who create drama, and then portray themselves as the victim are playing games. They are manipulating you.”
- “Jury selection is strictly an emotional process. They’re looking for people they can manipulate. Both sides are.” ― Joseph Wambaugh
- “When you’re an actress, you become this thing in people’s hands that people are trying to manipulate. I cannot stand it.” ― Julie Delpy
- “Music moves society more than most people realize. In my opinion, it’s a soft manipulator of influence and change.” ― Kim Harrison
- “Sometimes you have to let go just to hold on to your sanity. There are people that have mastered making you believe you’re the crazy one.”
- “Athletics carries its own set of truths, and those truths are diminished when manipulated by people with agendas.” ― Chris Crutcher
- I tried to manipulate and control people, and I harbored resentment. I wanted to be forgiven, but I wouldn’t forgive others.” ― Lauryn Hill
- “Manipulation, fueled with good intent, can be a blessing. But when used wickedly, it is the beginning of a magician’s karmic calamity.” – T.F. Hodge
- “Stay away from people who can’t take responsibilities for their actions and who make you feel bad for being angry at them when they do you wrong.”
- Giving in to a controlling person might feel like, keeping the peace for the moment, but it’s actually starting a very toxic pattern.” ― Shannon Thomas
- Manipulation is application of intelligence on people to achieve a pre-meditated outcome solely benefitting the former than latter.” ― Ramana Pemmaraju
- “If there is some one in you life you cannot speak truth to or are afraid to confront, examine the ways in which this person is manipulating or controlling you.”
- Juggling is very, very straightforward; very, very black and white; you’re manipulating objects, not people. And that’s always appealed to me.” ― Penn Jillette
- “I’ve seen people who stink, but the film editor shows them just where they didn’t stink. But if you’re empty and manipulative on stage, it’s clear.” ― D. B. Sweeney
- Self-centered leaders manipulate when they move people for personal benefit. Mature leaders motivate by moving people for mutual benefit.” ― John C. Maxwell
- “With me, personal relationships are like my religion. I care that deeply about them. I am the complete opposite of a manipulative smoothie.” ― Charles Grodin
- Some people are truly great manipulators. They can lie, cheat, treat you badly and some how manage to make is all seem like your fault. Don’t fall for it, that is just what they do.”
- “Manipulative people do not understand the concept of boundaries. They are relentless in their pursuit of what they want and they have no regard for who gets hurt along the way.”
- “I think you can be cynical about religion on occasion, and certainly skeptical about the degree to which some people use religion to manipulate other people.” ― Peter Jennings
- “A complete woman is probably not a very admirable creature. She is manipulative, uses other people to get her own way, and works within whatever system she is in.” ― Anita Brookner
- “It’s a great tragedy that the ability to act is used to manipulate people, but it is a greater tragedy that people welcome it while sometimes making a phony protest.” ― Eugene J. Martin
- “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.” – Philip K. Dick
- “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else.” ― Darlene Ouimet
- “It’s so easy to manipulate an audience, but it’s nearly always clear that you are being manipulated. I think even people that are not critically attuned are aware of cynical manipulation in film.” ― John Boorman
- “Management is the set of skills that can help get things done. Unfortunately, its practice is too often a bag of manipulative tricks to advance someone’s own interests, which creates cynicism.” ― Frances Hesselbein
- “Love comes when manipulation stops, when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable.” ― Joyce Brothers
- “When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other person will eventually see the truth, just like you did.” ― Jill Blakeway
- “The Flock have come a long way in their acceptance of this, and when a professional refused to deal with them in a straightforward manner and, in fact, manipulated and deceived them in return-they rebelled fiercely but self-protectively.” ― Joan Frances Casey
- “Manipulative people play on our sensibilities, emotional sensitivity, and especially, our conscientiousness. And sometimes they speak and act with such conviction, that we begin to believe them. We can even start feeling responsible in some way for what we perceive to be there pain.”
- “There are those whose primary ability is to spin wheels of manipulation. It is their second skin and without these spinning wheels, they simply do not know how to function. They are like toys on wheels of manipulation and control. If you remove one of the wheels, they’ll never be able to feel secure, be whole.” ― C. JoyBell
- “Manipulator uses sarcasm and put-downs to increase fear and self-doubt in the victim. Manipulators use this tactic to make others feel unworthy and therefore defer to them. Shaming tactics can be very subtle such as a fierce look or glance, an unpleasant tone of voice, rhetorical comments, and subtle sarcasm. Manipulators can make one feel ashamed for even daring to challenge them. It is an effective way to foster a sense of inadequacy in the victim.” ― Dr. George Simon
For More Inspirational Quotes
Which is your favorite compromise quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
Feel free to share these aesthetic quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom.