Looking for powerful quotes about standing up for yourself? We have rounded up the best collection of stand up for yourself quotes, sayings, captions, status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be courageous and stand up for the right thing.
When you believe in yourself and hold your ground, then you refuse to take anything which is unfair and unjust. You raise you voice and stand for your rights and honesty. Being true to yourself is one of the greatest virtue of modern days.
Also See: Speak Up Quotes
Be it your workplace, relationships, or any aspect of life where you are manipulated or being taken for granted, you should always stand for the right.
When you don’t let others belittle you then you make the right choice. Be important to yourself and value your opinions and feelings.
Also See: Stop Bullying Quotes
When things feel wrong, then be courageous enough to speak your mind out. Take a stand for yourself, because if you don’t then no one else will.
These encouraging show up for yourself quotes in these sections;
- Stand Up For Yourself Quotes
- Standing Up For Yourself Quotes
- Take A Stand Quotes
- Stand Alone Quotes
Stand Up For Yourself Quotes
- “Stay strong. Stand up. Have a voice.” — Shawn Johnson
- “You don’t have to accept the things you are not ok with.” – Unknown
- “Stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side.” – Unknown
- “Stand up and face your fears, or they will defeat you. — LL Cool J
- “It’s important to stand up for what you believe in.” — Cody Linley
- “To me, bravery is to stand up for what you believe in.” — Sophie Turner
- “Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
- I learned that you can stand up for yourself and still maintain your zen!” — Doreen Virtue
- “Stand up for yourself. Never give anyone permission to abuse you.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone. – Mahatma Gandhi
- “There’s is a difference between being mean and standing up for yourself.” – Unknown
- “When you stand for something, you’ve got to stand for it all the way, not half way.” — Kevin Gates
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something in your life.” – Winston Churchill
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” — Winston Churchill
- “That’s what we were told—stand up for yourself. But that’s hard to do if you don’t know who you are.” — Shane Koyczan
- “When you stand up for yourself, you are standing up for everyone who will follow your positive example!” ― Doreen Virtue
- “Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone. Stand up for truth, regardless of who steps on it.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “Sometimes it just feels so amazing to finally stand up for yourself. I highly recommend it. Life is too short to be taken for granted.” ― Demi Lovato
- “All things are possible if you are willing to put yourself on the line. You cannot stand back and hope for the best. You have to act” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “You will never gain anyone’s approval by begging for it. When you stand confident in your own worth, respect follows.”― Mandy Hale
- “It’s really important to stand up for yourself and not always agree with what people say if indeed you don’t feel that that’s true.” — Lily Collins
- “We get weak and we fall down. It’s when we stand up again that we become stronger. You will learn from this and be better for it. It’s okay to fall once in a while. You’ll pick yourself up – eventually.” – E.L.Todd
- “You have two choices. you can keep running and hiding and blaming the world for your problems, or you can stand up for yourself and decide to be somebody important.” ― Sidney Sheldon
- “Give to us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for – because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.”- Peter Marshall
- “Sometimes, in order to follow our moral compass and/or our hearts, we have to make unpopular decisions or stand up for what we believe in.” – Tabatha Coffey
- “As I said, if you don’t stand up for yourself, people aren’t going to think that you can stand up for them.” — Sidney Blumenthal
- “Develop enough courage so that you can stand up for yourself and then stand up for somebody else.” — Maya Angelou
- “I not only have the right to stand up for myself, but I have the responsibility. I can’t ask somebody else to stand up for me if I won’t stand up for myself. And once you stand up for yourself, you’d be surprised that people say ‘Can I be of help?” ― Maya Angelou
- “Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within yourself. Therefore make your own future.” – Swami Vivekananda
Standing Up For Yourself Quotes
Standing up for yourself is simply having confidence in yourself and stand up for what you feel is right and for justice. When you validate of your feelings you speak up for things which matter to you.
Also See: Intimidating People Quotes
When you have the courage and bravery to stand tall for yourself then you can achieve anything in the world.Be it at work, relationship, or any aspect of life, no one will stand for you if you don’t stick up for yourself. Be your own hero and be confident and courageous to stand tall.
- “Follow your dreams, they know the way.”― Kobe Yamada
- “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” — H.G. Wells
- “Be different, stand out, and work your butt off.”— Reba McEntire
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” ― Albert Einstein
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ― Stephen Covey
- “Whenever one person stands up and says, ‘Wait a minute, this is wrong,’ it helps other people do the same.” — Gloria Steinem
- “Standing up for yourself doesn’t always involve verbal confrontation. Sometimes it’s about not wasting energy on people who are negative.” — Sherry Argov
- “Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. So follow your dreams, embrace change and live what you love” ― Aysel Gunar
- “Anything that threatens, hinders, obstructs, denies, delays your capacity to stand fully up for yourself, within yourself, take it down.” ― Iyanla Vanzant
- “Man, alone can transform the power of his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone can dream, and make his dream come true.” ― Napoleon Hill
- “Trust your own instincts, go inside, follow your heart. Right from the start. Go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness.” ― Lesley Ann Warren
- “Don’t believe that winning is really everything. It’s more important to stand for something. If you don’t stand for something, what do you win?”— Lane Kirkland
- “Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority.” — William Jennings Bryan
- “Civilization must stand up and combat the current collapse of governance, the rise of violence, and the spread of chaos and fear in many parts of the world.” ― Rudy Giuliani
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ― Earl Nightingale
- “But most of my songs were about believing in yourself, standing up for yourself and fighting for what you believe in.” — Dee Snider
- “When you come from a family of ten children you learn very early on in life to stand up for yourself and hold your ground regarding the things you’re passionate about.”— Sufe Bradshaw
- “How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?”― Katie McGarry
- “Don’t yell at people. Stand up for what’s right. Put yourself in the other person’s place. Respect women. Don’t take no for an answer. Laugh at yourself. Don’t believe what you are told” – Greg Proops
- “On the way home my father said tiredly he hoped some day I’d realize it was necessary to live with people. I didn’t understand him. He said a lot of other things that made me feel sorry for him, because he just couldn’t stand up to a situation.” ― Dan J. Marlowe
- “When you finish a thing you ought to be able to say to yourself: There, I am willing to stand for that piece of work. It is not pretty well done; it is done as well as I can do it; done to a complete finish. I will stand for that.” ― Orison Swett Marden
Quotes On Taking A Stand
- “Speak up. Believe in yourself. Take risks.”
- “Stand alone with no shame.” ― Mitta Xinindlu
- “The only way he knew how to conquer the demon, was by confronting it.” ― Shad’e Zuiweta
- “Earning respect doesn’t mean to always let go but to stand up for yourself!” ― Somya Kedia
- “If you believe very strongly in something, stand up and fight for it.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- “Being able to admit you’re wrong is important, but so is standing up for yourself when you’re right.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, and don’t give up the fight.” – Bob Marley (Lyrics)
- “Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself, you should speak up even if you don’t get the answer you were looking for; its the fact that you said something that matters.” – Unknown
- “Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” ― Maya Angelou
More Motivational Quotes
These famous quotes are collected from various sources, books, by famous authors, poets, leaders, spiritual gurus, who inspire you to value your opinions and self worth.
I hope you enjoyed these motivational sticking up for yourself quotes. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter and more.