“Adapting in life” refers to the ability to adjust, change, and evolve in response to various circumstances, challenges, and new situations. So read some of the best adapt quotes, sayings, and captions to remind you that change is constant and can unlock doors to undiscovered potential.
And to adapt to ever-changing situations is an art of survival in life. We all are exposed to a world where everything and everyone is changing constantly.
Also Check: Evolve Quotes
As the popular saying says; “Survival of the fittest” – that means that the people who have the ability to adapt to the changing situations are the survivors in life.
And adapting to something can require a huge amount of strength, resistance, and determination. Only strong people can adapt to changing situations that might be discomforting and painful.
To go a long way in life it is very important to make adjustments and improvise as per the requirement of the situation. It may sound easy but it might be quite uneasy to get out of your comfort zone and adapt to something new.
One of the most famous quotes on adapting is by Charles Darvin which says “Adapt or die”. It means it is not the strongest of the species that survives but the most adaptable.
Also Check: Adjustment Quotes
Trying to adapt to new situations or transitions can be very difficult. Be it a new job/work you take or a new school, the new may make you uncomfortable. But when you are open-minded, you embrace new ideas, perspectives, and experiences, even if they differ from your current beliefs.
Here is a list of inspirational ‘how to adapt’ quotes that will help you to overcome difficult situations in life and inspire you to embrace change, adapt, and smooth out situations.
Top 10 Adapt Quotes
- “Be flexible and adapt easily to new things.” — Sunday Adelaja
- “Action and adaptability create opportunity.” — Garrison Wynn
- “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” — Stephen Hawking
- “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” — Dolly Parton
- “Adaptability to change is itself a hallmark of successful education.” — Peter Hilton
- “All failure is the failure to adapt; all success is successful adaptation.” — Max McKeown
- “When we allow ourselves to adapt to different situations, life is easier.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “We should be in constant evolution and adapt to the new without ever losing our essence or our integrity.” — Pedro Capo
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Best Quotes About Adaptation
Adaptation is a lot about finding a balance between holding onto core values and being open to new opportunities that arise.
These insightful quotes about adapting can serve as a source of inspiration and encouragement, reminding us of the power of adaptability and change for progress.
- “If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward.” — John Wooden
- “An adaptive mind has better learning capability.” — Pearl Zhu
- “The key to success is often the ability to adapt.” — Anthony Brandt
- “Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature’s inexorable imperative.” — H. G. Wells
- “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.” — Kakuzo Okakura
- “The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher.” — Chinese Proverb
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” — Vivien Greene
- “People seem to get used to anything, and it is a short step from adaptation to attachment.” — Lionel Shriver
- “There can be no life without change, and to be afraid of what is different or unfamiliar is to be afraid of life.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- “Change is the only constant in life. Ones ability to adapt to those changes will determine your success in life.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “A man is worked upon by what he works on. He may carve out his circumstances, but his circumstances will carve him out as well.” — Frederick Douglass
- “Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.” — Nolan Ryan
- “There is only one way to survive and thrive when faced with circumstances out of our control and for which we are unprepared: ADAPT.” — Charles F Glassman
- “And the most successful people are those who accept, and adapt to constant change. This adaptability requires a degree of flexibility and humility most people can’t manage.” — Paul Lutus
Quotes On Adapting In Life
- “Learn to surf whatever life throws at you.” — Gustavo Razzetti
- “The strongest will is the will that knows how to bend.” — Alice Duer Miller
- “Life persists if it can respond and adapt to its environment.” — Abhijit Naskar
- “It is not a failure to readjust my sails to fit the waters I find myself in.” — Mackenzi Lee
- “Life does more than adapt to the Earth. It changes the Earth to its own purposes.” — James Lovelock
- “People no longer have one job for life, so it is right that younger generations adapt.” — Esther McVey
- “It’s always difficult when you’re working with Mother Nature because you need to adapt to that.” — Pilou Asbaek
- “We must cut our coat according to our cloth, and adapt ourselves to changing circumstances.” — William Ralph Inge
- “We have to be able to adapt to a new situation. It’s another form of the definition of intelligent behavior.” — Hasso Plattner
- “It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” — Leon C. Megginson
- “To live is to exist within the boundaries of what is permissible and what is not. Adaptation to this is called life.” — Elmar Hussein
- “Life happens how it happens, and you either move with the maelstrom or die wallowing about the change in the winds.” — Cora Carmack
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” — Buckminster Fuller
- “Reasonable men adapt to the world around them; unreasonable men make the world adapt to them. The world is changed by unreasonable men.” — Edwin Louis Cole
- “Things you don’t expect, come up, and you have to adapt. You can’t let it throw you off. You have to cope. Those are all really valuable skills in life and racing.” — Mikaela Shiffrin
Adapting To Change Quotes
- “Change brings faster results than chance.” — Amit Kalantri
- “Adapt yourself to the needs of the people.” — Sunday Adelaja
- “Take in every detail of your environment and adapt.” — Serenity
- “A true champion can adapt to anything.” — Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” — Albert Einstein
- “Resistance and adaptation bring evolution.” — Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
- “Life is ever changing. We can always adapt to the new changes.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Yoga is the best way to learn to adapt and adjust to the changing environments.” — Amit Ray
- “As human beings, we do change, grow, adapt, perhaps even learn and become wiser.” — Wendy Carlos
- “Change. Adapt. Bend so as not to be broken. Let opportunity guide your actions.” — Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Your ability to adapt to failure, and navigate your way out of it, absolutely 100 percent makes you who you are.” — Viola Davis
- “The oak is the strongest tree in the forest, but the willow bends and adapts. When the fires and storms hit, it is the willow that survives.” — Kara Barbieri
- “As the world we live in is so unpredictable, the ability to learn and to adapt to change is imperative, alongside creativity, problem-solving, and communication skills.” — Alain Dehaze
- “Only those who are able to adapt to changing scenarios will continue to survive and prosper. Success is directly proportional to the degree of positive adaptation to change.” — Vishwas Chavan
Inspirational Quotes About Adaptability
- “Adaptability is key.” — Marc Andreessen
- “Adaptability is the simple secret of survival.” — Jessica Hagedorn
- “You adapt, evolve, compete or die.” ― Paul Tudor Jones
- “Adaptability enforces creativity, and creativity is adaptability.” — Pearl Zhu
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” — Winston Churchill
- “Adaptability cushions the impact of change or disappointment.” — Marvin J. Ashton
- “You can’t control life. But you can always control your effort and ability to adapt to it.” — Unknown
- “Adaptability is about the powerful difference between adapting to cope and adapting to win.” — Max McKeown
- “All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.” — ―Bruce Lee
- “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “All we have is the knowledge passed on to us by our elders, experiences we inculcate, and hardly negate. But to bridge the generation gap, one needs to adapt to the new while retaining the goodness of the old.” — Sonali Bendre
- “Man is a product of millions of years of evolution. He adapts himself to the laws of nature or he perishes.” — James Hervey Johnson
- “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” — Bruce Lee
- “To survive and even thrive in a changing world, nature offers another great lesson: the survivors are those who at the least adapt to change, or even better learn to benefit from change and grow intellectually and personally. That means careful listening and constant learning.” — Frances Arnold
In this constantly changing world, we must upgrade, update and evolve to adapt and survive in it. Learning new things, and improving ourself is the key to a successful life.
What are your favorite adaptability quotes and sayings listed above? If there is a quote that we’ve missed then let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.