90 Flexibility Quotes To Be Flexible And Adaptable In Life
Looking for inspirational quotes on being flexible? We have rounded up the best collection of flexibility quotes, sayings, captions, and status messages, (with images, and pictures) to inspire you to be more adjustable and adaptable in life.
We all know flexibility is an important component of physical fitness for a healthy and fit body. It has many positive effects on the body as it improves mobility, posture, and muscle coordination.
Also See: Stability Quotes
Similarly being flexible in our approach to life in business, career, and relationship is important.
With a flexible attitude, one can be more adaptable to the changing situations of life. It makes us more adjustable and easygoing.
Flexibility is the capacity to adjust to short-term change quickly and calmly so that you can deal with unexpected problems or tasks effectively. If we are rigid in our behavior we will find it difficult to cope up with real-life situations.
These inspirational flexibility quotations will encourage you to have an open mind and adapt to new situations to survive in all situations.
Famous Flexibility Quotes
- “Flexibility is strength.” – Girish Kukreja
- “Flexibility is the key to stability.” – John Wooden
- “Indecision is the key to flexibility.” – Kathy Reichs
- “A tree that is unbending is easily broken.” – Lao Tzu
- “Life is like gymnastic… it’s better if you’re flexible.” – Unknown
- “We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.” – Jeff Bezos
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” – Albert Einstein
- “Intelligence is the handmaiden of flexibility and change.” – Vernor Vinge
- “Resilience is when you address uncertainty with flexibility.” – Anonymous
- “Blessed are the flexible, for they will not be bent out of shape.” – Anonymous
- “Problems disappear when we are willing to become flexible.” – Roxana Jones
- “Stretching exercises promote flexibility, so you move fluidly.” – Denise Austin
- “Your body can do anything. It’s just your brain you have to convince.” – Unknown
- “Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.” – Albert Camus
- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
- “Be clear about your goal but be flexible about the process of achieving it.” – Brian Tracy
- “Flexibility requires an open mind and a welcoming of new alternatives.” – Deborah Day
- “Leaders honor their core values, but they are flexible in how they execute them.” – Colin Powell
- “Flexibility makes buildings to be stronger, imagine what it can do to your soul.” – Carlos Barrios
- “Even under the most difficult circumstances you can have creative flexibility.” – Anne M. Mulcahy
- “Don’t flail against the world, use it. Flexibility is the operative principle in the art of war.” – Sun Tzu
- “Blessed are the flexible for they will not allow themselves to become bent out of shape!” – Robert Ludlum
- “Saying you’re not FLEXIBLE enough for YOGA is like saying you’re too DIRTY to take a BATH.” – Unknown
- “Let no one think that flexibility and a predisposition to compromise is a sign of weakness or a sell-out.” – Paul Kagame
- “Peak performers see the ability to manage change as a necessity in fulfilling their missions.” – Charles A. Garfield
- “Flexibility isn’t showing off how far your leg can stretch, it’s showing how far your perseverance can stretch.” – Chane Vdw
- “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Flexibility in a stem makes a tree stand in storm. Flexibility in behavior makes a human win hearts.” – Anonymous
- “Thus, flexibility, as displayed by water, is a sign of life. Rigidity, its opposite, is an indicator of death.” – Anthony Lawlor
- “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” – Bruce Lee
- “Freedom and happiness are found in the flexibility and ease with which we move through change.” – Gautama Buddha
- “Freedom always deals with ‘the possible’; this gives freedom its great flexibility, its fascination, and its dangers.” – Rollo May
- “The block of granite which is an obstacle in the pathway of the weak becomes a stepping stone in the pathway of the strong.” – Unknown
- “Life is movement. The more life there is, the more flexibility there is. The more fluid you are, the more you are alive.” – Arnaud Desjardins
- “Balance strength with flexibility and fitness and in life, and never bend over backwards for anyone or anything unless you’re strong enough to pull yourself back up again!” – Unknown
- “Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” – Anaïs Nin
- “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” – Anatole France
- “Leadership grows like tall trees. It needs both toughness and flexibility – toughness for accountability – flexibility to adapt changes with a compassionate & caring heart for self and others.” – Amit Ray
- “A man is born gentle and weak. At death, he is hard and stiff. Green plants are tender and filled with sap. At death, they are withered and dry. Therefore, the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death, and the gentle and yielding is the disciple of life.” – Lao Tzu
- “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.” –Bruce Lee
Quotes About Flexibility And Adaptability
Being flexible also means that one is open to ideas, adaptable, resourceful and creative.
Also See: Change Your Mindset Quotes
Flexibility and adaptability can be anyone’s means of attaining success in any field or work. If we can mold to new situations then we can be more successful in any area of work we pursue.
- “Flexibility is a requirement for survival.” – Roger von Oech
- “Action and flexibility create opportunity.” – Garrison Wynn
- “Be infinitely flexible and constantly amazed.” – Jason Kravitz
- “All things change. Cultivate flexibility rather than perfection.” – Jewel
- “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark
- “Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature’s inexorable imperative.” – H. G. Wells
- “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.” – Kakuzo Okakura
- “It’s easier to think outside the box if you don’t draw one around yourself.” – Jason Kravitz
- “True flexibility can be achieved only when all muscles are uniformly developed.” – Joseph Pilates
- “Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “You know flexibility is a good thing but it shouldn’t – you shouldn’t be flexible on core principles.” – Ted Cruz
- “The person with the most flexibility has the best chance of achieving the outcome he or she desires.” – Tony Jeary
- “Flexibility isn’t your boss’s gift to give. You must create it yourself—even if you are your own boss.” – Richie Norton
- “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.” – Everett Dirksen
- “The key to conversation at work is flexibility and understanding how what you say might be perceived by others.” – Deborah Tannen
- “When you are frustrated and do not know a way out, only flexibility and moderation towards difficulties will save you.” – Husayn ibn Ali
- “Many of us spend time thinking about all the ways other people could be different. Flexibility allows us to save our time and energy for things we can control.” – Darcy Luoma
- “Achievement is often a balance between following through with a well made decision, accepting the process, while embracing flexibility until its completion” – Lisa J. Morris
- “The best leaders don’t know just one style of leadership—they’re skilled at several, and have the flexibility to switch between styles as the circumstances dictate.” – Daniel Goleman
- “There needs to be a similar degree of flexibility and generosity in the recognition of the humaneness and worth of people who we generally consider as adversaries.” – Jimmy Carter
- “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.” – Jeff Bezos
- “The most important strategy of life is flexibility.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “True health begins with your thoughts. Thinking about comfort, strength, flexibility and youthfulness attracts those qualities into your life and body. Dwelling on illness, fear, disease and pain does just the opposite. Your work is to notice and change your thoughts and move them in the direction of health and happiness.” – Christiane Northrup
- “Letting go of judgment and accepting others just as they are is difficult. However, it’s one of the most powerful Thoughtfully Fit practices. Flexibility teaches us the value of acceptance—full and unconditional acceptance of others. Even, or maybe especially, when you don’t agree with their choices or behaviors. It’s much easier to accept others when we agree with them 100 percent.” – Darcy Luoma
Positive Be Flexible Quotes
But to be open-minded and keep shifting your mindset to new perspectives and ideas is the best way to flourish and be successful in life.
Also See: Embrace Change Quotes
Changing to a new situation might feel uncomfortable or scary at first, but once you accept it and change yourself you will find positive growth and success in life.
- “Be flexible, but stick to your principles.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If the plan doesn’t work change the plan but never the goal.” – David Oragui
- “Yielding flexibility is a virtue of an ever-expanding heart.” – Molly Friedenfeld
- “Flexibility in a time of great change is a vital quality of leadership.” – Brian Tracy
- “Flexibility is one of the main roads leading to happiness.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Flexibility – In all aspects of life, the person with the most varied responses ‘wins’.” – Kelly Perdew
- “You must always be able to predict what’s next and then have the flexibility to evolve.” – Marc Benioff
- “Flexibility comes from having multiple choices; wisdom comes from having multiple perspectives.” – Robert Dilts
- “The definition of flexibility is being constantly open to the fact that you might be on the wrong track.” – Brian Tracy
- “Flexibility has become a modern day value that everyone wants. But flexibility comes with a cost.” – Maynard Webb
- “Players have a great deal of flexibility when conducting diplomatic relations with their allies.” – Michael K. Simpson
- “Creativity has always depended on openness and flexibility, so let us hope for more of both in the future.” – Siri Hustvedt
- “If you’re willing to restrict the flexibility of your approach, you can almost always do something better.” – John Carmack
- “English has more flexibility. It’s a very plastic, very shapeable, very expressive language. In that sense it feels quite natural.” – Ha Jin
- “The flexibility we gain in asana is the living symbol of the suppleness we gain in relation to life’s problems and challenges.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Even though we require flexibility to negotiate our changing circumstances, we are rather built to anxiously turn away from alternatives.” – Eric Maisel
- “Flexibility is an essential part of Jazz. It’s what gives Jazz music the ability to combine with all other types of music and not lose its identity.” – Wynton Marsalis
- “The very flexibility and ease which make men’s friendships so agreeable while they endure, make them the easier to destroy and forget.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The mental flexibility of the wise man permits him to keep an open mind and enables him to readjust himself whenever it becomes necessary for a change.” – Malcolm X
- “The brain’s strong point is its flexibility. It is unsurpassed at making shrewd guesses and at grasping the total meaning of information presented to it.” – Jeremy Campbell
- “Scheduling flexibility is the single greatest non-financial tool — and the number-one dream-job factor — at your disposal for winning battles in the talent wars. Use it.” – Bruce Tulgan
- “Training for strength and flexibility is a must. You must use it to support your techniques. Techniques alone are no good if you don’t support them with strength and flexibility.” – Bruce Lee
- “The quickness and flexibility of a well mind, a belief or hope that things will eventually sort themselves out-these are the resources lost to a person when the brain is ill.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
- “Yes, flexibility of body and physical perfection for Yogasana is important. However more important is the state of your mind, the Meditative mind. Your flexibility might be excellent but if your mind is not attentive, you are merely doing some physical exercise, not Yoga.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “The hallmark of creative people is their mental flexibility… Sometimes they are open and probing, at others they’re playful and off-the-wall. At still other times, they’re critical and fault-finding. And finally they’re doggedly persistent in striving to reach their goals.’” – Roger von Oech
Just like having a flexible body with yoga practice and exercise can increase your flexibility and make you stronger, similarly when you have mental flexibility you can stretch your perspective to new dimensions.
What are your favorite inspirational quotes from the list above?
Don’t forget to check out our collection of inner strength quotes and best balance quotes to encourage you to maintain equilibrium in all aspects of life.
Feel free to share these quotes and memes with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more to spread positive vibes about success, hard work, and persistence.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.