Looking for inspirational quotes about surviving all adversities in life? We have rounded up the best collection of survival quotes, sayings, captions, and messages, (with images and pictures) to motivate you to keep going in hard times.
Life is all about challenges and withstanding tough situations. Whether it’s a financial crisis, emotional stress, or business failure, there are many circumstances that we have to endure and keep going on to survive.
Survival means the state or fact of continuing to live or exist, typically in spite of an accident, ordeal, or difficult circumstances.
Also See: Winning Quotes
So it is used in different perspectives of life where we need physical and mental strength to survive the adversities life puts us in.
With the right mindset and inner strength, patience, and perseverance, we can overcome all struggles in life.
As the popular concept in the Darwinian theory of evolution says; Survival Of The Fittest which means; the continued existence of organisms that are best adapted to their environment, with the extinction of others.
To survive any situation in life we need to adapt ourselves to continuously changing situations.
These quotes emphasize the importance of adaptability in the face of challenges and remind us that survival often requires flexibility and resourcefulness.
Famous Survival Quotes
- “Moving forward is the only way to survive.”
- “Escapism is survival to me.” – Johnny Depp
- “We’ll survive, You and I.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Remember to live while you’re busy surviving.” – Unknown
- “Behind every scar, is a untold story of survival.” – Unknown
- “Survival is a four letter word.” – Alexis De Veaux
- “Credibility is a basic survival tool.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “We each survive in our own way.” – Sarah J. Maas
- “Survival is nothing more than recovery.” – Dianne Feinstein
- “Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” – Carl Sagan
- “Survival is the ability to swim in strange water.” – Frank Herbert
- “But part of surviving is being able to move on.” – Alexandra Bracken
- “Kill the part of you that believes it can’t survive without someone else.”
- “If we truly trust no one, we cannot survive.” – Megan Whalen Turner
- “There are many ways to survive as there are survivors.” – Amanda Robb
- “Humor is one of the best ingredients of survival.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
- “Survival was my only hope, success my only revenge.” – Patricia Cornwell
- “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” – Nikita Khrushchev
- “People will do amazing things to ensure their survival.” – Patricia Briggs
- “The rules of survival never change, whether you’re in a desert or in an arena.” – Bear Grylls
- “A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived.” – Chris Cleave
- “When you’re in survival mode, you numb yourself.” – Clemantine Wamariya
- “You have to have an attitude that nothing’s gonna stop me.” – Melissa De Sousa
- “The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool.” – Jane Wagner
- “They tried to bury us. They didn’t know we were seeds.” – Dinos Christianopoulos
- “When all choices is taken from you, life becomes a game of survival.” – Ellen Hopkins
- “Living in a small town, one of the keys to survival was your imagination.” – Nick Nolte
- “She lives for this-the fight, the battle for survival. She actually enjoys it.” – Lauren Oliver
- “To survive it is often necessary to fight and to fight you have to dirty yourself.” – George Orwell
- “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.” – Rodney A. Winters
- “Fear is always there; it’s a survival instinct. You just need to know how to manage it.” – Jimmy Chin
Popular Quotes About Survival
- “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision, getting on and doing it.” – Bear Grylls
- “You owe no one an explanation, a reason, a defence for who you become after you survive.” – Nikita Gill
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama
- “Connections with other people affect not only the quality of our lives but also our survival.” – Dean Ornish
- “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The key to the survival of liberty in the modern world is the embrace of multiple identities.” – Timothy Garton Ash
- “Survival can be summed up in three words – never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” – Bear Grylls
- “Sustainability is the key to our survival on this planet and will also determine success on all levels.” – Shari Arison
- “The more we exploit nature, The more our options are reduced, until we have only one: to fight for survival.” – Mo Udall
- “To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.” – Wendell Berry
- “We do not live to think, but, on the contrary, we think in order that we may succeed in surviving.” – José Ortega y Gasset
- “In the kind of world we have today, transformation of humanity might well be our only real hope for survival.” – Stanislav Grof
- “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” – Virginia Satir
- “I fight on emotions. When I don’t fight on emotions, I don’t fight well. I fight on emotion, because I’m in for survival.” – Tito Ortiz
- “Survival is not just a physical thing. It’s a constant mental affair. So, I kind of really draw a lot of power from that word.” – Parvathy
- “Self-interest is but the survival of the animal in us. Humanity only begins for man with self-surrender.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “You know, one race will not be a survivor if the other one dies, and that’s something that we should think about.” – Alice Walker
- “The man who goes a foot, prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather, is the most independent fellow on earth.” – Horace Kephart
- “Survival, in the cool economics of biology, means simply the persistence of one’s own genes in the generations to follow.” – Lewis Thomas
- “Survival is a privilege which entails obligations. I am forever asking myself what I can do for those who have not survived.” – Simon Wiesenthal
- “In a world where change is inevitable and continuous, the need to achieve that change without violence is essential for survival.” – Andrew Young
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “It angers me when sustainability gets used as a buzzword. For 90 percent of the world, sustainability is a matter of survival.” – Cameron Sinclair
- “The human being is very resourceful. When you fight for survival, you don’t think much; you just do. If you think too much, you sink.” – Frank Lowy
- “Survival requires us to leave our prejudices at home. It’s about doing whatever it takes, and ultimately those with the biggest heart will win.” – Bear Grylls
- “The ability to sympathize with those around us seems crucial to our survival, and it’s connected to the mirroring functions of the brain.” – Jay Parini
- “Everyday is a new day of life, every day is new challenge of life for survival, this is an example nothing is permanent in our life.” – Sujit Kumar Mishra
- “At this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved.” – Nina Simone
- “Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.” – Winston Churchill
- “You have to seed internal disruptors. You need sources of internal disruption. They don’t guarantee your survival, but you have got to try.” – Anand Mahindra
Best Quotes For Survivors
Be it a relationship, a business, or an individual, anyone can stand the test of time and come out as a winner with determination and endurance.
We have seen a lot of cancer survivors, who have changed the game with their positive mental attitude and strength. When we do not give up then we will finish strong.
- “Survival starts by paying attention to what is close at hand and immediate. To look out with idle hope is tantamount to dreaming one’s life away.” – Yann Martel
- “In the game of life, less diversity means fewer options for change. Wild or domesticated, panda or pea, adaptation is the requirement for survival.” – Cary Fowler
- “One thing you have to realize from now on is that it doesn’t matter if this is a dream or not. Survival depends on what you do, not what you think.” – Rebecca McKinsey
- “They claim this mother of ours, the Earth, for their own use, and fence their neighbors away from her, and deface her with their buildings and their refuse.” – Sitting Bull
- “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision, getting on and doing it because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be.” – Bear Grylls
- “Most of us can hide our greatest hurts and longings. It’s how we survive each day. We pretend the pain isn’t there, that we are made of scars instead of wounds.” – Leigh Bardugo
- “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.” – Debbi Fields
- “Bad things happen. And the human brain is especially adept at making sure that we keep track of these events. This is an adaptive mechanism important for survival.” – David Perlmutter
- “Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” – Bill Cosby
- “Fear is a part of life. It’s a warning mechanism. That’s all. It tells you when there’s danger around. Its job is to help you survive. Not cripple you into being unable to do it.” – Jim Butcher
- “Earth is abundant with plentiful resources. Our practice of rationing resources through monetary control is no longer relevant and is counterproductive to our survival.” – Jacque Fresco
- “To have endured horrors, to have seen the worst of humanity and have your life made unrecognizable by it, to come out of all that honorable and brave, that was magical.” – Ransom Riggs
- “Fears, insecurities, and the need to please can rule our lives. Our society is economically and socially set up for us to live under these pressures in order to maintain its control and survival.” – Tara Stiles
- “In our struggle to restrain the violence and contain the damage, we tend to forget that the human capacity for aggression is more than a monstrous defect, that it is also a crucial survival tool.” – Katherine Dunn
- “There’s nothing wrong with struggle. Anytime I look back at a difficult phase of my life and see what grew out of it, the creative survival tactics, I think that the good is way better than the bad.” – Esperanza Spalding
- “That survival instinct, that will to live, that need to get back to life again, is more powerful than any consideration of taste, decency, politeness, manners, civility. Anything. It’s such a powerful force.” – Danny Boyle
- “Survival is the celebration of choosing life over death. We know we’re going to die. We all die. But survival is saying: perhaps not today. In that sense, survivors don’t defeat death, they come to terms with it.” – Laurence Gonzales
Only The Strong Survive Quotes
Be it any life situation, resilience in aid of survival appears as a necessity. When we are strong from within and outside, we have the strength to endure all challenges.
Strong men and strong women can survive when they have the courage to move on even in hard times.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of getting stronger quotes to motivate you big time to work hard and give in your all to be successful.
- “The strong survive, but the courageous triumph.” – Michael Scott
- “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “I’m a survivor, at least that’s what everyone tells me.” – Courtney Love
- “The weak fall, but the strong will remain and never go under.” – Anne Frank
- “The weak die out and the strong will survive and will live on forever.” – Anne Frank
- “We would survive even ourselves, as long as we were together.” – Hannah Lillith Assadi
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “The feat of surviving is directly related to the capacity of the survivor.” – Claire Cameron
- “Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.” – Cassandra Clare
- “Knowledge is power, community is strength and positive attitude is everything.” – Lance Armstrong
- “We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.” – Winston Churchill
- “Anyone worth knowing breaks once. Once. No shame, no foul if you survive it. You did.” – Karen Marie Moning
- “Keeping an active mind has been vital to my survival, as has been maintaining a sense of humor.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Survivors aren’t always the strongest; sometimes they’re the smartest, but more often simply the luckiest.” – Carrie Ryan
- “It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” – Leon C. Megginson
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “Surviving a failure gives you more self-confidence. Failures are great learning tools.. but they must be kept to a minimum.” – Jeffrey Immelt
- “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
- “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome.” – Isabel Allende
Best Survival of The Fittest Quotes
There is some moment in life when one might of ending life. If you have survived suicide, or have had a narrow escape from death and come out as a survivor, then these words of motivation will help you keep up the spirit.
Even in the pandemic, where millions of lives were impacted by Covid-19, we could survive only if we were adaptive to changes and had the required immunity to fight it out.
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “There are all these moments you think you won’t survive. And then you survive.”
- “I suffered. I learned. I changed. Life goes on. And I will survive through it. I will.”
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “We need to be fit and ready for anything that might come our way.” – Aaron B. Powell
- “Life comes from physical survival; but the good life comes from what we care about.” – Rollo May
- “I used to tell myself – boy, if you can survive this, you can survive anything at all.”- Tom Lichtenberg
- “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
- “We cannot survive if we are entirely isolated. History tells us we must engage with the outside world.” – Paolo Bacigalupi
- “Adaptability and constant innovation is key to the survival of any company operating in a competitive market.” – Shiv Nadar
- “Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking.” – Anita Roddick
- “When sustainability is viewed as being a matter of survival for your business, I believe you can create massive change.” – Cameron Sinclair
- “Extraordinary people survive under the most terrible circumstances and they become more extraordinary because of it.” – Robertson Davies
- “I’ve come to learn from my own experiences and those around me that it’s not about survival of the fittest but about who can adapt the best to change.” – Natalya Neidhart
- “And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “The unrestricted competition so commonly advocated does not leave us the survival of the fittest. The unscrupulous succeed best in accumulating wealth.” – Rutherford B. Hayes
- “When you’re placed in a world where survival is the main focus, a lot of that other stuff, like wrongdoings in the past, become obsolete. You have to focus on the here and now.” – Alycia Debnam-Carey
- “I am someone who always gets up again, even if there are setbacks. I have a survivor instinct. I’m not sure where it comes from, but probably from all the little things that make you into who you are.” – Heidi Klum
- “In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies. And when you’re surrounded by carnivores, one of the best strategies is to fade into the background and disappear.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
Survival is a fundamental instinct that drives us to persevere through challenging situations and overcome adversity.
Throughout history, individuals have faced unimaginable hardships and have drawn strength from their resilience and determination to survive.
Quotes about survival can offer inspiration and motivation to those who are facing difficult circumstances and can remind us of the strength and resilience of the human spirit.
These amazing quotations about survival also cover topics like nature survival quotes, funny survival quotes, powerful quotes about survival in hard times, business survival quotes, and more to give to the right motivation to endure and move on.
Let us know which of the above sayings and quotes you resonate the most with. If you have a quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, and more to raise more awareness.