Looking for inspirational anti-cancel culture quotes? We have rounded up the best collection of cancel culture quotes, phrases, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) that will give you a fresh perspective on the new call-out culture.
Cancel culture or call-out culture is a phrase contemporary used to refer to a form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person.
Also See: Bullying Quotes
Those subject to this ostracism are said to have been “canceled”. Canceling culture means the removal of support for public figures in response to their objectionable behavior or opinions. This can include boycotts to promote their work.
There are a lot of people who advocate cancel culture and a group of people who oppose the concept. The debate on the pros and cons of this culture is endless.
Best Cancel Culture Quotes
- “Cancel culture is toxic and needs to be stopped.” ― Unknown
- “Cancel culture stems from the limiting belief that we have to be perfect to matter.” ― Unknown
- “Cancel culture is a real thing. Your digital footprint is your legacy, so think before you post.” ― Germany Kent
- “Cancel culture is not actually about justice. It is about control. People use cancellation to force conformity to ideals.” ― Teal Swan
- “Cancel culture is a pretentious form of bullying.” ― Unknown
- “Cancel culture is a term bounced around by people afraid of accountability. But freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.” ― Monisha Rajesh
- “What a sad generation. In the olden days. We used to learn from our mistakes. These days you get canceled for your mistakes.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
- “People have gone down this spiral of cancel culture and the idea that everything is offensive.” ― Bianca Del Rio
- “Cancel Culture grows because we accept (and gluttonously consume) social violence. We no longer seek truth or both sides of a story. Whichever side is loudest, wins… regardless of its relationship to the truth.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “We live in a generation of emotionally weak people. Everything has to be watered down because it’s offensive, including the truth.”- Unknown
- “The term “cancel culture” is a right-wing American term. It’s a term crafted to gaslight and vilify changing progressive voice. There’s no such thing as “cancel culture”. It’s “consequence culture”” ― Annastacia Dickerson
- “Our society is built on the values of free speech and mutual respect, but cancel culture rejects both. In place of free speech, it demands conformity. Instead of mutual respect, it tears people down.” ― Nikki Haley
- “The cancel culture is a radicalized stance based on the insecurities of an agenda that is too weak to entertain anything other than its own indefensible platform.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
Famous Quotes On Cancel Culture
- “Cancel culture needs to stop.” ― Unknown
- “Why should everything that happens be the entire world’s business?” ― Philip Wyeth
- “Do I hate the speech? Or do I hate the truth within the speech?” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Most of the abuse on social media is generated by narcissists.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “When someone else seeks to control what I see or hear, I have to assume they think they’re superior and I’m too stupid to make up my own mind.” ― Kim N
- “A cancel culture is people who have failed in life. People who failed to accomplish anything good. People who have failed to be themselves and to accept themselves. There is no successful person, Who can try to take away someone’s plate or who can try to destroy what someone has built, because they know what does it take to accomplish and to achieve something.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
- “Woke and cancel culture are both signs of a judgmental culture, not a mentally mature one. A world where you cannot even speak to another person without worrying about what they are going to think of you, has not advanced much from the days when the white people used to own slaves. Let me tell you this, if you are kind, if you are compassionate, if you hold no discrimination towards people whatsoever, then you have no reason to worry about whether you are woke enough.” ― Abhijit Naskar
- “In recent years, the term “woke” has been widely used to describe those who’ve attained doctrinal purity in regard to the social justice movement. While that movement is secular, it seems to fulfill many of the psycho-spiritual appetites once served by religion.” ― Sky Gilbert
- “Social media is the supreme triumph of the commonplace, the undiluted voice of the commonplace, the perfect means of viral transmission of the commonplace. All excellence is tracked down and exterminated. The commonplace infects everything. It grows like weeds everywhere and strangles all beautiful, exceptional flowers. All tall poppies are all cut down.” ― Joe Dixon
- “Disagreement is necessary in deliberations among mortals. As the saying goes, the more we disagree, the more chance there is that at least one of us is right.” ― Steven Pinker
- “Suffering does amazing things to people, they become very different in a very short period of time, in many cases, they get a lot wiser an a lot braver and become very much more worth listening to.” ― Tucker Carlson
- “Cancel Culture doesn’t really exist. It’s a myth created by people who have been used to saying whatever they want without being challenged and are now surprised when there are consequences to their words. Rowling is still a very rich bestselling author with a massive platform.” ― Natasha Devon
- “Cancel culture has always been an issue. I mean, if you look at the Book of Genesis, Cain canceled Abel. This has always been an issue, the ‘I don’t like you, I don’t like what you’re doing, I don’t like the attention that you’re getting, so you shouldn’t be here. You shouldn’t have a voice. You shouldn’t have a movement.” ― Lauren Boeber
More About Cancel Culture;
“Cancel culture” puts a modern spin on the age-old social dynamics of public shaming.
The phrase “cancel culture” is said to have originated from a relatively obscure slang term – “cancel,” referring to breaking up with someone – used in a 1980s song.
Cancel culture is “promoting the ‘canceling’ of celebrities, shows or brands, movies due to what some consider to be offensive or problematic remarks or ideologies”.
The reason for cancellation can vary, but it usually is due to the person in question having expressed an objectionable opinion, or having conducted themselves in a way that is unacceptable so that continuing to patronize that person’s work leaves a bitter taste.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.