Read the best collection of restless quotes, sayings, and captions that can help you calm down and create a more peaceful state of mind.
If you’re anything like the majority of people, you’ve probably experienced the feeling of restlessness at some point in your life. For some of us, it’s a feeling that comes and goes. For others, it’s a feeling that seems to stick around for long periods.
Also Check: Deep 3 AM Thoughts
Restlessness is a feeling of being agitated or uneasy that can be caused by many factors. It can manifest itself in physical symptoms such as fatigue, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.
This feeling can be caused by a variety of factors, such as boredom, stress, anxiety, or a desire for change.
Also See: Edgy Quotes
Being restless and fidgety can be a difficult emotion to deal with, especially when it seems like there is no way out. Fortunately, there are several ways to manage your restlessness and find peace of mind.
From simple breathing exercises to engaging activities like practicing mindfulness, these strategies can help you gain control over your emotions and get back on track.
These inspirational quotes about being restless will help you calm your mind and come out of the feeling of discomfort and restlessness.
Top 10 Restless Quotes
- “A ruffled mind is a restless pillow.” ― Charlotte Bronte
- “Our heart is restless until it rests in You.” ― Saint Augustine
- “A restless soul, a tired body, and a brain full of overthinking.” ― Unknown
- “You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The unorganized mind will always be restless until its content is reordered.” ― Ervin Seale
- “There is something about a closet that makes a skeleton terribly restless.” ― Wilson Mizner
- “This restless soul has a mastery of wandering, but all it’s ever wanted to know is how to be still.” ― Jessica Katoff
- “The mind is easily distracted; it loses its focus and becomes restless. If it is not directed positively, its power will be diffused.” ― Chin-Ning Chu
- “Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.” ― Thomas A. Edison
- “My soul is impatient with itself, as with a bothersome child; its restlessness keeps growing and is forever the same. Everything interests me, but nothing holds me. I attend to everything, dreaming all the while.” ― Fernando Pessoa
Quotes About Feeling Restless
- “Man is a restless creature, nomadic at heart.” ― Tash Aw
- “Humans are driven by a perpetual and restless desire of power.” ― Thomas Hobbes
- “As one becomes increasingly unsteady (restless), one increases entanglements.” ― Dada Bhagwan
- “A restless spirit who can’t reach his goal, can’t find a home until I’ve found my soul.” ― Ray Davies
- “When I am unwilling to do the right thing, I become restless, irritable, and discontent.” ― Bill Wilson
- “Feeling irritated, restless, afraid, and hopeless is a reminder to listen more carefully.” ― Pema Chodron
- “I could not help it: the restlessness was in my nature; it agitated me to pain sometimes.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “Restless thoughts are a kind of mental ‘static’ which must be silenced if we are to hear the whispers of our inner self.” ― John Novak
- “As a broken microphone cannot broadcast a message, so a restless mind cannot transmit prayers to God.” ― Paramahansa Yogananda
- “If we persist in our restless desire to know everything about the universe and ourselves, then we must not be afraid of what the artist brings back from his voyage of discovery.” ― Herbert Read
Restlessness Quotes For Tired Minds
The quotes about feeling restless are often insightful and thought-provoking, offering a fresh perspective on the experience and helping us to understand and come to terms with it.
- “The creative mind is restless.” ― Rishi Kapoor
- “The one who never repents shall be the one who never sleeps.” ― Charles Lee
- “A restless mind makes a problem of a resting body.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy.” ― Elisabeth Elliot
- “Evil is always devising more corrosive misery through man’s restless need to exact revenge out of his hate.” ― Ralph Steadman
- “Be always restless, unsatisfied, unconforming. Whenever a habit becomes convenient, smash it! The greatest sin of all is satisfaction.” ― Nikos Kazantzakis
- “When you are lonely for a while don’t get restless, if you had born alone, you are going to die alone then for sometime you can certainly live alone.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “He who keeps his heart near God will find peace and tranquility, whilst he who gives his heart to the people will find restlessness and apprehension.” ― Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
- “If you become restless, speed up. If you become winded, slow down. You climb the mountain in an equilibrium between restlessness and exhaustion.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
- “When you feel restless, not knowing what’s next… you are about to give birth to a new creation, a new you. You’re expanding. Your soul knows what it’s doing. Trust in the process.” ― Unknown
Restless Heart Quotes
- “Boredom makes me sleepy or restless.” ― Mason Cooley
- “I am a restless soul hungry perhaps wretched.” ― Bob Dylan
- “In a restless heart the seed of betrayal lay.” ― Bruce Springsteen
- “Inside my restless soul, my heart is dying a million deaths!” ― Suhail Rather
- “I’m restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again.” ― Anais Nin
- “A man’s body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and as restless as ever.” ― Michael Caine
- “The search for God means having the courage to set out on a risky path, it means following our restless hearts.” ― Pope Francis
- “When we are feeling stuck, the universe sometimes gets in the way and surprises you with a brutal kick, to get you moving.” ― Unknown
- “It all takes time and lessons and places, but I’m learning to listen to my restless heart, telling me to “go, go, go!” ― Charlotte Eriksson
- “Your thoughts make me miss you. I feel pain. And I feel restless. As if a part of me is incomplete without you. Then I feel deeper pain. And then I become soulful! You will always be an unfinished part of me.” ― Avijeet Das
More Inspirational Quotes
Restlessness is an uncomfortable feeling that can be caused by a range of physical, mental, or emotional factors.
However, there are several strategies and tips that can help you overcome and manage feelings of restlessness.
If you think you can relate to these insightful and uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.