Read the best collection of archery quotes, sayings, and captions for Instagram (with images and pictures) to inspire you to aim high in life, hit the bull’s eye, and achieve your target.
Archery is the sport, skill, or practice of using a bow to shoot arrows. The word Archery comes from the Latin word arcus which means bow.
Also Check: Aim High Quotes
From hunting for food to warfare to sports, archery has been an essential skill that has stood the test of time.
Archery has been around since ancient times, and it is still a popular sport today. It requires skill, stamina, and precision in order to hit the target accurately.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced archer, there is something for everyone in this challenging sport. With practice and dedication, you can become an expert archer who can compete with the best of them.
Archery is a great way to stay active and hone your focus and concentration skills. It can also be enjoyed as a recreational activity with friends or family members.
These inspirational archery quotes can be used to motivate and encourage people to take up the sport as a hobby, or simply just to appreciate its beauty.
In this article, we will explore some of the best archery quotes from famous people throughout history.
Top 10 Archery Quotes
- “I don’t wear bows, I shoot them!” ― Unknown
- “Forget the last arrow, only the next one counts.” — Archery Insiders
- “The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.” ― Fred Bear
- “A good archer is known not by his arrows but by his aim.” ― Thomas Fuller
- “Archery does not get difficult or hard to understand until the arrow misses.” — Milan E. Elott
- “The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood.” ― Sebastien de Castell, Traitor’s Blade
- “In the case of archery, the hitter and the hit are no longer two opposing objects, but are one reality.” — Eugen Herrigel
- “Archery is like a journey, it begins with a love for shooting a bow and a passion for watching our arrows fly.” — Ron Laclair
- “You have to relax when you’re shooting an arrow. You can’t be tense. And that just helps, in your day-to-day life.” — Stephen Amell
- “So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of man.” — Maurice Thompson
Famous Quotes On Archery
- “There is no excellence in archery without great labour.” — Maurice Thompson
- “Life is like an arrow, the farther back you’re pulled, the farther forward you will end up.” — Unknown
- “Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands.” — Nigerian Proverb
- “The archer sees the make upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “If you would hit the mark [at long range], you must aim a little above it: Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “It concerns us to know the purposes we seek in life, for then, like archers aiming at a definite mark, we shall be more likely to attain what we want.” ― Aristotle
- “Whether you are a beginning, intermediate, or even advanced archer, Archery will give you something that’s almost impossible to find elsewhere.” — USA Archery
- “A bow has no conscience. It is a prolongation of the hand and desire of the archer. It can serve to kill or to meditate. Therefore, always be clear about your intentions.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Don’t think of what you have to do, don’t consider how to carry it out! The shot will only go smoothly when it takes the archer himself by surprise.” — Eugen Herrigel, ‘Zen In The Art Of Archery’
- “The main thing about archery is a battle with yourself. You can ruin it all. Once you have learned the technique, the point is to re-create the perfect technique over and over and over.” — Geena Davis
Best Bow And Arrow Quotes
These archery quotes, along with many others, remind us of the importance of this ancient art and its enduring relevance in modern times.
Whether you are a seasoned archer or a beginner, these quotes can provide inspiration, guidance, and a deeper appreciation for the sport of archery.
- “Grip it, rip it, put it in the wind!” ― Unknown
- “The arrow is an extension of your soul.” ― Unknown
- “In the long run, you only hit what you aim at.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.” — Fred Bear
- “The worst thing is to try to shoot as well as your previous shot.” ― Unknown
- “Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back.” ― Unknown
- “Every arrow that hits the bull’s eye is the result of one hundred misses.” — Robin S. Sharma
- “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “An arrow is never afraid of shooting from the bow; but it is afraid of not reaching the target!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.” — Unknown
Funny Archery Quotes
- “The archer that shoots badly has a lie ready.” — Spanish Proverb
- “An archer cannot hit the bullseye if he doesn’t know where the target is.” — Unknown
- “It’s basic research: shoot an arrow in the air. Where it lands, paint a bullseye.” — Elizabeth Streb
- “No person learned the art of archery from me, who did not, in the end, make me his target.” — Saadi
- “I taught him archery every day, and when he got good at it he threw an arrow at me.” — Arabic Proverb
- “I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands. I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale.” — Curly Howard
- “Our mental discipline is matched only by our skill in archery… I only hope these are enough to withstand this awful trial.” — Stieg Hedlund
- “I can teach you to shoot better than the greatest archer in 30 minutes, provided we blindfold him and spin him around so he doesn’t know where the target is at.” — Peter Hill
- “In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns around and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself.” — Confucius
- “I’m not sure why anyone on the face of the planet would want to use a bow and arrow. I mean, it seems like a fairly limited field of expertise and usefulness unless your name is Katniss.” — Andrea Portes
Archery has been used since ancient times as a means for hunting and combat. In today’s time, it is more of a competitive sport and fun activity that is affordable for everyone.
These quotes about archery are a bullseye for archers, archery enthusiasts, and fans of the sport worldwide.
Which is your favorite archery quotation? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you think you can relate to these insightful and uplifting quotes and images feel free to share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.