Looking for quotes about loyal friends? We have rounded up the best collection of loyal friend quotes, sayings, captions for Instagram, and WhatsApp status messages, (with images, and pictures) to inspire you to be faithful and loyal to your friends.
Friends are a vital part of our lives. They are our support system, our confidants, and our partners in crime.
True friends are the ones who are always there for us, no matter what. They stand by us through thick and thin and support us in our highs and lows.
Loyalty is perhaps the most prized quality in any kind of relationship. If you are blessed with one blessed friend/BFF who stands by you in all ups and downs then you should always treasure your bond.
Also See: Relationship Loyalty Quotes
Being faithful, honest, and devoted to someone who you support all the time is being loyal. These loyalty quotes on friendship are motivational and heartfelt to express your appreciation for your loyal friend.
Related: Quotes About Trust
Loyal friends are a rare breed. They are the ones who go above and beyond for us, even when it’s not convenient for them.
They are the friends who stick with us through the toughest times, never judging or abandoning us.
Loyal friends are the ones we turn to when we need a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, or just someone to laugh with.
Top 10 Loyal Friend Quotes
- “Blessed is the one who has a loyal friend.”
- “All I want is good, honest, loyal friends.” – Aviv Nevo
- “You cannot do for a loyal friend.” – Henrik Johan Ibsen
- “One loyal friend is worth more than a thousand fake ones.”
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
- “A good friend will always stab you in the front.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Loyal friends are real friends and real friends are hard to find.”
- “Lucky are those who find a true loyal friend in this fake world.”
- “Loyalty is about people who stay true to you behind your back.”
Best Quotes On Loyal Friends
Quotes about loyal friends remind us of the importance of having these kinds of friends in our lives.
They inspire us to be better friends ourselves and to cherish the people who stand by us, no matter what.
From humorous quips to heartfelt musings, loyal friend quotes capture the essence of what it means to have a true friend.
- “True love and loyal friends are two of the hardest things to find.”
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
- “Any person who deserves my loyalty receives it.” – Joyce Maynard
- “Be a good friend. A really good, loyal, caring, honest and truly fabulous friend.”
- “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “There’s nothing more precious than a loyal friend. If you find one, cherish them.”
- “You give loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give love, you’ll get it back.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “They motivate us to play, be affectionate, seek adventure and be loyal.” – Tom Hayden
- “I’ve always felt that having a garden is like having a good and loyal friend.” – C. Z. Guest
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.” – Mark Twain
- “In friendship, you don’t need to find the most interesting one. Just find the most loyal one.”
- “A friend is someone who walks into a room when everyone else is walking out.” – Gary Moore
- “The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for.” – Mark Twain
- “True friendship isn’t about being there when it’s convenient, it’s about being there when it’s not.”
- “Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare – and precious as a pearl.” – Tahar Ben Jelloun
- “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
- “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” – John Lennon
- “Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” – Sharnay
- “Friends and come and go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.” – Proverbs 18.24 (Bible Verses)
- “Finding is a loyal friend is a hard as finding a teardrop in the ocean! If you have them, cherish them!”
- “Everybody that’s riding with you, ain’t riding for you. Let the gas run out and see who’ll help you push.”
- “Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest. It’s about who came and never left your side.”
- “We are all in the same boat, in a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” – Confucius
- “Within the hearts of men, loyalty and consideration are esteemed greater than success.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “F.R.I.E.N.D.S: Fight for you, respect you, include you, encourage you, need you, deserve you, stand by you.”
- “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks
- “A true friend is the only person who never gets tired of listening to your own pointless dramas over and over again.”
- “Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one’s nearest kin.” – Proverbs 18:24 (Bible Verses)
- “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their need of you… Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.”
- “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Life moves on, but memories don’t. You may have gone away but our friendship is right here… in my heart. I miss you.”
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”
- “Loyalty means I am down with you whether you are wrong or right, but I will tell you when you are wrong and help you get it right.”
- “If a man asks me for my loyalty…I will give him my honesty. If a man asks me for my honesty…I will give him my loyalty!” – John Boyd
- “When you already believe something, how can you suddenly stop? When you are a loyal friend, how can you no longer be one?” – Amy Tan
- “If you wanna find out who’s a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time… Then see who sticks around.” – Karen Salmonsohn
- “My desk, most loyal friend thank you. You’ve been with me on every road I’ve taken. My scar and my protection.” – Marina Tsvetaeva
- “People say true friends should always. but true friends don’t need to hold hands because they know that the other hand will always be there.”
- “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue – perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” – Milan Kundera
- “Happy birthday to a dear friend you will be special to me until the end. Celebrate today and know this is true, my life is blessed, because of you.”
- “Loyalty is what makes us trust, trust is what makes us stay, staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” – Glenn van Dekken
- “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” – Taylor Lautner
- “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” – Lauren Conrad
- “I know amazing people in fashion who are anything but fake. They are very real and very sensitive. They are happy and sad. They are loyal friends.” – Alber Elbaz
- “Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.” – John Spence
- “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
- “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
- “Not having to question someone’s loyalty and honesty is one of the most freeing feelings in the world and I’m grateful for everyone in my life who brings me that peace.”
- “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me- they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” – Veronica Roth
- “Lifelong Friend… Everyone has a friend during each stage of life, but only the lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life. Thank you for always being there for me!” – Sterling Silver
- “I count myself really fortunate that I have some lifelong friends. The best thing about a friend is when you are being your own worst enemy a friend can help snap you out of it.” – Amy Grant
- “Loyalty to the family must be merged into loyalty to the community, loyalty to the community into loyalty to the nation, and loyalty to the nation into loyalty to mankind.” – Thomas Cochrane
- “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing…that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Nouwen
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weakness.” – Ann Landers
“Time will explain it all. Waste no tears over the griefs of yesterday. One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other. Who so neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future.” – Euripides
Friendship And Loyalty Quotes
- “Silence is a true friend who never betrays.” – Confucius
- “Life is slippery. Here, take my hand.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Friendship with oneself is all important.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Fidelity purchased with money, money can destroy.” – Seneca
- “Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul.” – Pascal Mercier
- “Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty.” – Minna Antrim
- “Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer give a damn.”
- “I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The forest is my loyal friend. A Delphic shrine to me.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Those who don’t know the value of loyalty can never appreciate the cost of betrayal.”
- “My dogs have been my most loyal friends and constant companions.” – Cesar Millan
- “The only people to which I owe my loyalty are those who never made me question theirs.”
- “Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a life time.” – Mario Puzo
- “He was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a loyal friend; provided, of course, he really is dead.” – Voltaire
- “If you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I’ll like it or not.” – General Colin Powell
- “Be careful who you call your friends. I’d rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies.” – Al Capone
- “Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which increases with the setting sun of life.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
- “Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. If they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone.”
- “Keep what is worth keeping and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.” – Dinah Maria Murlock Craik
- “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks
- “Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you’re never friendless ever, if you have a dog.” – Douglas Malloch
- “You cannot buy loyalty. You cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” – Clarence Francis
- “When you ask God for a gift, Be thankful if he sends, Not diamonds, pearls or riches, but the love of real true friends.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “If alcohol is queen, then tobacco is her consort. It’s a fond companion for all occasions, a loyal friend through fair weather and foul.” – Luis Bunuel
- “Total loyalty is possible only when fidelity is emptied of all concrete content, from which changes of mind might naturally arise.” – Hannah Arendt
- “Cultivate solitude and quiet and a few sincere friends, rather than mob merriment, noise and thousands of nodding acquaintances.” – William Powell
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Yes, we must ever be friends; and of all who offer you friendship Let me be ever the first, the truest, the nearest and dearest.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Whither thou goest, I will go; Where thou diest, will I die And there will I be buried: The Angel do so to me, and more also, If aught but death part thee and me.” – Cassandra Clare
- “I’m an awfully loyal friend. Once I’ve started a relationship with someone, it’s like they are syrup and I’m a pancake. Their syrup gets into my pancake, so to speak.” – Warren Farrell
- “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart – the center of self-respect and human dignity.” – Maurice R. Franks
- “Loyalty is so important because it acts as an empowering energy that allows us to do incredible, brave things that otherwise would scare us. Loyalty teaches us to accept sacrifice with open heart whenever life tests our values.”
Looking for more trust quotes for relationships?
A loyal friend will always stand by you when times are tough. You know you can get through any low phase of your life, be it breakups, illnesses, and other life drama because they’ll always be there by your side.
A loyal friend might not agree with you all the time and they won’t always have the same opinions as yours, but they still want you to know the truth.
Let us know which of the above loyal friendship quotes you resonate the most with. If you have a quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and express your deepest appreciation for the bond you share with them.