Do you feel defeated and overwhelmed facing tragedies in life? Are you finding it difficult to get through tough times and rise above adversity? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. These inspirational tragedy quotes and sayings will inspire you to face challenges head-on and triumph over life’s hardships.
Life is beautiful but it’s not always a cakewalk. We all have to deal with our share of challenges and obstacles which life puts us into.
No matter what you do or who you are, life will put you in a situation that will be difficult to cope with – be it the tragedy of a death of a loved one, a broken relationship, or a tough task. This may make you sad, depressed and disappointed, or heartbroken.
But every new day gets you new hopes and gives you a chance to change and get back on your feet. Having a positive approach on a new day can help you sail through the stormy waters of life.
And remember that out of every tragedy comes something good. As quoted by Charlie Chaplin “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”
It just means that whenever you face hardships in life keep your head up, and don’t quit. One day in the future when you think about the obstacles you have overcome it will just bring tears of joy.
These encouraging quotes about tragedy and triumph will motivate you to keep fighting, never give up, and always believe in your resilience and strength.
The most important part of facing a tragedy is learning to get past it. Some inspiring words about overcoming tragedies in life can always change your mood and uplift your spirits during tough times and motivate you to face difficult situations.
Here is a list of some best tragedy quotes that will remind you that there is light at the end of the tunnel and help you achieve triumph after sorrow.
Top 10 Tragedy Quotes
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” — Ovid
- “We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen.” ― D. H. Lawrence
- “The only thing tragedy gives us is the opportunity to rebuild our life.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.” — Charlie Chaplin
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” — Maya Angelou
- “Tragedy is like strong acid – it dissolves away all but the very gold of truth.” — D. H. Lawrence
- “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” ― Albert Camus
- “There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it.” — George Bernard Shaw
Best Quotes About Tragedy
- “You are so much more than what you are going through.” ― John Tew
- “Adversity quickens the mind, awakens the spirit and strength the soul.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” — Horace Walpole
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.” — Robert F. Kennedy
- “Tragedy, for me, is not a conflict between right and wrong, but between two different kinds of right.” — Peter Shaffer
- “In this world, there are two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. The last is much the worst.” — Oscar Wilde
- “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Tragedy and comedy are simply questions of value; a little misfit in life makes us laugh; a great one is tragedy and cause for expression of grief.” — Elbert Hubbard
- “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.” — Dalai Lama XIV
Tragedy Of Life Quotes
- “Wear your tragedies ARMOR, not shackles.” — Unknown
- “Sometimes in tragedy, we find out life’s purpose.” — Robert Brault
- “The real tragedy would be not appreciating what you have.” — Joe Goldberg
- “The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.” — Albert Schweitzer
- “The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Life’s tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “You get tragedy where the tree, instead of bending, breaks.” — Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “It will be a tragedy to face a life of failure and to miss out on the best things it has to offer.” — Unknown
- “Reality is just a nice way of saying “tragedy.” The truth is, people are vain and mean!” — Maki Murakami
- “The tragedy is not that things are broken. The tragedy is that things are not mended again.” — Alan Paton
- “The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.” — W. Somerset Maugham
- “A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end.” — Aristotle
- “There should never be a time in your life that a person is not available. The fact that a human being can say the words ‘no one is there for me’ is a tragedy.” — Teal Swan
- “The effort to understand the Universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy.”— Steven Weinberg
- “Death is not the greatest tragedy in life. The greatest tragedy is what dies inside us while we live.” — Norman Cousins
More Inspirational Quotes
It’s important to remember that tragedy is a part of the human experience, and it can happen to anyone. During these difficult times, seeking support from friends, family, or professional help can be crucial for healing and moving forward.
Additionally, resilience and strength often emerge from adversity, helping individuals grow and develop in the face of tragedy.
Which of these famous tragedy quotes and sayings is your favorite? Do you have any other favorite quote that you want to add to the list?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below. Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.