120 Patience Quotes To Be Patient In Love, Life, and Success
Looking for meaningful quotes about being patient? We have rounded up the best collection of patience quotes, sayings, proverbs, and captions (with images and pictures) which will reflect on the importance of being patient in love, realtionship, and life.
Patience is one of the greatest virtues a person can have. Patience is defined as the quality of being patient and to stay calm and not get angry, especially when there is a difficulty or you have to wait a long time.
Maintaing your endurance and calmness in times of shortcomings, misfortune, or pain, without complaint is true patience.
Also See: Be Calm Quotes
However, it is not easy to be patient when you face setbacks, failures or things which don’t go your way. But a person who is patient and understanding doesn’t lose their calm in such situations, instead, they patiently wait for things to turn out right.
Patience is a rare quality, and not everyone possesses it. But with practice and mainting your composure in stressful times, you can surely unleash the power of patience and see success come your way.
We have divided these inspirational quotes on patience into these secitons;
- Famous Patience Quotes
- Quotes About About Patience
- Patience Is A Virtue Quotes
- Quotes About Being Patient
- Relationship Patience Quotes
- Funny Patience Quotes
- Bible Quotes About Patience
Don’t forget to check out our collection of spiritual awakening quotes and fresh air quotes to enlighten your soul, body and mind in the midst of mother nature.
Most Famous Patience Quotes
- “Be patient. Some things take time.”
- “Patience is a key element of success.”- Bill Gates
- “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”- Aristotle
- “Patience and time do more than strength and passion.”
- “Everthing comes to you at the right time. Be patient..” – Unknown
- “Have patience with all things, but, first with yourself.” – Saint Francis De Sales
- “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.”- Plautus
- “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.”- Molière
- “Nature never rushes, yet everything gets done.”- Lao Tzu
- “Patience is the companion of wisdom.”- Saint Augustine
- “To lose patience is to lose the battle.”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “Trees that are slow to grow to bear the best fruit.”- Molière
- “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.”- Greek proverb
- “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.”- Daisaku Ikeda
- “Our patience will achieve more than our force.”- Edmund Burke
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.”- Ovid
- “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.”- Saadi
- “Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains.”- William Penn
- “Patience teaches us to turn provocations into invocations, to transform frustrations into celebrations.”- William Arthur Ward
- “Patience with others is love, patience with self is hope, patience with God is faith.” – Adel Bestavros
- “Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” ― George Bernard Shaw
- “Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” ― Joyce Meyer
- “God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait.” – Unknown
Inspiring Quotes About Patience
Life will always put us all in uncomfortable situations and challenges. But we don’t give in the moment of anger, anxiety and panic, we become resilient. Being patient in testing times is the greatest quality one can possess, because with endurance tough times change to better days.
Lack of patience is seen mostly in all age groups, but a lot seen in teens, youth and young people, who get impatient when something doesn’t go according to their expectations.
But the wise people and leaders have always emphasized the importance of being patient in all aspects of life, be it business, work, education, or love realtionship. Patience is a virtue and a skill that can be learned and mastered by anyone.
Good things take time, so don’t rush. Over-reacting to situations, being restless, being judgemental, not being a good listner are some signs of impatience.
- “He that can have patience can have what he will.”- Benjamin Franklin
- “The stock market is a device which transfers money from the impatient to the patient.” – Warren Buffet
- “Patience is a bitter plant that produces sweet fruit.” – Charles Swindoll
- “The hardest test in life is having the patience to wait for the right moment.”
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Patience is when you’re supposed to get mad, but you choose to understand.”
- “The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”- Leo Tolstoy
- “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.”- George Savile
- “Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience.”- George-Louis de Buffon
- “If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought.”- Isaac Newton
- “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”- Bruce Lee
- “Don’t try to rush things: for the cup to run over, it must first be filled.”- Antonio Machado
- “We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.”- Helen Keller
- “Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.”- Soren Kierkegaard
- “When it comes to patience, we don’t have to change old habits; we can build better ones.”- Sue Bender
- “Knowing trees, I came to realize, understand and appreciate the act of patience.”- Ogwo David Emenike
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.”- Stephen Covey
- “When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They’re opportunities to learn patience.”- Scott Curran
Patience Is A Virtue Quotes
The ability to wait for something without frustration is a useful skill and a good aspect of one’s personality. Being patient and showing self-control and tolerance in times of impulse or anger is a great quality.
Patience improves your ability to accept setbacks and enjoy life much more. There is a saying; “Good things come to those who wait.” So patience is seen as a great virtue and these famous quotes by poets, authors, leaders, inspire you with their words of wisdom to show restraint and composure in life.
- “All things come to those who wait.”- Violet Fane
- “Patience is a conquering virtue.”- Geoffrey Chaucer
- “Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it’s cowardice.”- George Jackson
- “Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.”- Elon Musk
- “Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.”- Ambrose Bierce
- “Patience is a virtue, but impatience gets things done.”- Chelsea Clinton
- “Patience is the virtue of an ass that trots beneath his burden, and is quiet.”- George Granville
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.”- Napoleon Hill
- “Patience is a virtue. Keep doing what you want to do and eventually things will happen.”- Arian Foster
- “Impatience may be a virtue if you have to write for today’s generation.”- Haresh Sippy
- “Patience is a virtue, but there comes a moment when you must stop being patient and take the day by the throat and shake it. If it fights back; fine. I’d rather end up bloody at the end of the day, then unhurt with no progress made, no knowledge gained. I’d rather have a no, then nothing. I’d forgotten that about myself.” ― Laurell K Hamilton
Insightful Quotes About Being Patient
Taking time to understand things with a calm mind will help you not to blow out of proportion the problems.
These wise words of wisdom will surely help you to get a grip over your emotions and stop being impatient. We lose control over our minds, thought and tongue, when we behave impatiently.
Also See: Anxiety Quotes
Practicing mindfulness and other meditation techniques to calm your mind and be more patient are a lot helpful for those who feel restless most of the times. May these upligting quotes inspire you to have patience in your journey of greatness.
- “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered, you will find life is easier.”- Catherine Pulsifer
- “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”- Lao Tzu
- “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.”- Hal Borland
- “One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.”- Chinese Proverb
- “A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves a thousand moments of regret.” ― Ali Ibn Abu Talib
- “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” – Eknath Easwaran
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”- John Quincy Adams
- “Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help.”- May Sarton
- “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.”- Julius Caesar
- “My dad said to me – Work hard and be patient. It was the best advice he ever gave me. You have to put the hours in.”- Simon Cowell
- “Struggles often serve to release the wisdom, patience, and strength we all possess but too seldom demonstrate.”- Jim Stovall
- “It is very strange…that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.”- Elizabeth Taylor
- “If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “When it comes to increase motivation and self-control, you have to remain patient and allow your mind to adapt to the new changes.”- Jill Hesson
- “Think of the patience God has had for you and let it resonate to others. If you want a more patient world, let patience be your motto.”- Steve Maraboli
- “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.”- Paulo Coelho
- “Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.”- Roy T. Bennett
- “Have patience with all things but first with yourself. Never confuse your mistakes with your value as a human being. You are perfectly valuable, creative, worthwhile person simply because you exist. And no amount of triumphs or tribulations can ever change that.”- St. Frances de Sales
Relationship Patience Quotes
- “Be patient, good things take time.”
- “All good things come to he who waits.”- Proverb
- “All we need is just a little patience.”- Gun’s And Roses
- “An alternative to love is not hate but patience.”- Santosh Kalwar
- “No one has patience for love except their own.”- Marjorie Celona
- “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.”
- “Patience is when you’re supposed to get mad, but you choose to understand.” – Unknown
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.”- A.A. Milne
- “Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is concentrated strength.”- Bruce Lee
- “The test of good manners is to be patient with the bad ones.”- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
- “Tolerance and patients should not be read as signs of weakness, they are signs of strength.”
- “Patience and the passage of time do more than strength and fury.”- Jean de La Fontaine
- “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.”- Phillips Brooks
- “If you have patience, then you’ll also have love. Patience leads to love.”- Mata Amritanandamayi
- “Love, patience, and meekness can be just as contagious as rudeness and crudeness.”- Neal A. Maxwell
- “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
- “There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.”- Sivananda Saraswati
- “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in your mind.”- David G. Allen
- “A wise man does not try to hurry history. Many wars have been avoided by patience and many have been precipitated by reckless haste.”- Adlai Stevenson
- “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.”- Rumi
Funny Patience Quotes
- “At the gate of patience there is no crowding.”- Moroccan saying
- “Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.”- Guy Kawasaki
- “Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity.”- Sammy Davis Jr
- “Drive slow and enjoy the scenery – drive fast and join the scenery.”- Douglas Horton
- “All good things arrive unto them that wait – and don’t die in the meantime.”- Mark Twain
- “The more you ask how much longer it will take, the longer the journey seems.”- Maori saying
- “Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.”- Barbara Johnson
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.”- Franklin P. Jones
- “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”- Arnold H. Glasow
- “The common man prays, ‘I want a cookie right now!’ And God responds, ‘If you’d listen to what I say, tomorrow it will bring you 100 cookies’.”- Criss Jami
Bible Quotes About Patience
- “Have patience, God isn’t finished yet.”- Philippians 1:6
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”- Exodus 14:14
- “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”- Romans 12:12
- “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.”- Psalm 40:1
- “But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”- Romans 8:25
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant.”- 1 Corinthians 13:4
- “You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.”- James 5:8
- “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.”- Psalm 103:8
- “A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.”- Proverbs 15:18
- “Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.”- Matthew 24:42
- “When you’re tempted to lose patience with someone, think how patient God has been with you all the time.”
- “Teach us, O Lord, the disciplines of patience, for to wait is often harder than to work.”- Peter Marshall
- “Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city.”- Proverbs 16:32
- “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”- Galatians 6:9
- “Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.”- Proverbs 14:29
- “Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.”- Ecclesiastes 7:8
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”- Philippians 4:6
- “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.”- Ephesians 4:2
- “The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.”- Lamentations 3:25-27
- “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”- Colossians 3:12-13
These quotes on developing patience also cover topics like success and patience quotes, losing patience quotes, the power of patience quotes, silence and patience quotes, and more to inspire you to build tolerance and perseverance in tough situations.
If you have some of your favorite be patient sayings and idioms which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
If you are inspired by these patience sayings and quotes then check our post on endurance quotes and and God give me strength quotes to inspire you in hard times.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more extend your support to the loved ones.