70 Elegance Quotes To Inspire Grace, Class And Simplicity
Looking for graceful quotes about being elegant? We have rounded up the best collection of elegance quotes, sayings, proverbs, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be graceful and classy.
Being elegant means to be pleasing and graceful in appearance or style. Being sophisticated, dignified and and refinement in movement or manners are attributes of being elegant.
For a woman or man to be elegant be defined as someone who carries herself with poise in a sophisticated and fashionable way. But elegance is not just limited to your outer appearance. It is all about how beautiful you feel from inside and embrace yourself.
Also Read: Be Yourself Quotes
Clothes, footwear, appearance, manners, women, men, are often termed as elegant. To be elegant one needs to smile more, be confident, polite, and kind to othes. Elegance is always an attractive aspect which draws people to them.
We have divided these beautiful quotes on elegance into these sections;
- Elegance Quotes
- Classy Elegance Quotes
- Elegant Woman Quotes
If you like these inspirational elegance quotes, you can also check out classy quotes for men and classy women quotes to have a more stylish attitude.
Best Elegance Quotes
- “Elegance is an attitude.” – Longines
- “Modesty is the highest elegance.”- Coco Chanel
- “Elegance thrives on exclusion.”- Mason Cooley
- “Simplicity is the key of elegance.”- Coco Chanel
- “I have a simple taste, only the best.”- Oscar Wilde
- “What is elegance? Soap and water.” – Cecil Beaton
- “Elegance is a progressive concept.” – Hedi Slimane
- “Elegance is a discipline of life.” – Oscar De La Renta
- “Fashion changes, but style endures.” – Coco Chanel
- “Trendy is the last stage before tacky.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.” – Coco Chanel
- “Kindness is grace, and grace is elegance.”- Dana Dalgetty
- “Elegance has nothing to do with fashion.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Acknowledge the elegance of simplicity.” – Giorgio Armani
- “Elegance is inferior to virtue.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly
- “Elegance is good taste plus a dash of daring.” – Carmel Snow
- “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
- “Like all magnificent things, it’s very simple.” – Natalie Babbitt
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Simplicity carried to an extreme, becomes elegance.” – Jon Franklin
- “Exactness of intention produces elegance of style.” – Nathan Milstein
Classy Elegance Quotes And Sayings
Elegance is frequently used as a standard of tastefulness, particularly in visual design, decorative arts, literature, science, and the aesthetics of mathematics.
Elegance covers all, from the way you dress to the way you talk, walk, and carry yourself with grace. These simple elegant quotes will help you get an insight into an elegant life and embrace simplicity and classiness.
- “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “In temperance there is ever cleanliness and elegance.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Real elegance is simply a true encounter with oneself.” – Carole Bouquet
- “The elegance under pressure is the result of fearlessness.” – Ashish Patel
- “Without elegance of the heart, there is no elegance.”- Yves Saint Laurent
- “Elegance is not being noticed, it’s about being remembered.” – Giorgio Armani
- “If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.” – Albert Einstein
- “There has always been an elegance to the application of excellence.” – Richard Diaz
- “Individuality will always be one of the conditions of real elegance.” – Christian Dior
- “True elegance becomes more so as it approaches simplicity.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Elegance is a question of personality, more than one’s clothing.” – Jean Paul Gaultier
- “True elegance is for me the manifestation of an independent mind.” – Isabella Rossellini
- “Fashion is an expression of the times. Elegance is something else again.” – Horst P. Horst
- “A truly elegant taste is generally accompanied with excellence of heart.” – Henry Fielding
- “Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!” – Coco Chanel
- “Braininess is not attractive unless combined with some signs of elegance; class.” – Alice Munro
- “Elegance is innate… individual… eternal… it stands the test of time!” – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- “I like to think that I can introduce people to the idea of simplicity and elegance.”- Giorgio Armani
- “Elegance is the balance between PROPORTION, EMOTION & SURPRISE.” – Valentino Garavani
- “Elegance and honesty are two mandatory parameters for any human production.” – Philippe Starck
- “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.” – Diana Vreeland
- “I feel that my environment reflects my belief in the grace and art and elegance of living simply.” – bell hooks
- “I do not connect fashion to elegance. Elegance is in the wilderness, and fashion is in the domestic.” – Nate Lowman
- “Elegance is timeless. It withstands trend; It withstands the commercialization of what fashion and style have become.” – Zac Posen
- “If you ask what the ten things that improve the quality of this rude world are, I would say one right away: Elegance!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
- “Elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity. Outside this, believe me, there is no elegance. Only pretension.” – Christian Dior
- “Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse: complexity sells better.” – Edsger Wybe Dijkstra
- “You create beauty with your attitude, you make an impression with your behavior, you make statements with your elegance & scream out with your actions.” – Sophia Elemara
- “Fashion is nothing more than the temporary custom of rich and idle people who make it their principal business to study the external elegance of life.” – Philip Gilbert Hamerton
- “You gotta have style. It helps you get down the stairs. It helps you get up in the morning. It’s a way of life. Without it, you’re nobody. I’m not talking about lots of clothes.” – Diana Vreeland
- “Elegance is something more than ease; it is more than a freedom from awkwardness or restraint. It implies, I conceive, a precision, a polish, a sparkling, spirited yet delicate.” – William Hazlitt
- “I’ve tried to find a new elegance. It’s not easy because people want to be shocked. They want explosive fashion. But explosions don’t last, they disappear immediately and leave nothing but ashes.” – Giorgio Armani
- “Strength may wield the ponderous spade, May turn the clod, and wheel the compost home; But elegance, chief grace the garden shows, And most attractive, is the fair result Of thought, the creature of a polished mind.” -William Cowper
- “Elegance of language may not be in the power of all of us, but simplicity and straightforwardness are. Write much as you would speak; speak as you think. If with your inferior, speak no coarser than usual; if with your superiors, no finer.” – William P. Alford
- “Elegance is usually confused with superficiality, fashion, lack of depth. This is a serious mistake: human beings need to have elegance in their actions and in their posture because this word is synonymous with good taste, amiability, equilibrium and harmony.” – Paulo Coelho
Popular Elegant Woman Quotes
Contrary to popularly beliefs, elegance is not about donning pearls or having a lot of money or fancy cars. Elegance is a state of mind and elegant woman chose style over trends.
Elegance can be considered charm, beauty, kindness, and intelligence all in one word.
- “Simplicity is the soul of modern elegance.”- Bill Blass
- “Elegance is all in the mind of the wearer.” – Philip Treacy
- “Humility is the best dress you can wear.” – Treasure Stitches
- “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Fashion anticipates … elegance is a state of mind.” – Oleg Cassini
- “Isn’t elegance forgetting what one is wearing?” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “A woman can be overdressed but never over elegant.” – Coco Chanel
- “She was temptation wrapped in casual elegance.” – Christine Feehan
- “Elegance does not catch the eye. It stays in memory.”- Giorgio Armani
- “Elegance comes from being as beautiful inside as outside.” – Coco Chanel
- “Classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt but chooses not to show it.”
- “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” – Bill Cunningham
- “You must remember, Madame Harris, elegance is in the details.” – Lynn Sheene
- “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
- “Prettiness fades after a few years, but elegance only increases with age.” – Anne Gracie
- “Elegance is not an outer quality, but a part of the soul that is visible to others.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Elegance is not catching somebody’s eyes, it’s staying in somebody’s memory.”- Giorgio Armani
- “Elegance is a statement, an attitude. Elegant women are women of character with confidence.”- Elie Saab
- “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” – Hubert de Givenchy
- “The best clothes, the most wonderful jewels, the most glamorous beauty don’t count without good grooming.” – Christian Dior
- “Elegance isn’t solely defined by what you wear. It’s how you carry yourself, how you speak, what you read.” – Carolina Herrera
- “Do you know what elegance is? It is not only what you’re wearing. It is how you wear it. Who you are inside.” -Carolina Herrera
- “My definition of beauty is simplicity, elegance, and sensuality. I think that when a woman is in harmony with herself and remains true to her values, she will glow naturally.”- Megan Fox
- “The elegance is as physical, as moral quality that has nothing common with the clothing. You can see a countrywoman more elegant than one so called elegant woman.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “I don’t like women who follow fashion in the sense of becoming victims of it. I like women who have elegance, who have allure, who use fashion, rather than the other way around.” – Giorgio Armani
- “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” – Christian Dior
- “Elegance is achieved when all that is superfluous has been discarded and the human being discovers simplicity and concentration: the simpler and more sober the posture, the more beautiful it will be.” – Paulo Coelho
- “What is a fine person or a beauteous face, unless deportment give them decent grace; Blessed with all other requisites to please, To want the striking elegance of ease; Awkward, embarrassed, stiff, without the skill Of moving gracefully, or standing still.” – Winston Churchill
These beautiful quotes on being elegant are classy, cute, deep, and about embracing your true self and shine from within.
These inspirational elegance sayings also cover topics like epitome of elegance quotes, elegance of beauty quotes, luxury and elegance quotes, elegance quotes for him, being elegant and simplicity quotes, that have lots of class.
Don’t forget to check out collection of love yourself quotes and images to encourage you to embrace your inner beauty.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.