Looking for heartfelt quotes about wanting to die? We have rounded up the best collection of sad I want to die quotes, sayings, captions, status messages, and words (with images and pictures) to help you regain your balance when you feel like ending your life.
Also See: Depression Quotes
These quotes are not to make you feel sad, but to make you realize that pain and hardships are the reality of life and we all need to face them and come out strong.
There are a lot of reasons why someone can want to end their life, extremely when they are isolated.
Most people don’t speak and share about their battle with depression, their feeling of anxiety, or the sadness that fills them, and their life. They get crushed under this lonely emotional state.
Sometimes our pent-up emotions can cause us to do radical things which are extreme in nature. Thus talking about our feelings and pain to friends and family helps us to get out the negative ones in our minds.
Also See: Deep Heart Pain Quotes
Prolonged depression, stress, and mental pain often make us feel empty and sometimes the suffering takes us on a path of self-harming or suicidal thoughts. You feel your world is falling apart and nothing seems to be of value.
It’s important to share your feelings and fears with your loved ones and seek professional consultancy if you think you can’t get on a positive note.
Life is too precious to succumb to your feelings. Always give yourself and life another chance because things may seem very dark but with time the light will dawn and you will find yourself in a better state.
Life is as beautiful as we make it, so live your life fully before one day we die.
We have divided these deep quotes into these sections;
- Sad I Want To Die Quotes
- I Just Want To Die Quotes
Sad I Want To Die Quotes
- “I wanna die tonight.”
- “I hate my life… I want to die…”
- “I go home, I cry, and I want to die.”
- “Everyone hates me and I want to die.”
- “God, I want to die in you.” – Katy Evans
- “I smile. I try. But truth is I want to die.”
- “I just wish I could sleep and not wake up.”
- “I don’t want to die an old lady.” – Edith Piaf
- “I don’t want to die without scars.” – Brad Pitt
- “I hate myself, and I want to die.” – Kurt Cobain
- “I want to die on my own terms.” – Brittany Maynard
- “I am not well, I am broken, I want to cry, I want to die.”
- “I need to scream, I need to cry, I need to cut, I need to die.”
- “I said to myself, ‘I want to die decently’.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
- “I want to live but I want to die. What do I do?” – Ned Vizzini
- “If this is how my life is going to be, I don’t want it anymore.” – Unknown
- “Death is very likely the single best invention of life.” – Steve Jobs
- “I don’t want to die of some disease, I want to die of death.” – Ivan Illich
- “It’s just a relief, really. I’m scared to die, but I want to die.” – Lana Del Rey
- “Dear death please come into my life. I’m always waiting for you.” – Unknown
- “Do I want to die from the inside out or the outside in?” – Laurie Halse Anderson
- “I want to die young. I think it’s awful to get old, and sickness is ugly.” – Edith Piaf
- “I don’t think I want to win anything. I think I want to die unadorned.” – Frank O’Hara
- “I am not afraid of death. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” – Woody Allen
- “I hate the person that I’ve become always sad, always depressed. Now I just want to die…”
- “I hate myself. It gets worse everyday. I just can’t deal with the pain anymore. I wanna die.”
- “Read my lips, I’ve told you a lie, I said “I’m fine.” but look in my eyes, “I want to die.”” – j.m.k
- “Yes — or rather, it’s not so much that I want to die as that I’m tired of living.” – Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
- “I’m fat. I’m ugly. I’m worthless. I’m useless. I’m depressed. I’m not okay. I want to die. I hate myself.”
- “Sometimes she just wants to die. And no one notices her sadness. Maybe that’s why she wants to leave.”
- “I want to die in my own way. It’s my illness, my death, my choice. This is what saying yes means.” – Jenny Downham
- “A part of me has departed with you. And the rest I don’t want anymore. I want to die once and for all.” – Unknown
- “You make me wanna die. I’ll never be good enough. You make me wanna die and everything you love will burn up in the light.”
- “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” – Will Rogers
- “Sometimes I feel like I want to die. Not suicide, but just die. I don’t know why, but I just get these feelings that I am already dead and want to be gone.”
- “I wish that I was dead. Oh, they’ll be sorry then. I hate them and I’ll kill myself tomorrow. I want to die. I hate them, hate them. Hate.” – Vernon Scannell
- “I feel so unwanted and I just want to die but I’m too depressed to do anything… I just want to disappear into nothingness and not care anymore, I’m tired and done.”
- “I wanted to talk about it. Damn it. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I wanted to yell. I wanted to shout about it. But all I could do was whisper “I’m fine”.” – Unknown
- “It’s sad really that the only reason I haven’t killed myself yet is because I don’t want to hurt anyone but the reason I want to kill myself is because everyone is hurting me.”
- “I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that’s really sad. It was almost a reverse nightmare you’re so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.” – Unknown
- “I don’t want to kill myself. I want to die. I want to escape. I want to run away, like always. I want to lie six feet below the ground, soundless. I want to disappear. There’s a difference.”
- “I wanna die, I cannot feel the pain, I think I am normal still I am sad, I wanna do some things, I wish I could do, I don’t wanna die just to be with you, I wanna be with you, to live my whole life, I wish I was there just to be with you.” – Unknown
- “Awareness There is a dark place. A place where I have no eyes, no mouth. No words. I can’t cry out because I have no breath. The silence is so deep I want to die. But I can’t. The darkness and silence go on forever. It is not a dream. I don’t dream.” – Mary E. Pearson
- “I don’t know and I don’t care anymore. I was supposed to have my way for once, just once in my life. I did everything right and I got nothing for it. I want to kill them all. no, better yet, I want to die. No, even bettter than that: I want to kill them all then die.” – Barry Lyga
- “I thought, “I want to die. I want to die more than ever before. There’s no chance now of a recovery. No matter what sort of thing I do, no matter what I do, it’s sure to be a failure, just a final coating applied to my shame. That dream of going on bicycles to see a waterfall framed in summer leaves—it was not for the likes of me. All that can happen now is that one foul, humiliating sin will be piled on another, and my sufferings will become only the more acute. I want to die. I must die. Living itself is the source of sin.” – Osamu Dazai
I Just Want To Die Quotes
There are times in life when we feel like a complete failure. We feel nothing can go right in life and the pain and suffering seem too much to be handled. There are weak moments when we may feel to end the terrible life we lead.
But never ever surrender to a weak moment. Life is beautiful and it surely has both pain and happiness. Getting inspiration and words of encouragement to improve situations and make life better is what should be our guiding star.
These sad dying quotes are relatable and some also give you an insight that a lot of people who are or were suffering have made it through with faith, patience, and strength.
- “I just wanna sleep forever.” – Unknown
- “When I die, I want to be sick.” – Abe Lemons
- “I want to live fast and die young.” – Chris Farley
- “I usually want to die or do nothing.” – Daul Kim
- “I just feel like, if I die, everything will be ok.” – Unknown
- “I may die young, but at least I’ll die smart.” – John Green
- “I don’t want to die. But I want to be dead.” – Jean Ingelow
- “I want something to kill me so I don’t have to do it myself.”
- “I want more jobs. I want to die entertaining.” – Kumar Pallana
- “I should like to lie at your feet and die in your arms.” – Voltaire
- “I want to die with my high heels on, still in action.” – Bette Davis
- “I want to die a slave to principles. Not to men.” – Emiliano Zapata
- “If I want to die, what am I saving myself for?” – Joanne Greenberg
- “People don’t die from suicide, they die from sadness.” – Timothy Long
- “I’m not afraid to die. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” – Woody Allen
- “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get there!” – B.B. King
- “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life what I wanted to die.” – Juliette Lewis
- “I hate myself on screen. I want to die, my voice is either too high or too gravelly.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I wish I could go back to a time when I could smile and it didn’t take everything in me to do it.” – Unknown
- “Sex is the best high. It’s better than any drug. I want to die making love because it feels so good.” – Bai Ling 3
- “If I have to die tonight,if this weight is going to kill me tonight,so be it! I am dying where I wanna be.” – Kai Greene
- “The Bible is the book of my life. It’s the book I live with, the book I live by, the book I want to die by.” – N. T. Wright
- “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
- “When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do.” – Jimi Hendrix
- “My only relief is to sleep. When I’m sleeping, I’m not sad, I’m not angry, I’m not lonely, I’m nothing.” ― Jillian Medoff, Hunger Point
- “I feel myself changing. I don’t laugh the same anymore, I don’t smile the same, or talk the same. I’m just so tired of everything, mentally.” – Unknown
- “Did you really want to die?” “No one commits suicide because they want to die. ” “Then why do they do it?” “Because they want to stop the pain.” – Tiffanie DeBartolo
- “I just don’t want to die alone, that’s all. That’s not too much to ask for, is it would be nice to have someone care about me, for who I am, not about my wallet.” – Richard Pryor
- “What’s wrong? I’m ugly. I’m fat. I’m a failure. I’m depressed. I’m suffering. I want to die. I hate this world. I hate myself. I’m imperfect. I can’t do anything right. I’m disgusting. I’m just not okay. And you don’t really seem to care.” – Unknown
- “She stopped looking both ways before crossing the street. She stopped wearing her seat-belt in the car, and she stopped counting the pills before she took them. She wasn’t trying to kill herself, but she did stop caring whether she lived, or not.”
- “Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.” – Michael Landon
- “What’s wrong? I’m ugly. I’m fat. I’m a failure. I’m depressed. I’m suffering. I want to die. I hate this world. I hate myself. I’m imperfect. I can’t do anything right. I’m disgusting. I’m just not okay. And you don’t really seem to care. Nothing, I’m fine.”
- “There’s a big difference, I discovered, between wanting to die and not wanting to live. When you want to die, you at least have a goal. When you don’t want to live, you’re really just empty. That’s the point I was at before I was able to make.” – Marilyn Manson
When we feel the pain of heartbreak, betrayal, or life is unbearable we think about ending our life to end the pain. But life is a journey of joy and sorrow.
So have faith and hope that things will be fine one day and move on with the mental strength of positivity.
These quotes about wanting to die also cover all I want is to die quotes, easy death quotes, live before I die quotes, and killing me quotes to inspire you to never give to the thought of ending your life.
Always see the bright side and live your life amidst all the struggles and pain.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.