Looking for powerful quotes about peer pressure? We have rounded up the best collection of peer pressure quotes, proverbs, sayings, captions, idioms, and status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be yourself and stand out from the crowd.
Also See: Believing In Yourself Quotes
Peer pressure means when you do something because you want to feel accepted and respected by people of your age (your friends) or social group. It can be negative or positive. Having a balance between being yourself and fitting in with the group is the best way to cope up with peer pressure.
Peer influence can be positive, for example, a child might be influenced to be more active in school or to try new things. At the same time, it can be negative, for example, some teenagers might get influenced and do things which usually wouldn’t be interested in, like drinking alcohol, smoking, or behaving in anti-social ways.
Also See: Following The Crowd Quotes
In today’s world, everyone has to face a lot of peer pressure. Be it teengaers, or people at work, being influenced by new peer standards and to do things that they might not want to do themselves. They tend to go away from their choices and values to try to fit in their group and follow a trend.
These motivational quotes are divided into these sections;
- Peer Pressure Quotes
- Peer Pressure Quotes For Students
The influence of parents over their children is very important in shaping their child’s values and long-term choices. These inspirational quotes about peer pressure will inspire your child to not get influenced by others and stick to their own choices in life.
Peer Pressure Quotes
- “Peer pressure is just that: pressure.” – Jerry Spinelli
- “No child is immune to peer pressure.” – Kath Hudson
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” – Dr. Seuss
- “If you follow the crowd, you might get lost in it.” – Anonymous
- “Peer pressure is pressure you put on yourself to fit in!” – Jeff Moore
- “It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.”
- “What kind of peer pressure you receive says a lot about your peer group.”
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – e.e cummings
- “When you say “YES” to others make sure you aren’t saying “NO” to yourself.”
- “Only surround yourself with people who will lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “There’s one advantage to being 102. There’s no peer pressure.” – Dennis Wolfberg
- “Not easily may an individual escape the deep slavery of the herd.” – Algernon Blackwood
- “The recipe to ignoring peer pressure is feeling confident in who you are.” – Phoebe Waller
- “Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.”
- “You would have no peer pressure if you cared less about the opinions of others.” – Jeff Moore
- “It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction. Do what you feel is right.” – Unknown
- “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds.” – Paul the Apostle
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” – Bruce Lee
- “After all, it was the pressure of our peers that gave us the support to try something we wouldn’t otherwise have.” – Unknown
- “I think that no matter what you’re doing as a teenager, you’re going to be presented with peer pressure.” – Sara Paxton
- “Peer pressure and social norms are powerful influences on behavior, and they are classic excuses.” – Andrew Lansley
- “Ultimately peer pressure can lead people to bully, but peer pressure can also say bullying is not acceptable.” – Barack Obama
- “The more you give into peer pressure, the more people will ask you to do what they want to do. The less you give into it, the less they will ask you.”
- “The ugly reality is that peer pressure reaches its greatest intensity at just the age when kids tend to be most insensitive and cruel.” – Walt Mueller
- “Most conduct is guided by norms rather than by laws. Norms are voluntary and are effective because they are enforced by peer pressure.” – Paul Collier
- “At the end of the day, just know that God made you, so you can be your own individual, and don’t let people give you that peer pressure.” – Wyclef Jean
- “Never let anyone try and make you into something that you’re not. Remember what it is that you want, and always stay strong in that.” – Abigail Breslin
- “Not all peer pressure is bad. If you have peers who are pushing you to go further in life and believe in your dreams. Man, you got it made!” – Jeff Moore
- “The most important thing in your life is to live your life with integrity and to not give in to peer pressure to try to be something that you’re not.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Peer pressure has many redeeming qualities. It is the pressure of our peers, after all, that gives us the support to try things we otherwise wouldn’t have.” – Bill Treasurer
- “At any given point you can release your greatest self. Don’t let anyone hold you back. Don’t let anyone dilute you. Don’t be peer pressured into being less than you are.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Talk to your children about peer pressure. Explain what a powerful force it can be, and … tell them that you will never accept the excuse that “Everyone did it” … that they will be held responsible for their actions.” – Tom Mcmahon
- “Peer pressure is not always negative. Sometimes, it inculcates new hobbies, habits, attitudes health conscience or a strong urge to succeed amongst people and where this happens, it is positive.” – Adeyemi Raphael Oluwamayowa
- “The stress of resisting unhealthy peer pressure can be buffered by good family relationships and a high self-esteem, and it is often those adolescents with neither who succumb to unhealthy pressure from their peers.” – L. Eugene Arnold
- “No one intends to make serious mistakes. They come when you compromise your standards to be more accepted by others. You be the strong one. You be the leader. Choose good friends and resist peer pressure together.” – Richard G. Scott
- “Of course, peer pressure has a strong positive component. It provides the social cohesion that allows the very development of communal affiliation. But peer power as an extrinsic force is a lot like radiation: a little goes a long way.” – Charles D, Hayes
- “Rarely do schools acknowledge the power of peer culture in defining standards, and rarely do they take advantage of this power as an engine for quality. When students themselves are in charge of projects that they care about, peer pressure can become a powerful force for high standards.” – R. Berger
- “Peers can be a positive influence too. Positive peer pressure can make a teen feel like they should join a sport or a youth organization because a group they admires is doing it. If your child is regularly hearing their friends talk about getting good grades, doing volunteer work and joining clubs, they might follow suit.”
- “Peer pressure becomes more powerful when our children are away from our influence and when their defenses are weakened late at night. If you have ever felt uneasy about an overnight activity, don’t be afraid to respond to that warning voice inside. Always be prayerful when it comes to protecting your precious children.” – Larry R. Lawrence
Peer Pressure Quotes For Students
It is normal for students to be worried about fitting in. Peer groups play a vital role in the lives of teenagers, especially during adolescence. Students may experience peer pressure in several ways from maininating a particular lifestyle, keeping gadgets, habits and more.
Their peers may influence them directly and indirectly. A lot of times social pressure on students can also be a result of bullying.
Who are your child’s peers? Your child’s peers are people who play an important part in their life. They can have several peer groups, depending on their lifestyle. It generally comes from a place where your child spends most of their time.
Be it at school, in hobby groups (people playing a sport together), or even in your local neighborhood. If your child is in touch with the internet then even those people who they meet online on social media platforms can also be their peers.
So spending time with your child and recognizing their peer groups is very important as a parent. By knowing their groups, you can know how to deal with the situation for their betterment.
If you like these peer pressure quotes for students then also check our posts on being true to yourself quotes and embrace yourself quotes to inspire you to truly accept yourself and embrace your differences.
- “It’s not peer pressure. It’s just your turn.”
- “Blame it on Peer Pressure.” – John Marsden
- “Hermits have no peer pressure.” – Steven Wright
- “People either inspire you or they drain you, choose wisely.”
- “Yield to all and you will soon have nothing to yield.” – Aesop
- “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” – R. J. Palacio
- “Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you.”
- “If you feel something don’t let peer pressure manipulate you.” – Kanye West
- “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Peer pressure is bad only if you’re surrounded by bad influences.” – James Clear
- “It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.” – Roy E. Disney
- “It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.” – Hans F. Hansen
- “Peer pressure” is our ghost… it’s not there, but we see it, feel it, fear it, bow down to it.” – Krishna
- “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” – Kevin Gates
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friend.”
- “Take your self, your self-respect, and self-image to a point where people won’t even ask you to do low-level stuff.”
- “Be true to who you are and proud of who you’re becoming. I never met a critic who was doing better than me.” – Jeff Moore
- “Too many people in this world are being pressured into feeling apologetic about who they actually are.” – Scarlet Jei Saoirse
- “Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.” – The Breakfast Club
- “As much as people refuse to believe it, the company you keep does have an impact and influence on your choices.” – Unknown
- “Kids … can get to the point where they feel peer pressure that isn’t even there simply because of how they see themselves.” – Walt Mueller
“75% of 12-17 years olds say they’re encouraged to party by drinking alcohol or smoking when they see images of their peers doing it.” – Unknown
- “Note to self: You gotta do this for yourself. This is for you. This isn’t about anybody. Live for you. Honor you. Never lose sight of that.” – Unknown
- “The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Conformity is not an admirable trait. Conformity is a copout. It threatens self-awareness. It can lead groups to enforce rigid and arbitrary rules.” – Alexandra Robbins
- “Certain peer pressures encourage little fingers to learn how to hold a football instead of a crayon. I confess to having yielded to these pressures.” – Chris Van Allsburg
- “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” – Galatians 1:10, The Bible
- “The people in the popular group say there is no peer pressure because they are at the top of the food chain. Really what they are doing is just eating away at everybody else.” – Lauren Greenfield
- “Peer pressure can either make or break you. Positive peer pressure will lead you to your dreams. Negative peer pressure will lead you to your nightmares. Please choose wisely.” – Dankie SirKwanele
- “Societal peer pressure to conform runs strong, but as more of us continue to think and act for ourselves, rather than be under the influence of group-think, we begin to make more effective choices.” – Evita Ochel
- “How you handle peer pressure – the pressure your children feel as well as the pressure you feel – in the early years will play a significant role in how your children handle peer pressure when they become adolescents.” – Kevin Leman
- “Peer pressure accounts for much of the promiscuous sex in high schools and colleges.”Conform or get lost.” Since no one enjoys losing friends or being cast out of his own circle, peer pressure – especially during the years of adolescence – is an almost irresistible force.” – Billy Graham
- “Peer pressure is something everyone will face in school. You have to really go by what you think is the right thing to do. Turn to the friends you trust the most when you are put in a compromising situation. If your friends are making the wrong decision, then turn to your parents.” – Madisen Beaty
- “If you try to avoid every instance of peer pressure you will end up without any peers whatsoever, and the trick is to succumb to enough pressure that you do not drive your peers away, but not so much that you end up in a situation in which you are dead or otherwise uncomfortable. This is a difficult trick, and most people never master it, and end up dead or uncomfortable at least once during their lives.” – Daniel Handler
- “You don’t often hear fellow grown-ups discussing times they’ve been peer pressured in adulthood, because we probably don’t look at it in the same way. As kids, peer pressure was obvious and came in the form of a bully, or a so called “friend,” teasing you until you buckled to their demands. Now peer pressure can take many forms, such as your friend guilt-tripping you into a girls’ night out, feeling like you have to work late because everyone else is, or feeling pressured to start a family because most of your friends have. Peer pressure has evolved from a Neanderthal that enjoyed bashing you on the head with its club, to a reptilian dragon that is a master of manipulation.” – Phoebe Waller
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate them every morning.