Looking for deep heart touching quotes about miscarriage? We have rounded up the best collection of miscarriage quotes, sayings, captions, and messages (with images and pictures) that you can relate to if you have your baby.
The event of a miscarriage or losing a pregnancy is a heartbreaking loss. It is extremely disturbing and troubling for the bereaved parents. When someone undergoes a sudden abortion or miscarriage, the loss experienced by them is both emotional and physical.
Also Read: Death Quotes
A mother’s aching heart takes its own time to grieve and make peace with the incident. These comforting miscarriage quotes, sayings, can be helpful in expressing your emotions and helping you find your inner strength.
Also See: Pro Life Quotes
At this moment in life, hope, support, and motivation are the only things that can help get her out of grief. Some comforting words and sympathy messages for people who have experienced similar losses could be helpful at such times and help them overcome the grief.
Statistics say; Pregnancy loss affects 1 out of every 4 women. If you, and the countless others, fall into that category, my heart is with you— for you.
“I never got to hold you or bounce you on my lap. I never got to read to you or watch you as you nap. You slipped away so quickly before I said your name. And I want the world to know, I loved you just the same.” ~ A Peterson
Sad Miscarriage Quotes for Grieving Mothers
For mothers who have lost a child long before the world even acknowledges them as one, it can be an unbearable kind of pain.
- “Dreams that died when he did.”
- “My baby sleeps with the moon and the stars.”
- “We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead.”
- “I held you every second of your life.” – Stephanie Paige Cole
- “A mother’s grief is as timeless as her love.” – Joanne Cacciatore
- “To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself.” – Dr. Burton Grebin
- “It is not length of life, but depth of life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Even those that never fully blossom bring beauty into the world.”
- “Because someone we love is in heaven, we feel heaven in our home.”
- “There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.”
- “The one who left gentle footprints on our hearts left a story worth telling.”
- “Before I carried the pain, I carried you. And in my heart, I carry you still.”
- “Something inside me died that day, and I don’t know if I’ll ever get it back.”
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” — Maya Angelou
- “You never arrived in my arms, but you will never leave my heart.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
- “Sometimes it’s hard to see the rainbow when there’s been endless days of rain.” — Christina Greer
- “You didn’t stay for long, but in those precious few weeks, you changed me forever.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
- “An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book ‘too beautiful for earth’.” -Unknown
- “When you carry a life and it’s there, and then gone, a part of your soul dies. Forever.” – Casey Wiegano
- “I’ll love for forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” ~Robert Munsch
- “Your absence has gone through me like a thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color.” — W.S. Merwin
- “How very quietly you tiptoed into our world, silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left upon our hearts.”
- “A mother is never defined by the number of children you can see, but by the love that she holds in her heart.” ~Franchesca Cox
- “There is a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child that never comes.” – David Platt
- “The best advice that I got during counseling: Don’t judge your spouse’s grief response. Give them the freedom to grieve their own way.” – Rachel Crawford
- “How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts.” — Dorothy Ferguson
- “I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye was the trouble. I wanted to kiss you goodnight, and there’s a lot of difference.” ~Ernest Hemingway
- “We do not “get over” a death. We learn to carry grief and integrate the loss in our lives. In our hearts, we carry those who have died. We grieve and we love. We remember.” ― Nathalie Himmelrich
- “Babies lost in the womb were never touched by fear. They were never cold, never hungry, never alone, and importantly always knew love.” — Zoe Clark-Coates
- “I don’t think most people truly understand how much is lost when a baby dies. You don’t just lose a baby, you also lose the 1 and 2 and 10 and 16-year-old she would have become. You lose Christmas mornings, loose teeth, and first days of school. You just lose it all.” ~Stephanie Paige Cole
- “Some people say it is a shame. Others even imply that it would have been better if the baby had never been created. But the short time I had with my child is precious to me.” — Christine O’Keeffe Lafser
- “It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” — Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “I am not functioning very well. Living with the knowledge that the baby is dead is painful. I feel so far away from you, God. I can only try to believe that you are sustaining me and guiding me through this. Please continue to stand by my side.” ― Christine O’Keeffe Lafser
- “I no longer seek those things that help me to heal but for those things that fortify me with the strength required to carry the load, fate has set upon my shoulders. Instead of finding a way to forget, find a way to bear the constant remembering. The silence of the wild being one of those elements that reinforce the weathered walls of the soul and mind.” — L.M. Browning
- “Grief, I’ve learned, is really love. It’s all the love you want to give but cannot give. The more you loved someone, the more you grieve. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes and in that part of your chest that gets an empty and hollow feeling. The happiness of love turns to sadness when unspent. Grief is just love with no place to go.” — Jamie Anderson
- “If a mother is mourning not for what she has lost but for what her dead child has lost, it is a comfort to believe that the child has not lost the end for which it was created. And it is a comfort to believe that she herself, in losing her chief or only natural happiness, has not lost a greater thing, that she may still hope to “glorify God and enjoy Him forever.” A comfort to the God-aimed, eternal spirit within her. But not to her motherhood. The specifically maternal happiness must be written off. Never, in any place or time, will she have her son on her knees, or bathe him, or tell him a story, or plan for his future, or see her grandchild.” ― C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
- “Throughout my life, there were a few hard days. Days where even when I tried to be happy, my heart still cracked and Mother’s Day was one of those. For others, it stood as a celebration. For me, it spoke of loss and failure. Because there’s no such thing as an ‘almost’ Mother’s day.” – Brittany Cherry
Also See: Quotes on Losing a Loved One
Comforting Quotes on Miscarriage & Infant Loss
- “It hurts because it matters.” – John Green
- “I carry your heart with me, I am never without it.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith.. it is the price of love.”
- “Some say you are too painful to remember. I say you are too precious to forget.”
- “Just because we lost a life, doesn’t mean we have to lose ourselves.” – Tamara Gabriel
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Heaven and earth may separate us today, but nothing will ever change the fact that you made me a mom.”
- “There’s a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child that never comes.” — David Platt
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched, but are felt in the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “There is no right way to grieve; there is only your way to grieve and that is different for everyone.” – Nathalie Himmelrich
- “When a child is born, it is the mother’s instinct to protect the baby. When a child dies, it is the mother’s instinct to protect the memory.”
- “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy”. Eskimo Proverb.
Quotes About Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
Losing a child is the most painful experience, whether due to a miscarriage or later in life. There is nothing that can bring your little Angeles back, but these encouraging quotes may give you some solace and be supportive to your healing process.
- “She/he was born silent into this world, but their little life spoke volumes.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things, take up the most room in our heart.” ~A.A. Milne
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- “Grieving is like having broken ribs. On the outside you look fine, but with every breath, it hurts.”
- “I’ll love for forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” – Robert Munsch
- “Today would have been my baby’s due date. But there is no baby, and no birthday..And I’m the only one who still cares.”
- “How very quietly you tiptoed into our world, silently, only for a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left upon our hearts.”
- “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” – Vicki Harrison
- “What does a miscarriage feel like? It feels as if you have been short-changed by nature. You will cry for what might have been but nobody will understand because they didn’t feel it.”
- “I miss you more then anyone knows as time goes by the emptiness grows. I laugh, I talk, I play my part but behind my smile is a broken heart.”
- “A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child. That’s how awful the loss is.”
Sympathy Quotes for Miscarriage of Baby
If your friend, family, or someone close has experienced a pregnancy loss, these kind words will provide support to a grieving friend.
- Holding you in my heart, surrounding you with love.
- Be gentle with yourself, and take all the time you need to heal.
- I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I’m so sorry for your loss.
- Sending you prayers for strength as you find your way through each day.
- Wishing you any and everything you need to bring you comfort during this time.
- Thinking of you, wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow, comfort in the midst of pain.
- Words can’t express the sorrow we feel. Sending you peace and love at this sad and difficult time.
- Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you. With love and prayers.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
Bible Verses for Miscarriage
- Ecclesiastes 11:5 – As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
- Isaiah 49:15 – “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
- Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Beautiful Poems for Mothers of Sleeping Angels
These beautiful poems will help mothers and fathers who have gone through your stillbirth, twin loss, and a miscarriage heartbreak.
“You are near, even if I don’t see you.
You are with me, even if you are far away.
You are in my heart, in my thoughts, in my life, always.”
An Angel Never Dies
Don’t let them say, I wasn’t born
That something stopped my heart
I felt each tender squeeze you gave
I’ve loved you from the start.
Although my body you can’t hold,
It doesn’t mean I’m gone.
This world was worthy, not, of me
God chose that I move on.
I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What you are forced to face.
You have my word, I’ll fill your arms
Someday we will embrace.
You’ll hear that it was “meant to be,
God doesn’t make mistakes”
But that won’t soften your worst blow…
Or make your heart not ache.
I’m watching over all you do,
another child you’ll bear.
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.
There will come a time, I promise you
When you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips
And then you’ll understand.
Although, I’ve never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes…
That doesn’t mean I never “was”
An angel never dies.
Baby Loss & Miscarriage Quotes, Images, Pictures
Looking for more comforting words?
#pregnancyloss #infantloss #miscarriagequotes #babylossquotes