Looking for inspirational quotations about injustice? We have rounded up the best collection of injustice quotes, social injustice quotes, sayings, captions,and slogans, (with images and pictures) to motivate you to take a stand and speak against the wrong and seek justice.
Injustice is defined as a lack of fairness or justice. It is an unjust treatment or exercise of authority. Some examples of social injustice include racial discrimination, gender inequality, unfair labor practices, and discrimination due to orientation, age, and ethnicity.
Also See: Standing Up To Oppression Quotes
Injustice is the feeling when you feel you are denied your fundamental and basic rights. When people in position of power use it unfairly to treat less priviledged people then there is resenment amongst the deprived persons in the society.
Various social issues and discrimination occur since ages at different times in certain societies, traditions, countries, cities, cultures, and neighborhoods.
Usually we acknowledge injustice when it happens to us or to someone who is close to us but the fact is that injustice is happenning all around the world. It is our moral duty to fight against injustice not only when it happens to us but more importantly when it happens to others. To remain silent will not help us in any way but will make the situation worse.
Also See: Stand Up For Yourself
To live in a society which is free from injustice it is important to treat everyone equally regardless of their skin color, gender, financial status, or beliefs. These thought provoking and powerful social injustice quotes will make you understand why it is important to stand against injustice and fight for a fair society.
These motivational quotes are divided into these sections;
- Famous Injustice Quotes
- Quotes About Injustice
- Martin Luther King Injustice Quote
- Fighting Injustice Quotes
Raising your voice and concerns will help to raise awareness amongst others and bring a change to improve the society.
As rightly quoted by Martin Luther King Jr.; “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”, says it all. We need to stand for our rights and speak up against the wrong to keep a level playing field for all.
If you like these quotes about injustice from government also check our posts on resilience quotes to encourage you to express your opinion boldly.
Famous Injustice Quotes
- “Nothing can justify injustice.” – Ayn Rand
- “There is no justifications for acts of injustice.”
- “Injustice can never be stood for.”- Amber Heard
- “To do injustice is the greatest of all evils.” – Plato
- “Injustice never rules forever.”- Seneca the Younger
- “Delay in justice is injustice.”- Walter Savage Landor
- “Injustice in the end produces independence.”- Voltaire
- “The worst form of injustice is pretended justice.”- Plato
- “You can’t be neutral on a moving train.” — Howard Zinn
- “Nothing can make injustice just but mercy.”- Robert Frost
- “To do injustice is more disgraceful than to suffer it.”- Plato
- “You can commit injustice by doing nothing.”- Marcus Aurelius
- “To remain silent in times of injustice is a privilege.”- Unknown
- “To forgive and accept injustice is cowardice.”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “An injustice to one is a threat made to all.”- Baron de Montesquieu
- “It seems to me that an unjust law is no law at all.”- Saint Augustine
- “Those who commit injustice bear the greatest burden.” ― Hosea Ballou
- “The truth about injustice always sounds outrageous.” ― James H. Cone
- “Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what sting is justice.”- H. L. Mencken
- “Soothe your throats. Injustice has not followed you here.” ― Patrick Ness
- “Lands of great discoveries are also lands of great injustices.” ― Ivo Andric
- “Justice can never be done in the midst of injustice.” ― Simone De Beauvoir
- “It is better to have a war for justice than peace in injustice.”- Charles Peguy
- “Law and order is one of the steps taken to maintain injustice.”- Edward Bond
- “One of the best ways to achieve justice is to expose injustice.”- Julian Assange
- “Man’s inhumanity to man makes countless thousands mourn!”- Robert Burns
- “It is the feeling of injustice that is insupportable to all men.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor.”- Ginetta Sagan
- “National injustice is a sure road to national downfall.”- William Ewart Gladstone
- “The injustice done to an individual is sometimes of service to the public.”- Junius
- “Every social injustice is not only cruel, but it is economic waste.”- William Feather
- “The strictest law sometimes becomes the severest injustice.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “No one will dare maintain that it is better to do injustice than to bear it.”- Aristotle
- “The greatest of all injustices is that which goes under the name of law.”- L’Estrange
- “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” ― Rosa Parks
- “Let us be enraged about injustice, but let us not be destroyed by it.” – Bayard Rustin
- “No one will dare maintain that it is better to do injustice than to bear it.” ― Aristotle
- “I think there are worse things than war. For example, injustice.” ― George Friedman
- “Family values stand up to injustice and power outside the household.” — Ralph Nader
- “If thou suffer injustice, console thyself; the true unhappiness is in doing it.”- Democritus
- “The answer to injustice is not to silence the critic but to end the injustice.”- Paul Robeson
- “We’re quick to criticize gender injustice when we see it around the world.”- Melinda Gates
- “Injustice is a scar in the surface of the earth and death to the victim soul.”- Anayo Ezimuor
- “If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.”- Che Guevara
- “If you see something that is not right, not fair, not just, you have a moral obligation to do something about it.”- John Lewis
Quotes About Injustice And Unjust Practices
If we want a world free from injustice, we have to begin from wrong things happening in our daily lives. As the popular proverb says, “Charity begins at home”. To change the world we have to change ourselves first. Taking a stand against injustice is very important because if we remain silent for long injustice can turn into oppression.
Also See: Intimidating Quotes
Personal injustice and societal injustice both are needed to be corrected. Have the courage to stand up for the right. By standing up for the rights of others we will be able to make a lasting impact on their lives. These inspirational facing injustice quotes and fighting injustice quotes will inspire you to take a stand and speak up.
- “There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”- Howard Zinn
- “The glaring injustice is there for all who are not blinded by prejudice to see.”- Bram Fischer
- “True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.”- Clarence Darrow
- “A personal injustice is stronger motivation than any instinct for philanthropy.”- John Irving
- “Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from injustice?”- Lillian Hellman
- “Injustice is a perception, not an objective fact. It lies in the eye of the beholder.”- Plenum Press
- “It is not possible to found a lasting power upon injustice, perjury, and treachery.” ― Demosthenes
- “If you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust.”- Thomas Aquinas
- “All history is current; all injustice continues on some level, somewhere in the world.” – Alice Walker
- “An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so.”- Mohandas K. Gandhi
- “There is a naive belief that injustice only had to be pointed out in order to be cured.”- Gloria Steinem
- “The love of justice is simply in the majority of men the fear of suffering injustice.” — La Rochefoucauld
- “I guess the only time most people think about injustice is when it happens to them.”- Charles Bukowski
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” ― Desmond Tutu
- “I hate injustice, I despise inequity, I condemn hypocrisy, I abhor the lack of reason.”- Alexander Theroux
- “When one has been threatened with a great injustice, one accepts a smaller as a favor.”- Jane Welsh Carlyle
- “Injustice alone can shake down the pillars of the skies, and restore the reign of Chaos and Night.”- Horace Mann
- “Injustice, arrogance, displayed in the hour of triumph, will never be forgotten or forgiven.” – David Lloyd George
- “The moment that justice must be paid for by the victim of injustice it becomes itself injustice.”- Benjamin Tucker
- “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”- Charles Darwin
- “Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.” ― Voltaire
- “Justice is my being allowed to do whatever I like. Injustice is whatever prevents my doing so.” ― Samuel Johnson
- “As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Injustice and lawlessness is the greatest terror a government can ever enforce on its own people!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “I chose to defend human rights because I cannot maintain my silence in the face of injustice.” – Chen Guangcheng
- “Anybody who has ever tried to rectify an injustice or set a record straight comes to feel that he is going mad.” – Mary McCarthy
- “You can only watch injustice go on for so long until you’re compelled to say something. To speak out against it.”- Macklemore
- “Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic rivalry and social injustice.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.”- Bella Thorne
- “The tyranny imposed on the soul by anger, or fear, or lust, or pain, or envy, or desire, I generally call ‘injustice’.” ― Plato
- “Injustice boils in men’s hearts as does steel in its cauldron, ready to pour forth, white hot, in the fullness of time.”- Mother Jones
- “When you take a stand against injustice inflicted upon innocent people, there will be those who will hate you for it.”- Ellen J. Barrier
- “Everything human beings can imagine has been thrown at injustice, and injustice just absorbs it, and enlarges.”― Greg Baxter
- “I am not the least bit surprised that injustice persists. I’m also not surprised that resistance to injustice persists.” ― Tom Morello
- “Injustice often blinds us to the fact that many injustices need to be carried out for justice to be balanced again.”- Robin Sacredfire
- “If you look at any other group of people suffering injustice, women are always in the worst situation within that group.”- Salma Hayek
- “Gender injustice is a social impairment and therefore has to be corrected in social attitudes and behavior.”- Mohammad Hamid Ansari
- “A world marked by so much injustice, innocent suffering, and cynicism of power cannot be the work of a good God.” — Pope Benedict XVI
- “Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man’s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary.”- Reinhold Niebuhr
- “Washing one’s hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.”- Paulo Freire
- “I felt the unfairness of it, the inarguable injustice of loving someone who might have loved you back but can’t due to deadness.” — John Green
- “Yes the truth is that men’s ambition and their desire to make money are among the most frequent causes of deliberate acts of injustice.” ― Aristotle
- “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” – Albert Einstein
- “If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.”- Henry David Thoreau
- “At such a moment, it is not the physical pain which hurts the most; it is the mental agony caused by the injustice, the unreasonableness of it all.”- Viktor Frankl
- “He is the rock, his work is perfect for all his ways are justice. A God of truth and without injustice righteous and upright is He.”- Deuteronomy 32:4 (The Bible Verse)
- “Injustice is a rule of the service, as you know very well; and since you have to have a good deal of undeserved abuse, you might just as well have it from your friends.”- Patrick O’Brian
- “There can be no peace as long as there is grinding poverty, social injustice, inequality, oppression, environmental degradation, and as long as the weak and small continue to be trodden by the mighty and powerful.”- Dalai Lama
- “Since the world has existed, there has been injustice. But it is one world, the more so as it becomes smaller, more accessible. There is just no question that there is more obligation that those who have should give to those who have nothing.” – Audrey Hepburn
Top 10 Martin Luther King Injustice Quotes
Here is a list of some take action against injustice quotes and silence in the face of injustice quotes by the legendary Martin Luther King Jr. an activist and leader in the civil rights movement from 1955.
If you like these quotes about racism and inequality then check our posts on greed quotes and gender equality quotes to inspire you to stand up for women’s rights and gender equality and free the world from gender discrimination.
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. ” – Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls.” – Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “There comes a time when people get tired of being plunged into the abyss of exploitation and nagging injustice.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor, it must be demanded by the oppressed.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “Injustice and corruption will never be transformed by keeping them hidden, but only by bringing them out into the light and confronting them with the power of love.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
- “A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true.”- Martin Luther King (MLK)
Fighting Injustice Quotes To Inspire You
Lot of people have been fighting for injustice since decades. Activists have fought for various issues such as poverty and civil rights and have encouraged people to fight for what is right and just.
It is important to fight against civil injustice because everyone has the right to be treated equally irrespective of their, gender, skin, or skin color.
These powerful injustice quotes, hate injustice quotes, and family injustice quotes from famous personalities, authors, activists, will throw light on how people have been treated unfairly because of some people’s greed.
If you like these popular quotes about the issues of racism and social injustice then check our posts on women supporting women quotes to inspire you to be courageous and stand against bullies.
- “Fighting injustice keeps you young.”- Gloria Allred
“If I sit silently, I have sinned.” — Mohammad Mossadegh
“Fight injustice, that our children might be blessed.”- Rick Perlstein
“Silence in the face of injustice, is injustice in action.” – C. JoyBell C.
“When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.” – Unknown
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” ― Thomas Jefferson
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire
“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
“The answer to injustice is not to silence the critic but to end the injustice.” ― Paul Robeson
“Hopelessness is the catalyst that inspires men to action and demand justice.” ― Fred Munoz
“Love conquers all – love is the grace that transcends any kind of injustice in the end.” ― Mark Ruffalo
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable.” ― John F. Kennedy
“If we won’t fight injustice wherever we see it, then we are not safe from suffering injustice ourselves.” ― Peter Hitchens
“My conscience rebels against the injustice, the cruelty, the inequality that surrounds me on every side.” ― Annie Besant
“Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”- Elie Wiesel
“I think people should be angry at things that are worthy of anger. Injustice is outrageous and deserves outrage.”- Chris Hayes
“When you believe in something, fight for it. And when you see injustice, fight harder than you’ve ever fought before.”- Brad Meltzer
“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot.” ― D. H. Lawrence
“There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice.” ― Charles-Louis de Secondat
“No democracy can exist unless each of its citizens is as capable of outrage at injustice to another as he is of outrage at unjustice to himself.”- Aristotle
“If any of you happens to see an injustice, you are no longer a spectator, you are a participant, and you have an obligation to do something.”- June Callwood
“As long as I continue to breathe, as long as there’s injustice in this world, I will use the voice that God has given me to speak against it.” ― James MacArthur
“Keeping yourself silent when you witness injustice is to act against your own spirituality, because nothing is separated from your inner world.”- Robin Sacredfire
“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.” — Robert F Kennedy
“Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on.” — Thurgood Marshall
“What is the source of our first suffering? It lies in the fact that we hesitated to speak. It was born in the moment when we accumulated silent things within us.” – Gaton Bachelard
“Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love.” – Julian Assange
“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world would do this, it would change the earth.” – William Faulkner
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel
“The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.” ― Lyndon B. Johnson
“As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever-renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other.” ― John Stuart Mill
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”- Desmond Tutu
“Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” — Haile Selassie
‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ Injustice Quotes
- “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” ― Harper Lee, ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
- “The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.” ― Harper Lee, ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
- . “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” ― Harper Lee, ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
In a fair society eveyone should have the same access to all rights and privileges otherwise this is will create an imbalance in the society and be a great threat to social justice.
Social injustice can have grave consequences in any era, to name a few; it can lead to civil unrest, inappropriate sentencing at trial, ill health, underemployment or joblessness, and more.
These uplifting quotes about injustice also cover short injustice quotes, we need to talk about injustice quotes, social injustice quotes in ‘les miserables’, god injustice quotes, slogan on how to prevent and eliminate injustices
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more to spread positive vibes.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.