Looking for inspirational quotes about gender equality? We have rounded up the best gender equality quotes, sayings, slogans, captions, status, and messages, (including images and pictures) to inspire you to stand up for women’s rights and gender equality and free the world from gender discrimination.
Gender equality means people of all genders have equal rights, opportunities, and responsibilities. Besides being a fundamental human right, gender equality is important to achieve a peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world.
Also See: Women Empowerment Quotes
Gender inequality has been a part of our society for many decades around the world. From issues like giving basic education, providing healthcare facilities, income provision to women, etc, gender inequality has been prevalent for ages which has decayed the basic principles of the society.
Now is the time when the whole world needs to come together and fight against gender discrimination and unequal treatment of individuals based on their gender. Raising awareness and speaking on these issues will only help people around the world to change their perception.
With time things have been better, more girls are going to school, not many girls are forced into early marriage, women are serving in positions of leadership, and laws are being formed to support gender equality. But, these are not enough to eradicate gender discrimination. More steps and measures are needed to be taken to free this world from gender inequality in home, schools, workplace, and in society.
Here are some deep gender equality quotes by famous personalities, leaders and activists who raised their voice against discrimination and worked toward the propaganda about gender inequality which undermines a women’s credibility and rights.
These famous quotes are divided into these sections;
- Famous Gender Equality Quotes
- Women Equality Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes About Gender Equality
- Gender Inequality Quotes
If you like these short gender equality quotes and equal rights quotes then check our posts on strong woman quotes and encouraging words for women dedicated to all the women around who show courage and show the strength to move on in the direction of their dreams.
Famous Gender Equality Quotes
- “Love is pure and true; love knows no gender.” – Tori Spelling
- “Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish.” – Albert Einstein
- “Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it.” – Frances Wright
- “Until we get equality in education, we won’t have an equal society.” – Sonia Sotomayor
- “Gender equality is critical to the development and peace of every nation.” – Kofi Annan
- “No country in the world can yet say they have achieved gender equality.” – Emma Watson
- “Men and women have roles – their roles are different, but their rights are equal.” – Harri Holkeri
- “Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.” – Susan B. Anthony
- “If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.” ― Plato
- “It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals.” – Emma Watson
- “Life is not a competition between men and woman. It is a collaboration.” – David Alejandro Fearnhead
- “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” ― Gloria Steinem
- “We are struggling for a uniting word, but the good news is that we have a uniting movement.” – Emma Watson
- “You deserve to be here. You deserve to exist. You deserve to take up space in this world of men.” – MacKenzie Lee
- “If Nigerian women had the same opportunities as men, they could drive GDP up by $13.9 billion.” – Njideka Harry
- “You can’t state difference and also state equality. We have to state sameness to understand equality.” – Unknown
- “Freedom cannot be achieved unless women have been emancipated from all kinds of oppression.” — Nelson Mandela
- “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.” – B. R. Ambedkar
- “Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong…” – Emma Watson
- “Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It’s about something greater. It’s about acceptance.” – Charlize Theron
- “A world full of empowered women isn’t one where men are marginalized. It’s a world where everyone thrives.” ― Purnima Mane
- “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
- “A gender-equal society would be one where the word ‘gender’ does not exist: where everyone can be themselves.” – Gloria Steinem
- “Achieving gender equality requires the engagement of women and men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility.” – Ban Ki-Moon
- “These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they and all others shall have.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “True equality means holding everyone accountable in the same way, regardless of race, gender, faith, ethnicity – or political ideology.” – Monica Crowley
- “Gender equality is not about women, and it is not about men – it is about making workplaces for evryone. Together, we can fix work, not women.” – Michelle King
- “The only way to solve the problem of women’s subordination is to change people’s mindset and to plant the new idea of gender equality into every mind.” – Qingrong Ma
- “Gender equality is the goal that will help abolish poverty that will create more equal economies, fairer societies, and happier men, women, and children.” – Graça Machel
- “Equality is not just the right thing to do. It’s smart economics. How can an economy achieve full potential if it ignores, sidelines, or fails to invest in half its population?” ― Robert Zoellick
- “Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.” — Kofi Annan
- “There are many ways of supporting gender equality, from something as simple, as paid sick leave and flexible work hours to attributing an economic value to all caregiving and making that amount tax-deductible.” — Gloria Steinem
- “Grounded in international human rights, gender equality doesn’t just improve the lives of individual women, girls, and their families; it makes economic sense, strengthens democracy, and enables long-term sustainable progress.” – Helen Clark
- “There are so much wealth and so much misery at the same time, that it seems incredible that people can endure such class difference, and accept such a form of hunger while on the other hand, the millionaires throw away millions on stupidities.” – Frida Kahlo
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela
- “To those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, let me say: You are not alone. Your struggle for an end to violence and discrimination is a shared struggle. Any attack on you is an attack on the universal values the United Nations and I have sworn to defend and uphold. Today, I stand with you, and I call upon all countries and people to stand with you, too.” – Ban Ki-Moon
- “Give a small businesswoman access to capital and training, and she can become a powerful contributor to GDP growth. Include women in governments and peace talks, and they can help ensure that ministries are better run and peace agreements are sustained. Educate a girl, and she will be more likely to raise healthier and more educated children – and end the cycle of poverty.” – Amb. Melanne Verveer
Insightful Women Equality Quotes
Every human has the potential of achieve big in life. But for girls and women around the world, that potential is cut short by inequality and discrimination. To live a life free from discrimination and violence, girls and women must have equal rights and opportunities.
Also See: Powerful Women’s Day Slogans
In order to ensure gender equality, there is a need to eliminate all forms of violence against all women in the public and private areas, inclufing trafficking and other types of exploitation. To ensure that harmful practices like child, or forced marriage do not happen.
The quote by Emma Watson, “It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals”, says it all about women’s rights.
To ensure that women get the opportunity to effectively participate for leadership at all levels of decision making in public, office, economic or political life. All countries have a lot of work to do on issues of women equality.
Also See: Stand Up For Yourself Quotes
Leaders and activists across the world are working towards changing the perception of people since ages. These feminism quotes and iconic gender equality quotes will remind that while half the work may be done, the remaining half is still left to be achieved.
- “Feminism is for everybody.” – Bell Hooks
- “Men of quality respect women’s equality.” – Jeremiah Say
- “When women do better, economies do better.” – Christine Lagarde
- “Women must learn to play the game as men do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Some things just cannot wait. Men must stand up now for women’s equality.” – Rick Goings
- “I am not the woman president of Harvard, I am the president of Harvard.” – Drew Gilpin Faust
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “In the middle east, it is about changing values, such as respect for women.” – Haifaa Al- Mansour
- “I do not wish them [women] to have power over men, but over themselves.” – Mary Wollstonecraft
- “The only thing required to be a woman is to identify as one. Period. End of story.” – Amanda Lovelace
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I am a feminist. I’ve been female for a long time now. I’d be stupid not to be on my own side.” – Maya Angelou
- “Women’s liberation is the liberation of the feminine in the man and the masculine in the woman.” – Corita Kent
- “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” – Viola Davis
- “When women leaders like me do not feel the inequality, we tend to forget that something is not working.” – Ida Auken
- “Next time you are about to call a little girl bossy, say instead: She has executive leadership skills.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Hiring and promoting talented women is the right thing to do for society and it is an economic imperative.” – Carlos Ghosn
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
- “Feminism, when it truly achieves its goals, will crack through the most basic structures of our society.” – Shulamith Firestone
- “We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons…but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.” – Gloria Steinem
- “Equal pay isn’t just a women’s issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise, and the whole family benefits.” – Mike Honda
- “To see a woman making 5 dollars a day that was able to put a dollar aside to reinvest in her business was pretty remarkable.” – Rachel Robbins
- “Women are more sensitive to other women than men are, and that is a huge advantage when it comes to running a business.” – Juan Carlos Thomas
- “Women’s rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us.” – Toni Morrison
- “We know that when women are empowered, they immeasurably improve the lives of everyone around them—their families, their communities, and their countries.” – Prince Harry
- “Alone, a woman is a root curling for change, But together, women are a forest alive with spirit: a riotous power, the most timeless pact, a call to action, to all those who hear it.” – Amanda Gorman
- “A woman is human. She is not better, wiser, stronger, more intelligent, more creative, or more responsible than a man. Likewise, she is never less. Equality is a given. A woman is human.” – Vera Nazarian
- “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Entrepreneurship offers a special opportunity for women. Entrepreneurship provides women the opportunity to provide for their families without sacrificing their roles and responsibilities. It gives way for flexibility.” – Lakshmi Balachandra
- “We need the talent and insights of girls today to lead our businesses tomorrow. That’s why expanding educational opportunities for girls isn’t charity. It’s a smart investment in a stronger global economy and in our future.” – Indra Nooyi
Inspirational Quotes About Gender Equality
Gender equality is a noble cause and is a precondition for an equitable society. Here are a list of some amazing gender equality quotes by famous people such as Michelle Obama, Mery Shelley, Audre Lorde, and more, which will remind you how much work is left to be done to attain gender equality on our society.
If you like these positive Mitchell Obama gender equality quotes and popular gender equality quotes then check our posts on solidarity quotes and standing up to oppression quotes to motivate you to take a stand and speak against injustice.
- “Gender equality is a human fight, not a female fight.” – Unknown
- “Gender equality must become a lived reality.” – Michelle Bachelet
- “All in for equality. There’s no limit to what we can accomplish together!”
- “There is no limit to what we as women can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “Gender equality is not a women’s issue, it is a human issue. It affects us all.”
- “Gender parity is not just good for women – it’s good for societies.” – Angelica Fuentes
- “More men need to speak up for the participation of women.” – Carolina Borbon Parma
- “Gender equality will only be reached if we are able to empower women.” – Michelle Bachelet
- “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
- “Find your identity, your true self, and live your mission…Your power is your radical self. Find it.” – Aya Chebbi
- “I think women have been treated like second-class people, no matter where in the world we go.” – Priyanka Chopra
- “The health of a mother and child is a more telling measure of a nation’s state than economic indicators.” – Harjit Gill
- “Feminism as an emotion, which would be compassion and kindness, is seen as a weakness. We need to change that mentality.”
- “If you believe in your idea of change and are willing to work hard, sooner or later that dream will be a reality.” – Naomi Tulay Solanke
- “It is not scientific proof of gender equality that is required, but general acceptance that women are at least the equals of men or better.”
- “To achieve gender equality, we need to mobilize not just parliaments but populations, not only civil society but all of society.” – Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
- “Culture does not make people. People make culture. If it is true that the full humanity of women is not our culture, then we can and must make it our culture.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “Gender equality, historically has been predominantly a women’s movement for women. But I think the impact of gender inequality and how it’s affecting men hasn’t really been addressed.” – Emma Watson
- “We have to attack cultural norms at the roots. The real impact every single person has in their hands is teaching children and all people around us on why gender equality is really important.” – Andree Simon
- “It is time that men and boys recognize the part they must play in gender equality and join with the voices and actions of the women and girls who are trying to re-shape society in the interests of us all.” – Jimmy Carter
Gender Inequality And Discrimination Quotes
Discrimination based on gender (or sex) is a common civil rights violation that takes many forms around the world at all levels.
Issues like sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, and unequal pay for women who do the same jobs as men in offices and work have been a cause of concern for ages. As per studies, most U.S. women are all too familiar with all of these inequalities.
We see men to be always on a priviledged position of power, even though women are equally capable. The mindset of people from ages have always been that men are better than women. But the right to have equal pay, equal respect and equal opportunities is a basic need and right of every individual.
May these inspiring quotes gender discrimination quotes ecnourage you to believe that men and women are equal and should be treated with equal respect.
- “Once made equal to man, a woman becomes his superior.” – Socrates
“Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.” – George Carlin
“Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.” – Coco Chanel
“When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s…[bossy].” – Bette Davis
“When men are oppressed it’s a tragedy, when women are oppressed it’s a tradition.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” – Margaret Atwood
“We are the generation of change. We have the power and a new viewpoint and we’re going to change the world – watch us.”
“A society that fails to harness the energy and creativity of its women is at a huge disadvantage in the modern world.” – Tian Wei
“So God created man in His own image in the image of God created him; male and female he created them.” – Genesis 1:27 (Bible Verses)
“There is still nothing like equality for women in jobs, in family. There’s just an awareness that inequality is not acceptable.” – Alix Kates Shulman
“Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
“No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens.” – Michelle Obama
“I know of no industrial society where women are the economic equals of men. Of everything that economics measures, women get less.” – Ivan Illich
“My hope for the future, not just in the music industry, but in every young girl I meet, is that they all realize their worth and ask for it.” – Taylor Swift
“Women have talent and intelligence but due to social constraints and prejudices, it is still a long distance away from the goal of gender equality.” – Pratibha Patil
“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” – Jane Austen
“I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
“…gender relationships, which are tough for people to deal with, are key to whether a society orients to domination or partnership in all its relations.” – Riane Eisler
“I’m pro everyday equality, everyday celebration, and everyday respect. I feel fortunate that we are not back in the days when men were seen as more powerful.” – Elle Macpherson
“We all are different. Yet we are all God’s children. We are all united behind this country and the common cause of freedom, justice, fairness, and equality. That is what unites us.” – Barbara Boxer
“I yearn for true gender equality. I have no patience for one who talks about female privilege when it suits them, and then complains about someone “not being a man” when it’s convenient.” – Kazuma Satou
“To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” – Hillary Clinton
“Society as whole benefits immeasurably from a climate in which all persons, regardless of race or gender, may have the opportunity to earn respect, responsibility, advancement, and remuneration based on ability.” – Sandra Day O’Connor
“The pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness can become a reality for everyone if we eliminate issues standing in the way of improved race relations. I love this country and we’ve made so much progress, but we’re not there yet.” – Bernard J. Tyson
“When girls are valued less than boys, women less than men, they face multiple risks throughout their lives – at home, at work, at school, from their families, and from strangers. Gender-based violence is a major consequence of gender inequality. It is a worldwide phenomenon.” – Bukky Shonibare
Women around the world have been achieving so much in all walks of life. Be it as a homemaker, at her workplace, in goverment jobs, in politics, women have proved their mettle and always empowered other women with their grit and strength.
With the prevalence of gender discrimination, and social norms and practices, girls become always been prone to oppression and discrimation. Right from her childhood days a girl is subject to atrocities be it her right to education, work, marriage, or respect. Societies that value women and men as equal are safer and healthier. So it’s time we raise our voice and also our thoughts to treat them equally.
These inspiring quotes about gender equality also cover gender equality slogans, Emma Watson gender equality quotes, quotes on gender equality in education, women’s day gender equality quotes, kazuma satou and Ruth Bader Ginsburg gender equality quotes.
Let us know which of the above sayings and quotes you resonate the most with? If you have a quote which is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, and more to raise more awareness.