Looking for inspirational quotes about being disrespectful? We have rounded up the best collection of disrespect quotes, sayings, captions, proverbs, and status messages (with images and pictures) to inspire you to respect others and most importantly yourself.
To disrespect others means to behave in an insulting way towards them. It’s about not showing any respect to others and thinking little of them. In fact, it’s the opposite of showing respect, by acting in an impolite, rude, and offensive way.
Also See: Toxic Family Quotes
A good example of this is not giving up your set to an elderly person or playing on your phone while you are someone is talking to you.
We come across people in life who talk with attitude, and arrogance and are very disrespectful in their behavior. Showing disrespect to others and insulting them is a weakness of one’s character. Mean words can cause great damage to people’s minds and feelings.
Dealing with disrespectful and nasty people can be a tricky affair. When confronted with disrespectful behavior from a family member, stranger, grumpy coworker, or friend, you should try not to take their behavior personally.
Also See: Relationship Respect Quotes
Try to avoid them and reciprocate them with respect, love, kindness, good manners, and politeness. This is the best way to deal with people who are disrespectful and have a toxic mindset.
Disrespect Quotes And Sayings
- “Disrespect is the weapon of the weak.” – Alice Miller
- “A man who disrespects a woman doesn’t deserve one.” – Unknown
- “When we disrespect a person, we disrespect God.” – Unknown
- “Your apology needs to be as loud as the disrespect was.” – Unknown
- “If you accept their disrespect they won’t respect you.” – Sonya Parker
- “Disrespect cannot be commanded, it must be earned.” – Matthew Taberner
- “Never disrespect anyone. Pride comes before a thunderous fall.” – Don Santo
- “Respect depicts acceptance while disrespect is rejection.” – Fawad Afzal Khan
- “Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.” – Unknown
- “Being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.” – Tupac
- “Disrespect earns the displeasure of the creator and the creation.” – Abdul-Qadir Gilani
- “Those who disrespect you with their mouth don’t deserve your ear.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “If they disrespect you to your face, imagine what they’re doing behind your back.” – Sonya Parker
- “Disrespect adheres to the ignorant; like wet leaves, breathed, on cold skin.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
- “A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.” – Billy Graham
- “Arrogance, disrespect and demand have higher price. Kindness, respect and tact give better prize.” – Angelica Hopes
- “Contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one’s own despised and unwanted feelings.” – Alice Miller
- “I would rather adjust my life to your absence then adjust my boundaries to accommodate your disrespect.” – Unknown
- “Don’t disrespect yourself just to get attention from a person that doesn’t love you or want to be with you.” – Sonya Parker
- “It’s better to be alone and keep your dignity than to be in a relationship where you always sacrifice your self-respect.” – Auliq Ice
- “Just because someone is family doesn’t mean have to tolerate lies, chaos, drama, manipulation and disrespect.” – Unknown
- “If you disrespect everybody that you run into, how in the world do you think everybody’s supposed to respect you?” – Aretha Franklin
- “Never make excuses for someone who disrespects you-who they are or what they do isn’t a pass to treat you like trash!” – Trent Shelton
- “Don’t let people disrespect you. My mom says don’t open the door to the devil. Surround yourself with positive people.” – Cuba Gooding, Jr.
- “A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.” – Bill Watterson
- “Pity, I knew, was just disrespect wrapped in kindness. I had to address it early, or it would grow unwieldy in time.” – Veronica Roth, Carve the Mark
- “You don’t have to disrespect and insult others simply to hold your own ground. If you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.” – Red Haircrow
- “No matter what the reason, if you start to scream and shout, you look a fool, and you feel a fool, and you earn the disrespect of everyone.” – Michael Caine
- “Abusive language and swearing are a legacy of slavery, humiliation, and disrespect for human dignity, one’s own and that of other people.” – Leon Trotsky
- “When someone disrespects you, beware the impulse to win their respect. For disrespect is not a valuation of your worth but a signal of their character.” – Brendon Burchard
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
- “Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare.” – Brené Brown
Quotes About Disrespecting To Deal With Rude People
There are many ways in which a person can be disrespectful to others. Some ways include bullying, intimidation, being abusive, or gossiping about others.
Some people enjoy humiliating others by demeaning them or by passing insensitive jokes and remarks. They like to exploit the weakness of others and undermine their position.
These sayings about disrespecting will inspire you to stop disrespecting people and don’t let someone get comfortable disrespecting you.
- “Disrespect prevents love from growing.” – Anoir Ou-Chad
- “Don’t let someone get comfortable disrespecting you.” – Unknown
- “True irreverence is disrespect for another man’s god.” – Mark Twain
- “I believe in a lively disrespect for most forms of authority.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Manipulation is when they blame you for your reaction to their disrespect.” – Unknown
- “You can’t force a person to show you respect, but you can refuse to be disrespected!” – Unknown
- “Our contempt for others proves nothing but the illiberality and narrowness of our own views.” – William Hazlitt
- “Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. Know when to let go and never compromise your self-respect.” – Unknown
- “If we as a people realized the greatness from which we came we would be less likely to disrespect ourselves.” – Marcus Garvey
- “I’m learning how to walk away from situations or people who threaten my peace of mind, self-respect, or self-worth.” – Unknown
- “It’s impossible to resolve conflict with disrespectful people because they communicate with their ego.” – Collen Sheehy Orme
- “Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.” – Dave Willis
- “The widespread shame of motherhood is criminal, and it needs to stop. The world can never improve if you disrespect the people that bring life.” – Zawe Ashton
- “I wonder why guys mistreat and disrespect girls. But then they expect life to hand them a good woman when they’re older and ready to settle down?” – Angelina Jolie
- “I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager, and never, ever your uniform.” – Ryne Sandberg
- “I have never in my life let a man disrespect me, verbally or physically, and that will never change. I feel very strongly about this because it’s something my mother instilled in me and that I have instilled in my daughters.” – Yolanda Hadid
- “I realized that I had slowly let them get comfortable disrespecting me. I had to put up boundaries for emotional self-defense. There comes a time when Givers must protect themselves because Takers have no interest in protecting you.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Being tolerant does not mean acquiescing to the intolerable; it does not mean covering up disrespect; it does not mean coddling the aggressor or disguising aggression. Tolerance is the virtue that teaches us to live with the different. It teaches us to learn from and respect the different.” – Paulo Freire
- “Never tolerate disrespect. The more chances you give someone the less respect they’ll start to have for you. They’ll begin to ignore the standards that you’ve set because they’ll know another chance will always be given… They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable disrespecting you.” – Unknown
- “I once heard it said that when a guy often acts disrespectfully to you, his bad behavior is not a piece of the puzzle. It solves the whole mystery. It tells you who he is. So don’t get wrapped up in the bliss of his candy-coated personality when he’s trying to make it up to you.” – Jason Evert, How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul
Quotes About Being Disrespected
Disregardful behavior stops communication, undermines staff morale, and creates an unhealthy environment.
Lack of respect can make the recipient to experience, anger, shame, fear, self-doubt, confusion, and depression, and can cause physical problems like hypertension, fatigue, insomnia, and nausea.
Such feeling reduces a person’s ability to make sound judgments and they lose the ability to think clearly.
If you like these quotations about being disrespected then check our collection of when children hurt their parents quotes and never hurt your mother quotes to inspire you to always respect your mother and be her support system.
- “Disagreements are fine, disrespect is not.” – Unknown
- “Peace over drama. Distance over disrespect.” – Unknown
- “Never give permission to people to disrespect you.” – Unknown
- “Respect me at all means. No halfway disrespect.” – Jermell Charlo
- “Men are respectable only as they respect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If somebody disrespects me they will pay for it. I promise.” – Anderson Silva
- “What people say about you is a reflection of their own insecurities.” – Willie Nelson
- “Guys look best when they have a healthy disrespect for their clothes.” – Michael Bastian
- “The best way to end disrespect is by not giving them a chance to do it again.” – Unknown
- “When you tolerate disrespectful people you disrespect yourself.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Only once in my life was I on the edge of incivility. I do not like to be unkind.” – David Rockefeller
- “Nothing in the history of humankind has been disrespected as much as nature.” – M.F. Moonzajer
- “I respect everybody. You don’t have to earn my respect. You earn my disrespect.” – Charlie Murphy
- “I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” – Edward Gibbon
- “Don’t expect others to respect you if you can’t even respect yourself. Respect starts with you.” – Unknown
- “Those who make hostility a daily manner are often left in the lurch at difficult times.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “No woman deserves to be disrespected; to be beaten up, to be called bitches or sluts. Assaulted or insulted. Even if she’s a hooker.” – Imam Shah
- “Disrespect is tired. Shade is old. Sipping ‘tea’ isn’t cute. But loving, supporting, giving, being grateful, and perpetuating light, is.” – Grace Gealey
- “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “You’re not going to be liked by everybody when you speak the truth. I don’t speak the truth to put people down; I don’t speak the truth to show disrespect.” – Hope Solo
Disrespect In Relationship Quotes
Any relationship is laid on the foundation of love, respect, trust, support, and understanding. There can be nothing sad than being disrespected by your partner.
Especially, when your partner cheats or betrays you, then it is heartbreaking. People go through a lot of pain, sadness, and emptiness in a relationship when their loved ones disrespect them or hurts them mentally, physically, or with harsh words.
Also Check: Toxic Relationship Quotes
A disrespectful relationship is one in which people don’t value each other. In such relationships, one person might not treat the other person unfairly. Disrespectful behavior can start with a small thing and can grow over time, even to the extent of abuse that can be physical or mental.
Also Check: Bad Relationship Quotes
Dealing with such relationships can be never easy so you should find ways to get rid of the toxicity that clouds your life. Distancing yourself with such people is all you need to do, to get control over your life.
- “Love is not a reason to tolerate disrespect.” – Unknown
- “If you want her respect, do not disrespect her feelings.” – Gift Gugu Mona
- “When people don’t respect one another seldom is there honesty.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Never fight with or disrespect your partner in front of other people.” – Divyanka Tripathi
- “Don’t disrespect me, lie about it, and then come smile in my face and act like nothing’s wrong.” – Scottie Pippen
- “There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you’ll miss their companionship and you’ll also miss their disrespect.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Sometimes it’s not always straightforward, but it’s not always confusing either. You just have to respect a person’s decisions without disrespecting them.” – Temi O’Sola
- “Some people console themselves by telling themselves that at least their lover or spouse does not disrespect them enough to cheat on them openly.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Love is a reason for so many things… But not to tolerate disrespect and abuse. Let love be the force that heals you from a bad relationship; not what keeps you in it.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I’ve got a good man. He takes care of me. I don’t have to be scared of anything because I know he will kick every ass… disrespect him and you’ve got a problem.” – Whitney Houston
- “You can’t be the dad who takes your kid out after your wife has said, ‘No ice cream,’ buys the ice cream, and says, ‘Don’t tell your mother.’ You teach the child to lie―and to disrespect the other parent.” – Howie Mandel
- “I want to say a little something that’s long overdue, the disrespect to women has got to be through. To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends, I wanna offer my love and respect till the end.” – Adam Yauch
- “What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?” – Socrates
- “The characteristics of healthy boundaries include self-respect; non-tolerance of abuse or disrespect; responsibility for exploring and nurturing personal potential; two-way communication of wants, needs, and feelings; expectations of reciprocity; and sharing responsibility and power.” – Laurie Buchanan, PhD
- “The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” – Aristophanes
Disrespect Hurts Quotes
- “The essence of American racism is disrespect.” – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “Don’t let someone get comfortable with disrespecting you.” – Unknown
- “Disrespecting yourself can be harmful to your future self.” – Angel Moreira
- “I wouldn’t disrespect myself or my art with any imitations.” – Shawn Crahan
- “I’m game for a lot of things. But I won’t disrespect myself in any way.” – Ginuwine
- “I had to stop being so understanding. I was overlooking the disrespect.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from the people who: Lie to you. Disrespect you. Use you. Put you down.” – Unknown
- “You can choose to disrespect me but I will not give you permission to hurt my spirit.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Sad fancies do we then affect, In luxury of disrespect To our own prodigal excess Of too familiar happiness.” – William Wordsworth
- “I refuse to be broken, unappreciated, used, or disrespected. I will handle myself in a way that no one can ever do those things to me.” – Massy Arias
- “Never say mean words out of anger. Your anger will pass. But your mean words can scar a person for life. So use kind words or be silent.” – Unknown
- “I don’t appreciate the disrespect, because I’ve been playing hurt for a guy who won’t respect you. I don’t deserve it…It’s time for me to move on.” – Melvin Mora
People contempt each other in relationships by lying, cheating, betraying, or degrading each other. You feel disrespected when you are cheated on by your husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend.
When nothing else works drop them from your lives and free yourself from all negativity and hurtful behavior to keep your self-esteem.
These popular disrespect quotes also cover love and disrespect quotes, tired of disrespect quotes, family disrespect quotes, disrespect quotes for him, disrespect quotes for her, I will not tolerate disrespect quotes, don’t tolerate disrespect quotes, and relationship disrespect quotes.
If you like these deep quotes about disrespecting others then check our collection of silent treatment quotes and gaslighting quotes to inspire you to take a stand and walk out of your abusive relationship.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom every morning to spread good vibes.