100 Relationship Respect Quotes To Value Your Love
Looking for inspirational quotes on respecting each other in a relationship? We have rounded up the collection of best relationship respect quotes, sayings, captions, status, and messages (with images and pictures) to strengthen the bond with your loved ones and show them respect.
Also Check: Relationship Loyalty Quotes
Every relationship is based on the foundation of respect, love, trust, and honesty. Treating each other with respect and caring for each other are the qualities that make a relationship everlasting.
Respecting your partner and valuing their thoughts is very important in a relationship, failing to do so will result in the failure of any relationship.
Respecting your partner means valuing their feelings. It also means taking their opinions into consideration when you take important decisions that affect the life of both of you. Moreover, it is important to communicate with them honestly and let them know how important and special they are in your life.
Lastly, you should be willing to compromise whenever necessary because when partners compromise and show mutual respect for each other it helps them understand each other better.
Also Check: Toxic Relationship Quotes
No matter how much you love someone, if you don’t give respect to your partner then the relationship won’t survive. Along with respect, honesty and loyalty are important qualities that one should have for a healthy relationship.
Being respectful is one of the most important traits that people value in relationships – whether friendship, romantic, or business. By giving respect you show that you value your relationship and that you want them to last for a long time.
These motivational quotes are divided into these sections;
- 20 Best Relationship Respect Quotes
- Quotes About Respect In Relationship
- Mutual Respect Quotes In Love And Relationship
- Self-Respect Relationship Quotes
- No Respect Relationship Quotes
Self-respect and self-esteem are very important for everyone. You should never let go of your self-respect to save your relationship.
These powerful quotes about respect in a relationship will help you make your bond stronger by giving respect and time to your loved ones, be it your romantic relationship with your partner or your marriage.
20 Best Relationship Respect Quotes
- “Respect is as important as love in relationship!!” – Unknown
- “Once you take care of people, people respect you.” – George Weah
- “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.” – Bruce Lee
- “Men are respectable only as they respect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “You can demand courtesy but you have to earn respect.” – Lawrence Goldstone
- “Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.” – Mona Sutphen
- “How people treat you with their karma. How you react is yours.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you. Is the way to build relationship!”
- “You don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.”
- “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained and loyalty is returned.” – Auliq Ice
- “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “Respect is an invention of people who want to cover up the empty place where love should be.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Long distance relationship will work if two people involve are strong in faith, love and respect for each other.”
- “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner. It is based on respect, compromise, care and trust!!” – Shahzeb Afzal
- “A perfect relationship takes a lot of practice to work. A lot of sacrifice, pain, regret and honesty. Most of all, it takes a lot of respect.” – Unknown
- “A great relationship is about two things: First, appreciating the similarities, and second, respecting the differences.” – Anonymous
- “Without respect, relationships are lost. We’re all different and if someone can’t value your differences and respect your values and beliefs, then they don’t deserve a front row seat in your life.”
- “Sometimes to keep a relationship you need to compromise. You have to give up your self respect and pride… just because you don’t want to lose what you have… But a person who truly loves you will never let you do that… he will never let you compromise on your self esteem… No matter what circumstances are…” – Neena Gupta
Quotes About Respect In Relationship
- “Respect out of fear is no respect.” – M. K. Soni
- “Respect depends on reciprocity.” – Nyang Proverb
- “Never waste your feelings on people who don’t value them…” – Unknown
- “If you value a relationship treat it with respect and kindness.” – Unknown
- “Respect is what we owe; love, what we give.” – Philip James Bailey
- “If you can’t Respect her, you don’t Deserve Her!” – Udayveer Singh
- “If she does not respect you, she will replace you.” – Habeeb Akande
- “Politeness is a sign of dignity, not subservience.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you are not being treated with respect, don’t be a doormat.” – Robert Rain
- “Never pay attention to someone who has not earned your respect.” – Habeeb Akande
- “Love and respects are the most important aspects of parenting and of all relationships.” – Unknown
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” – Robert Holden
- “Respect commands itself and it can neither be given nor withheld when it is due.” – Eldridge Cleaver
- “The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.” – Steve Hall
- “Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there’s no reason to continue.” – Unknown
- “Always remember the golden rule, respect yourself and do not allow other people to use you or take advantage of your weakness.” – RD King
- “Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given.” – Hussein Nishah
- “When we love and respect people, revealing to them their value, they can begin to come out from behind the walls that protect them.” – Jean Vanier
- “I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT…Goodbye.” – Steve Maraboli
- “When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be.” – Thomas S. Monson
Mutual Respect Quotes In Love And Relationship
For a relationship to last, it is very important that partners have mutual respect for each other. To have a strong foundation in a relationship treating your partner respectfully on a daily basis is essential. Without mutual respect, a relationship might cease to exist.
Also Check: Best Relationship Quotes To Celebrate Love
To make a relationship work it is important for partners not to impose authority over each other. There might be differences of opinion but disagreeing with your partner respectfully is the best way to keep your relationship healthy.
Valuing and trusting your partner’s judgment and giving your opinions at the same time is what shows mutual respect for each other.
- “Respect is as important as love in a relationship.”
- “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” – Confucius
- “All sides must learn to respect one another.” – Reuven Rivlin
- “Be modest, be respectful of others, try to understand.” – Lakhdar Brahimi
- “Love is honesty. Love is a mutual respect for one another.” – Simone Elkeles
- “Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it.” – R.G. Risch
- “I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.” – Herbert H. Lehman
- “We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.” – Taylor Swift
- “Trade is a proper and decent relationship, with dignity and respect on both sides.” – David Attenborough
- “We will not agree on every issue. But let us respect those differences and respect one another.” – John Lynch
- “Respect those who talk to you in their free time, But love those who free their time to talk to you. – Unknown
- “Respect other people’s feelings. It might mean nothing to you, but it could mean everything to them.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “I guess at the end of the day, all women like to be appreciated and treated with respect and kindness.” – Sofia Vergara
- “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.” – Jackie Robinson
- “Respect is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.” – Annie Gottlieb
- “If we can respect the divine within us, if we can treat it with dignity, then we can respect others around us.” -Vishwas Chavan
- “She isn’t mad at you. She isn’t bad with you. Don’t misunderstand her. Don’t abuse or insult her. Don’t leave her alone. Give her some hugs and food.”
- “Be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, always offering respect onto others and never expecting any in return.” – Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
- “Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take.” – Kina Grannis
Self-Respect Relationship Quotes
To make people realize our worth and make them respect us, we first have to love and respect ourselves. Being self-respecting means you began to believe in yourself and feel worthy of being treated fairly and with courtesy.
Also Check: Abusive Relationship Quotes
Below is the list of some interesting self-respect relationship quotes that will help you to build love and respect for yourself.
Whether you are a girl or a boy or being in a relationship, these quotes will help you regain your self-esteem and make you feel confident and good.
- “Love and respect will make any good relationship better.”
- “Never waste your feelings on people who don’t value them…”
- “Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue.” – John Herschell
- “Respecting the woman you love should be your highest priority.”
- “No relationship is ever worth sacrificing your dignity or self respect for.” – Unknown
- “If someone doesn’t appreciate your presence make them appreciate your absence.”
- “Without love, respect and trust a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond.”
- “I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” – Maya Angelou
- “Respecting someone indicate the quality of your personality.” – Mohammad Rishad Sakhi
- “Respect, trust, communication and understanding are important for a relationship to survive.”
- “The secret of a happy life is respect. Respect for yourself and respect for others.” – Ayad Akhtar
- “Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners” – Laurence Sterne
- “I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self respect.” – Mandy Hale
- “If you know someone is already taken, please respect their relationship. Don’t be the reason they end up single.” – Unknown
- “Show respect, even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.” – Unknown
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
- “In any relationship there must be same respect and value… You can not expect love every time sometime you have to express… Every time it is not ego some time it is self-respect…”
No Respect Relationship Quotes
A relationship cannot only survive on love only. It takes respect and trust to build strong and lasting relationships. When there is a lack of respect in any relationship then there is no hope for the future of such a relationship.
Disrespect in a relationship can mean disregarding your partner’s feelings, needs, and emotions. You tend to disrespect your partner when you don’t give them the respect and importance that they expect from you.
Also Check: Struggling Marriage Quotes
Disrespect in a relationship can mean a lot of things. Being abusive, not fulfilling your partner’s emotional needs, lack of support from your partner, or using sarcastic comments to put your partner down, are all signs of lack of respect in a relationship.
- “Disrespect is the weapon of the weak.” – Alice Miller
- “Don’t let someone get comfortable with disrespecting you.” – Unknown
- “I believe in a lively disrespect for most forms of authority.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Respect depicts acceptance while disrespect is rejection.” – Fawad Afzal Khan
- “In the end, those who demean others only disrespect themselves.” – D.B. Harrop
- “Losing someone who doesn’t respect or appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.”
- “A real man will respect you even when he’s mad at you. Remember that.” – Unknown
- “You can’t force a person to show you respect, but you can refuse to be disrespected….”
- “Distance yourself from people who: Lie to you. Disrespect you. Use you. Put you down.”
- “Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Adolf Hitler
- “Those who disrespect you with their mouth don’t deserve your ear.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Disrespect for life is a direct reflection of violating the laws of the kingdom of love.” – Sunday Adelaja
- “To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.” – Bono
- “Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance, and appreciation.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Without respect love is lost. Without caring love is boring. Without honesty love is unhappy. Without trust love is unstable.”
- “It’s impossible to resolve conflict with disrespectful people because they communicate with their ego.” – Colleen Sheehy Orme
- “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “If you repeatedly have to tell someone the same exact thing about how you feel and nothing changes, understand they don’t respect you.” – Word Porn
- “I won’t ever tell you what you can and can’t do. I’ve signed up to be your partner, not your parent. If you wanna put yourself in a position that can ruin what we have, then so be it. What I will tell you is what I like and don’t like. This is where compromise and respect comes in.”
- “Respect is at the root of love. Be still and know that you don’t have to coax anyone to hold you in high regard. When love is intentional and authentic, there will be no anxiety about reciprocity. Connections meant for you won’t be second-guessed or filled with uncertainty. Free yourself from relationships that leave you feeling insignificant.” – Alex Elle
You may have a controlling boyfriend/husband or wife/girlfriend who dominates you and wants things his/her way. There are various signs and red flags which you ignore on a regular basis.
These may include manipulation, abusive behavior, anger issues, cheating, and many other signs which might give you a clear picture and help you understand that there is no respect in the relationship and that moving away from it is the best thing for you.
These famous quotes about respect in relationships also cover relationship without respect quotes, self-respect relationship quotes, I respect your feelings quotes, give respect take respect quotes, self-worth relationship respect quotes, and disrespect quotes.
If you like these amazing relationship respect quotes then check our collection of mature relationship quotes and relationship understanding quotes that you can relate to.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.