Halloween 2023 falls on Tuesday, 31st of October 2023. With October around the corner, are you all ready for Halloween? We have collected the best collection of short Halloween quotes, sayings, words, phrases, status, and captions, (with images and pictures) to use this October season!
Halloween holidays are all about setting the spooky-themed decorations, crafty DIY constumes, and pumpkin carvings, jack-o-lanterns, to trick-or-treaters. It’s a great time for all including kids and adults.
And we are constantly looking on for interesting Halloween short quotes, Spooky Short Halloween words, and funny short Halloween captions to caption our pictures and write them on Halloween Letterboards.
Also See: Halloween Captions With Friends
We have divided these funny and sassy short quotes for Halloween into these sections;
- Top 20 Short Halloween Quotes
- Best Short Halloween Captions For Instagram
- Spooky Halloween Sayings Short
- Cute Short Halloween Quotes
- Halloween Short Quotes That’ll Get You In the Spooky Spirit
- Top Halloween Jokes And Puns
Your Instagram followers won’t be able to miss your post without liking it. So once you gang up with your BFFs and have fun, click some amazing pics and post them on your social media accounts with these awesome captions and status messages.
Top 20 Short Halloween Quotes
- “Eat, drink and be scary!” – Unknown
- “I witch you a Happy Halloween.” – Unknown
- “Be afraid … Be very afraid.” – Ronnie, The Fly
- “A mask tells us more than a face.” – Oscar Wilde
- “For some of us, Halloween is everyday.” – Tim Burton
- “It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared.” – Vincent Price
- “The cobwebs in my house just became my decorations!” – Unknown
- “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” – Stephen King
- “Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.” – Edgar Allen Poe
- “May your candy supply last you well into the Christmas season.” – Unknown
- “There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand.” – Mary Shelley
- “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” – Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” – Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
- “Halloween is the only time I can easily convince others that my children are monsters.” – Unknown
- “I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.” – The Criminologist, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” – Evan Peters
- “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’” – Dexter Kozen
- “Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.” – Stephen Graham Jones
- “I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.” – Bram Stoker
- “Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” – Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
Best Short Halloween Captions For Instagram
- Bad to the bone.
- Bugs and hisses.
- Creature feature.
- Ready, set, ghoul!
- Witchful thinking.
- Too cute to spook.
- Boo from the crew.
- Mischief managed.
- Mummy of the year.
- Happy Howl-oween.
- Too ghoul for school.
- No tricks, just treats!
- What’s up, pumpkin?
- Absolutely fa-boo-lous.
- You better work, witch.
- Keep calm and scare on.
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
- Having a boo-tiful night.
- Ghouls just wanna have fun.
- Keep calm and carry a wand.
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch.
- Have a fang-tastic Halloween.
- My broomstick runs on scares.
- You’ve got me under your spell.
- This is where the magic happens.
- Something wicked this way comes.
- Oh my gourd, Becky, look at her bat.
- Everything’s better with a little magic.
- This witch can be bribed with chocolate.
- Witch-ing you a very Happy Halloween!
- A real witch is nothing without her ghoul friends.
- A better costume than me? That’s just witch-ful thinking.
- Brrr … it’s cold in here. There must be some spirits in the atmosphere!
Spooky Halloween Sayings Short
- “I’m just here for the BOO’S.”
- “If the broom fits, ride it!” – Unknown
- “This witch can be bribed with chocolate.” – Unknown
- “Wishing you a spook-tacular Halloween!” – Unknown
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley
- “October brings crisp, cool nights and Halloween frights.” – Unknown
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself…and spiders.” – Unknown
- “Hope you don’t have a scare in the world this Halloween!” – Unknown
- “There is something haunting in the light of the moon.” – Joseph Conrad
- “Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days.” – Unknown
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L. M. Montgomery
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.” – Unknown
- “Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and caldron bubble.” – William Shakespeare
- “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” – Unknown
- “During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. At night, I’m a little more open-minded.” – Unknown
- “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.” -Paula Guran
- “Keep calm and scary on.” —Unknown “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” – Emma Bombeck
Cute Short Halloween Quotes
- “A candy a day keeps the monsters away.” – Unknown
- “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!” – Max, Hocus Pocus
- “Something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare
- “It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” – Brackett
- “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” – William Shakespeare
- “Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day!” – Rusty Fischer
- “Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” – Humbert Wolfe
- “On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be.” -Ava Dellaria
- “Wishing you a spooky good October and a fang-tastic Halloween!” – Unknown
- “Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.” -Ichabod Crane
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” – Unknown
- “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” – Eden Phillpots
- “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” – Robert Brault
- “Halloween shadows played upon the walls of the houses. In the sky, the Halloween moon raced in and out of the clouds… It was a lovely and exciting night, exactly the kind of night Halloween should be.” – Eleanor Estes
Halloween Short Quotes That’ll Get You In the Spooky Spirit
- “Never trust the living.” – Beetlejuice
- “This is Halloween, everybody make a scene!”
- “Tis the night – the night Of the grave’s delight…” – Arthur Cleveland Coxe
- “We came, we saw, we kicked its as.” – Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
- “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” – Winifred Sanderson
- “Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on all Hallows eve.” – Kim Elizabeth
- “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” – Mayer Booist
- “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.” – Rusty Fischer
- “Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond
- “I’m a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else.” – Wednesday, The Addams Family
- “Ghosts and goblins and jack-o-lanterns at night; I sure hope your Halloween is the best type of fright! Happy Halloween!”
- “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” – Elizabeth, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
- “When the spooks have a midnight jamboree/They break it up with fiendish glee…..” – “The Headless Horseman,” The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- “Halloween was the best holiday, in my opinion, because it was all about friends, monsters, and candy, rather than family and responsibility.” – Margee Kerr
- “Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds … true love?” – Dracula
More Halloween Quotes And Poems
Let us know which of the above Halloween captions and quotes you resonate the most with? If you have a quote which is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc..to spread the spooky vibes this Halloween.