Have you ever thought about how well you know yourself? Looking for motivation to wake up and begin your journey towards finding your true self?
I have rounded up the best collection of self-discovery quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire you to know your inner self and live a purpose-driven life.
What does self-discovery mean?
Self-discovery – also called ‘finding oneself’, ‘finding your purpose’, or ‘knowing thyself’ – is a process or journey of understanding your true self, your needs, and your likes and dislikes.
Why Is Self-Discovery Important?
Self-discovery is important because it helps you live a more meaningful life. When you understand and accept your true self, you tend to take better decisions in life, work, and relationships.
Self-exploration is all about becoming aware of your thoughts and emotions. Staying connected to your inner self helps you to take better care of yourself.
It will enable you to find a career path that you are truly passionate about. When your goals and dreams are in sync with your desires you tend to have a fulfilling career and you are more likely to succeed.
Self-reflection is not a journey that can be completed overnight. It is an ongoing process that takes time. Discovering yourself is a continuous process that will help you to introspect, self-reflect, adapt to change, and grow in life.
Also Check: Know Yourself Quotes
These insightful self-discovery quotes will inspire you to follow your true path and live a more happy, content, and purposeful life.
Top 10 Self Discovery Quotes To Find Yourself
- “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
- “The longest journey is the journey inward.” – Dag Hannarskjold
- “True self-discovery begins where your comfort zone ends.” – Adam Braun
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi
- “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I wasn’t searching for something or someone….I was searching for me.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Resolve to be thyself; and know that he who finds himself, loses his misery.” – Matthew Arnold
- “Self-discovery begins with self-love. You have to love yourself enough to find yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself you will always be someone else. Become yourself.” – Myles Munroe
Best Quotes About Self Discovery
Self-discovery helps you realize your true potential. This is the time when we should sit with a calm mind and try to find what do we want from life.
- “Discover Thy-self.” – Anonymous
- “All wonders you seek are within yourself.” – Sir Thomas Browne
- “There is a wild world INSIDE you waiting to be explored.” – Unknown
- “Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you.” – Mooji
- “There is more to myself than anyone has so far discovered.” – Anonymous
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E Cummings
- “The journey toward self-discovery is life’s greatest adventure.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.” – Doris Mortman
- “Discovering who you are today is the first step to being who you will be tomorrow.” – Destiny’s Odyssey
- “Self-discovery often happens when we move out of our comfort zone and change the norm.” – Fola O’Martins
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “One’s own self is well hidden from one’s own self; of all mines of treasure, one’s own is the last to be dug up.” – Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- “I was once afraid of people saying “Who does she think she is? Now I have the courage to stand and say, “This is who I am.”” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The secret of concentration is the secret of self-discovery. You reach inside yourself to discover your personal resources, and what it takes to match them to the challenge.” – Arnold Palmer
- “Self-discovery is above all the realization that we are alone: it is the opening of an impalpable, transparent wall – that of our consciousness – between the world and ourselves.” – Octavio Paz
- “I think self-discovery is the greatest achievement in life, because once you discover yourself and accept what you are, then you can fulfill your true potential and be happy.” – Marco Pierre White
Inspirational Quotes On Self Discovery
Going deeper into self-realization can transform your life. You need a lot of courage to start an inward journey, you may come to know things about yourself that you may find difficult to accept.
Knowing yourself requires a lot of self-awareness and self-knowledge. Knowing more about the way your mind works also helps you control your emotions in a better way.
- “In suffering we find our truest selves.” – Jesie Burton
- “The only journey is the one within.” – Rainer Maria Rilka
- “A wise man travels to discover himself.” – James Russell Lowell
- “The delights of self-discovery are always available.” – Gail Sheehy
- “Self-discovery is a journey of questioning yourself.” – Archibald Marwizi
- “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” – KushAndWizdom
- “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
- “Life is a school where you learn how to remember what your soul already knows.” – Anonymous
- “I think somehow we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It is not only the most difficult thing to know oneself, but the most inconvenient one, too.” – H.W. Shaw
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” –Lao Tzu
- “You have no need to travel anywhere. Journey within yourself, enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendour of your own light.” – Rumi
- “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” – Thomas Szasz
- “Finding yourself is a lifelong journey of discovery. The horizon of self is always moving and keeps you engaged in the pursuit. It is evolution by design.” – Unknown
- “Every now and then your soul needs a break from the schedule, the expected, the familiar, the routine, and the known to get back to the root of who you are. Journey deep enough to find yourself. Return to your home within.” – Unknown
Deep Discover Yourself Quotes To Know Yourself
- “Know thyself.” – Socrates
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
- “Who am I? Ask and start your journey within.” – Anonymous
- “And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?” – Rumi
- “Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paints what he is.” – Jackson Pollock
- “The most satisfying journey is the journey you take inward with yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
- “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” – C.G. Jung
- “There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “When you know yourself you are empowered. When you accept yourself you are invincible.” – Tina Lifford
- “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” – Lao Tzu
- “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life and there is nothing better.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
- “Once you’ve started down that road to self-discovery, no matter how treacherous the path before you, you can’t turn back. The universe doesn’t allow it.” – Lisa Unger
If you are think you can relate with these deep self-discovery quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.