Need some motivation to plan your life and way to success? I have rounded up the best collection of planning quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire you to make your road map on your way to a successful career.
Planning provides direction for action. By stating in advance the plan of action and how work is to be done, proper planning ensures that goals and objectives are clearly defined and achieved in time.
Importance of Planning?
Planning is ascertaining prior to what to do and how to do it.
Planning gives direction to your ideas and actions. Preparation of a plan and making a strategy beforehand help you increase efficiency and assess the risks.
Ascertaining your goals, managing time, developing strategies, and outlining tasks and schedules to accomplish the goals will help you be on track toward your goals.
Also See: Goal Setting Quotes
Planning is very significant in work, career, organization management, and every aspect of life. It holds great importance in the life of students, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
An insightful quote by Benjamin Franklin, states “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
These inspirational quotes about planning will encourage you to take charge of your life and be focussed, determined and consistent in your actions.
Top 10 Quotes About Planning
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential.” – Winston Churchill
- “A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.” – Confucius
- “Make time for planning: Wars are won in the general’s tent.” –Stephen R. Covey
- “Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident.” – Chuck Knox
- “Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.” – Sun Tzu
- “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” – Thomas Edison
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even should they rarely stick to their plan.” – Winston Churchill
Best Planning Quotes To Take Control of Life
Planning your day, month, and year will always give you a clear picture of what you want in your life. It helps you with time management and lays out a clear blueprint of your ideas and actions that needs to be taken.
You will find yourself focusing better on your goals and optimizing the results by following the precise direction toward success.
- “Keep calm and plan on.” – Unknown
- “Plans are things that change.” – Fujio Cho
- “If plan A doesn’t work the alphabet has 25 other letters.” – Unknown
- “The intelligent have plans; the wise have principles.” – Raheel Farooq
- “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “Think ahead. Don’t let day-to-day operations drive out planning.” – Donald Rumsfeld
- “Don’t wait until you’re in a crisis to come up with a crisis plan.” – Phil McGraw (Dr. Phil)
- “As in all successful ventures, the foundation of a good retirement is planning.” – Earl Nightingale
- “The sooner you start planning your life, the sooner you will live the life you dream of.” – Hans Glint
- “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” – Peter Drucker
- “Plans are the essential means by which we chart a course for our collective future.” – Elizabeth Warren
- “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” – Alan Lakein
- “There is a time to plan, a time to act, and a time to rest; it is wise to know which is which.” – Emily Rodda
- “There is no substitute for work. Worthwhile results come from hard work and careful planning.” – John Wooden
- “If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough.” – Edward Everett Hale
- “Every minute you spend in planning saves 10 minutes in execution; this gives you a 1,000 percent return on energy!” – Brian Tracy
- “If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.” – Abraham Maslow
- “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem
- “Once you’re more aware of people’s needs, you can create action plans for others to follow. That way, you’re responsible for your own well-being, too.” – Deepak Chopra
Famous Quotes About Plans To Reach Your Goals
With proper planning, mental alertness, and preparation you can save time, and money and put your efforts into the right channels. Being ready for any situation and a testing time is what will separate you from failing.
Be inspired by these preparation quotes which emphasize the importance of planning and being prepared as you journey towards a successful life.
- “If the plan doesn’t work change the plan, not the goal.” – Unknown
- “A goal without an action plan is a daydream.” – Nathaniel Branden
- “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.” – Dale Carnegie
- “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Goals are dreams we convert to plans and take action to fulfill.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Goals without planning are like praying without believing.” – Michael Corthell
- “Planning is a skill and an art which takes a lifetime to master.” – Paddick Van Zyl
- “Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “If I can create the minimum of my plans and desires, there shall be no regrets.” – Bessie Coleman
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” – Fitzhugh Dodson
- “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” – Tom Landry
- “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Goal setting is the most important aspect of all improvement and personal development plans. It is the key to all fulfillment and achievement.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Speaking from my personal experiences, setting goals, along with a detailed action plan, has actually changed my life from one cast in frustration to one of purpose.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Inspirational Quotes On Planning For Success
There are many planning tools and Apps available that help you to organize and plan your day and schedule. Journaling your goals and checklist always help to complete your tasks on time.
These meaningful quotes about future planning will encourage you to stick to your plans and complete them on schedule.
- “Good luck is the result of good planning.” – Unknown
- “Success is the residue of planning.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Success doesn’t just happen. It’s planned for.” – Unknown
- “Rushing never saved the time that planning did.” – Ben Parris
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Failing to plan is planning to fail. Hope is not a plan.” – Harrison Jones
- “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The man who is prepared has his battle half fought.” – Miguel De Cervantes
- “The most successful people are those who are good at Plan B.” – James Yorke
- “For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.” – Claire Cook
- “The backbone of success is hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance.” – Mia Hamm
- “A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow.” – George Patton
- “To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
- “There are dreamers and there are planners; the planners make their dreams come true.” – Edwin Louis Cole
- “With adequate planning, passion and perseverance, you can achieve the God-given goals.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.” – Jack Welch
- “Few people have any next, they live from hand to mouth without a plan, and are always at the end of their line.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer
Lack Of Planning Quotes For Preparation
Lack of planning and preparation means a lack of direction. Be it a war strategy, business, career or life without a proper plan one is lost. Even the best of ideas needs plans to put things into action.
Thinking ahead is what will always give you edge over others and help you reach your goals.
- “Chance favors the prepared mind.” – Louis Pasteur
- “It is a bad plan that admits of no modification.” – Publilius Syrus
- “The end we aim at must be known, before the way can be made.” – Jean Paul
- “Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance.” – Stephen Keague
- “Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.” – Bob Carter
- “Just because you make a good plan, doesn’t mean that’s what’s gonna happen.” – Taylor Swift
- “Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” – Peter F. Drucker
- “Having a sense of purpose is having a sense of self. A course to plot is a destination to hope for.” – Bryant McGill
- “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” – Brian Tracy
- “A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there.” – H. Stanely Judd
- “Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood and probably themselves will not be realized.” – Daniel Burnham
- “The wise man bridges the gap by laying out the path by means of which he can get from where he is to where he wants to go.” – J.P. Morgan
- “The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The finest plans have always been spoiled by the littleness of them that should carry them out. Even emperors can’t do it all by themselves.” – Beretolt Brecht
- “He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life.” – Victor Hugo
Some of the most famous planning quotations by great leaders, philosophers, teachers, and strategists like Zig Ziglar, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy and more give deep insight into the importance of strategic planning, implementation, and execution of ideas.
Successful people focus all their energy on their goals irrespective of what’s happening around them. Be motivated by these effective strategic planning tips and get into Action now!
If you think you can relate to uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.