Looking for insightful quotes about infidelity in marriage? Read the best collection of infidelity quotes, sayings, and captions that will help you forgive and move past the pain.
What is Infidelity?
Infidelity also referred to as adultery and cheating, is an act of being unfaithful to your partner, typically by involving some form of emotional or physical involvement with someone outside of the relationship.
In a world where trust and loyalty form the foundation of every relationship, infidelity can have devastating consequences on a relationship between partners.
Infidelity involves a betrayal of trust and can cause immense emotional pain, hurt, and even the end of the relationship.
Infidelity comes in the disguise of betrayal, disloyalty, lies, and being cheated by someone whom you love.
There can be nothing terrible if you are heartbroken by someone who has been unfaithful in your relationship.
Infidelity can have a significant impact on both partners involved and can lead to feelings of anger, shame, guilt, and hurt. It can also lead to a breakdown in communication within the relationship and trust between partners.
Dealing with betrayal and cheating can be very difficult. You can feel isolated and lost and may find it difficult to understand how to move forward.
But betrayal in love or a relationship should never stop you from moving forward in life.
These inspirational quotes about infidelity will help you find your way back from all the confusion and pain so that you can forgive and move forward in life.
Top 10 Infidelity Quotes
- “Infidelity is not a mistake, it’s a choice.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity does not come from a lack of love it comes from a lack of respect.” – Unknown
- “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is the ultimate betrayal. It destroys the very foundation of a relationship.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is a betrayal of the deepest kind, and it can be very difficult to heal from.” – Esther Perel
- “Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Once someone cheats, it’s like they’ve thrown a grenade into the relationship and it can never be the same again.” – Unknown
- “Cheating on someone is deeper than people realize, it destroys their outlook on love, their future relationships and peace within themselves.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity carries a scent. It lingers around a person. It colors your behavior in such a way that your partner can’t help but notice something’s changed.” – Unknown
Sad Quotes About Infidelity
If you are betrayed, lied to, or cheated on by your wife or husband then it fills you with anger, hurt, sadness, and a lot of resentment. It is difficult to trust your partner again.
Nothing can be worse than discovering that the person you had loved and trusted and offered all your loyalty to has cheated on you.
Dealing with infidelity can be very difficult for people who have been cheated.
Some couples are able to rebuild their relationship through communication and counseling, while others prefer ending their relationship and going ahead in life.
Here is a list of infidelity quotes that explore the range of emotions associated with infidelity and offer advice on how to move forward.
- “Infidelity is the ultimate form of selfishness.” – Unknown
- “The cruelest lies are often told in silence.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Once trust is broken, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is like a poison that seeps into every aspect of a relationship.” – Unknown
- “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.” – Patti Callahan Henry
- “The worst thing about being cheated on is knowing that you weren’t enough.” – Unknown
- “Trust is like a mirror, once it’s broken, you can never look at it the same way again.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is a fairly common occurrence in society but very often not spoken about.” – Rasika Dugal
- “The only thing worse than being cheated on is being with someone who is still cheating.” – Unknown
- “The worst kind of hurt is betrayal because it means someone was willing to hurt you just for their own benefit.” – Unknown
Deep Infidelity Quotes For Her & Him
- “Forget enough to get over it. Remember enough so it doesn’t happen again.” – Unknown
- “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Unknown
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Unknown
- “Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes, we have to be broken down so that we can be rebuilt into what we’re actually meant to be.” – Unknown
- “Most people cheat because they’re paying more attention to what they’re missing rather than what they have.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is mentally, emotionally, and physically painful to the betrayed spouse. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.” – Dr. Karen Finn
- “Every test in our life makes us bitter or better. Every problem come to break us or make us. The choice is ours whether we become victim or victor.” – Unknown
- “On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% … and that’s pretty good.” – Unknown
- “Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations – but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself but whole families.” – Junot Diaz
Famous Quotes For Infidelity
These infidelity quotes can also help to provide comfort and solace to those who are struggling with this difficult experience.
- “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” – Arthur Miller
- “It’s better to be cheated on than to be a cheater.” – Unknown
- “Cheating is easy, but the aftermath is a nightmare.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity raises profound questions about intimacy.” – Junot Diaz
- “Infidelity is a dagger that strikes at the heart of a relationship.” – Unknown
- “Infidelity is like cancer that eats away at the fabric of a relationship.” – Unknown
- “Everybody should be entitled to one lie, one failing, one infidelity.” – Martin Firrell
- “Bad marriages don’t cause infidelity; infidelity causes bad marriages.” – Frank Pittman
- “In a way, fraud in business is no different from infidelity in marriage or plagiarism in scholarly work. Even people committed to high moral standards succumb.” – Miroslav Volf
- “Infidelity is not about love but about a personal need system out of wack, an inability to set boundaries, a sense of entitlement, an addiction problem, unresolved internal tension from a long time ago, a deep-seated belief of inadequacy plus more.” – Dr. Robert Huizenga
Emotional Infidelity Quotes
- “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.” – Unknown
- “The best apology is changed behavior.” – Unknown
- “Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living.” – Unknown
- “We pardon infidelities, but we do not forget them.” – Madame de La Fayette
- “Infidelity is horrible. There’s nothing worse than that; it’s devastating.” – Jessica Capshaw
- “Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.” – Unknown
- “The hardest thing about cheating is the realization that you broke someone’s trust.” – Unknown
- “There is nothing more humiliating than loving someone so much that you forgive the infidelities.” – Jerry Hall
- “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.” – Unknown
- “There’s so many different ways to cheat. People think infidelity is the way to cheat. I think it’s sometimes far worse to emotionally cheat on somebody.” – Sandra Bullock
Also, check out our collection of mistakes in relationship quotes and failed relationship quotes that you might relate to if you are going through a strained relationship with your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend.
Which of these famous infidelity quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.