Dealing with confrontation issues? These inspirational confrontation quotes and sayings will help you to find the courage and strength within yourself to face any challenge head-on.
Confrontations can be difficult but it is a very essential aspect of relationships. It involves bringing up an issue, problem, or conflict directly instead of talking behind their back.
And the most essential aspect of confrontation is honest communication, clarity, and confession.
We often avoid confrontation with others as we are afraid of getting hurt or rejected. And some people may be afraid of the conflict itself.
However, a lot of people are not confrontational as they see conflict as a negative experience and believe it will only lead to pain and drama.
But to maintain lasting relationships you should not fear confrontation. Because it can be done in an effective, healthy, and respectful manner.
Confronting someone requires courage with a motive to find a solution rather than simply arguing.
These insightful quotes about confrontation will give you an extra spark of confidence to defuse a tense situation.
Top 10 Confrontation Quotes
- “Confrontation was the stuff of daily life.” – T.J. Stiles
- “All confrontation is based on deception.” – Paul Watson
- “Confrontation is better than insinuation.” – Sunday Adelaja
- “Confrontation is better than assumptions.” – Sunday Adelaja
- “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “The bigger confrontation is the one an individual has with itself.” – Asghar Farhadi
- “Let us move from the era of confrontation to the era of negotiation.” – Richard M. Nixon
- “To confront a person with their own shadow is to show them their own light.” – Carl Jung
- “In order to maintain a friendship, do not avoid confrontation, but rather, embrace it.” – Christopher Jones
- “Confront somebody with an issue before it becomes a conflict. Confrontation is not all bad.” – Sunday Adelaja
Best Quotes About Confrontation
- “Truth carries with it confrontation.” – Francis Schaeffer
- “You can’t change what you refuse to confront.” – Unknown
- “Confrontation is a positive way to handle negative events.” – Steve Gilliland
- “Worry does not mean fear, but readiness for the confrontation.” – Bashar al-Assad
- “There can be no progress without head-on confrontation.” – Christopher Hitchens
- “Sometimes confrontation is necessary to avoid situations that confrontation can’t fix.” – Unknown
- “Direct confrontation, direct conversation is real respect. And it’s amazing how many people get that.” – Penn Jillette
- “Only those who confront unusual challenges can flaunt unusual success.” ― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
- “If we become too scared to confront the chief problems of our time, there is no hope of ever solving them.” – Jim Demint
- “The bed is now as public as the dinner table and governed by the same rules of formal confrontation.” – Angela Carter
- “The pain of honest confrontation is what generates the greatest trust and respect in your relationships.” – Mark Manson
- “Friends confront each other sometimes, and sometimes the friendship lasts, and sometimes it doesn’t.” – Brooke Elliott
- “Truth demands confrontation. It must be loving confrontation, but there must be confrontation nonetheless.” – Francis Schaeffer
- “Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead.” – Jerry Gillies
- “The most effective way to ensure the value of the future is to confront the present courageously and constructively.” – Rollo May
- “It is thought that power is important during confrontation but more essential is to use ignorance as utmost power.” – Irfan Mamoun MD
- “We must choose dialogue over confrontation, and peaceful settlement of disputes over unilateral acts of imposition.” – Nguyen Phu Trong
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Confront your inadequacies and push your personal boundaries: It’s the surest way to grow, improve and expand the scope of your influence.” – John C. Maxwell
- “The most difficult thing is to recognize that sometimes we too are blinded by our own incentives. Because we don’t see how our conflicts of interest work on us.” – Dan Ariely
- “The smarter you get,the less you speak. You grow to realize not everyone is worth confrontation. Your time is valuable. Your energy is priceless. You won’t waste either on people who don’t deserve them.” – Unknown
Avoiding Confrontation Quotes
- “Confrontation always chills a liar’s blood.” – Unknown
- “I got into direct confrontation with everybody I love.” – Lauryn Hill
- “Terror must never be allowed as a means for political confrontation.” – Klaus Kinkel
- “Confrontation is not bad. Goodness is supposed to confront evil.” – Fred Shuttlesworth
- “I have several times made a poor choice by avoiding a necessary confrontation.” – John Cleese
- “In a confrontation with the politics of power, the soft center has always melted away.” – Lord Hailsham
- “Confrontation is something that I accept as part of the project though not its purpose.” – Andy Goldsworthy
- “If we confront someone. we should have one goal in mind: restoration. not embarrassment.” – Chuck Swindoll
- “Military confrontation is not a suitable alternative in confronting terror and current security threats.” – Jalal Talabani
- “There are women who take it to the wire. That’s what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack.” – Sean Connery
- “My upbringing did not create a healthy affection for confrontation. I’d love it if everyone always got along, and nothing ever got tense.” – Trisha Yearwood
- “Confrontation is not a dirty word. Sometimes it’s the best kind of journalism as long you don’t confront people just for the sake of a confrontation.” – Don Hewitt
- “Whatever confronts your faith can be a test but if it stands to oppose the content of your personality and the validity of your convictions then it’s threat.” – Kingsley Opuwari Manuel
- “One of the hardest challenges posed by the modern world is how to deal with abundance. It’s even harder to confront because admitting that it’s a problem seems spoiled.” – Naomi Alderman
- “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.” – August Wilson
- “Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.” – Sun Tzu
- “Confronting and undermining the narratives and ideas of extremism must therefore be one of our key tasks. To do this, we must retain the courage of our convictions in the face of extremism.” – Jonas Gahr Store
- “We all have a dark side. Most of us go through life avoiding direct confrontation with that aspect of ourselves, which I call the shadow self. There’s a reason why. It carries a great deal of energy.” – Lorraine Toussaint
- “An angel and a devil are always beside us, and the one we listen to more will prevail. This confrontation is what makes life so magical because you are always challenged by the circumstances – we are good and evil depending on how we act.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The older I get, the more I realize 9 times out 10 when I think there’s a need to correct and confront – it’s actually my own emotions getting defensive and I’m really wanting to justify my choices, behavior, and opinions.” – Wendy Imboden
If you think you can relate to these uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Which is your favorite confrontation quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.