Discover a collection of powerful individuality quotes that encourage you to stand out, be authentic and embrace your uniqueness.
These inspirational quotes by famous personalities celebrate the importance of embracing your individuality and staying true to yourself in a world that often pressures people to conform.
In a society where everyone is hustling to fit in these wise words will give you the courage to be yourself and stand out from the crowd.
Some of the most famous writers, poets, leaders, scientists, and actors have inspired us with their words to be real, different, and successful.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of trendsetter quotes and captions to inspire you to believe in yourself.
Top 10 Individuality Quotes
- “In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic.”— Iman
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Your individuality is the most valuable thing you have.” — Martha Beck
- “Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E. E. Cummings
- “The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself.” — Rita Mae Brown
- “In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized.” — Alex Grey
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” — Mark Twain
- “Individuality is either the mark of genius or the reverse. Mediocrity finds safety in standardization.” — Frederick E. Crane
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Best Quotes About Individuality
- “I have beauty intelligence, individuality, sensuality and sexuality.” — Shannon Tweed
- “Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Embrace your individuality. Love what you love without worrying about judgement.” — Unknown
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” — Albert Einstein
- “The most talented, thought-provoking, game-changing people are never normal.” — Richard Branson
- “Fashion can be bought by anybody; style takes discernment, it has to do with individuality.” — Bill Blass
- “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” — Bruce Lee
- “Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.” — Jane Goodall
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― Andre Gide
Individuality Quotes To Be Yourself
- “Be first. Be different. Be unique.”— Unknown
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be.” — Coco Chanel
- “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” — Joseph Campbell
- “Individuality is the spark that ignites innovation and progress.” — Unknown
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — A. A. Milne
- “The only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” — Unknown
- “Be sure that the ins and outs of your individuality are no mystery to Him; and one day they will no longer be a mystery to you.” — C. S. Lewis
- “A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses.” — Oscar Wilde
- “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” — Oprah Winfrey
Famous Quotes About Individuality
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out!” – Dr. Seuss
- “It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.” — Hans F Hanson
- “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” — Margaret Mead
- “Individualism is rather like innocence; there must be something unconscious about it.” — Louis Krone
- “Two things are necessary, the development of individuality and the participation of the individual in a truly social life.” — Maria Montessori
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
- “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live.” — Gianni Versace
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.” — Albert Einstein
- “Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual; you have an obligation to be one.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
More Inspirational Quotes
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.