Read the best collection of greatness quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to reach your true potential.
Greatness is a quality that lies within us all. It is the ability to strive for excellence and to make a difference in the world. It is something that we can all aspire to, no matter our circumstances or situation.
Greatness can be found in small acts of kindness or grand gestures of heroism.
The path to greatness is a journey of self-improvement and hard work. It requires dedication, focus, and the willingness to challenge yourself.
Becoming great is not something that can be achieved overnight but rather something that takes time and effort to develop.
Also Check: Self-Improvement Quotes
To achieve greatness, one must have a clear vision of what one wants to achieve, set realistic goals for themselves, and develop the right habits and mindset necessary for success.
No matter what path we take, striving for greatness is what makes life worth living.
These words of wisdom from famous authors, leaders, and entrepreneurs can help you become better versions of yourselves.
These motivational quotes about greatness will remind you that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
Top 10 Greatness Quotes
- “Man’s greatness lies in his power of thought.” – Blaise Pascal
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
- “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” – Les Brown
- “Whoever renders service to many, puts himself in line for greatness.” – Jim Rohn
- “Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon ’em.” – Shakespeare
- “The seeds of greatness are ideas you learn from people who’ve been great in their service to others.” – Denis Waitley
- “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
- “When you are destined for greatness, it shows in everything you do. It becomes you. Greatness becomes you.” – Lorii Myers
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
Famous Greatness Quotes
Greatness is not just about achieving success or fame. It’s about becoming the best version of ourselves and making a positive impact on the world around us.
Also See: Success Quotes
Whether you’re an athlete, entrepreneur, or simply someone who wants to live a more fulfilling life, these quotes will help you tap into your greatness and achieve your goals.
- “You were born for greatness. Remember that.” – Unknown
- “Greatness is a lot of small things done well.” – Eric Thomas
- “No one ever achieved greatness by playing it safe.” – Unknown
- “Greatness begins beyond your comfort zone.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “Greatness is living life outside of your comfort zone.” – Lewis Howes
- “Beautiful souls are shaped by ugly experiences.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.” – Unknown
- “Go for greatness. Anything else is a waste of time.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Greatness is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends.” – Unknown
- “Believe in your greatness. Because what you believe is what you become.” – Udai Yadla
- “A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Stars do not pull each other down to be more visible, they shine brighter.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Cowards shrink from challenges, weaklings flee from them, but warriors wink at them.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Greatness is attainable. Greatness is multiple small achievements built over a period of time.” – Lee David Daniels
- “Thunder roars but does not strike. Lightning strikes but does not roar. Choose to be lightning.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “If a lion turned every time small dogs barked at it, it would be the laughing stock of the jungle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “Together, we can inspire galaxies of greatness for generations to come. No, sky is not the limit. It is only the beginning.” – Donovan Livingston
Inspirational Quotes On Greatness
Whether it’s in sports, business, or personal development, many of us strive to achieve greatness in some form.
These greatness quotes can serve as a source of guidance, inspiration, and encouragement when we encounter challenges or setbacks.
- “You can’t cost-cut your way to greatness.” – Ruth Porat
- “To be great is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Run away from greatness and greatness will follow you.” – Abu Bakr
- “No one has ever achieved greatness without dreams.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Stick to your true north – build greatness for the long term.” – Ruth Porat
- “Seek not greatness, but seek truth and you will find both.” – Horace Mann
- “True greatness consists in being great in little things.” – Charles Simmons
- “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “Greatness is not measured by money or stature. It is measured by courage and heart.” – Unknown
- “Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t wait for the world to recognize your greatness, live it and let the world catch up to you.” – Unknown
- “Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people.” – Mike Tyson
- “Greatness comes from fear. Fear can either shut us down and we go home, or we fight through it.” – Lionel Richie
- “Everyone has the power for greatness, not for fame, but greatness, because greatness is determined by services.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals.” – Dorothy Height
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.” – William J. H. Boetcker
Powerful Quotes to Inspire Greatness
- “Creativity means believing you have greatness.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- “A great person is one who affects the mind of their generation.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “You can only become great at that thing you’re willing to sacrifice for.” – Maya Angelou
- “You treat people with greatness and greatness will come back to you.” – Afrika Bambaataa
- “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.” – John Buchan
- “The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.” – James Buchanan
- “Greatness, generally speaking, is an unusual quantity of a usual quality grafted upon a common man.” –William Allen White
- “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
- “There will never be ‘the right time’ in your life to do a great thing. You must create that time and greatness will follow.” – John A. Passaro
- “Man’s greatness consists in his ability to do and the proper application of his powers to things needed to be done.” – Frederick Douglass
- “Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “The starting place for your greatness is desire. The desire to succeed, to serve others, to keep on going no matter what…” – Assegid Habtewold
- “Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness–great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.” – Jim Rohn
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “If we are to be really great people, we must strive in good faith to play a great part in the world. We cannot avoid meeting great issues. All that we can determine for ourselves is whether we shall meet them well or ill.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Best Greatness Quotes To Be Your Best Self
- “Greatness is a choice.” – Unknown
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
- “You are destined for greatness. Believe in yourself and go for it.” – Unknown
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- “Your greatness is limited only by the investments you make in yourself.” – Grant Cardone
- “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.” – Olivia Benson
- “The greatness of art is not to find what is common but what is unique.” – Isaac Bashevis Singer
- “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
- “To achieve great things we must live as if we were never going to die.” – Marquis de Vauvenargues
- “Discover the traits that makes you great and develop those to become all you can be.” – Demond Jackson
- “Surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself!” – Zig Ziglar
- “The contemporary form of true greatness lies in a civilization founded on the spirituality of work.” – Simone Weil
- “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” – Edmund Hillary
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “The brain is one truly amazing organ, and the power it wields can propel you to greatness only if you put in the necessary effort.” – Annabelle Higgins
Motivational Greatness Quotes And Sayings
- “A man’s dreams are an index to his greatness.” – Zadok Rabinwitz
- “Give yourself permission to step into your greatness.” – Dave Gambrill
- “Greatness does not approach him who is forever looking down.” – Hitopadesa
- “The louder the dogs bark the less a lion feels threatened.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Big dreams create the magic that stir men’s souls to greatness.” – Bill McCartney
- “If we cannot see the possibility of greatness, how can we dream it?” – Lee Strasberg
- “Greatness comes by beginning something that doesn’t end with you.” – Robin Sharma
- “Work leads to greater success than nonwork. Hard work leads to greatness.” – Greg Henry Quinn
- “Overcome your fear of failure, so it doesn’t stop you from achieving greatness.” – Matthew Turner
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Nothing can hold you back from your great desires, dreams, and aspirations as fear of failure.” – Donald Allen
- “Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You have the power to achieve greatness and create anything you want in life – but you must take action.” – Jack Canfield
- “Everyone can be great at something; everyone is on a path to becoming great, and leaders facilitate, encourage and empower that greatness.” – Jim Holm
- “Great leaders can see the greatness in others when they can’t see it themselves and lead them to their highest potential they don’t even know.” – Roy T. Bennett
Everyone has the potential to achieve greatness. Greatness comes from the willingness to do extraordinary things – to go beyond your potential and continuously chase your dreams.
It is all about forcing yourself to get better day by day and aim to achieve higher things than you thought you could.
These powerful quotes about greatness will encourage you to take positive action toward bringing out the greatness in you and in others.
Feel free to share these insightful quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.