60 Feeling Helpless Quotes That You Will Relate To
Are you feeling sad and emotionally helpless? Looking for quotes that might describe your helplessness? We have rounded up the feeling helpless quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) that you can resonate with.
Feeling helpless means when you feel absolutely defenseless and deprived of the power to control a situation or your life.
Life is full of ups and downs and there are moments when we can feel helpless be it physically, emotionally, or mentally.
When you are unable to help yourself or someone else, where you really wanted to do something are moments when you feel very weak.
Be it a heartbreak, the death of a loved one, or a stressful situation, if you are not able to decide or act then you feel powerless.
Also See: Feeling Empty Quotes
The emotion can be really sad where we lose all hope, optimism, and passion. Often the feeling of hopelessness may give us a feeling that there is no expectation of future improvement.
These helpless quotes and sayings will give you hope that you are not alone in this battle and there are others who feel the same way and also find out ways to get over it.
These quotes will help you overcome the feeling and change the powerless situation to one in your favor.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of feeling down quotes and feeling sad quotes that you can relate to.
Feeling Helpless Quotes
- “If you feel weak and helpless, you can always find help.”
- “If you are feeling helpless, help someone.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
- “What a caterpillar calls the end, the master calls it the butterfly.”
- “He seems trapped, helpless and furious, a feeling I know all too well.”
- “There is no pain greater than feeling helpless in the face of a loved ones.” – Unknown
- “It will make you feel empty and helpless, and this is where you will stay.”
- “I hate the feeling when I really want to help but there’s nothing I can do.”
- “There is no pain greater than to be helpless in the face of a loved one’s suffering.”
- “If you show the frustration of life on the face, people will not even come to you for help.”
- “Living in a depression can make you feel deprived of your own power and hope for the future.”
- “We start to think about whether we live in the wrong world, where we live, and helpless thoughts.” – Unknown
- “The people in my group, feeling helpless, were both fascinated and overwhelmed at the same time.”
- “You are worried about the people and things you might lose, but at the same time you feel powerless.”
- “People grow up alone, and this strong sense of isolation makes them feel that no one understands them.”
- “When we put these situations in front of us, we all feel frustrated many times and sometimes feel helpless.”
- “When you start to feel trapped and helpless, close your eyes and you have more space to get to where you need to be.”
- “Someone like me shouldn’t be human. Someone with my luck ought to be little less helpless.” – Stephenie Meyer
- “Maybe it’s just an act of prayer and the feeling that someone there is listening to us makes us feel better and less helpless.”
- “Fate has funny way of testing a persons’ will either by doing nothing at all or by having everything happen to a person at once.”
- “You ever feel helpless? Well I have. And then I swore to not to feel that again but here I am again and again.” – Amateur writer
- “The suffering of the loved one was in many ways worse than the suffering he endured because it left a feeling of helplessness.”
- “I don’t know if there is a greater sense of helplessness than trying to reach out to someone you love who is trapped underground.”
- “I know what it means to feel alone and helpless, and the last thing you want to feel in a situation like this is that everything will be fine.”
- “The suffering of a loved one was in many ways worse than one’s one suffering because it left one feeling so very helpless.” – Mary Balogh
- “A helpless person is one who is helpless to reform himself. A hopeless man sees the difficulties in his life and gives up, while hopeful people have difficulties.”
- “You feel hollow and helpless, and that remains the case. I think it’s because you’re scared and you feel helpless, so you try to do things that you still find difficult.”
- “One of the worst feelings is feeling helpless. To realize in certain situations you’re completely and totally powerless. That you gotta try to roll with the hard punches life will throw.”
- “If your mind is constantly negative and marked by fear, mistrust and feelings of helplessness, even if your best friends are pleasant and the atmosphere is pleasant, your surroundings will not be happy.”
- “Grief is perhaps an unknown territory for you. You might feel both helpless and hopeless without a sense of a “map” for the journey. Confusion is the hallmark of a transition. To rebuild both your inner and outer world is a major project.” – Anne Grant
Sad Helpless Quotes
These and other feeling helpless quotes remind us that we are not alone in our struggles and that there is always hope for a better tomorrow.
They encourage us to find the inner strength to persevere through difficult times and to never give up in the face of adversity.
These feeling helpless quotes can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation to keep pushing forward, even when things seem hopeless.
- “I feel empty inside.”
- “I feel like dying when I’m helpless.” – Stan Laurel
- “When anxiety arises. You will enter a vicious circle.”
- “I stare blankly at the wall, and it doesn’t matter what you tell me.”
- “Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?” – Rumi
- “It’s alright to feel helpless sometimes, as long as you know you are loved.”
- “Hiding your feelings (or lack of feelings, numbness) will not help you heal.”
- “Feeling helpless is the worst feeling ever encountered with.” – Sanjucta Roy
- “When you accept or ask things from someone, it doesn’t make you helpless.”
- “Pain… Being helpless about a problem of the one you care.” – Achu Chakravarthy
- “Sometimes your heart needs some time to accept what your brain already knows.”
- “This is painful. it’s tough because you feel helpless. You can’t help your child.” – Yannick Noah
- “If you feel like you are not functioning normally, it may be due to depression with symptoms of brain fog.”
- “The hardest part is when you can’t do anything about it and you know that you would do something if you could.”
- “The hardest part of being a parent is watching a child go through something really tough and not being able to fix it for them.”
- “Life has a way of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The greatest agony, my dear, is to watch your loved ones in pain. The helplessness is equivalent to 1000 stab wounds.” – Saru Singhal
- “If there’s a more helpless feeling than trying to reach someone you love who’s trapped underground, I don’t know it.” – Suzanne Collins
- “Reliving in hope doesn’t mean that you’re helpless. All it means is that you still choose to see the light, even in your darkest moments.” – RH
- “Switch your mentality from “I’m broken and helpless” to “I’m growing and healing” and watch how your life changes, for the better.” – Word Porn
- “I think that being vulnerable is about feeling helpless, or powerless… it’s about allowing myself to be in a place where I could be hurt.” – Sadie Calvano
- “We know that our world is corrupt and diseased but we’re tired of being cynical and feeling helpless. What the hell, tilt at a windmill.” – Cynthia Heimel
- “It’ll leave you feeling hollow and helpless, and there is where you’ll stay. Ain’t it funny child, love sometimes leaves you as dead as yesterday.” – Zakk Wylde
- “A reprisal of this magnitude… has never been carried out before. I paced back and forth in my room perplexed and completely depressed, feeling helpless.” – Moshe Sharett
- “The mind wants to forget because it weighs so much on the heart and soul. I am tired of crying and feeling so helpless. I want to breathe again – just for a little while.” – Angelina Jolie
- “The worst feeling was helplessness. I’m done being helpless. I need to be on the front line. Few other things can occupy my mind. I can’t read books. I can’t watch movies. They can’t distract me from the hurt.” – Stephen Push
- “Lazy doesn’t exist. Lazy is a symptom of something else. The person who can’t get up off their butt is just a person who’s depressed. It’s usually a pervasive lack of self-worth, or a feeling of helplessness.” – Jillian Michaels
- “Helplessness is such a rotten feeling. There’s nothing you can do about it. Being helpless is like being paralyzed. It’s sickness. The cure calls for a monumental effort to stand up and start walking somewhere, anywhere. But that takes some doing.” – Chuck Barris
- “I don’t know if I understood the concept of hell on earth, until I journeyed through grief and loss. When all feels helpless….when the world feels dark, and you pray that you won’t wake up each day…that’s hell on earth. When you survive it, life is forever changed.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
- “Always remember that behind every strong and independent woman, there are days when she was alone and helpless. There are lessons she has learned from life and there are stories of battles and struggles which she has fought alone. Beneath the shield of confidence and strength there is a plethora of sadness and pain which she has endured.” – Aarti Khurana
Feeling helpless can be a daunting experience, but there are many powerful quotes that remind us of the resilience of the human spirit.
By drawing on the wisdom of those who have come before us, we can find the strength and courage to overcome even the most challenging of circumstances.
If you like these I am feeling helpless quotes, also check our posts on insomnia quotes and keep trying quotes to inspire you to never give up and try again to be successful.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread some positive vibes.