105 Fantasy Quotes To Help You Live A Life Of Your Dreams
Looking for inspirational quotes about fantasy? We have rounded up the best collection of fantasy quotes, sayings, captions, wallpaper, and status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to live a life of fantasy and dig deeper into your imagination.
Fantasy is a pleasant situation that you enjoy thinking about and that you want to happen, especially, those that are unlikely to happen. It is the art of imagining things that take your mind to places where you desire to go in reality. Living in a world of fantasy means living in a world of imagination filled with magic, unusual creatures, wizardry, and creativity.
Also See: Reality Quotes
Fantasizing is not only specific to people with mature minds but people of every age group can do it. Children grow up fantasizing about Santa Claus, while elders fantasize about other things.
There are many books written and movies filmed in the fantasy genre. Some of the popular books and movies that involve fantasy are Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and Narnia, etc.
In reality, life is filled with adversities. Each one of us have stress about something or other. Fantasy helps us to live a life which we want in reality. It relieves us from our daily stress and helps us survive the harsh realities of life. But it is important for us to draw a line between reality and fantasy.
We should fantasize but we should live in our reality. Imagination is good till we use it responsibly and in a positive way. These fantasy quotes about love and magic fantasy quotes will inspire you to fantasize but at the same stay in touch with the reality.
- Famous Fantasy Quotes
- Reality And Fantasy Quotes
- Living A Fantasy Life Quotes
If you like these fantasy short quotes and funny fantasy quotes then check our posts on sexy love quotes and uplifting dreams quotes to inspire you to dream big and achieve your goals.
Famous Fantasy Quotes
- “I guess I am a fantasy.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Everybody must have a fantasy.” – Andy Warhol
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality.” – Lady Gaga
- “In dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own.”
- “You have to hold on to your fantasy.” – Betsey Johnson
- “Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Fantasy allows you to get past defenses.” – Elizabeth Moon
- “Love is fantasy… Life is reality.” – Richard Allen Whisenant
- “Fantasy is one of the soul’s brighter porcelains.” – Pat Conroy
- “Fantasy is a state of mind that you cultivate within you.” – ATGW
- “Fantasy mirrors desire. Imagination reshapes it.” – Mason Cooley
- “I’ve always said fantasy is sort of stealth philosophy.” – Terry Goodkind
- “My single-minded aim is to give existence to fantasy.” – Claes Oldenburg
- “Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.” – Terry Pratchett
- “I made my fantasy life more powerful than my real one.” – Jeffrey Dahmer
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
- “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.” – Maya Angelou
- “All truth is very ordinary. It is people’s fantasies of what is true that is so extraordinary.” – Brian Perkins
- “The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “We are lucky that our fantasy is for the picking. We can go back in time, stand still, or go forward.” – Lida van Bers
- “Fantasy is toxic: the private cruelty and the world war both have their start in the heated brain.” – Elizabeth Bowen
- “All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.” – Carl Jung
- “All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable.” – Walt Disney
- “Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can.” – Terry Pratchett
- “The poet is in command of his fantasy, while it is exactly the mark of the neurotic that he is possessed by his fantasy.” – Lionel Trilling
- “Without this playing with fantasy, no creative work has ever come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable.” – Carl Jung
- “Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.” – Francisco de Goya
- “People’s fantasies are what give them problems. If you didn’t have fantasies you wouldn’t have problems because you’d just take whatever was there.” – Andy Warhol
- “Fantasy, if it’s really convincing can’t become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time.” – Walt Disney
- “The pleasures of the imagination are as it were only drawings and models which are played with by poor people who cannot afford the real thing.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
- “Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.” – Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
- “But in fantasy, you can make a complete break, and you can put people in a situation where they are confronted with things that they would not confront in the real world.” – Elizabeth Moon
- “As unrealistic as fairy tales always are, if there wasn’t a reality that we could translate into our own fantasy, in our own life, it would be boring. The interest is only because of a potential reality.” – Jan Harlan
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.” – Dr. Seuss
Reality And Fantasy Quotes
Just like in fairytales and stories which we all have heard in ur childhood, our fantasy world has got everything perfect. Everything which we desire and want in life in perfectly in sync in our fantasies.
Here is a list of some cute fantasy cutes for her, fantasy quotes for him, and meaningful dark fantasy quotes that will help you understand the difference between fantasy and reality.
Also check our collection of anime girl names and wood elf names for males, females, names with meaning, surnames for your popular characters.
- “Fantasy and reality often overlap.” – Walt Disney
- “All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.” – Anonymous
- “Fantasy love is much better than Reality Love.” – Andy Warhol
- “When we do fantasy, we must not lose sight of reality.” – Walt Disney
- “We need fantasy to survive because reality is too difficult.” – Lady Gaga
- “Love is the fantasy of a relationship, lust is the reality of it.” – Unknown
- “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” – Lewis Carroll
- “Fantasy is the only canvas large enough for me to paint on.” – Terry Brooks
- “I’m half living my life between reality and fantasy at all times.” – Lady Gaga
- “Open the window of fantasy to know what reality can bring.” – Raul D. Arellano
- “Myth is supposed to bring us together, but fantasy alienates us.” – Dustin Hoffman
- “I’m not crazy my reality is just different than yours.” – Cheshire Cat, Alice In Wonderland
- “I think the more stressful our times get, the more we look for fantasy escapes.” – Jeri Ryan
- “Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It’s a way of understanding it.” – Lloyd Alexander
- “When someone told me I lived in a fantasy land, I nearly fell off my unicorn.” – Anonymous
- “We don’t create a fantasy world to escape reality. We create it to be able to stay.” – Lynda Barry
- “Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Wake me up in this wonderful fantasy for I have met the man of my wildest dreams.” – Unknown
- “Human needs fantasy to be human. The place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.” – Unknown
- “Creating fantasy is a very personal thing, but you can’t take the process too personally.” – Joseph Barbera
- “When fantasy turns you on, you’re obligated to God and nature to start doing it right away.” – Stewart Brand
- “Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out.” – Criss Jami
- “He was her dark fairytale and she was his twisted fantasy. And together they made magic.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Work to live up to your dreams and fantasies; to hell with them who ask you to come back to reality.” – Unknown
- “Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Don’t forget no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.” – Charles De Lint
- “No matter how beautiful your dreams and fantasies are, you will always have to wake up and face the reality of life.” – Unknown
- “Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Your mind doesn’t know the difference between reality and fantasy. Your mind acts on what you feed it. Feed it good thoughts.” – Zig Ziglar
“Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us that dragons exist but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable.” – Carl Jung
- “To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.” – Carl Sagan
- “The cost of oblivious daydreaming was always this moment of return, the realignment with what had been before and now seemed a little worse.” – Ian McEwan
- “Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.” – Andy Warhol
- “Life is a fantastic fantasy, just live it with ecstasy. Don’t be fanatic about the fantastic life gifted to a few including you. it’s a deep fantasy so live with ecstasy.” – Unknown
- “If something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn’t there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That’s why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones.” – Norton Juster
- “People frequently believe the creative life is grounded in fantasy. The more difficult truth is that creativity is grounded in reality, in the particular, the focused, the well observed or specifically imagined.” – Julia Cameron
- “The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don’t know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.” – Oprah Winfrey
“My imagination completely controls me, and forever feeds the fire that burns with dark red light in my heart by bringing me the best dreams. I’ve always had a wild imagination, a big heart and a tortured soul so I feel that dark fantasy, love and horror are in my blood.” – Elizabeth Kim
Living A Fantasy Life Quotes
These reality vs fantastic quotes, fantasy quotes from books, and fantasy quotes for Instagram will give you an insight about how to maintain a balance between reality and fantasy.
These inspirational quotes about fantazising are from famous books, fairytales, movies to help you give wings to your imagination.
If you like these aesthetic quotes about fantasy then check our posts on truth quotes and passion quotes to inspire you to be passionate about your goals, love, and live the dreams of your life.
- “The world of books is my fantasy.”
- “Fiction is the truth inside the lie.” – Stephen King
- “You’re the fantasy I never knew I had.” – Amy Lane
- “Fiction is an improvement on life.” – Charles Bukowski
- “We need fantasy, not to escape but survive in the reality.”
- “When I was your age, television was called books.” – William Goldman
- “Let yourself unwind and get lost in the garden of your mind.” – Anonymous
- “The genre of fantasy is about magic and occult characters.” – Shawn Ashmore
- “I live in a world of fantasy. So keep your reality away from me.” – Anonymous
- “Come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.” – Peter Pan
- “Living in a world of fantasy people always forget the reality.” – Tamanna Sharma
- “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
- “You don’t have to follow the crowd, you can live your life in a land of fantasy.” – ATGW
- “The world needs fantasy, not reality. We have enough reality today.” – Alexander McQueen
- “Fantasy: A girl with dreamy eyes, still longing for her fairies to appear.” – Akanksha Sachdeva
- “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.” – Walt Disney
- “We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.” – Iris Murdoch
- “What people really want in the theater is fantasy involvement and not reality involvement.” – Edward Albee
- “If you don’t turn your life into a fantasy story, you just become a part of someone else’s fantasy story.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Romance novels satisfy a very specific fantasy of romantic love that seems to be a powerful part of the female psyche.” – Melissa Pritchard
- “Meet me at midnight in the forest of my dreams, we’ll make a fire and count the stars that shimmer above the tree.” – Christy Ann Martine
- “The interesting thing is how one guy, through living out his own fantasies, is living out the fantasies of so many other people.” – Hugh Hefner
- “When you compare the sorrows of real life to the pleasures of the imaginary one, you will never want to live again, only to dream forever.” – Alexandre Dumas
- “Lovers and madmen have such seething brains, such shaping fantasies, that apprehend. More than cool reason ever comprehends.” – William Shakespeare
- “Children know perfectly well that unicorns aren’t real, but they also know that books about unicorns, if they are good books, are true books.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Reading a fantasy book is a commitment…a commitment to adventure…a commitment to bravery. You make that commitment and you reap the benefits…of epicness.” – Unknown
- “It’s so strange how life works: you want something and you wait and wait and feel like it’s taking forever to come. Then it happens and it’s over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed.”
- “There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” – Patrick Rothfuss
- “I read once about a woman whose secret fantasy was to have an affair with an artist. She thought he would really see her. He would see every curve, every line, every indentation, and love them because they were part of the beauty that made her unique.” – Unknown
- “And isn’t that, at its core, what the princess fantasy is about for all of us? “Princess” is how we tell little girls that they are special, precious. “Princess” is the wish that we could protect them from pain, that they would never know sorrow, that they will live happily ever after ensconces in lace and innocence.” – Peggy Orenstein
These fantasy quotes also cover fantasy quotes about magic, final fantasy quotes, best fantasy quotes, reality and fantasy quotes, you are my fantasy quotes, wildest fantasy quotes, epic fantasy quotes, fantasy adventure quotes, fantasy elf quotes, and fantasy world quotes.
If you liked these fantasy world quotes also check our posts on beautiful good night quotes and manifestation quotes to inspire you and help you to get the life you desire by manifesting your dreams.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.