Looking for inspirational quotes about keeping distance from toxicity and negativity? We have rounded up the best collection of distance yourself quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) to help you avoid negative people.
Life can be really stressful when you are surrounded by people who give you negative energy. Toxic relationship with friends and family just suck the positive energy from you.
Its’ best to distance yourself from such people and negativity to maintain your own sanity and happiness. To keep your energy intact sometimes you have to keep away from drama that people create.
Some quality “me time” away from friends and family will always help you to relax, rejuvinate and re-energize.
These encouraging quotes on distancing will help you to take a step back from unwanted people who just hurt and manipulate your feelings.
Distance Yourself Quotes
- “When I feel unwanted, I distance myself.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from people you don’t want to become.” – Shane Parrish
- “Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things more clearly.” – Unknown
- “Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity.” – Anonymous
- “Distancing yourself from an argument is sometimes the best for of rebuttal.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from negativity or it will deplete your well of optimism.” – Jeff Sheehan
- “Positive things happen when you distance yourself from negative people.” – Boonaa Mohammed
- “Never lose yourself while holding on to someone who doesn’t really care about losing you.” – Unknown
- “With her own hand she’d painted herself into a corner, and then out of the picture altogether.” – Jhumpa Lahiri
- “Distance yourself from negative people who try to lower your motivation and decrease your ambition.” – Roy Bennett
- “Don’t be afraid to distance yourself from the people who always hurt you… So you can find people who makes you happy.” – Unknown
- “Keep your distance from people who will never admit they are wrong and always try to make you feel like it’s all your fault.” – Unknown
- “You just have to distance yourself from people sometimes. Time has always proven to be the best way to heal yourself sometimes.” – Unknown
- “Drama loves company. Distance yourself from foolishness and peace will find you and naturally become a part of your lifestyle.” – Germany Kent
- “Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, you know where you stand.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Sometimes it’s best to love people from a distance and give them time and space to get their minds right before allowing them back into your life.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from the people who: lie to you, people who disrespect you, people who use you and people whose job in their life is to bring you down.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you have to distance yourself from people to make them realize you don’t always have to be there, and that you’re not one to be taken for granted.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you need to distance yourself and create alone time, so you can connect with who you really are, and discover for yourself what you want out of life.” – Anonymous
- “Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure.” – Henri Nouwen
Distancing Yourself Quotes
Sometimes distancing yourself from everyone is a form of self-care and self-love. You learn to give importance to yourself and take out time to introspect and improve on aspects of your life be it work, career of relationships.
- “Distance yourself from people who make you stay far from yourself.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from everyone for a while and you will realize a lot.” – Unknown
- “Amazing things happen when you distance yourself from every negativity.” – Unknown
- “Distancing yourself is a lot better option than losing yourself in a toxic process.” – Unknown
- “Your vision will become more clear when you distance yourself from negativity.” – Unknown
- “Don’t let people get to you, distance yourself from negativity and always find a reason to be happy.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from people who: 1. Lie to you. 2. Disrespect you. 3. Use you. 4. Put you down.” – Anonymous
- “Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” – Roy Bennett
- “I prefer to distance myself whenever I’m in a bad mood because I’ll become the most heartless person you’ll ever meet.” – Unknown
- “Distancing yourself from people sometimes helps you to know those that are really worth keeping and those you should let go.” – Unknown
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” – Robert Southey
- “It’s time you started distancing yourself from the inconsistent ones and the people who let you down. It’s time to start loving yourself.” – Unknown
- “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Don’t allow unhappy and bitter people drag you down to their level. Thus, distancing yourself from them is sometimes the better option.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from the personal attacks and all the dramas designed to cause trouble. Your level will drop and there’ll be more time to spend with real friends.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from negative people so you can create space for positive people who support your ambition, believe in your dream, and bring out the best in you.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes all you need is to distance yourself in order to create alone time for yourself, so you can be able to connect with who you truly are and what you need out of life.” – Unknown
Quotes About Distancing Yourself Quotes
There comes a point in our life when we need to cut-off from everyone and focus just on ourself. It’s important for self-developement and self-worth.
Also See: Protect Your Energy Quotes
If you are in a relationship or friendship where people are using you, manipulating you or hurting you with their action then keeping some distance will only give you time to think and decide about the best thing to be done.
- “I only want one thing from fake people: Distance.” – Unknown
- “You will realize a lot when you distance yourself a bit.” – Unknown
- “I reward loyalty with loyalty and disloyalty with distance.” – Unknown
- “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Deleting people from your life can sometimes be refreshing.” – Unknown
- “Somehow, there’s more magic in “I miss you” than in “I love you”. – Unknown
- “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Unknown
- “What a lovely surprise to discover how unlonely being alone can be.” – Ellen Burstyn
- “Distance yourself, it’s okay. After all, they never really cared about you anyway.” – Unknown
- “You just have to distance yourself sometimes from most people and their bullshit.” – Unknown
- “Maintaining a distance from a painful event is probably the ignition for the process of forgiveness.” – Unknown
- “Distance sometimes can help you know those that are worth keeping and those that are worth letting go.” – Unknown
- “Distancing yourself from everything and everyone can sometimes be good for your emotional and mental health.” – Unknown
- “Distance yourself from people who bring out the stress in you, and move closer to those who bring out the best in you.” – Unknown
- “It’s no good to physically distance yourself from someone in your life, if you’re just gonna let them live in your mind.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Sometimes we maintain silence to protect a beautiful relation, but we forget, too much silence creates distance in every beautiful relation.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you need to distance yourself from the people you love. That doesn’t mean you love them any less, sometimes you even love them more.” – Unknown
- “Detaching from people you have close ties with is not really easy, but sometimes it’s necessary in order to restore your peace of mind and sanity as well.” – Unknown
Distancing Myself From Everyone Quotes
To keep your sanity and positivity you need to shield yourself from energy delpletion. It means to avoid bad energy and seek only optimism and “good vibes” for self preservation.
- “I distance myself from bullshit.” – Unknown
- “It is easy to be brave at a safe distance.” – Aesop
- “I maintain my sanity by keeping my distance.” – Luis Miguel
- “There’s always a reason I distance myself from people.” – Unknown
- “True friends never apart maybe in distance but never in heart.” –Helen Keller
- “So… I’ll just pretend like nothing really happened and distance myself from everybody again.” – Unknown
- “Alone time is when I distance myself from the voices of the world so I can hear my own.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I used photography to distance myself from a world that I loathed and was powerless to improve.” – Lewis Baltz
- “Vanity can apply to both insecurity and egotism. So I distance myself, because I feel everything.” – Taylor Swift
- “The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Sometimes I just distance myself from some people because I just feel they are going to go anyway.” – Unknown
- “There’re three reason why I distance myself from people; It’s either I hate them, want to move on, or just too afraid to fall in love.” – Unknown
- “I learned to keep at a certain distance from things – and to make myself a little bit invisible while I observed and understood them.” – Valeria Luiselli
- “Employing women as my primary protagonists has allowed me to step outside of myself, to distance myself from my own personality, far more easily than were I to look at events from a masculine perspective.” – Tom Robbins
- “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad cuz I miss you I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.” – Henri Nouwen
- “I began to draw an invisible boundary between myself and other people.” – Haruki Murakami
More Positive Quotes;
These inspirational quotes about positivity from famous writers, authors, leaders, who have faced failure and success, who despite certain odds and challenges stayed positive. Use their positive words to get you going on your own good vibes.
These encouraging protecting my energy quotes will help you to surround yourself with good people and tuning into positivity, and away from negative vibes.
Share these words of widsom and images with pictures to your friends, family, and loved ones to inspire them as well on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, WhatsApp, Tumblr, and more.