Read and enjoy these closure quotes about relationships, death, and life to help you move on after making peace with your past events.
Giving closure to a relationship or an emotional event means resolving it and accepting the situation. It always helps to put an end to the restlessness or pain in your mind and heal from the hurt.
It involves gaining a deeper understanding of the reasons behind the breakup, accepting the end of the relationship, and finding peace within oneself.
Why Is Closure Important?
Just like when we have a wound, it’s important to properly close it up so that it can heal and return to its normal state, the same principle applies to real-life situations, especially relationships.
Closure acts as a sort of resolution or final chapter to the situation or relationship.
It involves addressing any lingering questions or concerns, expressing our feelings, and gaining a sense of understanding and acceptance. By doing so, we can begin the healing process and find inner peace.
Think of closure as tying up loose ends. Without closing the past chapters how do you move on to the next?
These insightful quotes on closure will give you a much-needed perspective and direction to make peace with the past and welcome the new path in your life.
Top 10 Closure Quotes
- “Closure is not a one-time event; it’s a process of healing and letting go.” — Unknown
- “Closure is not something you give yourself, it’s something you find within yourself.” — Unknown
- “Closure doesn’t mean forgetting. It means accepting and understanding what happened.” — Unknown
- “But I still need closure, The hold my past has on me Is a great weight on my shoulder.” — Tiffany Miles
- “Closure is not about getting an apology or an explanation; it’s about finding peace within yourself.” — Unknown
- “Finding closure opens the door for us to see the new path we will take on our journey of life and living.” — Debbie Ziemann
- “Suffice it to say that at some point we need closure. Life goes on for most, but some folks become bitter and continually live in the past.” — Wade Powers
- “Closure. We all seek it. We seek the end of things and also the beginning of new things. Those things we can’t find closure on, they haunt us.” — Lisa Unger
- “The quest for closure is a journey of introspection, utterance, response, further introspection, further utterance, further response—an endlessly unfolding human text.” — Kayla Blaze
- “Whatever the endings, closure does not foreclose awareness but instead opens it—to suffering, to acceptance, to reconstruction, but always to the story of what was, is, and might be.” — Jody Lyneé Madeira
Quotes About Closure
Without closure, the memories and emotions associated with the event or relationship can keep resurfacing, making it difficult to fully heal and find emotional stability.
These deep closure quotes will inspire you with the strength to confront and embrace the truths that your mind has always acknowledged, even when your heart hesitated to accept them.
- “Closure comes from accepting that not every question will be answered.” — Unknown
- “Closure is when raw memory blurs to become the folklore of life.” — Stewart Stafford
- “Closure doesn’t really exist….That’s why we’re always looking for it.” — Maggie Shipstead
- “Closure is not dependent on the actions of others; it’s a choice you make for yourself.” — Unknown
- “Closure, for me, would mean accepting my circumstances rather than trying to alter them to serve me best.” — Samra Habib
- “Closure is brilliant in books and movies as a way to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner, but real life is rarely so simple.” — Mandi Em
- “Not having closure is a closure” — Unknown
- “Moving on is all about deciding that whatever your future holds is far more important than anything you are holding onto in your past.” — Naureen Youssef
- “People don’t like things dangling indefinitely; they want closure. This sense of psychological completeness is calming to one’s spirit and psyche.” — Douglas Hughes
- “I no longer seek closure, no more bitterness and my heart is no longer cold for I have found the love you were incapable of providing and I have found warmth in the arms of someone better.” — R.H. Sin
- “If we had our way, we’d square everything off in life perfectly, like reading the final pages of a book and putting it back on the bookshelf before we start a new one. If only life was that neat and tidy.” — Lisa Messenger
- “The principle of closure is seeking a release from tension. The more that tension builds, the more we desire to find a resolution. The greater the tension, the greater the pleasure in finding closure…” — Aaron L. Ashford
- “If emotional pain or problems have cropped up in your life, you must insist on getting closure. Closure means you don’t carry the problem or the pain. You address the issue, then you slam shut the book and put it away.” — Phil McGraw
- “Once we have achieved inner balance, we don’t need closure from an outside source. We find closure in the perfection of the Soul and in the balanced state of mind we have when we are fully connected with our True Self.” — Cassandra Blizzard
- “Closure is only a fairytale, a myth, a legend. The only true closure can come from within…this is a type of love story where the happy ending lies in not finding Prince Charming. Rather, it lies in the realization that he never existed at all.” — Shahida Arabi
Closer Quotes After Losing A Loved One
- “Not being capable of mending differences or finding closure with a loved one will stay and eat at you forever.” — Patricia Laurel
- “Finding closure can be one of the most important challenges in dealing with grief. For some, there is no closure.” — Uma Girish
- “People tell me I should be finding “closure” in my grief, but that’s a misconception. My love and grief will never end. I will never fully close the door on my loss.” — Alan D. Wolfelt
- “Grief cannot be forced or pushed or closed off from our minds. There is no magic formula for working through grief. The fact of the matter is that grief must be expressed and dealt with.” — Gerald Miller
- “The concept of closure is built on two discredited myths—that grief has a timetable, and that we can somehow move beyond our grief by letting go or detaching from the person we loved.” — Kenneth J. Doka
Relationship Closure Quotes
- “Sometimes you don’t get closure, you just move on.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “Sometimes the only way to get closure is by accepting that you’ll never get it.” — John Mark Green
- “Close that chapter of your life, and get on with your wonderful future.” — Jan Jovaag Ansorge, When You Are Facing a Divorce
- “Whatever the thread, there comes a time when you have to face it head on and close that chapter of your life so that you can heal and move on to the success you are entitled to.” — Brigid Curran
- “The closure I placed on this chapter of my life, in the beginning wasn’t easy because we still had a lot of healing to do. But as we all know, living life is like writing a book.” — Carrie Bertrand
- “Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, don’t fight for closure, don’t ask for explanations, don’t chase answers and don’t expect people to understand where you’re coming from.” — Rania Naim
- “We demand closure as though our lives were put together as neatly as novels, but the fact of the matter is they’re not. In real life, relationships are messy and poorly written, ending too early or too late, and sometimes in the middle of a sentence.” — Beau Taplin
- “If a person tells you that it’s over close that chapter of your life and move on. It’s not meant for them to continue on that journey with you. — Shalona L. Amos
- “Sometimes you do need closure in your life to get a clear sense of the end and to know why it started and why it ended.” — Rutuja Naik
- “Almost relationships mostly end without closure. You may never know why things ended or why it fizzled out, was it you or was it them — and so many other unanswered questions.” — Rania Naim
Breakup Closure Quotes
- “Not every problem has a happy ending, but it should have an ending.” — Hidden Secrets
- “You have to accept that some chapters in our lives have to close without closure.” — Ashleigh K Guice
- “It’s normal to want closure, but realize you’re the only one that needs it. He doesn’t.” — Leslie Braswell
- “If you were the one left hanging and clueless after the breakup, then you need to find closure first.” — RD King
- “With time, patience, and work you can reach a better place: A place of healing, happiness, and closure.” — Michael Louis Eads
- “The only way you feel you will ever get closure is to talk with your ex and understand how and why this happened.” — Unknown
- “I find that talks of closure and apologies must be made and agreed upon before starting fresh, or resentment may be underlying in the relationship.” — Aesha Waks
- “If emotional pain or problems have cropped up in your life, you must insist on getting closure. Closure means you don’t carry the problem or the pain.” — Phil McGraw
- “You don’t need to message them to receive closure and move on. You can just move on, on your own and feel better about in the long run. You don’t need anything more from then and a text won’t change anything.” — Amanda Jensen
- “How do we honor the unfolding and closing of the relationship? Boundaries must be clear, preparations for breaks in the schedule (vacations, etc.) must be thoughtful, and lots of time should be left for closure. Grief work takes time.” — Kenneth J. Doka
- “The only time you’ll ever be satisfied and obtain closure with a breakup is when you’re the one breaking up.” — Leslie Braswell
- “If you’ve ever let yourself fall to pieces, cried, begged, and groveled to a man to take you back after a breakup, or if you have ever sought closure, then you’ve never learned the art or the power of no contact. Now is the time to learn it, live it, and master it.” — Leslie Braswell
- “It’s time to close that chapter of your life and move on. You did the best you could. You could have done worse.” — Hamilton Beazley
- “Don’t waste any more of your precious time seeking closure because he’s already provided it to you.” — Leslie Braswell