70 Be Present Quotes To Inspire You To Live Life In The Moment
Looking for inspirational quotes about being present in the moment? We have rounded up the best collection of ‘be present’ quotes, sayings, captions, status, (with images and pictures) to encourage you to be aware of the “NOW” and enjoy every moment of your life.
Being present means to be mindful and aware of what’s happening in the present moment. In these busy lives, and the hustle bustle, we often tend to ignore little things and special moments which matter the most.
Given the fast pace and hectic schedules, we are always worried about the future or filled with anxiety or thoughts of the past. These random thoughts tend to take away the importance of the present moment which we are living. Amidst all the stress and tension don’t forget to live in the present moment fully.
As they say, the past is gone and the future is unknown and not in our hands, all we have is now, so enjoy it fully and appreciate the blessings of daily life. The destination is important, but we need to enjoy the journey as well, and the journey is our present moments of life.
Also do check out our you only live once quotes so that you can appreciate life and live it to the fullest.
Be Present Quotes
- “Be present. Give 100% to right now.”
- “Wherever you are be all there.” – Jim Elliot
- “Be present. It is the only moment that matters.”
- “Forever – is composed of Nows.” – Emily Dickinson
- “The point of power is always in the present.” – Louise L. Hay
- “To live in the present moment is a miracle.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Be here. Be present. Wherever you are, be there.” – Willie Nelson
- “The past has no power over the present moment.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” — American Proverb
- “The next message you need is always right where you are.” – Ram Dass
- “True wealth is celebrating the present moment.” – Gail Lynne Goodwin
- “I think regret is useless in life. It belongs to the past.” – Marlon Brando
- “Do not ruin today with mourning tomorrow.” ― Catherynne M. Valente
- “You are only here now; you’re only alive in this moment.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.” – Aeschylus
- “Past and future are in the mind only – I am now.” – Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
- “Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
- “Your life requires your mindful presence in order to live it. Be here now.” ― Akiroq Brost
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
- “The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.” – André Maurois
- “The past cannot survive in your presence. It can only survive in your absence.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future.” – George Harrison
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life.”
- “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
- “There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment.” – Yamamoto Tsunetomo
- “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
- “The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” – Albert Einstein
- “If you abandon the present moment, you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.” – Deepak Chopra
- “What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Bill Waterson
- “Children have neither a past nor a future. Thus they enjoy the present, which seldom happens to us.” – Jean de La Bruyère
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.” – Heather Hepler
- “People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The foundation of greatness is honoring the small things of the present moment, instead of pursuing the idea of greatness.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Every situation–nay, every moment–is of infinite worth; for it is the representative of a whole eternity.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.” – Alan Watts
- “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “I’d like to be the sort of person who can enjoy things at the time, instead of having to go back in my head and enjoy them.” – David Foster Wallace
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
- “Remember then: there is only one time that is important– Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “If you were conscious, that is to say totally present in the Now, all negativity would dissolve almost instantly. It could not survive in your presence.” — Eckhart Tolle
- “Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Always hold fast to the present. Every situation, indeed every moment, is of infinite value, for it is the representative of a whole eternity.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Focus on opportunities not setbacks. Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t. Focus on the present moment, not the past or the future. Empower yourself!” ― Akiroq Brost
- “Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.”
- “The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green Earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The clock is running. Make the most of today…time waits for no man. Yesterday is history….tomorrow is a mystery…today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” – Alice Morse Earle
- “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” – Dalai Lama
- “What is NOT living in the moment? 1. Dwell in negative emotions 2. Worry about the future 3. Can’t forgive myself 4. Let the what-ifs rule my mind 5. Hold a grudge 6. Wait for the perfect timing.”
- “It stands to reason that anyone who learns to live well will die well. The skills are the same: being present in the moment, and humble, and brave, and keeping a sense of humor.” ― Victoria Moran
- “A man’s whole life is a succession of moment after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.” – Yamamoto Tsunetomo
- “Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can’t relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don’t know if there is one.” – George Harrison
- “You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” – John Green
- “The past is unchangeable so it is futile to reflect on it unless you are making sure you do not repeat mistakes. The future is but a result of your action today. So learn from the past to do better in the present so that you can succeed in the future.” – Jordan Lejuwaan
- “If you feel anxiety or depression, you are not in the present. You are either anxiously projecting the future or depressed and stuck in the past. The only thing you have any control over is the present moment; simple breathing exercises can make us calm and present instantly.” ― Tobe Hanson
- “If your commitment is to being present, then there will come a time when being present becomes your natural state. The present moment becomes your home. You will have short excursions into the world of the mind, but you never go so far into the mind that you get lost there.” — Leonard Jacobson
- “Being present. The mind is like a butterfly that flits from one flower to the next. Seldom do we find ourselves nestled in the exquisite and eternal ocean of here and now. When you are, you can connect with your true self that is beyond the chattering of your mind. When you take the effort to focus your drifting consciousness to become fully awake to the present moment, you will discover the glorious light that dwells within you.” – Denise Linn
- “Be present. Make love. Make tea. Avoid small talk. Embrace conversation. Buy a plant, water it. Make your bed. Make some one else’s bed. Have a smart mouth and quick wit. Run. Make art. Create. Swim in the ocean. Swim in the rain. Take chances. Ask questions. Make mistakes. Learn. Know your worth. Love fiercely. Forgive quickly. Let go of what doesn’t make you happy. Grow.” ― Paulo Coelho
Don’t forget to read our collection of tomorrow is never promised quotes to inspire you to appreciate your loved ones and life.
Now-a-days even if we are with our family, and kids, people are busy hooked on their mobiles. Though they are physically present with their family and friends, their mind is wandering elsewhere. Such behavior takes away the real meaning of the present moment.
We all need to be more present and enjoy in what we do. If you feel you can’t control you wandering thoughts, then practice yoga and meditation. You will really find it helpful for more mindfulness and awareness.
Send these uplifting about being present to your friends and family make them smile to inspire them to Embrace Life as it comes.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and encourage them have a great life and enjoy each day to the fullest.