Looking for inspirational quotes about smoking? We have rounded up the best collection of smoking quotes, sayings, quit smoking quotes, slogans, captions, and status messages (with images and pictures) to inspire you to quit smoking and will help you become a non-smoker.
Smoking is the leading preventable cause of death across the world. Studies and stats suggest that smoking is the direct cause of one of every five deaths in the United States. That translates to roughly 480,000 deaths annually or 1,300 smoking-related deaths per day.
Many people turn to cigarettes as a coping mechanism for mental illness, including depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Since nicotine and smoking are very addictive substances, people who resort to them in anxiety, sadness, anger, boredom, or stress easily get dependent on smoking.
Also See: Quotes About Dying Young
Smoking tobacco products like cigarettes can lead to a variety of severe, long-term health problems. It can cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and respiratory disease, among other medical conditions.
It’s essential to remember that smoking can have serious consequences on our health and those around us. These inspirational smoking quotes can teach us valuable lessons about making healthier choices for ourselves and our loved ones. #QuitSmoking
Top 10 Smoking Quotes
- “I smoke when I feel alone.”
- “Long life or cigarettes? You choose.”
- “If you’re thinking about smoking think again.”
- “A good smoker lights his cigarette without fire.”
- “Smoking doesn’t help even when you think it does.”
- “Much smoking kills live men and cures dead swine.”
- “The smoke of his cigarette burdened her trust on him.”
- “Your life is in your hands, to make of it what you choose.”
- “Non-smokers… die every day. Sleep tight!” – Bill Hicks
- “People say smoking kills but what about feelings bro??”
Best Quotes About Smoking
- “Stop smoking. Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs.” – Unknown
- “Smoking is the leading cause of statistics.” – Fletcher Knebel
- “Fake coughing in front of smokers just to make them feel guilty!”
- “When you smoke the weed, it reveals you to yourself.” – Bob Marley
- “If we lose the battle against tobacco, we will lose the war against cancer.” – Unknown
- “Love and smoking are the same things. Both of them hurt us on leaving.”
- “A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “The more you smoke, the cigarette gets shorter and your life gets shorter too.”
- “I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time.” – Mark Twain
- “A great chain smoker has only three wishes 1. Smoking, 2. Smoking, and 3. Smoking.”
- “Be nice to the people who smoke cigarettes, any cigarette might be their last cigarette.”
- “Stop smoking! Did you know that each cigarette shortens your life by approx. 12 minutes? – Unknown
- “By quitting smoking, you quit all the bad things in your life and add beautiful things to life.”
- “A burned cigarette ash says – Today it’s me because of you. Tomorrow it’s you because of me…”
- “A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman.” – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “I’m not really a heavy smoker anymore. I only get through two lighters a day now.” – Bill Hicks
- “Life’s vibrant hues are way too beautiful and precious to be distorted by the smoke of cigarettes.”
- “Not every person who smoke is bad person, not every person who goes to temple is a good person.”
- “If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.” – Douglas Adams
- “Smoking isn’t the only thing that kills. Life today, nearly everything kills. Guess I should give up life.”
- “Someone dies from smoking, Someone dies from a heart attack, What’s the difference both are dead.”
- “If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don’t actually live longer; it just seems longer.”
- “Like a person is not a thief until he is caught, Smoking was only harmful to the person who died of smoking.”
- “The threat of nicotine withdrawal is like having a cat on your doorstep but in your mind, you interpret it like a tiger.”
- “When you smoke, you’re paying to kill yourself. If you want to die from smoking..it’s quicker and easier just to get a gun.”
- “The best time to stop smoking is when the cigarette arrives at the filter.” – Unknown
- “I tried to stop smoking cigarettes by telling myself I just didn’t want to smoke, but I didn’t believe myself.”- Barbara Kelly
- “…when I don’t smoke I scarcely feel as if I’m living. I don’t feel as if I’m living unless I’m killing myself.” – Russell Hoban
- “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
- “I have seen many a man turn his gold into smoke, but you are the first who has turned smoke into gold.” – Queen Elizabeth
- “A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” – Oscar Wilde
- “After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn’t involve two human beings.” – Brad Shaw
- “I tried to stop smoking my special cigarettes but when I went outside the graphics weren’t as good so I sparked up a spliff and the world went back to normal.”
- “Now the only thing I miss about sex is the cigarette afterward. Next to the first one in the morning, it’s the best one of all. It tasted so good that even if I had been frigid I would have pretended otherwise just to be able to smoke it.”- Rudyard Kipling
Powerful Slogans To Quit Smoking Today
Smoking does not only you but also affects people around you as passive smoking leads to various health hazards. On this No Smoking Day, let’s take the initiative to raise awareness, start campaigns, and spread the word to help smokers quit this toxic habit.
These powerful quit smoking slogans and one-liners are great for posters, t-shirts, and raising awareness amongst young and adults to give up the habit of smoking cigarettes.
- Smoking takes life.
- Be Smart, Don’t Start.
- Smoking thrills, but it also kills.
- Burn calories, not cigarettes.
- Sometimes quitters do win.
- Don’t Be A Wacko Stop Tobacco!
- Don’t let your future go up in smoke.
- Save your lungs, save your life.
- Everyone has the right to clean air.
- Be brighter, put down the lighter.
- Kill your bad habits not yourself!
- Smoke away your worries, not your lungs.
- Cancer Is No Joke, So Put Down That Smoke.
- Cigarettes Burn Holes In Your Pocket.
- Tobacco companies kill their best customers.
Funny Smoking Quotes
The annual World No Tobacco Day campaign (31 May) is an opportunity to raise awareness on the harmful and deadly effects of tobacco use.
No Smoking Day is an annual health awareness day in the United Kingdom which is intended to help smokers who want to quit smoking. National no smoking day takes place on the second Wednesday in March.
The message to quit smoking is given in a funny and sarcastic way in these funny smoking quotes that throw light on the ill-effects of smoking.
- “Cancer cures smoking.”
- “Good smoker is a good kisser:)”
- “I can’t think of cooler ways to die.”
- “I hate cigarettes that’s why I burn them.”
- “A cigarette a day keeps the doctor in pay.”
- “Smoking reduces weight……one lung at a time!”
- “Do you mind if I don’t smoke?” – Groucho Marx
- “Kissing a person who smokes is like licking an ashtray.”
- “I like to walk in fog so that no one can see me smoking.”
- “To know more about LUNG cancer….keep SMOKING !!”
- “I am not a heavy smoker, I just go through a lighter a day.”
- “If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go.” – Mark Twain
- “I make it a rule never to smoke while I’m sleeping.” – Mark Twain
- “Smoking and getting caught by your father is injurious to health…!!”
- “Smokers are the kindest people ever… Until they have no smokes…”
- “My doctor asked me how much I smoked, I told him just enough to stay addicted.”
- “Smoking kills germs of our teeth. And I’m gonna fight these germs. Are you ready?”
- “I always think about quitting smoking .. But what to do … To think I need to smoke.”
- “You might be a firefighter if you’ve ever smoked and there wasn’t a cigarette in sight.”
- “Don’t ever hate smokers because its them due to whom thousands get their daily bread.”
- “I went on a diet, stopped smoking dope, cut out the drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I lost two weeks.”
- “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
- “It’s been proven that 100% of people that smoke die…it’s also been proven that 100% of people that don’t smoke die too.”
- “If you are going to try the cigarette once in your life then please think about it again because cigarette will try rest of your life.”
- “Smoking is amazing, I love it! You all who aren’t smokers should try it! It’s been the best thing of my life! Bye, gotta go to heaven.”
- “Cigarette packets and love both are same. . . The only difference between them is that, at least cigarettes packets comes with a warning.”
- “Nonsmokers: I hate cigarettes that’s why I never touched one.:) Smokers: I hate cigarettes that’s why whenever I see one, I lit it up.:D”
Cool Smoking Captions To Stop Smoking
A lot of teens and adults find smoking to be cool and throw an attitude with smoking status and captions. But awareness about smoking kills and is very injurious to health needs to be spread all over the world to discourage smoking cigarettes.
By quitting smoking, you can lengthen your life expectancy and decrease your risk of many chronic illnesses and diseases like cancer. Scientific studies have shown that hard-hitting media campaigns, slogans, and posters, are effective in helping people quit smoking.
- “Quit now, your life depends on it.”
- “Don’t make an ash of yourself.”
- “Smoke or not, you die anyway.”
- “No seriously, this is my last one.”
- “A Smoke a day keeps the stress away!”
- “Lips that smoke are really hard to kiss.”
- “I say no to cigarettes but they don’t listen.”
- “Smokers don’t grow old…they die young…”
- “Smoking is an expenditure beyond your need.”
- “I would quit smoking, but nobody likes a quitter.”
- “Smoking kills… But lucky for me, I like a challenge.”
- “I love to be in fog because nobody knows I’m smoking.”
- “I never went to High School, but I went to school high.”
- “I only smoke when I drink, I’m down to two packs a day!”
- “Whenever I think to quit smoking, I need a cigarette to think.”
- “Smoking is like getting burned inside but you can never feel it.”
- “You say smoking kills and I say so do car crashes and serial killers.”
- “Harassing me about my smoking may be hazardous to your health!!”
- “Cigarettes never hurt anyone, the trouble starts when you light them.” – Unknown
- “Smoking is like cutting onions…it affects you and the people beside you.”
- “What’s worse than a smoker with an attitude? An enraged non-smoker!!!!”
- “I just don’t want anyone messing around with my pure smoking pleasure.” – Max Cannon
Quit Smoking Quotes And Slogans
- “Say no to smoking, say yes to life.”
- “The best way to quit is to never start.”
- “If you can’t stop smoking, cancer will.”
- “It ruins your life, Her life, And their lives.”
- “Smoking is not a habit; it is drug addiction.”
- “Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide.”
- “Don’t try to stop smoking. Just stop smoking.”
- “Smoking is suicide by installments.” – H.M. Forester
- “You are greater than your addiction.” – Nasia Davos
- “The best way to quit smoking is to keep wet cigarettes.”
- “Smoking might kill time, sooner than you would want.”
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Thousands of people stop smoking a day – by dying from it.”- Unknown
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Our strength grows out of our weakness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every year thousands of people quit smoking just because they die.”
- “Smoking answers the existential question: how you are going to die.”
- “Your craving is temporary, but the damage to your lungs is permanent.”
- “The best time to stop smoking is when the cigarette arrives at the filter.”
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
- “The best way to stop smoking is to just stop. “no ifs, and or buts.” – Edith Zettler
- “You’re always better off if you quit smoking; it’s never too late.” – Loni Anderson
- “Every time you light up a cigarette, you are saying that your life isn’t worth living.”
- “The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “As long as we think smoking gives us ‘pleasure,’ we will never be a happy non-smoker.”
- “Quitting cigarettes might be the hardest thing to do in life, but at least you will have one.”
- “The best time to quit smoking was the day you started, the second-best time to quit is today.”
- “Smoking is hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, and dangerous to the lungs.” – King James
- “Quitting smoking has nothing to do with nicotine withdrawal but everything to do with our minds.”
- “Thousands of people stop smoking a day – by dying from it. I simply wish you won’t be one of them.”
- “Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go.”
- “To clear up all the confusion, you shouldn’t quit good things like rehab, and you should quit bad things like smoking.”
- “Quitting smoking is rather a marathon than a sprint. It is not a one-time attempt, but a longer effort.” – Aristotle
- “Smoking must be harder than not smoking. For the latter does not require any action.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Tobacco is the enemy, disguised as a friend, and if you are to win the war, you must get to know your enemy.” – Gudjon Bergmann
- “Gift your lungs oxygen, not tar. Gift your body exercise, not bad health. Gift your lips kisses not cigarette butts. Gift yourself a life, not death.”
- “Rehab is NOT for quitters… It’s for those who care enough for the ones they love, and for those who want to take CARE OF THEMSELVES again.”
- “No one can quit smoking for you, or make you want to change your life. No one can make you do anything that you don’t want to do.” – Gudjon Bergmann
- “At least three times every day, take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.” – Lee Jampolsky
- “Today is my opportunity to gain back control from an addiction that has and continues to win over millions. But it won’t beat me. I’m no athlete or superstar. I’m just a country girl with more willpower and determination than anyone you’ll ever meet. Today’s my day. When’s yours?”
Quitting smoking can be hard. Whether you’re an occasional teen smoker or a lifetime pack-a-day smoker, quitting can be really tough.
Even after knowing the health risks of smoking, that doesn’t make it any easier to kick the habit. But with strong willpower, you can always stop smoking and give yourself a better quality of life.
With the right support and quit plan, any smoker can kick the addiction. So don’t give in to your cravings for nicotine and resolve to stop smoking permanently.
If you think you can relate to stopping smoking sayings and slogans feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, and Twitter, to raise awareness about the dangers of smoking.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.