85 Shy Quotes & Sayings To Overcome Your Shyness
Looking for famous quotes about being shy? We have rounded up the best collection of shy quotes, sayings, captions for Instagram, and messages (with images and pictures) that will instill confidence in you and help you open up.
In a world where people look forward to an opportunity to socialize, being shy can seem to be a curse.
Many shy and quiet people wish they were different. But being shy is not a bad thing. It is not something that should be hidden but should be embraced.
Also Check: Best Calm Quotes
Shyness is an emotion that influences how a person behaves and feels around others. It can mean feeling conscious, uncomfortable, nervous, or insecure.
Mostly, shy people stay quiet and are introverts. They usually are not at ease when around others. They hesitate to say or do something because they feel unsure of themselves and are not ready to get noticed.
Shyness, just like any other emotion can be mild, medium, or intense, depending on the person or the situation.
These shy quotes will do wonders for you while meeting new people and can also help you to impress a girl if you are shy enough to express your feelings to her.
Top 10 Shy Quotes And Sayings
- “Deep rivers run quiet.” – Haruki Murakami
- “I am quite shy and people think I’m aloof.” – Kristen Stewart
- “Quiet people always know more than they seem.” – Criss Jami
- “Believe in your flyness… conquer your shyness.” – Kanye West
- “A shy failure is nobler than an immodest success.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “Everybody wants to be somebody fancy. Even if they’re shy.” – Donald Miller
- “I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame.” – Johnny Depp
- “Don’t try to be what you’re not. If you’re nervous, be nervous. If you’re shy, be shy.” – Adriana Lima
- “It is noble to be shy, illustrious not to know how to act, great not to have a gift for living.” – Fernando Pessoa
Famous Quotes About Being Shy
Being shy is quite common and normal. It is not a problem until it turns into social anxiety. There is a certain kind of beauty in having a shy nature.
These shy quotes will help you to embrace your personality of being shy because the truth is you are perfect just as you are.
Also check out extrovert quotes if you are a social butterfly.
- “Shy… but curious.” – butterflies rising
- “I’m shy. Until you get to know me.” – Unknown
- “I was quiet, but I was not blind.” – Jane Austen
- “Too shy to say, but I hope you stay.” – Billie Eilish
- “Who is shy dies from hunger.” – Albanian Proverb
- “I feel shy when people are fussing on me.” – Blake Lively
- “The shell must break before the bird can fly.” – Tennyson
- “We writers are shy, nocturnal creatures.” – John Banville
- “Shyness is just egotism out of its depth.” – Penelope Kieth
- “Listen to me. I’m shy. I’m not stupid.” – Jonathan Lethem
- “I have reason to be shy. I’ve been hurt plenty.” – Ethel Waters
- “I’m so shy now I wear sunglasses everywhere I go.” – Al Pacino
- “Don’t shy away when the world is at your feet.” – Komal Kapoor
- “A shy face is better than a forward heart.” – Miguel de Cervantes
- “Humility is so shy. If you begin talking about it, it leaves.” – Timothy Keller
- “Darling…don’t ever be too shy to dance your heart out.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “He’s like a timid bird, one wrong move and he’ll fly away.” – Krystalle Bianca
- “There was a whole magnificent soul burning brightly behind her shy.” – Atticus
- “I am not shy. I just don’t like to talk when I have meaningful to say.” – Unknown
- “I’m not shy, I’m just really good at figuring out who’s worth talking to.” – Unknown
- “I’m not shy, I’m holding back my awesomeness, so I don’t intimidate you.” – Unknown
- “There are many things that I would like to say to you. But I don’t know how.” – Unknown
- “There is safety in reserve, but no attraction. One cannot love a reserved person.” – Jane Austen
- “He’s a shy man. Life has taught him not to show off what is most precious to him.” – Yann Martel
- “Shrinking in a corner, pressed into the wall; do they know I’m present, am I here at all?” – Lang Leav
- “I always felt awkward and shy and on the outside of the momentum of my friends’ lives.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I never wish to offend, but I am so foolishly shy, that I often seem negligent, when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness…” – Jane Austen
- “The shy little Mayflower weaves her nest, But the south wind sighs o’er the fragrant loam, And betrays the path to her woodland home.” – Sarah Helen Whitman
- “So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them.” – Sylvia Plath
- “I’m shy, but I’m not clinically shy. I don’t have social anxiety disorder or anything like that. I more have a gentle shyness. Like, I have a little trouble mingling at parties.” – Samantha Bee
Shyness Quotes For Shy People
- “I’ve come from nowhere, and I’m not shy to go back.” – Unknown
- “The fact of the matter is that most actors are shy people.” – Roger Moore
- “When a shy person smiles, it’s like the sun coming out.” – Anita Diament
- “Basically, I’m a shy human being. Very introverted.” – George Hamilton
- “My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.” – Dejan Stojanovic
- “There is nothing that makes us feel more lonely than our shyness.” – Maduwa Livhuwani
- “I’ve gotten better at not making people feel uncomfortable with my shyness.” – Clea DuVall
- “A struggle with shyness is in every actor more than anyone can imagine.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I was shy as a child. Now I’m not really shy anymore unless I’m with shy people.” – Nigella Lawson
- “I’m shy at first. But I do the stupidest random things when I get comfortable with someone.” – Unknown
- “He’s a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “I am really a very shy person. If I appear, it is because of the music, not because I want to be seen.” – Enya
- “Shyness in the young may be charming to look at but is painful to the one who suffers it.” – Dorothy Whipple
- “The shy man does have some slight revenge upon society for the torture it inflicts upon him.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “Soft is the music that would charm forever; The flower of sweetest smell is shy and lowly.” – William Wordsworth
- “The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “A lot of vices that I’ve had over the years were always to make up for some sort of character deficiency, one of them being shyness.” – Slash
- “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.” – Andre Dubus
- “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “I was very shy as a child. Very shy. Having a lot of problems with very simple things, like entering a restaurant all by myself.” – Amitabh Bachchan
- “… after pausing a moment for what she knew would not come, for a courage which the outside of no door had ever supplied to her” – Jane Austen
- “There is a certain delightful sort of hope which the introvert can receive only by having company over…the hope that they will leave soon.” – Criss Jami
- “I’m insecure and shy, so when I first meet you I probably won’t say much and quite likely you will think that I don’t like you. But I do. God I honestly do.” – Unknown
- “I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve” – Daphne du Maurier
- “People think I’m quiet because I have nothing to say or because of my shyness. Truth is I just keep my thoughts, opinions to myself in case no one will care about what I have to say.” – Unknown
Popular Shy Quotes For Him And Her
Do you want to express your love to a boy or a shy girl?
Shy love is one of the cutest kinds of love. These beautiful shy quotes will help you to express your feelings and love to your crush.
- “I won’t let you close enough to hurt me.” – Unknown
“Timidity is the silent acceptance of bondage.” – Constance Friday
“I was a shy girl, but when I read, I was adventurous.” – Roxane Gay
“One must not be shy where language is concerned.” – Ann Patchett
“One is always half mad when one is shy of people.” – Robert Walser
“The flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly.” – William Wordsworth
“Social taboos are shy like virtue; once lost, there is no remedy.” – Gunnar Myrdal
“Nothing is as irritating to a shy man as a confident girl.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
“Introductions are hard to come by when your natural state is shyness.” – Steve Martin
“The introvert’s anthem for not wanting to hang out is ‘It’s not you; it’s me.” – Criss Jami
“Maybe shy is when you’re lonely and you don’t think anybody can help you.” – C.K. Williams
“I was the shyest human ever invented, but I had a lion inside me that wouldn’t shut up.” – Ingrid Bergman
“Clearly she was expected to say something, but panic at having to speak stole the thoughts from her head.” – Shannon Hale
“The culture of drink endures because it offers so many rewards: confidence for the shy, clarity for the uncertain” – Pete Hamill
“I live in a shell, so I can’t blame people when they don’t want to crack me. But people like you are the reason I left the nest.” – Maria Elena
“He was rather clumsy and shy and looked as if he’d spent the last ten years of his life locked up in a library – hardly the kind of man any girl your age dreams of …” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“I have always tried to avoid talking to pretty girls, because pretty girls have a vicious effect on me in which every part of my brain is shut down except for the part that says unbelievably stupid things…” – David Foster Wallace
“I felt suddenly shy. I was not used to shy. I was used to shame. Shyness is when you turn your head away from something you want. Shame is when you turn your head away from something you do not want.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
“Everyone is shy it is the inborn modesty that makes us able to live in harmony with other creatures and our fellows. Achievement comes not by denying shyness but, occasionally, by setting it aside and letting pride and perspiration come first.” – Kirkpatrick Sale
“Just because you don’t say much doesn’t mean people don’t notice you. It’s actually the quiet ones who often draw the most attention. There’s this constant whirlwind of motion and sound all around, and then there’s the quiet one, the eye of the storm.” – Amy Efaw
How To Overcome Shyness?
Shy feelings can also be a result of new and unfamiliar situations – like meeting someone new, on the first day of school, or talking in front of a group of people for the first time.
Some people are more likely to feel shy when they are in the limelight or the center of attraction, or when they are not sure how to act or don’t know how others will react.
If having a shy personality seems to be a part of your DNA, remember that you always have the power to change any part of yourself if you are willing to do so.
If you get awkward or uncomfortable in social gatherings and you wish to change yourself and want to overcome your shyness then you can check out a few articles online about how to stop being shy.
These famous quotes about shy people are collected from various books, movies, authors, and celebrities, who give meaningful insight into shy people and their behavior.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and encourage them to have a great life and enjoy each day to the fullest.